Scalinis Gosforth
Mcdonalds Caterrick Branch

Worst Food:
Fruit and Veg
Sweets
Cake

Tom

12 Apr 2016, 3:26 pm #182
(12 Apr 2016, 2:32 pm)Michael I liked the Japanese curry Lattices they did, not sure if you can still get them though.

Wish they would do a selection for a while then ask people to vote their favorite to keep them on permanently, sick of going to Gregg's and seeing they've took it off because its limited addition!

Never tried that but the Meatball one they done was also nice. I agree though they call them seasonal specials but I can't see how Chicken and Pepperoni is linked to Spring?
Tom
12 Apr 2016, 3:26 pm #182

(12 Apr 2016, 2:32 pm)Michael I liked the Japanese curry Lattices they did, not sure if you can still get them though.

Wish they would do a selection for a while then ask people to vote their favorite to keep them on permanently, sick of going to Gregg's and seeing they've took it off because its limited addition!

Never tried that but the Meatball one they done was also nice. I agree though they call them seasonal specials but I can't see how Chicken and Pepperoni is linked to Spring?

Michael

12 Apr 2016, 3:28 pm #183
(12 Apr 2016, 3:26 pm)Tom Never tried that but the Meatball one they done was also nice. I agree though they call them seasonal specials but I can't see how Chicken and Pepperoni is linked to Spring?

I can see the chicken part of Spring but not Pepperoni.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Apr 2016, 3:28 pm #183

(12 Apr 2016, 3:26 pm)Tom Never tried that but the Meatball one they done was also nice. I agree though they call them seasonal specials but I can't see how Chicken and Pepperoni is linked to Spring?

I can see the chicken part of Spring but not Pepperoni.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

12 Apr 2016, 7:18 pm #184
(12 Apr 2016, 2:36 pm)NK53 TKT I don't think I have been in this thread before so here are my favourites:

Restaurants:
White Swan (Dinnington)
Loch Fyne
Hungary Horse pubs
Frankie and Bennys
Wetherspoons pubs
Vintage Inns
Flying Hippo Newcastle Airport

Food:
All fish except plaice
All Meat except gammon and ham
Chocolate
Chocolate Cake

Worst Restaurants:
Scalinis Gosforth

Worst Food:
Fruit and Veg
Sweets
Cake
For big'un

Restaurants:
Burger King
Frankie and Benny's
Northside Diner (in Fenwick)

Food:
Biscuits
Some sweets
Biscuits
Apple juice
Biscuits
Cakes etc (but not with buttercream in)
Pasta (must be red sauce)
Burgers
Asparagus
Danish pastries
M&S salmon and cucumber sandwich
Biscuits

Least favourite eating establishments:
Greggs
McDonalds
Anywhere that insists on serving burgers with mayo.

Least favourite foods:
Meat that looks like unprocessed meat (apart from chicken or turkey thigh)
Pasties
Peanut butter
Mayonnaise
Potatoes
Rice
Anything spicy
White sauces in general
Most dairy
Chocolate (it don't like him)
Rice pudding. It's scary.
BusLoverMum
12 Apr 2016, 7:18 pm #184

(12 Apr 2016, 2:36 pm)NK53 TKT I don't think I have been in this thread before so here are my favourites:

Restaurants:
White Swan (Dinnington)
Loch Fyne
Hungary Horse pubs
Frankie and Bennys
Wetherspoons pubs
Vintage Inns
Flying Hippo Newcastle Airport

Food:
All fish except plaice
All Meat except gammon and ham
Chocolate
Chocolate Cake

Worst Restaurants:
Scalinis Gosforth

Worst Food:
Fruit and Veg
Sweets
Cake
For big'un

Restaurants:
Burger King
Frankie and Benny's
Northside Diner (in Fenwick)

Food:
Biscuits
Some sweets
Biscuits
Apple juice
Biscuits
Cakes etc (but not with buttercream in)
Pasta (must be red sauce)
Burgers
Asparagus
Danish pastries
M&S salmon and cucumber sandwich
Biscuits

Least favourite eating establishments:
Greggs
McDonalds
Anywhere that insists on serving burgers with mayo.

Least favourite foods:
Meat that looks like unprocessed meat (apart from chicken or turkey thigh)
Pasties
Peanut butter
Mayonnaise
Potatoes
Rice
Anything spicy
White sauces in general
Most dairy
Chocolate (it don't like him)
Rice pudding. It's scary.

Andreos1

19 Apr 2016, 12:07 pm #185
Had one of the new pepperoni and chicken pasty from Greggs based on recommendations on here.

Quite enjoyed it.
No idea what the goey filling is but there was more than enough pepperoni in it.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
19 Apr 2016, 12:07 pm #185

Had one of the new pepperoni and chicken pasty from Greggs based on recommendations on here.

Quite enjoyed it.
No idea what the goey filling is but there was more than enough pepperoni in it.

19 Apr 2016, 1:41 pm #186
With me currently being in America on Holiday I'm wondering if anyone has tried the likes of Wendy's , Chick-Fil-A etc?

Both are fast food places but are unbelievably tastier and faster than Mc Donald's.

Or has anyone heard of a restaurant called Bob Evans over here? Oh my god it's the best food you could ever eat in my opinion.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
19 Apr 2016, 1:41 pm #186

With me currently being in America on Holiday I'm wondering if anyone has tried the likes of Wendy's , Chick-Fil-A etc?

Both are fast food places but are unbelievably tastier and faster than Mc Donald's.

Or has anyone heard of a restaurant called Bob Evans over here? Oh my god it's the best food you could ever eat in my opinion.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

BusLoverMum

19 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm #187
My ex is in the US. Sort of puts me off an entire continent Wink

We tried out the new Farmer's market at Wynyard Hall at the weekend. Might be just because it was the firs tone, but it was fabulous. With the exception of the super raw vegan food stall, every stand was reasonably busy. I would suggest that low carb was more th estyle of the achingly middle class of Wynyard than macrobiotic vegan, but the bread stalls were the busiest off all.

As well as the usual bacon and sausages and the tastiest vegetable samosas I've ever eaten, I picked up 1kg of dexter stewing beef for £6, which is actually better than reasonable. Making some into a ragu for big-un to have with pasta and the rest into a stew. It's looking and smelling phenomenal and I'm not even the biggest fan of beef.
BusLoverMum
19 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm #187

My ex is in the US. Sort of puts me off an entire continent Wink

We tried out the new Farmer's market at Wynyard Hall at the weekend. Might be just because it was the firs tone, but it was fabulous. With the exception of the super raw vegan food stall, every stand was reasonably busy. I would suggest that low carb was more th estyle of the achingly middle class of Wynyard than macrobiotic vegan, but the bread stalls were the busiest off all.

As well as the usual bacon and sausages and the tastiest vegetable samosas I've ever eaten, I picked up 1kg of dexter stewing beef for £6, which is actually better than reasonable. Making some into a ragu for big-un to have with pasta and the rest into a stew. It's looking and smelling phenomenal and I'm not even the biggest fan of beef.

Tom

19 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm #188
(19 Apr 2016, 12:07 pm)Andreos1 Had one of the new pepperoni and chicken pasty from Greggs based on recommendations on here.

Quite enjoyed it.

If you think that's good should try the BBQ Pulled Chicken roll I had today and it's possibly one of the best pasties I've had.

(19 Apr 2016, 1:41 pm)South Tyne Lad With me currently being in America on Holiday I'm wondering if anyone has tried the likes of Wendy's , Chick-Fil-A etc?

Haven't been to America but going next year hopefully. Food seems incredible over there though, bet you can get some amazing burgers a small one there will probably be like a large one here.
Edited 19 Apr 2016, 1:57 pm by Tom.
Tom
19 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm #188

(19 Apr 2016, 12:07 pm)Andreos1 Had one of the new pepperoni and chicken pasty from Greggs based on recommendations on here.

Quite enjoyed it.

If you think that's good should try the BBQ Pulled Chicken roll I had today and it's possibly one of the best pasties I've had.

(19 Apr 2016, 1:41 pm)South Tyne Lad With me currently being in America on Holiday I'm wondering if anyone has tried the likes of Wendy's , Chick-Fil-A etc?

Haven't been to America but going next year hopefully. Food seems incredible over there though, bet you can get some amazing burgers a small one there will probably be like a large one here.

Andreos1

19 Apr 2016, 2:01 pm #189

I haven't been to the states for 20+ years.
However I did enjoy the food when I was over there.
Lots of it and fairly cheap.
It was interesting to see trends over there appear over here a year or two later. 

The triple D and Man VS Food shows are definitely having an influence on food over here these days.
(19 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm)Tom If you think that's good should try the BBQ Pulled Chicken roll I had today and it's possibly one of the best pasties I've had.

I didn't see that one mind.

The donner kebab pasty that one of the shops do, is an experience.

Andreos1
19 Apr 2016, 2:01 pm #189

I haven't been to the states for 20+ years.
However I did enjoy the food when I was over there.
Lots of it and fairly cheap.
It was interesting to see trends over there appear over here a year or two later. 

The triple D and Man VS Food shows are definitely having an influence on food over here these days.
(19 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm)Tom If you think that's good should try the BBQ Pulled Chicken roll I had today and it's possibly one of the best pasties I've had.

I didn't see that one mind.

Tom

19 Apr 2016, 2:14 pm #190
(19 Apr 2016, 2:01 pm)Andreos1 I didn't see that one mind.

Yeah it's really nice could have done with two really though. Never had a donner kebab pasty - not a fan of kebabs anyway.
Tom
19 Apr 2016, 2:14 pm #190

(19 Apr 2016, 2:01 pm)Andreos1 I didn't see that one mind.

Yeah it's really nice could have done with two really though. Never had a donner kebab pasty - not a fan of kebabs anyway.

Michael

05 May 2016, 6:50 am #191
The Heart Attack Grill: Restaurant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqf_SIQ3JAk&feature=endscreen&NR=1

"America"

My god, this is ridiculous!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 May 2016, 6:50 am #191

The Heart Attack Grill: Restaurant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqf_SIQ3JAk&feature=endscreen&NR=1

"America"

My god, this is ridiculous!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

26 Aug 2016, 3:47 pm #192
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/...o-11805339

Underperforming Coast to Coast and F&B's to close.

Andreos1
26 Aug 2016, 3:47 pm #192

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/...o-11805339

Tom

26 Aug 2016, 8:29 pm #193
(26 Aug 2016, 3:47 pm)Andreos1 http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/...o-11805339

They're crap anyway so doesn't surprise me!
Tom
26 Aug 2016, 8:29 pm #193

(26 Aug 2016, 3:47 pm)Andreos1 http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/...o-11805339

They're crap anyway so doesn't surprise me!

Andreos1

25 Nov 2016, 7:01 pm #194
Without going in to too much detail, me and a group of mates head out every Christmas on the lash.
Done it for years.

Debating what to do this year and a few various options were identified.
We usually have a bite to eat and do 'something'.

One of my mates has suggested we get something to eat at Frankie & Benny's, before moving on and sent the menu.
Frankie and/or Benny need to hang their head in shame.
http://www.frankieandbennys.com/christmasmenu.pdf

Andreos1
25 Nov 2016, 7:01 pm #194

Without going in to too much detail, me and a group of mates head out every Christmas on the lash.
Done it for years.

One of my mates has suggested we get something to eat at Frankie & Benny's, before moving on and sent the menu.

Michael

25 Nov 2016, 7:04 pm #195
(25 Nov 2016, 7:01 pm)Andreos1 Without going in to too much detail, me and a group of mates head out every Christmas on the lash.
Done it for years.

Menu is shocking especially for Christmas.

I went to TGI Friday's last Saturday, was really nice.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Nov 2016, 7:04 pm #195

(25 Nov 2016, 7:01 pm)Andreos1 Without going in to too much detail, me and a group of mates head out every Christmas on the lash.
Done it for years.

Menu is shocking especially for Christmas.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

25 Nov 2016, 8:31 pm #196
(25 Nov 2016, 7:04 pm)Michael Menu is shocking especially for Christmas.

Love TGI Fridays, Frankie and Bennys compared to TGI Fridays is awful.

@Andreos if you are looking for something different this may be worth a look at http://www.rubsmokehouse.com/pages/newca...d-location Not sure what the quality is like though or if you's are in to all that stuff.
Edited 25 Nov 2016, 8:51 pm by Tom.
Tom
25 Nov 2016, 8:31 pm #196

(25 Nov 2016, 7:04 pm)Michael Menu is shocking especially for Christmas.

Love TGI Fridays, Frankie and Bennys compared to TGI Fridays is awful.

@Andreos if you are looking for something different this may be worth a look at http://www.rubsmokehouse.com/pages/newca...d-location Not sure what the quality is like though or if you's are in to all that stuff.

Andreos1

25 Nov 2016, 9:39 pm #197
Must admit to not being a massive fan of TGI's either mind.
A quick whip around Herons and Iceland could conjure up something similar at half the price.

We do like smokehouse type food and went to Longhorns last Christmas.

Andreos1
25 Nov 2016, 9:39 pm #197

Must admit to not being a massive fan of TGI's either mind.
A quick whip around Herons and Iceland could conjure up something similar at half the price.

We do like smokehouse type food and went to Longhorns last Christmas.

James101

25 Nov 2016, 9:56 pm #198
Done it for years.

I didn't realise anyone still went to Frankie's, not adults anyway. It's clear The Restaurant Group are trying to divert all the family trade toward F&B's while they capitalise on the higher spend adult leisure market with their other brands (Coast to Coast, Girraffe, Chiquitos, Brunning & Price etc).

I managed a F&B in Salford before I went off to do my own thing and I can't say a good thing about them. Value range products from Brakes is what they're serving - often under-portioned and watered down as managers desperately try to grab their cost-based bonus. 

If you're going to eat somewhere branded I'd vote for Botanist at the mo, though my fave Newcastle place is El Toro. It's not-complicated tapas on Side (near the Castle) - it's usually quiet and being a bit more 'adult' they don't mind you having a few bevs during the day.
James101
25 Nov 2016, 9:56 pm #198

Done it for years.

I didn't realise anyone still went to Frankie's, not adults anyway. It's clear The Restaurant Group are trying to divert all the family trade toward F&B's while they capitalise on the higher spend adult leisure market with their other brands (Coast to Coast, Girraffe, Chiquitos, Brunning & Price etc).

I managed a F&B in Salford before I went off to do my own thing and I can't say a good thing about them. Value range products from Brakes is what they're serving - often under-portioned and watered down as managers desperately try to grab their cost-based bonus. 

If you're going to eat somewhere branded I'd vote for Botanist at the mo, though my fave Newcastle place is El Toro. It's not-complicated tapas on Side (near the Castle) - it's usually quiet and being a bit more 'adult' they don't mind you having a few bevs during the day.

Andreos1

25 Nov 2016, 10:34 pm #199
F&B's isn't somewhere I would choose at all. Not my kind of place, much prefer a good independent to be honest. Had drinks in the Botanist (nice selection of decent beers), but haven't had food there or El Toro.

Mind, what you have said about the food quality at F&B's doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Andreos1
25 Nov 2016, 10:34 pm #199

F&B's isn't somewhere I would choose at all. Not my kind of place, much prefer a good independent to be honest. Had drinks in the Botanist (nice selection of decent beers), but haven't had food there or El Toro.

Mind, what you have said about the food quality at F&B's doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Andreos1

11 Dec 2016, 12:58 pm #200
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/th...16416.html

I might be showing my age here, but have no idea what half the words mean!

Andreos1
11 Dec 2016, 12:58 pm #200

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/th...16416.html

I might be showing my age here, but have no idea what half the words mean!

Pages (11) Previous 19 10 11 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average