Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events North East Bus & Coach Show 2016

North East Bus & Coach Show 2016

North East Bus & Coach Show 2016

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6 Next
Poll: Are you attending?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
62.96%
Votes 17
No
14.81%
Votes 4
Maybe
22.22%
Votes 6

Total 27 vote(s) 100%
Adrian

01 May 2016, 6:46 pm #81
(01 May 2016, 6:42 pm)BusLoverMum Husband was admiring the streetdeck's rugged, masculine good looks.

We may make an an enthusiast out of him, yet Big Grin

What were the highlights for the kids? Bright orange Strathtay for big'un?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 May 2016, 6:46 pm #81

(01 May 2016, 6:42 pm)BusLoverMum Husband was admiring the streetdeck's rugged, masculine good looks.

We may make an an enthusiast out of him, yet Big Grin

What were the highlights for the kids? Bright orange Strathtay for big'un?

BusLoverMum

01 May 2016, 6:53 pm #82
(01 May 2016, 6:46 pm)Adrian What were the highlights for the kids? Bright orange Strathtay for big'un?

Aye. we missed the run out on that one.

Big'un was rather taken that the Bristol LHS6L was born the same year as me. He also liked the trio of Snaith's coaches of various ages.

Littl'un enjoyed telling us what colour Every Single Bus was. He also observed that many of the vehicles actually had wheels. And that the driver on one of the T&W PTE vehicles was, in fact, a bear. Big Grin
BusLoverMum
01 May 2016, 6:53 pm #82

(01 May 2016, 6:46 pm)Adrian What were the highlights for the kids? Bright orange Strathtay for big'un?

Aye. we missed the run out on that one.

Big'un was rather taken that the Bristol LHS6L was born the same year as me. He also liked the trio of Snaith's coaches of various ages.

Littl'un enjoyed telling us what colour Every Single Bus was. He also observed that many of the vehicles actually had wheels. And that the driver on one of the T&W PTE vehicles was, in fact, a bear. Big Grin

01 May 2016, 7:37 pm #83
(01 May 2016, 6:53 pm)BusLoverMum Aye. we missed the run out on that one.

Littl'un enjoyed telling us what colour Every Single Bus was. He  also observed that many of the vehicles actually had wheels. And that the driver on one of the T&W PTE vehicles was, in fact, a bear. Big Grin
My dad knows a driver at Rothbury Motors and I got a great run around on their tri-axle coach
NK53 TKT
01 May 2016, 7:37 pm #83

(01 May 2016, 6:53 pm)BusLoverMum Aye. we missed the run out on that one.

Littl'un enjoyed telling us what colour Every Single Bus was. He  also observed that many of the vehicles actually had wheels. And that the driver on one of the T&W PTE vehicles was, in fact, a bear. Big Grin
My dad knows a driver at Rothbury Motors and I got a great run around on their tri-axle coach

Malarkey

01 May 2016, 7:46 pm #84
Despite the rain and poor organisation of how Vehicles were parked up, I must say very close together, actually thought I was at Durham Rally for most of the event, and a lack of stalls and further lack of quantity when it came to model buses, I still managed to spend £51 on three GNE Models to add to my collection. Negatives out of the way I quite I enjoyed the 2 Hours I spent at the Rally with plenty of new additions to the preservation scene on display which did not disappoint me one bit.

I got to then MetroCentre at around 10:30am and was greeted by 3469 (AUP 360W) as I came down into the Coach Park, which resulted in many enthusiasts scrambling into position for photos, myself included. I then made my way up the left hand side where A-Line etc were parked up before heading over to the right side where you will find the usual ex Busways Vehicles, before having a look around the stalls, after buying a few models I continued my way up to the top bumping into Mr Fozz on my travels, I also spoke with and old gentleman who told me quite few stories of the Northern Vehicles during his childhood whilst attempting to get a photo of (FJ61 EXO) which I photographed yesterday also.

I then took a trip back to the early 2000s as I photographed what had be my highlight of the day in 4708 & 4855, I boarded 4855 and spoke with the owners of both Vehicles, and praised them for there efforts over the winter months along with thanking them for bringing back some great memories of my childhood, which they appreciated and thanked me for my kind comments.

After that I had look around the Arriva & Go North East Vehicles on show, along with photographing 3656 which also looks fantastic before heading back down the bottom, where I was greeted by the Yorkshire Coastliner and United Leyland Olympian ECWs coming in, which was the other highlight of my day before opting to head back home so I could watch the football, not before catching 4896 on the 46, 5210 on the 10B and a brief chat with Jack McArdle in the Bus Station, to then catch a late running 13:18pm X88 back to Washington.

Overall I thought it was a good rally and I am looking forward to Durham next month.
Malarkey
01 May 2016, 7:46 pm #84

Despite the rain and poor organisation of how Vehicles were parked up, I must say very close together, actually thought I was at Durham Rally for most of the event, and a lack of stalls and further lack of quantity when it came to model buses, I still managed to spend £51 on three GNE Models to add to my collection. Negatives out of the way I quite I enjoyed the 2 Hours I spent at the Rally with plenty of new additions to the preservation scene on display which did not disappoint me one bit.

I got to then MetroCentre at around 10:30am and was greeted by 3469 (AUP 360W) as I came down into the Coach Park, which resulted in many enthusiasts scrambling into position for photos, myself included. I then made my way up the left hand side where A-Line etc were parked up before heading over to the right side where you will find the usual ex Busways Vehicles, before having a look around the stalls, after buying a few models I continued my way up to the top bumping into Mr Fozz on my travels, I also spoke with and old gentleman who told me quite few stories of the Northern Vehicles during his childhood whilst attempting to get a photo of (FJ61 EXO) which I photographed yesterday also.

I then took a trip back to the early 2000s as I photographed what had be my highlight of the day in 4708 & 4855, I boarded 4855 and spoke with the owners of both Vehicles, and praised them for there efforts over the winter months along with thanking them for bringing back some great memories of my childhood, which they appreciated and thanked me for my kind comments.

After that I had look around the Arriva & Go North East Vehicles on show, along with photographing 3656 which also looks fantastic before heading back down the bottom, where I was greeted by the Yorkshire Coastliner and United Leyland Olympian ECWs coming in, which was the other highlight of my day before opting to head back home so I could watch the football, not before catching 4896 on the 46, 5210 on the 10B and a brief chat with Jack McArdle in the Bus Station, to then catch a late running 13:18pm X88 back to Washington.

Overall I thought it was a good rally and I am looking forward to Durham next month.

Jimmi

01 May 2016, 8:01 pm #85
20 photos have now being uploaded to my Flickr from today's event. I've created this album for the event. More photos may be added tomorrow.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...7218803180

More photos will be added at some point I kind of rushed uploading these photos as I'm pretty tired after being on the go for the last three days non-stop with little sleep and I've got to play catch up with my uploads.

Been a good day today, got on a few buses and got to chat to a few people, some I've not seen in a while, sorry if I didn't say hi or anything to any of you, it was nothing personal. Was also pleased to get some of the new Arriva timetables especially for the services I use which change in a fortnights time.
Jimmi
01 May 2016, 8:01 pm #85

20 photos have now being uploaded to my Flickr from today's event. I've created this album for the event. More photos may be added tomorrow.

More photos will be added at some point I kind of rushed uploading these photos as I'm pretty tired after being on the go for the last three days non-stop with little sleep and I've got to play catch up with my uploads.

Been a good day today, got on a few buses and got to chat to a few people, some I've not seen in a while, sorry if I didn't say hi or anything to any of you, it was nothing personal. Was also pleased to get some of the new Arriva timetables especially for the services I use which change in a fortnights time.

Tom

01 May 2016, 8:10 pm #86
(01 May 2016, 8:01 pm)Jimmi 20 photos have now being uploaded to my Flickr from today's event. I've created this album for the event. More photos may be added tomorrow.

Some decent photos there Jimmi. I was so half asleep I missed R855PRG there, which I'm annoyed about, and didn't see the Spirit Buses E200 there. Would have liked to see R855PRG in the flesh as it looks really good on the pics.
Tom
01 May 2016, 8:10 pm #86

(01 May 2016, 8:01 pm)Jimmi 20 photos have now being uploaded to my Flickr from today's event. I've created this album for the event. More photos may be added tomorrow.

Some decent photos there Jimmi. I was so half asleep I missed R855PRG there, which I'm annoyed about, and didn't see the Spirit Buses E200 there. Would have liked to see R855PRG in the flesh as it looks really good on the pics.

01 May 2016, 8:13 pm #87
Although I intended on only going for a couple of hours, then leaving. I ended up staying until the end of the event and riding around on the buses.

I bought a few things from the "potato bus", including an ADL badge, and various Stagecoach branded stuff.
omnicity4659
01 May 2016, 8:13 pm #87

Although I intended on only going for a couple of hours, then leaving. I ended up staying until the end of the event and riding around on the buses.

I bought a few things from the "potato bus", including an ADL badge, and various Stagecoach branded stuff.

01 May 2016, 8:42 pm #88
Was a good day today, Though I didn't get there as early as other forum members did due to me having football at 10 in the morning!

Got there for around 2:30PM and spent most of my time playing around with 7603 which I thank the driver for letting me do, Though if Tommy didn't lock himself in the bloody cab I probably would have had a lot more time in it! Big Grin

Also spent a bit with Lee in 1405, Battery was a bit dead in this one I believe and the destinations couldn't be started up as usual though came on later on.

As the MAX X75/76 Omnicity was being readied for a run I had a little moment of madness and went to the Frequenta Solo and let myself in ( which I regret doing )
One other enthusiast who I recognised from the first Saturday of the Tynedale Links Solo's in operation decided to have a full on rage with me from 1405 for nothing, I didn't bloody touch anything.
One of the Arriva Drivers who had a cockney accent came over and I apologised and he was fine with it, Though for the enthusiast to shout his head off at me wasn't needed, I still don't know why he done it in the first place.

Anyways putting that moment of madness aside, I took some photos from the GNE lineup and various other Preserved Vehicles and other Independents, Also took a lot of the Arriva Lineup too though I pulled the short straw with Tommy and ended being locked out the cab by him and having to take the photos of nearly every single blind on the log.

Met Sean Harris aka Northern156 for the first time today, We chatted for a minute or two before going separate ways.

Also seen Daniel Graham and some other enthusiast's with him for the first time, I don't know if there NEB Members or not.

Other's seen today were Davie, Dan Picken , Kieron Matthews outside the Bus Station , Steven Hodgson , Bazza's Mate who I still don't know the name of and Jimmi.

Been nice meeting new people and talking to ones I already know and I hope to see you out and about or at the Durham Rally which Is coming up.

Might upload some of the photo's to Flickr tonight though I'm quite tired so see what happens.

Thanks for the good day Smile

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
01 May 2016, 8:42 pm #88

Was a good day today, Though I didn't get there as early as other forum members did due to me having football at 10 in the morning!

Got there for around 2:30PM and spent most of my time playing around with 7603 which I thank the driver for letting me do, Though if Tommy didn't lock himself in the bloody cab I probably would have had a lot more time in it! Big Grin

Also spent a bit with Lee in 1405, Battery was a bit dead in this one I believe and the destinations couldn't be started up as usual though came on later on.

As the MAX X75/76 Omnicity was being readied for a run I had a little moment of madness and went to the Frequenta Solo and let myself in ( which I regret doing )
One other enthusiast who I recognised from the first Saturday of the Tynedale Links Solo's in operation decided to have a full on rage with me from 1405 for nothing, I didn't bloody touch anything.
One of the Arriva Drivers who had a cockney accent came over and I apologised and he was fine with it, Though for the enthusiast to shout his head off at me wasn't needed, I still don't know why he done it in the first place.

Anyways putting that moment of madness aside, I took some photos from the GNE lineup and various other Preserved Vehicles and other Independents, Also took a lot of the Arriva Lineup too though I pulled the short straw with Tommy and ended being locked out the cab by him and having to take the photos of nearly every single blind on the log.

Met Sean Harris aka Northern156 for the first time today, We chatted for a minute or two before going separate ways.

Also seen Daniel Graham and some other enthusiast's with him for the first time, I don't know if there NEB Members or not.

Other's seen today were Davie, Dan Picken , Kieron Matthews outside the Bus Station , Steven Hodgson , Bazza's Mate who I still don't know the name of and Jimmi.

Been nice meeting new people and talking to ones I already know and I hope to see you out and about or at the Durham Rally which Is coming up.

Might upload some of the photo's to Flickr tonight though I'm quite tired so see what happens.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Unregistered

01 May 2016, 8:44 pm #89
Spent an enjoyable afternoon at the rally. A few different independents and loved the line up of preserved NE buses; had a great ride on the South Sheilds Atlantean.

I was disappointed in the presentation of some of GNE's offerings - 4898 was a disgrace! Loop and Green Arrow Scanias already look quite rough, and wheels were filthy. Incidentally, why did GNE take off the wheels trims a couple of years ago, eg.. all Volvos used to come with them fitted from new. They also used to keep wheels clean in painted silver.  Compared to First's buses and most Transdev fleets, GNE don't look as smart, well presented and professional. I thought Arriva's fleet put them to shame today.
01 May 2016, 8:44 pm #89

Spent an enjoyable afternoon at the rally. A few different independents and loved the line up of preserved NE buses; had a great ride on the South Sheilds Atlantean.

I was disappointed in the presentation of some of GNE's offerings - 4898 was a disgrace! Loop and Green Arrow Scanias already look quite rough, and wheels were filthy. Incidentally, why did GNE take off the wheels trims a couple of years ago, eg.. all Volvos used to come with them fitted from new. They also used to keep wheels clean in painted silver.  Compared to First's buses and most Transdev fleets, GNE don't look as smart, well presented and professional. I thought Arriva's fleet put them to shame today.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 May 2016, 8:52 pm #90
(01 May 2016, 8:44 pm)4691 I thought Arriva's fleet put them to shame today.

Yes, I thought the same.

Looks like GNE opted for quantity over quality.

Couldn't believe 4898 was at the rally in such a state (must have been a B10 in better condition in the depot) and was surprised that a Quaylink with missing branding was selected...
Dan
01 May 2016, 8:52 pm #90

(01 May 2016, 8:44 pm)4691 I thought Arriva's fleet put them to shame today.

Yes, I thought the same.

Looks like GNE opted for quantity over quality.

Couldn't believe 4898 was at the rally in such a state (must have been a B10 in better condition in the depot) and was surprised that a Quaylink with missing branding was selected...

01 May 2016, 8:54 pm #91
(01 May 2016, 8:42 pm)South Tyne Lad Got there for around 2:30PM and spent most of my time playing around with 7603 which I thank the driver for letting me do, Though if Tommy didn't lock himself in the bloody cab I probably would have had a lot more time in it!  Big Grin

Mecca Bingo Blyth.  Wink

Few more on there too, don't know why Frequenta was on the Northumbria log though?  Huh
omnicity4659
01 May 2016, 8:54 pm #91

(01 May 2016, 8:42 pm)South Tyne Lad Got there for around 2:30PM and spent most of my time playing around with 7603 which I thank the driver for letting me do, Though if Tommy didn't lock himself in the bloody cab I probably would have had a lot more time in it!  Big Grin

Mecca Bingo Blyth.  Wink

Few more on there too, don't know why Frequenta was on the Northumbria log though?  Huh

Adrian

01 May 2016, 8:59 pm #92
(01 May 2016, 8:44 pm)4691 Spent an enjoyable afternoon at the rally. A few different independents and loved the line up of preserved NE buses; had a great ride on the South Sheilds Atlantean.

Yes, and notice how Arriva's were all recently branded buses too. I thought their presentation was fantastic, and it was a nice selection of vehicle types too.

I had thought the Loop and Green Arrow were the best presented vehicles, apart from the three from the 2016 order. I don't understand why they keep bringing the oldest buses in the fleet along, when whether they like it or not, the buses on display are representing the company.

Adrian
01 May 2016, 8:59 pm #92

(01 May 2016, 8:44 pm)4691 Spent an enjoyable afternoon at the rally. A few different independents and loved the line up of preserved NE buses; had a great ride on the South Sheilds Atlantean.

Yes, and notice how Arriva's were all recently branded buses too. I thought their presentation was fantastic, and it was a nice selection of vehicle types too.

I had thought the Loop and Green Arrow were the best presented vehicles, apart from the three from the 2016 order. I don't understand why they keep bringing the oldest buses in the fleet along, when whether they like it or not, the buses on display are representing the company.

01 May 2016, 9:04 pm #93
Arriva weren't even meant to bring the Max pulsar I think, a gas bus was meant to be coming along but it failed.

I think a Sapphire 7 was due too, but it never came.
Edited 01 May 2016, 9:05 pm by Jackamcardle.
Jackamcardle
01 May 2016, 9:04 pm #93

Arriva weren't even meant to bring the Max pulsar I think, a gas bus was meant to be coming along but it failed.

Davie

Banned

01 May 2016, 9:23 pm #94
(01 May 2016, 8:42 pm)South Tyne Lad Was a good day today, Though I didn't get there as early as other forum members did due to me having football at 10 in the morning!

Got there for around 2:30PM and spent most of my time playing around with 7603 which I thank the driver for letting me do, Though if Tommy didn't lock himself in the bloody cab I probably would have had a lot more time in it!  Big Grin

Kevin Barras is probs who you're on about.
Davie
01 May 2016, 9:23 pm #94

(01 May 2016, 8:42 pm)South Tyne Lad Was a good day today, Though I didn't get there as early as other forum members did due to me having football at 10 in the morning!

Got there for around 2:30PM and spent most of my time playing around with 7603 which I thank the driver for letting me do, Though if Tommy didn't lock himself in the bloody cab I probably would have had a lot more time in it!  Big Grin

Kevin Barras is probs who you're on about.

Jamie M

Unregistered

01 May 2016, 9:29 pm #95
I didn't yet feel part enough of any of this to say hello to any faces I recognised, but it was alright I guess. As others has commented it was pretty average just to walk around, maybe wish I stayed beyond the rain but whatever. I'll be curious for the durham one which I will also attend.
Jamie M
01 May 2016, 9:29 pm #95

I didn't yet feel part enough of any of this to say hello to any faces I recognised, but it was alright I guess. As others has commented it was pretty average just to walk around, maybe wish I stayed beyond the rain but whatever. I'll be curious for the durham one which I will also attend.

Tom

01 May 2016, 9:51 pm #96
Probably won't go to Durham but what's the one after - Seaburn?
Tom
01 May 2016, 9:51 pm #96

Probably won't go to Durham but what's the one after - Seaburn?

Multi21

01 May 2016, 9:55 pm #97
(01 May 2016, 9:04 pm)Jackamcardle Arriva weren't even meant to bring the Max pulsar I think, a gas bus was meant to be coming along but it failed.

As I explained to some of the people I showed around the Gemini. 1405 was a replacement for 2807 as it wasn't ready to be presented yet! We actually went through four Frequenta Solos at Darlington this morning which is why Blyth, Durham and The other Darlington bus were there long before Darlingtons solo and Stocktons 1405. Originally it was supposed to be 2850 that came with 1405. 1528 was a coin toss I think as we brought an Enviro 400 last year! 

Around the same number of buses will be present at Howlands on father's day I believe.
Multi21
01 May 2016, 9:55 pm #97

(01 May 2016, 9:04 pm)Jackamcardle Arriva weren't even meant to bring the Max pulsar I think, a gas bus was meant to be coming along but it failed.

As I explained to some of the people I showed around the Gemini. 1405 was a replacement for 2807 as it wasn't ready to be presented yet! We actually went through four Frequenta Solos at Darlington this morning which is why Blyth, Durham and The other Darlington bus were there long before Darlingtons solo and Stocktons 1405. Originally it was supposed to be 2850 that came with 1405. 1528 was a coin toss I think as we brought an Enviro 400 last year! 

Around the same number of buses will be present at Howlands on father's day I believe.

Jimmi

01 May 2016, 9:56 pm #98
(01 May 2016, 9:51 pm)Tom Probably won't go to Durham but what's the one after - Seaburn?
There's the Whitley Bay rally on Sunday July 17th.

Not certain if I'm going to bother with that one or not as last year I didn't feel it was totally worth the 3 hour journey (in EACH direction) I had to make to attend the rally. Wasn't helped by the fact that when I arrived the only ride outs where the two preserved buses The Eden had and GNE provided a TTX B9 and a Toonlink OmniCity.
Jimmi
01 May 2016, 9:56 pm #98

(01 May 2016, 9:51 pm)Tom Probably won't go to Durham but what's the one after - Seaburn?
There's the Whitley Bay rally on Sunday July 17th.

Not certain if I'm going to bother with that one or not as last year I didn't feel it was totally worth the 3 hour journey (in EACH direction) I had to make to attend the rally. Wasn't helped by the fact that when I arrived the only ride outs where the two preserved buses The Eden had and GNE provided a TTX B9 and a Toonlink OmniCity.

Davie

Banned

01 May 2016, 9:57 pm #99

Won't Whitley Bay the next rally, after Durham?
Davie
01 May 2016, 9:57 pm #99

Won't Whitley Bay the next rally, after Durham?

01 May 2016, 10:00 pm #100
I won't be attending Durham either, as I shall be attending the Peak Park rally instead, and hopefully get a ride on the Ulsterbus Tiger which went out on a run too late for me today, as I left at 4pm with 7603.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
01 May 2016, 10:00 pm #100

I won't be attending Durham either, as I shall be attending the Peak Park rally instead, and hopefully get a ride on the Ulsterbus Tiger which went out on a run too late for me today, as I left at 4pm with 7603.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average