Menu

Pages (33)    123 24 2533   
S813 FVK   23 Feb 2016, 6:13 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 5:57 pm)Michael wrote Here is Dan's post when someone else asked earlier......

That post you quoted doesn't actually answer the question directly though....
Michael   23 Feb 2016, 6:14 pm
I'll have to have a ride on the X1 next week to try them out.... are they still including the BuzzFare ticketing zones on the announcements? so when the boundary starts and ends?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   23 Feb 2016, 6:15 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 6:13 pm)S813 FVK wrote That post you quoted doesn't actually answer the question directly though....

Even if it didn't, it could of saved questions getting answered again.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Davie   23 Feb 2016, 6:20 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 4:42 pm)Diamond One wrote 6027 has the most expensive Dyson Hoover when I see it roars like mad reminds me of that time in 2009 when I was going home on 27A I remember going home on either 4921/4922/4923 when I returned home about to turn Key into the lock all I could hear down the road was a loud roar then when 515/530 bus was operated by Veolia I could hear a roar from the Solo going round the U-Bend even from my bed room window
Have you heard 3964 or 6042? They're much worse than 6027!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   23 Feb 2016, 6:20 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 5:59 pm)randomdude wrote Aah, so we're going London style, haha.

Always preferred the regional accents for Next Stop Announcements myself, but Emma's voice is quite nice.

It's so much easier to maintain by having one single voice for everything, building up a library of audio files for stops around the region.

(23 Feb 2016, 6:14 pm)Michael wrote I'll have to have a ride on the X1 next week to try them out.... are they still including the BuzzFare ticketing zones on the announcements? so when it starts and ends?

Yes, the 'line plan' style remains exactly the same. Some of the stop names have been changed slightly and the voice is different, but other than that, everything remains the same.

UK Charity for the blind and partially sighted, Guide Dogs, have also requested that we periodically state the route number and destination of the bus too, which will reassure blind and partially sighted passengers that they are on the correct bus. "This is the Red Arrows X1 service to Newcastle" and similar will periodically precede the actual next stop announcement.

We're also going to try out new "approaching" messages on express services, such as the Castles Express X21. This will give passengers enough time to gather their belongings before reaching the stop and alighting.
Andreos1   23 Feb 2016, 6:23 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 5:57 pm)citaro5284 wrote Yes, all the audio has been re-recorded by

http://www.emmahignett.com/

Dunno about you, but I prefer 'earthy sexiness’  over the current announcers.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan   23 Feb 2016, 6:25 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 6:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote Dunno about you, but I prefer 'earthy sexiness’  over the current announcers.

You'll be pleased to hear that 'Vigo Lane' is pronounced correctly on the X1A service.
Michael   23 Feb 2016, 6:26 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 6:20 pm)Dan wrote Always preferred the regional accents for Next Stop Announcements myself, but Emma's voice is quite nice.

It's so much easier to maintain by having one single voice for everything, building up a library of audio files for stops around the region.

Yes, the 'line plan' style remains exactly the same. Some of the stop names have been changed slightly and the voice is different, but other than that, everything remains the same.

UK Charity for the blind and partially sighted, Guide Dogs, have also requested that we periodically state the route number and destination of the bus too, which will reassure blind and partially sighted passengers that they are on the correct bus. "This is the Red Arrows X1 service to Newcastle" and similar will periodically precede the actual next stop announcement.

We're also going to try out new "approaching" messages on express services, such as the Castles Express X21. This will give passengers enough time to gather their belongings before reaching the stop and alighting.

Thanks Dan, i'm glad the plans haven't changed for them, it should be good once all the other services get the update, hopefully the approaching messages will work, that would be a good feature.

Its about time Stagecoach got stop announcements!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   23 Feb 2016, 6:28 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 6:07 pm)idiot wrote Not exactly unknown but two drivers when changing over on the 60 earlier were moaning about the Streetlites. Yes us enthuaists know this but surely the general public shouldn't be hearing this conversstion? Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course!

When me and Davie were waiting for the drivers to change on 3859 on the Q3, the driver coming on went 'oh god not this piece of shit!' Then couldn't get into reverse which was very amusing watching his facial expressions.
Dan   23 Feb 2016, 6:31 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 6:28 pm)DanPicken wrote When me and Davie were waiting for the drivers to change on 3859 on the Q3, the driver coming on went 'oh god not this piece of shit!' Then couldn't get into reverse which was very amusing watching his facial expressions.

If 3859 is anything like other Tridents, it will have a 'reverse interlock' (think that's the term Scott taught me the other day), which means that the driver has to select the reverse gear and then press another button, to actually get it into gear.

As Riverside don't have any Tridents, the driver probably wasn't aware of this.
DanPicken   23 Feb 2016, 6:34 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 6:31 pm)Dan wrote If 3859 is anything like other Tridents, it will have a 'reverse interlock' (think that's the term Scott taught me the other day), which means that the driver has to select the reverse gear and then press another button, to actually get it into gear.

As Riverside don't have any Tridents, the driver probably wasn't aware of this.

That's it, our new driver couldn't do it.
L469 YVK   23 Feb 2016, 7:43 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 5:59 pm)randomdude wrote Aah, so we're going London style, haha.

Better than that fishwive who does the announcements for Arriva Sapphire!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   23 Feb 2016, 8:23 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 6:07 pm)idiot wrote Not exactly unknown but two drivers when changing over on the 60 earlier were moaning about the Streetlites. Yes us enthuaists know this but surely the general public shouldn't be hearing this conversstion? Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course!

I guess you've answered your own question in a way. They're as entitled as the next person to an opinion, but I'd perhaps personally refrain from giving it in front of customers. I don't think it portrays a good image of the company.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
BusLoverMum   23 Feb 2016, 8:24 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 5:57 pm)citaro5284 wrote Yes, all the audio has been re-recorded by

http://www.emmahignett.com/

"A resonant, robust voice – your script delivered with confidence, intelligence and an ‘earthy sexiness’."

Oh. Em. Gee!
BusLoverMum   23 Feb 2016, 8:27 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 7:43 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Better than that fishwive who does the announcements for Arriva Sapphire!

Your next stop iiiisss....

Sea Ham.
L469 YVK   23 Feb 2016, 8:42 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 8:23 pm)Adrian wrote I guess you've answered your own question in a way. They're as entitled as the next person to an opinion, but I'd perhaps personally refrain from giving it in front of customers. I don't think it portrays a good image of the company.

I remember a driver on a 300/305 board once heading up Norham Road to Newcastle when stopped at West Chirton Industrial Estate (stop after Darras Drive) in a Dennis Wright Pathfinder 320 which was off route on it's usual 325/326 at the time. An SPD was heading in the opposite direction towards Shields and the driver driving the Pathfinder shouted out of the window to the SPD driver stopped going the opposite direction saying "do you want to swap with this piece of s***e?"
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ryan99   23 Feb 2016, 9:15 pm
One of my favourite drivers from depford said " the engines in the streetlites are s***" but in all honesty I love the coast & country ones
Ambassador   23 Feb 2016, 9:32 pm
I hope it's a little more local than Metro's South Gorse-fooorth

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
G-CPTN   23 Feb 2016, 10:08 pm
What length(s) are the GNE Streetlites?
Michael   23 Feb 2016, 10:25 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 10:08 pm)G-CPTN wrote What length(s) are the GNE Streetlites?

11.5m but i think the Saltwell park streetlites are a little smaller

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
G-CPTN   23 Feb 2016, 10:35 pm
(23 Feb 2016, 10:25 pm)Michael wrote 11.5m but i think the Saltwell park streetlites are a little smaller

Thx
Rapidsnap   23 Feb 2016, 10:39 pm
Saltwell parks are around the 10.8m mark I think

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
G-CPTN   23 Feb 2016, 10:59 pm
According to the Wright datasheets, the 11.5metre Streetlite has the option of a 185PS or a 207PS engine (both 4 cylinder Cummins iSBe), whereas the 10.8 metre also has the option of 225PS or 250PS six cylinder engines.
Huh
ne14ne1   23 Feb 2016, 11:28 pm
Re new NSAs by Emma Hignett

Thats brilliant news! Can't wait to hear nice clear professional audio that will be understandable to everyone, and not just those from Tyne & Wear,  ;-)

Right, now that our buses will sound like London's iBus, we just need to get Nexus to change the Metro announcements to whoever does LU's new Victoria Line trains - then I'll be very happy  Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rapidsnap   24 Feb 2016, 12:55 am
(23 Feb 2016, 11:28 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Re new NSAs by Emma Hignett

Thats brilliant news! Can't wait to hear nice clear professional audio that will be understandable to everyone, and not just those from Tyne & Wear,  ;-)

Right, now that our buses will sound like London's iBus, we just need to get Nexus to change the Metro announcements to whoever does LU's new Victoria Line trains - then I'll be very happy  Big Grin

Never known the Victoria line to apologise a lot for delays

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
ne14ne1   24 Feb 2016, 8:12 am
(24 Feb 2016, 12:55 am)GMitchelhill wrote Never known the Victoria line to apologise a lot for delays

Thats true.
Andreos1   24 Feb 2016, 10:54 am
(23 Feb 2016, 8:23 pm)Adrian wrote I guess you've answered your own question in a way. They're as entitled as the next person to an opinion, but I'd perhaps personally refrain from giving it in front of customers. I don't think it portrays a good image of the company.

I remember a driver years ago complaining about the Delta he had picked up on a 26, at changeover time at Gateshead.
It wouldn't have been long after they were new.

The driver he was replacing couldn't understand why he didn't like that particular bus.

That was the first time and last for a long time.
Regularly hear them chatting about the purple Solars at Park Lane.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Davie   24 Feb 2016, 1:04 pm
5271 has failed in Wrekenton.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Si1989   24 Feb 2016, 3:22 pm
(24 Feb 2016, 1:04 pm)Davie wrote 5271 has failed in Wrekenton.

(24 Feb 2016, 1:04 pm)Davie wrote 5271 has failed in Wrekenton.

White solo Sr at saltmeadows road
Ambassador   24 Feb 2016, 4:55 pm
3695 is squealing like a banshee everytime it pulls away

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Pages (33)    123 24 2533