Menu

Pages (136)    198 99 100136   
Rapidsnap   25 Sep 2015, 1:15 pm
Quite pleased how my photo of 651 on the 682 came out.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
MrFozz   26 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm
Went to the MacMillan Coffee Morning at Murton Top Club yesterday and won some sweets

[Image: f3308843749dde2037a026aa761e62c5.jpg]
Davie   26 Sep 2015, 5:13 pm
Newcastle's just scored vs Chelsea
Jackamcardle   26 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 5:13 pm)Davie wrote Newcastle's just scored vs Chelsea

*cries*
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   26 Sep 2015, 5:48 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 5:13 pm)Davie wrote Newcastle's just scored vs Chelsea
Now 2-0 Wink
Tom   26 Sep 2015, 6:21 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 5:48 pm)Davie wrote Now 2-0 Wink

Too good to be true...
omnicity4659   26 Sep 2015, 6:29 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 5:48 pm)Davie wrote Now 2-0 Wink

I was having live commentary from the people in the queue for the X21. So I know well that Newcastle are winning.  Big Grin
S813 FVK   26 Sep 2015, 6:38 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 6:29 pm)GX03 SVC wrote I was having live commentary from the people in the queue for the X21. So I know well that Newcastle are winning.  Big Grin

Well, were. 2-2 at 90 minutes. Don't know if anymore goals were scored in added time.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   26 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 6:21 pm)Tom wrote Too good to be true...
It's typical Newcastle, get your hopes up just to let us down
Jackamcardle   26 Sep 2015, 8:52 pm
Starting my new volunteering job at Tanfield Railway tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it! I went to have a look around last week and the staff and all other volunteers were very nice and friendly.
BusLoverMum   26 Sep 2015, 9:01 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 8:52 pm)Jackamcardle wrote Starting my new volunteering job at Tanfield Railway tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it! I went to have a look around last week and the staff and all other volunteers were very nice and friendly.

That should be fab! We took the boys for a ride on it on a bitter cold, damp day in early May and they absolutely loved it. The volunteers were all absolutely filthy and appeared to be having a wonderful time.

My elderly ex bus driver friend used to volunteer on it and got some of the really dirty jobs.
Jackamcardle   26 Sep 2015, 9:09 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 9:01 pm)BusLoverMum wrote That should be fab! We took the boys for a ride on it on a bitter cold, damp day in early May and they absolutely loved it. The volunteers were all absolutely filthy and appeared to be having a wonderful time.

My elderly ex bus driver friend used to volunteer on it and got some of the really dirty jobs.

Thanks! And like your family, I too thought the ride was fantastic and full of scenery. There were two sides to the job - the commercial side and the engineering side. The commercial side is all about the selling point of view and the engineering side is the dirty type. I'm much more for the commercial type but there are many staff that really seemed to enjoy getting their hands dirty.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   26 Sep 2015, 9:34 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 9:09 pm)Jackamcardle wrote Thanks! And like your family, I too thought the ride was fantastic and full of scenery. There were two sides to the job - the commercial side and the engineering side. The commercial side is all about the selling point of view and the engineering side is the dirty type. I'm much more for the commercial type but there are many staff that really seemed to enjoy getting their hands dirty.

I was entirely unsure what to expect because I'd done a trip on the North York Moors railway with littl'un with school and was bored stiff. We didn't get a steam engine and is was basically no different to the Leeds-Skipton run I did several times a year through the 90s, right down to the age and style of the rolling stock.

But my thought about the Tanfield Railway was "this is proper, like!" (and I'm not even a Geordie!) I think the fog made it even better because the carriages filled with the smoke and steam and there were long moments when we couldn't see a thing for it.

If I do it again, I'm taking a cushion to sit on, mind!
Davie   26 Sep 2015, 10:34 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 8:52 pm)Jackamcardle wrote Starting my new volunteering job at Tanfield Railway tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it! I went to have a look around last week and the staff and all other volunteers were very nice and friendly.

Good luck Jack!
Jackamcardle   26 Sep 2015, 10:49 pm
(26 Sep 2015, 10:34 pm)Davie wrote Good luck Jack!

Thanks Davie!

(26 Sep 2015, 9:34 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I was entirely unsure what to expect because I'd done a trip on the North York Moors railway with littl'un with school and was bored stiff. We didn't get a steam engine and is was basically no different to the Leeds-Skipton run I did several times a year through the 90s, right down to the age and style of the rolling stock.

But my thought about the Tanfield Railway was "this is proper, like!" (and I'm not even a Geordie!) I think the fog made it even better because the carriages filled with the smoke and steam and there were long moments when we couldn't see a thing for it.

If I do it again, I'm taking a cushion to sit on, mind!

I'll certainly be there to greet you, and your children! Big Grin
LeeCalder   27 Sep 2015, 8:49 am

I hope you really enjoy it Jack.

A good friend of mine, Anthony, volunteers at Stephenson's Railway, and he said it is the best decision he has ever made.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   27 Sep 2015, 9:44 am

Good luck; hope you enjoy your role and the enrichment volunteering brings to many people. 

How are you getting there? Living in my neck of the woods, I imagine travelling by public transport won't be easy, especially on Sundays.
NK53 TKT   27 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm

Has it gone well?

I like GX03 SVCs new profile picture just wish I was home for it
Rapidsnap   27 Sep 2015, 6:16 pm
Enjoyed the MLP:EG film that I watched last night on a live stream from the USA.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Michael   30 Sep 2015, 12:58 pm
My college timetable:

Tuesday - 9:30-12:30 - once a Monday during the month, i have to stay back for tutorial - this runs from 1:30pm-3:30pm (we have to book a time etc)
Thursday - 9:30-12:30 - 1:30-4:30

So not all bad.... including a placement + later block placements will take over some days i'm at uni.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   30 Sep 2015, 3:50 pm
Yesterday managed to get a nice meal although I paid £5 ended up getting a £5 back due to a til error am not complaining I was gonna give her £4 just in case but oh well a nice kebab or pizza tomorrow with a Coca Cola (mmmm Coca Cola) this has only happened to me once ever about £5 you get lucky sometimes
Kuyoyo   30 Sep 2015, 5:53 pm
Had a very enjoyable birthday (eventually...)
Davie   30 Sep 2015, 6:00 pm
(30 Sep 2015, 5:53 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Had a very enjoyable birthday (eventually...)
Bit late now, but happy birthday [emoji1]
tyresmoke   30 Sep 2015, 6:18 pm
Well I got a nice trip out today... Been to Thorntons!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jackamcardle   30 Sep 2015, 7:51 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 9:44 am)MurdnunoC wrote Good luck; hope you enjoy your role and the enrichment volunteering brings to many people. 

How are you getting there? Living in my neck of the woods, I imagine travelling by public transport won't be easy, especially on Sundays.

Sorry about the long reply - I get a lift up there, but i may get the X30 when it starts to run on Sunday's Big Grin
Jackamcardle   30 Sep 2015, 7:54 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Has it gone well?

I like GX03 SVCs new profile picture just wish I was home for it

Went really well thanks, I was on one of the carriages nearly all day just talking to the passengers, and the amount of complements that everyone says about the uniform and everything is fantastic! We've just this week started setting up for Christmas which is also a nice thing to look forward too as it is one of the best time of the year for the financial side of the railway - I can imagine.
Jackamcardle   30 Sep 2015, 7:56 pm
(27 Sep 2015, 8:49 am)LeeCalder wrote I hope you really enjoy it Jack.

A good friend of mine, Anthony, volunteers at Stephenson's Railway, and he said it is the best decision he has ever made.

As they say - your have your family, and then your railway family!
Kuyoyo   03 Oct 2015, 9:30 pm
Well, was worth missing the Rugby (thank god!) and having frozen fingers - possibly the only photo of a Sapphire 6 E400 on the X12 (only 9 days before the working becomes a normal MAX Gemini)

.jpg
image.jpg (Size 115.97 KB Downloads 32)
Attached Files
.jpg
ANE-7520.JPG (Size 598.9 KB Downloads 9)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   03 Oct 2015, 9:53 pm
(03 Oct 2015, 9:30 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Well, was worth missing the Rugby (thank god!) and having frozen fingers - possibly the only photo of a Sapphire 6 E400 on the X12 (only 9 days before the working becomes a normal MAX Gemini)

I'm loving the photo of a picture on your camera screen Wink
Kuyoyo   04 Oct 2015, 12:21 pm
(03 Oct 2015, 9:53 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I'm loving the photo of a picture on your camera screen Wink

Only way I can put photos off my camera at present - hopefully it won't be too much longer until I can get my laptop sorted (or in terms - find out if I've lost 6 weeks worth of unedited photos or whether I can recover them)
Pages (136)    198 99 100136