Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (219) Previous 115 16 17219 Next
MurdnunoC

12 Sep 2013, 8:59 am #301
(12 Sep 2013, 8:07 am)Andreos1 At taking the risk of starting an argument (which is not the intention) if Ian, Andy or the person who is friends with them on here, can justify some the attitude shown, when offering the information on that forum - then I will be very surprised.
Excuses may be offered, but I am not sure justification can

I'm pretty sure the justification/excuses offered will be that passengers are too lazy to seek out the information for themselves, or that some of the points raised (e.g. pushchairs not being folded; traffic problems etc.) are issues caused by individual/societal ignorance or are beyond the control of the company.

I think we should stop discussing the antics of Ian and Andy. If they are indeed as egotistical as some of us make them out to be then all of this discussion and attention will not have deterred them but rather cemented their belief that they play a crucial role in the social media output of GNE. We can only point out the potential damage that their wall does to the company image outside of office hours, ultimately it's up to GNE to do something about it.
MurdnunoC
12 Sep 2013, 8:59 am #301

(12 Sep 2013, 8:07 am)Andreos1 At taking the risk of starting an argument (which is not the intention) if Ian, Andy or the person who is friends with them on here, can justify some the attitude shown, when offering the information on that forum - then I will be very surprised.
Excuses may be offered, but I am not sure justification can

I'm pretty sure the justification/excuses offered will be that passengers are too lazy to seek out the information for themselves, or that some of the points raised (e.g. pushchairs not being folded; traffic problems etc.) are issues caused by individual/societal ignorance or are beyond the control of the company.

I think we should stop discussing the antics of Ian and Andy. If they are indeed as egotistical as some of us make them out to be then all of this discussion and attention will not have deterred them but rather cemented their belief that they play a crucial role in the social media output of GNE. We can only point out the potential damage that their wall does to the company image outside of office hours, ultimately it's up to GNE to do something about it.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Sep 2013, 9:23 am #302
This discussion was moved away from the GNE thread for a reason.. :p
Dan
12 Sep 2013, 9:23 am #302

This discussion was moved away from the GNE thread for a reason.. :p

Andreos1

12 Sep 2013, 10:59 am #303
(12 Sep 2013, 8:59 am)AdamY I'm pretty sure the justification/excuses offered will be that passengers are too lazy to seek out the information for themselves, or that some of the points raised (e.g. pushchairs not being folded; traffic problems etc.) are issues caused by individual/societal ignorance or are beyond the control of the company.

At this stage, society (pushchairs, buses being late or breaking down) isn't the issue.
It is the manner and patronising attitude shown by those two.

Those two people are giving up their own time, to help and advise passengers. That would be great, if it stopped there.
However, the way they go about it and the seemingly laissez faire attitude of a multi-million pound organisation, toward their social media prescence is totally wrong.

As I said last night, I am not defending nor condoning the 'characters' for their posts - because as far as I have seen, they have not shown the patronising nature, (sometimes aggressive naturee or sense of deluded importance as displayed by messers Hignett and Clifford.

Edit. As if by magic, I have just noticed this conversation.
A perfect opportunity to help the lass out, has resulted in an argument, he seemingly won't leave or forget about. GNE are aware of the discussion, but have not done a thing about it.
Result? One (deliberately?) antagonised customer, with a less than positive impression of the company.

Emmajade Harmer > Go North East How much is a month pass with an over 18 key card. surely its not £58 for a student with no money?
2 hours ago Like · 14 comments

Ian Hignett Considering the equivalent adult ticket is £100, it represents good value.
Like · 2 hours ago

Emmajade Harmer Considering 4 lots of 7 day tickets is £60 you dont save anything.
Like · 3 · 2 hours ago

Ian Hignett The equivalent adult 7 day ticket would be £30.90 (£123.60 for 4). You seem to be missing the point that get-around tickets for under 18s and students
are considerably cheaper than standard adult ones.
Like · 2 hours ago

Go North East Emmajade, there's also the option of key lifestyle which is £53 per month. www.simplygo.com/ getaround-keylifestyle
Like · 1 · 2 hours ago

Emmajade Harmer Ian, a 7 day ticket for an adult is not 30.90 unless you are travelling through lots of zones. Now do one
and stop writing on young girl status'.
Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Ian Hignett The seven day ticket that I refer to is the equivalent of the Get-around ticket as the get-around covers all zones anyway. You have to compare like for like.
Like · 2 hours ago

Ian Hignett If you don't want others replying
then don't post on an open forum, use other methods of communication.
Like · 2 hours ago

Emmajade Harmer does the post say Emmajade Harmer > Ian Hignett?
Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Emmajade Harmer no.
Like · 2 hours ago

Emmajade Harmer it was to go north east. Like · 2 hours ago

Ian Hignett On an open forum, if you only want GNE to see it then inbox them, email them or phone etc.
Like · 1 hour ago

Emmajade Harmer i already did and they dont respond. so clever me wrote to them where i know theyre online. but i
didnt think anyone was sad enough to watch their wall and talk to all the bus go-ers. Like · 1 hour ago

Ian Hignett Everything I've stated is fact and can be found on the GNE website. but you apparently want a different answer to suit you.
Like · 1 hour ago

Emmajade Harmer christ im bored now.
Like · 1 hour ago
Edited 12 Sep 2013, 11:13 am by Andreos1.
Andreos1
12 Sep 2013, 10:59 am #303

(12 Sep 2013, 8:59 am)AdamY I'm pretty sure the justification/excuses offered will be that passengers are too lazy to seek out the information for themselves, or that some of the points raised (e.g. pushchairs not being folded; traffic problems etc.) are issues caused by individual/societal ignorance or are beyond the control of the company.

At this stage, society (pushchairs, buses being late or breaking down) isn't the issue.

Those two people are giving up their own time, to help and advise passengers. That would be great, if it stopped there.
However, the way they go about it and the seemingly laissez faire attitude of a multi-million pound organisation, toward their social media prescence is totally wrong.

As I said last night, I am not defending nor condoning the 'characters' for their posts - because as far as I have seen, they have not shown the patronising nature, (sometimes aggressive naturee or sense of deluded importance as displayed by messers Hignett and Clifford.

A perfect opportunity to help the lass out, has resulted in an argument, he seemingly won't leave or forget about. GNE are aware of the discussion, but have not done a thing about it.
Result? One (deliberately?) antagonised customer, with a less than positive impression of the company.

Emmajade Harmer > Go North East How much is a month pass with an over 18 key card. surely its not £58 for a student with no money?

Ian Hignett Considering the equivalent adult ticket is £100, it represents good value.
Like · 2 hours ago

Emmajade Harmer Considering 4 lots of 7 day tickets is £60 you dont save anything.
Like · 3 · 2 hours ago

Ian Hignett The equivalent adult 7 day ticket would be £30.90 (£123.60 for 4). You seem to be missing the point that get-around tickets for under 18s and students
Like · 2 hours ago

Go North East Emmajade, there's also the option of key lifestyle which is £53 per month. www.simplygo.com/ getaround-keylifestyle
Like · 1 · 2 hours ago

Emmajade Harmer Ian, a 7 day ticket for an adult is not 30.90 unless you are travelling through lots of zones. Now do one
Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Ian Hignett The seven day ticket that I refer to is the equivalent of the Get-around ticket as the get-around covers all zones anyway. You have to compare like for like.
Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Emmajade Harmer no.
Like · 2 hours ago

Ian Hignett On an open forum, if you only want GNE to see it then inbox them, email them or phone etc.
Like · 1 hour ago

Emmajade Harmer i already did and they dont respond. so clever me wrote to them where i know theyre online. but i
didnt think anyone was sad enough to watch their wall and talk to all the bus go-ers. Like · 1 hour ago

Ian Hignett Everything I've stated is fact and can be found on the GNE website. but you apparently want a different answer to suit you.
Like · 1 hour ago

Like · 1 hour ago

MurdnunoC

12 Sep 2013, 12:02 pm #304
(12 Sep 2013, 10:59 am)Andreos1 At this stage, society (pushchairs, buses being late or breaking down) isn't the issue.

And I agree with you. Their patronising and condescending attitude towards certain queries stinks. I am merely speculating on the answers they might give if either ever felt the need to justify/excuse the behavior they exhibit. I also agree that it is totally wrong for GNE to allow their social media image to be abused in this way, however it is evident that they don't particularly care about this issue despite people bringing it to their attention.

My point is that I think we've all wasted too many words and too much time discussing Hignett and Clifford. It's pretty obvious that nothing's going to change anytime soon. If people still have a problem and wish to criticise or attack them, then please use GNE's Facebook page to do so. We don't need their names clogging up even more space on the internet. Ignore them!
MurdnunoC
12 Sep 2013, 12:02 pm #304

(12 Sep 2013, 10:59 am)Andreos1 At this stage, society (pushchairs, buses being late or breaking down) isn't the issue.

And I agree with you. Their patronising and condescending attitude towards certain queries stinks. I am merely speculating on the answers they might give if either ever felt the need to justify/excuse the behavior they exhibit. I also agree that it is totally wrong for GNE to allow their social media image to be abused in this way, however it is evident that they don't particularly care about this issue despite people bringing it to their attention.

My point is that I think we've all wasted too many words and too much time discussing Hignett and Clifford. It's pretty obvious that nothing's going to change anytime soon. If people still have a problem and wish to criticise or attack them, then please use GNE's Facebook page to do so. We don't need their names clogging up even more space on the internet. Ignore them!

CatsFast101

Unregistered

12 Sep 2013, 12:07 pm #305

Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 3 · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 1 · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Emmajade Harmer no.
Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 1 hour ago

Like · 1 hour ago

Like · 1 hour ago

Ian Higgnet is a know it all who should be banned from the Go North East wall and Facebook tall together!
CatsFast101
12 Sep 2013, 12:07 pm #305

Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 3 · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 1 · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 2 · 2 hours ago

Emmajade Harmer no.
Like · 2 hours ago

Like · 1 hour ago

Like · 1 hour ago

Like · 1 hour ago

Ian Higgnet is a know it all who should be banned from the Go North East wall and Facebook tall together!

gtom

Banned

12 Sep 2013, 6:08 pm #306
Ian Hignett is the DAF of the Facebook world
gtom
12 Sep 2013, 6:08 pm #306

Ian Hignett is the DAF of the Facebook world

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Sep 2013, 6:11 pm #307
(12 Sep 2013, 6:08 pm)gtomlinson Ian Hignett is the DAF of the Facebook world

Harsh words! Tongue
I'd consider him more of an SPD though - doesn't really have that warm feel like the DAFs do... You still feel rather uncomfortable when around him, but it's not good enough.
Dan
12 Sep 2013, 6:11 pm #307

(12 Sep 2013, 6:08 pm)gtomlinson Ian Hignett is the DAF of the Facebook world

Harsh words! Tongue
I'd consider him more of an SPD though - doesn't really have that warm feel like the DAFs do... You still feel rather uncomfortable when around him, but it's not good enough.

gtom

Banned

12 Sep 2013, 6:15 pm #308
(12 Sep 2013, 6:11 pm)Daniel Harsh words! Tongue

He's full of hot air and hangs around a lot lot longer than anyone wants. He's definitely a DAF
gtom
12 Sep 2013, 6:15 pm #308

(12 Sep 2013, 6:11 pm)Daniel Harsh words! Tongue

He's full of hot air and hangs around a lot lot longer than anyone wants. He's definitely a DAF

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Sep 2013, 6:26 pm #309
(12 Sep 2013, 6:15 pm)gtomlinson He's full of hot air and hangs around a lot lot longer than anyone wants. He's definitely a DAF

Aren't the DAFs being scrapped at the end of next month?
Hot off the press... gtomlinson reveals plans to murder Hignett!
Dan
12 Sep 2013, 6:26 pm #309

(12 Sep 2013, 6:15 pm)gtomlinson He's full of hot air and hangs around a lot lot longer than anyone wants. He's definitely a DAF

Aren't the DAFs being scrapped at the end of next month?

gtom

Banned

12 Sep 2013, 6:37 pm #310
(12 Sep 2013, 6:26 pm)Daniel Aren't the DAFs being scrapped at the end of next month?

Ssssh I'm preparing!

[Image: acme-catalog-advertisement-5-560x727.jpg]
gtom
12 Sep 2013, 6:37 pm #310

(12 Sep 2013, 6:26 pm)Daniel Aren't the DAFs being scrapped at the end of next month?

Ssssh I'm preparing!

[Image: acme-catalog-advertisement-5-560x727.jpg]

MurdnunoC

12 Sep 2013, 6:42 pm #311
You do realise that I'm collating all of this evidence just in case he does end up swimming with the fishes.

The cash reward will come in handy!Tongue
MurdnunoC
12 Sep 2013, 6:42 pm #311

You do realise that I'm collating all of this evidence just in case he does end up swimming with the fishes.

gtom

Banned

12 Sep 2013, 6:45 pm #312
(12 Sep 2013, 6:42 pm)AdamY You do realise that I'm collating all of this evidence just in case he does end up swimming with the fishes.

Ian Hignett won't swim with the fishes. He'll simply teach them how to swim more efficiently
gtom
12 Sep 2013, 6:45 pm #312

(12 Sep 2013, 6:42 pm)AdamY You do realise that I'm collating all of this evidence just in case he does end up swimming with the fishes.

Ian Hignett won't swim with the fishes. He'll simply teach them how to swim more efficiently

Andreos1

12 Sep 2013, 7:14 pm #313

Hignett certainly doesn't need the money.
www.yourlifemoments.ca/images/moments/2012/9/TS1956386_20120909.jpg
Edited 12 Sep 2013, 7:19 pm by Andreos1.
Andreos1
12 Sep 2013, 7:14 pm #313

Hignett certainly doesn't need the money.
www.yourlifemoments.ca/images/moments/2012/9/TS1956386_20120909.jpg

Andreos1

13 Sep 2013, 2:11 pm #314
Gavin Ruddick > Go North East 5 hours ago · Thank you 4 telling me the bus had broke down.
Just heard from customer services to say the bus never left the depot because it failed 1st inspection.
The service was withdrawn as the bus operator has no reserve buses. NOT GOOD, doesn't fill you full of confidence in Go North East in the slightest!!!

Go North East Apologies for the inconvenience caused, Gavin.
Like · 5 hours ago

Ian Hignett How much do you think fares would have to rise if they spent millions on spare buses to stand around
in depots?
Like · 3 hours ago
Andreos1
13 Sep 2013, 2:11 pm #314

Gavin Ruddick > Go North East 5 hours ago · Thank you 4 telling me the bus had broke down.
Just heard from customer services to say the bus never left the depot because it failed 1st inspection.
The service was withdrawn as the bus operator has no reserve buses. NOT GOOD, doesn't fill you full of confidence in Go North East in the slightest!!!

Like · 5 hours ago

Ian Hignett How much do you think fares would have to rise if they spent millions on spare buses to stand around
in depots?
Like · 3 hours ago

Michael

13 Sep 2013, 2:14 pm #315
I want to go on their Facebook page and tell him to do one, he nark's the life out of me when he posts.

GNE need to ban him,hes a know it all but yet the other day he got something wrong... hahahahahahahahaha what a noob

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Sep 2013, 2:14 pm #315

I want to go on their Facebook page and tell him to do one, he nark's the life out of me when he posts.

GNE need to ban him,hes a know it all but yet the other day he got something wrong... hahahahahahahahaha what a noob

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

13 Sep 2013, 2:21 pm #316
(13 Sep 2013, 2:14 pm)Michael I want to go on their Facebook page and tell him to do one, he nark's the life out of me when he posts.

Did he? Hope one of the 'characters' spotted it and gave him plenty stick!
Andreos1
13 Sep 2013, 2:21 pm #316

(13 Sep 2013, 2:14 pm)Michael I want to go on their Facebook page and tell him to do one, he nark's the life out of me when he posts.

Did he? Hope one of the 'characters' spotted it and gave him plenty stick!

gtom

Banned

13 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm #317
GNE Facebook page Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
gtom
13 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm #317

GNE Facebook page Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Adrian

13 Sep 2013, 5:00 pm #318
(13 Sep 2013, 2:11 pm)Andreos1 Gavin Ruddick > Go North East 5 hours ago · Thank you 4 telling me the bus had broke down.

Like · 5 hours ago

in depots?
Like · 3 hours ago

The guy is a complete and utter bellend, and that page is a complete shambles. If anyone from GNE management is reading, could this please record my opinion of him and the way you run your social media. Thanks. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
13 Sep 2013, 5:00 pm #318

(13 Sep 2013, 2:11 pm)Andreos1 Gavin Ruddick > Go North East 5 hours ago · Thank you 4 telling me the bus had broke down.

Like · 5 hours ago

in depots?
Like · 3 hours ago

The guy is a complete and utter bellend, and that page is a complete shambles. If anyone from GNE management is reading, could this please record my opinion of him and the way you run your social media. Thanks. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Sep 2013, 5:02 pm #319
(13 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm)gtomlinson GNE Facebook page Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Oh my god... :L!

Clifton Hignett IV
Can I please apologise on behalf of my brother Ian Hignett. You see, Ian was dropped as a child. Many, many, many times. There are football's which have been dropped less.

So when you ask Go North East a question and Ian answers in a snarky manner or is perhaps simply rude. Please remember he was dropped on his head a lot and it's affected him.

He currently seems to think he's the Head of Customer Service for Go North East and the oracle of all bus knowledge. He's not really, he just takes photos of buses and occasionally masturbates over timetables. So when you attack Go North East or forget rule 1.A (condition 6) he gets really annoyed.

You see to Ian, attacking Go North East, is like me calling your girlfriend or your wife fat or your husband thick. He gets offended

I'm sorry
> Source.
Dan
13 Sep 2013, 5:02 pm #319

(13 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm)gtomlinson GNE Facebook page Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Oh my god... :L!

Clifton Hignett IV
Can I please apologise on behalf of my brother Ian Hignett. You see, Ian was dropped as a child. Many, many, many times. There are football's which have been dropped less.

So when you ask Go North East a question and Ian answers in a snarky manner or is perhaps simply rude. Please remember he was dropped on his head a lot and it's affected him.

He currently seems to think he's the Head of Customer Service for Go North East and the oracle of all bus knowledge. He's not really, he just takes photos of buses and occasionally masturbates over timetables. So when you attack Go North East or forget rule 1.A (condition 6) he gets really annoyed.

You see to Ian, attacking Go North East, is like me calling your girlfriend or your wife fat or your husband thick. He gets offended

I'm sorry
> Source.

Michael

13 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm #320
Lmfao

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm #320

Lmfao

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (219) Previous 115 16 17219 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average