Menu

Pages (128)    156 57 58128   
Jimmi   25 Mar 2016, 7:30 pm
(25 Mar 2016, 7:28 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Protesting? Wink
Yes, we were protesting about them not letting us in at the scheduled time of 19:00.
MurdnunoC   27 Mar 2016, 9:22 am
Easter Sundays.

Even with an hour removed from the day I am still bored.
Michael   27 Mar 2016, 5:20 pm
Google doesn't have an Easter Doodle.... why? Are they scared it would offend certain people?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
DanPicken   27 Mar 2016, 5:21 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:20 pm)Michael wrote Google doesn't have an Easter Doodle.... why? Are they scared it would offend certain people?

They just want to be politically right bet USA have a doodle.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   27 Mar 2016, 5:25 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:21 pm)DanPicken wrote They just want to be politically right bet USA have a doodle.

They don't. Its a disgrace like, they celebrate every other holiday so why not Easter?, who bloody cares if offends people.

Might as well ban all British traditions cause it'll end up like that soon.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   27 Mar 2016, 5:27 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:25 pm)Michael wrote They don't. Its a disgrace like, they celebrate every other holiday so why not Easter?, who bloody cares if offends people.

Might as well ban all British traditions cause it'll end up like that soon.

Exactly which British traditions have been banned to date?
DanPicken   27 Mar 2016, 5:31 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:27 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Exactly which British traditions have been banned to date?

All Easter Eggs have had Easter removed, St George's day isn't a national holiday but Ireland, Scotland and Wales get ones for their respective Saints.
Michael   27 Mar 2016, 5:33 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:27 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Exactly which British traditions have been banned to date?

Not actual traditions but you can't say:

Merry Christmas
Happy Easter

Along with:

Some schools have banned traditional Christmas plays in case it offends certain religions,
We don't celebrate St Georges day,
Can't have an England flag up 

if we do, people always complain because it offends them...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   27 Mar 2016, 5:35 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:33 pm)Michael wrote Not actual traditions but you can't say:

Merry Christmas
Happy Easter

Along with:

Some schools have banned traditional Christmas plays in case it offends certain religions,

I don't give two f*cks who I offend, it's our country and we can't respect it.
Tom   27 Mar 2016, 5:35 pm
I saw a post on Facebook saying most Easter eggs from major companies were halal. Muslims don't celebrate easter but they make easter eggs halal?
DanPicken   27 Mar 2016, 5:36 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:35 pm)Tom wrote I saw a post on Facebook saying most Easter eggs from major companies were halal. Muslims don't celebrate easter but they make easter eggs halal?

How can you have a halal Easter Egg? That's put me off my Easter Eggs....
MurdnunoC   27 Mar 2016, 5:38 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:31 pm)DanPicken wrote All Easter Eggs have had Easter removed, St George's day isn't a national holiday but Ireland, Scotland and Wales get ones for their respective Saints.

All Easter Eggs have had the world Easter removed you say?

If this was the case, why do the four major supermarkets (you know, places where the majority of the population buy food products from - in case you were not clear on what supermarkets are) still market Easter as Easter and sell chocolate-covered eggs as 'Easter Eggs'??

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/zones/def...ame=easter - Just one example!!

If St George's Day was never a national holiday in the first instance then it is not something which has been removed. 
If you wish to celebrate St George (a man believed to be born in Syria), then that is up to you. Nobody is preventing you from celebrating.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   27 Mar 2016, 5:40 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:38 pm)MurdnunoC wrote All Easter Eggs have had the world Easter removed you say?

If this was the case, why do the four major supermarkets (you know, places where the majority of the population buy food products from - in case you were not clear on what supermarkets are) still market Easter as Easter and sell chocolate-covered eggs as 'Easter Eggs'??

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/zones/def...ame=easter - Just one example!!

If St George's Day was never a national holiday in the first instance then it is not something which has been removed. 
If you wish to celebrate St George (a man believed to be born in Syria), then that is up to you. Nobody is preventing you from celebrating.

BIB#1 I know some Cadbury's have removed.
BIB#2 scrap that not celebrating a Syrian.
MurdnunoC   27 Mar 2016, 5:44 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:33 pm)Michael wrote Not actual traditions but you can't say:

Merry Christmas
Happy Easter

Along with:

Why can't I say Merry Christmas...I must've missed the telegram, email or memo stating that it was banned.

I see many English and Union Jack flags on my travels.

Nobody is preventing you from celebrating St Georges day if you wish.

My ten year old nephew was in a Christmas play only last year. 

I would never wish anyone 'Happy Easter'. Come to think it, I'm pretty sure nobody has said 'Happy Easter' to me either in all my thirty-odd years living on this Earth. I guess my parents (or others) mustn't love me.  Sad

Lots of people offend me on a daily basis. I could complain but what's the point!
Adrian   27 Mar 2016, 5:46 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:40 pm)DanPicken wrote BIB#1 I know some Cadbury's have removed.

RE: Cadbury's... seems they have a whole section of their website dedicated to Easter, so this is a load of rubbish. Sounds like it's been read in the Mail or the S*n. - http://easter.cadbury.co.uk/easter-products

Why wouldn't you celebrate a Syrian? Just the same as you or I, but born in a different country.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
MurdnunoC   27 Mar 2016, 5:47 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:40 pm)DanPicken wrote BIB#1 I know some Cadbury's have removed.

BIB: You're now backpeddling and stating that some products from one manufacturer have had the word 'Easter' removed.

A far-cry from your original claim that all eggs have had the word Easter removed.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   27 Mar 2016, 5:48 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:36 pm)DanPicken wrote How can you have a halal Easter Egg? That's put me off my Easter Eggs....

I'm guessing it's the additives but not sure.

The video is on Facebook but can't post a link from the app. Edit : https://www.facebook.com/BOYCOTTxHALAL/v...170186033/
South Tyne Lad   27 Mar 2016, 5:54 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:46 pm)Adrian wrote RE: Cadbury's... seems they have a whole section of their website dedicated to Easter, so this is a load of rubbish. Sounds like it's been read in the Mail or the S*n. - http://easter.cadbury.co.uk/easter-products

Why wouldn't you celebrate a Syrian? Just the same as you or I, but born in a different country.

Unfortunately all this Shite that's said in the World about Syrians is caused by a certain few, Brainwashed people that seem to use their religion as a way to murder people. ( Murdering is not permitted in the Koran anyways )
Syrians are wonderful people, I know a few because of my Arabian background.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Ambassador   27 Mar 2016, 5:55 pm
Wow 6th Form levels of xenophobic/borderline racism....it's like a Daily Mail convention.

Thank the lord (and Allah and whichever imaginary sky creature you'd like to thank) for Murdo's common sense here

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Michael   27 Mar 2016, 5:58 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:44 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Why can't I say Merry Christmas...I must've missed the telegram, email or memo stating that it was banned.

I see many English and Union Jack flags on my travels.

Nobody is preventing you from celebrating St Georges day if you wish.

My ten year old nephew was in a Christmas play only last year. 

I would never wish anyone 'Happy Easter'. Come to think it, I'm pretty sure nobody has said 'Happy Easter' to me either in all my thirty-odd years living on this Earth. I guess my parents (or others) mustn't love me.  Sad

Lots of people offend me on a daily basis. I could complain but what's the point!

I work in education was told not to say "Merry Christmas", its not just the place i work to, its many schools, it was in case it offends anyone.... 

Was it a traditional play for Christmas?, telling the story etc? - if so, glad the school is doing it... a lot of schools now, don't do that... which is wrong.

Its the 21st century but come on, its the UK, our traditions, we should be allowed to celebrate it without offending people.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   27 Mar 2016, 5:59 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:54 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Unfortunately all this Shite that's said in the World about Syrians is caused by a certain few, Brainwashed people that seem to use their religion as a way to murder people. ( Murdering is not permitted in the Koran anyways )
Syrians are wonderful people, I know a few because of my Arabian background.

Aye, but people forget that there are a handful of wrong'uns in the Catholic church too. Or any other way of life for that matter! The majority of people in the world are decent, peaceful and law abiding human beings, thankfully. Smile

Michael   27 Mar 2016, 6:01 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:55 pm)Ambassador wrote Wow 6th Form levels of xenophobic/borderline racism....it's like a Daily Mail convention.

Thank the lord (and Allah and whichever imaginary sky creature you'd like to thank) for Murdo's common sense here

Once again, because someone has a different opinion on a certain subject, its racist, comparing this to the daily mail, its worse on Facebook. 

This is why people get so bloody annoyed because people can't have their own opinion.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   27 Mar 2016, 6:03 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:58 pm)Michael wrote I work in education was told not to say "Merry Christmas", its not just the place i work to, its many schools, it was in case it offends anyone.... 

Was it a traditional play for Christmas?, telling the story etc? - if so, glad the school is doing it... a lot of schools now, don't do that... which is wrong.

Its the 21st century but come on, its the UK, our traditions, we should be allowed to celebrate it without offending people.

It's certainly not many schools Michael. Without going into my background too much, I can guarantee you that is not the case. 

Nobody is offended that people celebrate Christmas, Easter, Eid, Hanukkah, or any other religious festival. I celebrate the commercial form of Christmas, i.e. trees, presents, etc, rather than the religious form.

Tom   27 Mar 2016, 6:04 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:58 pm)Michael wrote I work in education was told not to say "Merry Christmas", its not just the place i work to, its many schools, it was in case it offends anyone.... 

With regards to teachers not being allowed to say merry christmas to people most of my teachers did to every one but this might not be the case in other schools I don't know
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
South Tyne Lad   27 Mar 2016, 6:04 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:59 pm)Adrian wrote Aye, but people forget that there are a handful of wrong'uns in the Catholic church too. Or any other way of life for that matter! The majority of people in the world are decent, peaceful and law abiding human beings, thankfully. Smile

Exactly, People get the wrong picture on religions for things only a very small minority do, My family have never broken the law and both have jobs and pay their taxes.
Yes I agree most people are decent and peaceful on this planet Smile

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Michael   27 Mar 2016, 6:06 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 5:59 pm)Adrian wrote Aye, but people forget that there are a handful of wrong'uns in the Catholic church too. Or any other way of life for that matter! The majority of people in the world are decent, peaceful and law abiding human beings, thankfully. Smile

It is, i have Muslims in my class, all of them are canny, same as most of them.

Like you said its a majority who's making the religion look bad, every religion has bad ones in it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   27 Mar 2016, 6:06 pm

You may well have been told not to wish anyone a "Merry Christmas" in your working environment. 

But you inferred that nobody anywhere was allowed to wish anyone a "Merry Christmas".

See the difference??
DanPicken   27 Mar 2016, 6:09 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 6:01 pm)Michael wrote Once again, because someone has a different opinion on a certain subject, its racist, comparing this to the daily mail, its worse on Facebook. 

This is why people get so bloody annoyed because people can't have their own opinion.

I know, I never said I hate all of them.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   27 Mar 2016, 6:12 pm
We're atheist. The kids are allergic to chocolate and Cadbury's aint what it used to be, anyhow. None of us would be that bothered if Easter disappeared from the calendar.
Adrian   27 Mar 2016, 6:15 pm
(27 Mar 2016, 6:10 pm)Michael wrote Expect the likes of those who march in London who want the Sharia law in the UK..

It didn't happen. It was once, and it was actually cancelled, presumably due to lack of support.

Pages (128)    156 57 58128