Menu

Pages (37)    115 16 1737   
Michael   13 Mar 2016, 6:44 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:37 pm)cbma06 wrote Or better used for service X35

Only problem with the X35 getting them, with the PVR as 7, two more would have be to sourced from another route or else where and with only 3 spare Citaro's in the fleet, 1 at Riverside and 2 at Stanley, i doubt this will happen however another way this could be done, is if one of the current Citaro routes get new buses.

Not saying its a bad idea but i'm just looking at whats available atm.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
NK53 TKT   13 Mar 2016, 6:47 pm
(12 Mar 2016, 11:01 pm)Ambassador wrote How's everyone finding the X21 after its first week? Used it a lot this week through commuting to Durham offices  

Really enjoying the experience. Very comfortable, good legroom, not overly intrusive NSA (Hello Steve and Karen) It's certainly a very positive commute. I even altered my work hours to catch the streetdecks!

My only disappointment is the unnecessary low fell diversion. Surely the 1,21,29  and X12 already provide plenty of frequency.

Additionally, as noted by others in the outings thread. It's made me realise how rough and ready the Hybrids have become. Both under the bonnet and interior wise they are showing the signs of a well used bus. Guessing the additional amount of B7s, solars and tridents of late, they must be feeling it

Yes, I did enjoy my trip to Durham yesterday on 6307, the WiFi wasn't working though...
On the subject of Low Fell I agree, because of the roadworks it delayed the bus significantly. They are MUCH better than the B5LH's
biglugs@yahoo.com   13 Mar 2016, 6:47 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:43 pm)Davie wrote I won't mention who; but a little birdy told me the X36 is getting withdrawn, and I've also heard from someone else, who again will remain nameless, a section of the route will be withdrawn.
Of course it could just be a load of c##p.

I have heared the same but wasnt sure what to believe as it was a driver
He said the 99 would be increased to every 30 minutes and x36 withdrawn with him saying a new service introduced between Sunderland and downhill

Best bus ever
Michael   13 Mar 2016, 6:50 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:43 pm)Davie wrote I won't mention who; but a little birdy told me the X36 is getting withdrawn, and I've also heard from someone else, who again will remain nameless, a section of the route will be withdrawn.
Of course it could just be a load of c##p.

like you said, it could be crap but here's a few things i think GNE could do with the route, if changes are planned: 

1. Drop the full route to hourly
2. Drop the Bolton Asda to Newcastle section of the route, so the route would only be Sunderland to Downhill - Hourly.

Not sure on fully withdrawing the route though.

Like you said Davie, it could be a load of crap.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
cbma06   13 Mar 2016, 6:52 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:44 pm)Michael wrote Only problem with the X35 getting them, with the PVR as 7, two more would have be to sourced from another route or else where and with only 3 spare Citaro's in the fleet, 1 at Riverside and 2 at Stanley, i doubt this will happen however another way this could be done, is if one of the current Citaro routes get new buses.

Not saying its a bad idea but i'm just looking at whats available atm.

There could take the spare WTX citario as it's normally on other services at deptford and usually a indigo solo does X7 runs, just have to hunt down 1 more citario lol

NK53 TKT   13 Mar 2016, 6:53 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:50 pm)Michael wrote like you said, it could be crap but here's a few things i think GNE could do with the route, if changes are planned: 

2. Drop the Bolton Asda to Newcastle section of the route, so the route would only be Sunderland to Downhill - Hourly.

I think we need the X3 back. If I get the bus to Sunderland I get the X36.
On another subject, is 557 being debranded and put into the new livery or being withdrawn, or will it be an AD122 spare?
biglugs@yahoo.com   13 Mar 2016, 6:55 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:50 pm)Michael wrote like you said, it could be crap but here's a few things i think GNE could do with the route, if changes are planned: 

The loads on the x36 are amazing it carries decent amounts its only certain runs so id argue that the service is vital for commuters or when the metro is of so the service should be improved but not decreaded

Best bus ever
Michael   13 Mar 2016, 6:57 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:52 pm)cbma06 wrote There could take the spare WTX citario as it's normally on other services at deptford and usually a indigo solo does X7 runs, just have to hunt down 1 more citario lol

They could do that, maybe they could do:

Spare Citaro from WTX/5332 to Deptford,

One of Stanley's moving to Riverside.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   13 Mar 2016, 6:58 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:47 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote I have heared the same but wasnt sure what to believe as it was a driver
He said the 99 would be increased to every 30 minutes and x36 withdrawn with him saying a new service introduced between Sunderland and downhill

It was an enthusiast who told me.
Michael   13 Mar 2016, 7:00 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:55 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote The loads on the x36 are amazing it carries decent amounts its only certain runs so id argue that the service is vital for commuters or when the metro is of so the service should be improved but not decreaded

I haven't seen the route for a while so don't know passenger numbers are like, infact i can't remember the last time i used another GNE other than the 8.

How are the passenger numbers during peak times?, the X36 was decreased between Downhill and Newcastle because the amount of passengers using it wasn't to good, not sure if its only improved because its hourly to Newcastle.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Davie   13 Mar 2016, 7:01 pm

I agree with your second point, I think they'll withdraw the Newcastle - Boldon section and have it run between Sunderland and Downhill.
Michael   13 Mar 2016, 7:06 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:47 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote I have heared the same but wasnt sure what to believe as it was a driver

The 99 every time I've seen it, is always empty, infact i'm surprised its still running hourly or at all, more changes to the service?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
biglugs@yahoo.com   13 Mar 2016, 7:12 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:06 pm)Michael wrote The 99 every time I've seen it, is always empty, infact i'm surprised its still running hourly or at all, more changes to the service?

People do use the service a neighbour uses it to get to Morrisons at seaburn but if you suggest go north east want to withdraw it nexus may tender it

Best bus ever
Michael   13 Mar 2016, 7:17 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:12 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote People do use the service a neighbour uses it to get to Morrisons at seaburn but if you suggest go north east want to withdraw it nexus may tender it

People must just used the North Sunderland side then, maybe they should put it back to Park Lane and start the route from there however change the City Centre route: 

Park Lane - Fawcett Street - St Marys - Hospital - Pallion - Hylton Retail Park - Castletown - Hylton Castle - Town End Farm - Downhill - Witherwack - Southwick - Fulwell - Seaburn

It might get a few more passengers.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   13 Mar 2016, 7:25 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:43 pm)cbma06 wrote Not for service X36, X36 shouldn't be in fast cats brand , should be renumbered as X56 with a fab56 express brand.

The X36 and 56 serve largely different parts of Sunderland, don't they? And once they leave Sunderland, there's no commonality between the routes whatsoever.
biglugs@yahoo.com   13 Mar 2016, 7:34 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:25 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The X36 and 56 serve largely different parts of Sunderland, don't they? And once they leave Sunderland, there's no commonality between the routes whatsoever.

Yes they only follow each other for 10 minutes then join back at gateshead

Best bus ever
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
South Tyne Lad   13 Mar 2016, 7:40 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:00 pm)Michael wrote I haven't seen the route for a while so don't know passenger numbers are like, infact i can't remember the last time i used another GNE other than the 8.

How are the passenger numbers during peak times?, the X36 was decreased between Downhill and Newcastle because the amount of passengers using it wasn't to good, not sure if its only improved because its hourly to Newcastle.

Passenger numbers on the X36 are pretty dire on every service.
Every time I've seen the service past Bolden there's only 1 or 2 passengers on it.

And now with 3 Stagecoach X34s a hour with newer E400s and Wifi compared to 1 Tatty non Wifi Scania on GNE between Bolden and Newcastle City Centre -
The majority of passengers will prefer the X34 for the features stated above.

Most of the times between Sunderland City Centre and Downhill, The passenger numbers are equal to the 99 which again is pretty dire.

I personally think GNE should ditch the X36 and give the X35 a major revamp.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Jimmi   13 Mar 2016, 7:44 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:40 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Passenger numbers on the X36 are pretty dire on every service.
Every time I've seen the service past Bolden there's only 1 or 2 passengers on it.

And now with 3 Stagecoach X34s a hour with newer E400s and Wifi compared to 1 Tatty non Wifi Scania on GNE between Bolden and Newcastle City Centre -

Most of the times between Sunderland City Centre and Downhill, The passenger numbers are equal to the 99 which again is pretty dire.

Some say it does well, others say it doesn't. My observations are it's pretty quiet really.
cbma06   13 Mar 2016, 7:45 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:25 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The X36 and 56 serve largely different parts of Sunderland, don't they? And once they leave Sunderland, there's no commonality between the routes whatsoever.

The final destinations are the same.

South Tyne Lad   13 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:44 pm)Jimmi wrote Some say it does well, others say it doesn't. My observations are it's pretty quiet really.

I agree with you, Especially since the X34 increased to 3 Buses a hour.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   13 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:45 pm)cbma06 wrote The final destinations are the same.

They're not picking up the same passengers en route, though.
Jimmi   13 Mar 2016, 7:49 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I agree with you, Especially since the X34 increased to 3 Buses a hour.
The journey I got last night was lightly loaded and the next trip to Downhill left Park Lane with no passengers.
DanPicken   13 Mar 2016, 7:50 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:44 pm)Jimmi wrote Some say it does well, others say it doesn't. My observations are it's pretty quiet really.
I saw it full and standing once, fair enough the Metro was off.
Jimmi   13 Mar 2016, 7:53 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:50 pm)DanPicken wrote I saw it full and standing once, fair enough the Metro was off.
That's not a fair representation of the passengers numbers on the service as most days the Metro is running (sort of!).
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
South Tyne Lad   13 Mar 2016, 7:54 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:50 pm)DanPicken wrote I saw it full and standing once, fair enough the Metro was off.

But on a ordinary day it carries mostly fresh air, One off surges in passengers cant justify a service in the long term.

Michael   13 Mar 2016, 7:54 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:40 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Passenger numbers on the X36 are pretty dire on every service.

I personally think GNE should ditch the X36 and give the X35 a major revamp.

I noticed i missed a word out on my last post, it was meant to say... infact i can't remember the last time i used another GNE route other than the 8. 

------------

I think its because Stagecoach have the 4 and 16, you can also include the 13 service to in North Sunderland, all every 10 minutes, the 13 and 16 also offers WIFI and better buses. 

Not sure what else they could do with the X36, unless they do one of the options i said on a previous post, continuing about the branding, i really like the Fast Cats brand, i don't want to them to drop it but i do think the route should have better buses.

Maybe Citaro or Dan could give us some info on the passenger numbers?, if they're allowed of cause...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
cbma06   13 Mar 2016, 7:55 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm)BusLoverMum wrote They're not picking up the same passengers en route, though.

It will be passengers from Sunderland to Gateshead and Newcastle, if passenger with GNE pass at Gateshead going to Sunderland will there jump on service x36 or x56 if there normally travel on service 56 via Washington to get to Sunderland, the x56 will get the normal punters that get x36 and get punters from service 56 if there going destination to destination.

cbma06   13 Mar 2016, 8:07 pm
Some passengers travel on service 99 between silksworth and enterprise park which if service 99 gets withdrawn then passengers can get service 33/33a and service 8, it's been suggested that when morrisons open at trimdon street that morrisons at seaburn will close and earmarked for housing developer with staff transferred to trimdon street, since service 99 gets a lot of passengers from Sunderland north estates to seaburn morrisons then it might spell the end of service 99 unless GNE runs the service from Sunderland to north estates via trimdon street.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   13 Mar 2016, 8:12 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 8:07 pm)cbma06 wrote Some passengers travel on service 99 between silksworth and enterprise park which if service 99 gets withdrawn then passengers can get service 33/33a and service 8, it's been suggested that when morrisons open at trimdon street that morrisons at seaburn will close and earmarked for housing developer with staff transferred to trimdon street, since service 99 gets a lot of passengers from Sunderland north estates to seaburn morrisons then it might spell the end of service 99 unless GNE runs the service from Sunderland to north estates via trimdon street.

Looking at the development maps for Seaburn, Morrisons will remain where it is and everything will be built around it, i'm not sure they would close the Seaburn one as it gets a lot of customers, i think its the only major retailer in the area for food shopping.

Do you know when the one on Trimdon Street will open?

---------------
Looking at the current 99 route and the area's it covers

Silksworth is covered by the 13/33/33A/35A (Evening and Sundays)
Hospital - Many services 
Pallion - Stagecoach 10/11/18/19
Hylton Retail - 8/35/35A/36/73
Castletown - 35/35A/36
Hylton Castle - 3/36
North Sunderland - 4/13/16/35/36
Seaburn - 18/19/E1/E2/E6

Really the routes are quite covered if the 99 goes, the only problem would be Pallion and Seaburn, as no other GNE buses will go there.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
NK53 TKT   13 Mar 2016, 8:19 pm
(13 Mar 2016, 6:55 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote The loads on the x36 are amazing it carries decent amounts its only certain runs so id argue that the service is vital for commuters or when the metro is of so the service should be improved but not decreaded

I agree
Pages (37)    115 16 1737