Menu

Pages (10) 1 2 310   
Adrian   01 Jul 2017, 5:33 pm
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2017

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Malarkey   01 Jul 2017, 6:39 pm
9096 is now on service 19, having previously been on the 40/41/42/42A - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/
Ambassador   02 Jul 2017, 10:27 am
Bloody bike ride on in town, no service to Eldon Square, absolutely nothing from Go North East.

Stagecoach provided detailed posters and updates. GNE did bugger all. People walking around like lemmings.

Assume they were too busy agreeing price rises to focus on you know...passengers

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Adrian   02 Jul 2017, 10:46 am
(02 Jul 2017, 10:27 am)Ambassador wrote Bloody bike ride on in town, no service to Eldon Square, absolutely nothing from Go North East.

Stagecoach provided detailed posters and updates. GNE did bugger all. People walking around like lemmings.

Assume they were too busy agreeing price rises to focus on you know...passengers

New method of communication? Don't tell anyone and spoil the surprise element... let them find out for themselves instead. Smile

Seems to be the way with 'Revised Fares'.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
South Tyne Lad   02 Jul 2017, 11:14 am
Time for a Jimmi Style Flickr Plug : https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...ed-public/

I actually presumed it was on the 42/42A still...

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Andreos1   02 Jul 2017, 11:25 am
(02 Jul 2017, 10:27 am)Ambassador wrote Bloody bike ride on in town, no service to Eldon Square, absolutely nothing from Go North East.

The irony!
https://twitter.com/swandamage/status/88...8669388800

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan   02 Jul 2017, 11:32 am
(01 Jul 2017, 6:39 pm)Malarkey wrote 9096 is now on service 19, having previously been on the 40/41/42/42A - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

(02 Jul 2017, 11:14 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Time for a Jimmi Style Flickr Plug : https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...ed-public/

Moved across to service 19 yesterday, after its week-long allocation to services 42/42A.

Contrary to suggestions on Flickr that it will move to Hexham next, this bus should be returned to ADL on 5th July (i.e. next Wednesday), so tomorrow and Tuesday are the last chances to see it out in service.
Malarkey   02 Jul 2017, 11:59 am
(02 Jul 2017, 11:14 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Time for a Jimmi Style Flickr Plug : https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...ed-public/

18 Hours too late mate
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
cbma06   02 Jul 2017, 1:11 pm
(02 Jul 2017, 11:25 am)Andreos1 wrote The irony!
https://twitter.com/swandamage/status/88...8669388800

That's a nexus poster and not GNE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapidsnap   02 Jul 2017, 6:05 pm
(02 Jul 2017, 11:32 am)Dan wrote Moved across to service 19 yesterday, after its week-long allocation to services 42/42A.

Contrary to suggestions on Flickr that it will move to Hexham next, this bus should be returned to ADL on 5th July (i.e. next Wednesday), so tomorrow and Tuesday are the last chances to see it out in service.

Any idea what running board it will be on. Missed getting a photo of it on the 42/42A due to work and bad weather. However I'm doing something that I rarely do these day and will be riding around on buses around Tyne and Wear on Tuesday (was meant to do one in May but postponed when I found out it was a school holiday and wanted to avoid the "little angels") so hopefully get a photo of it and sample it on the 19.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Andreos1   02 Jul 2017, 7:24 pm
(02 Jul 2017, 1:11 pm)cbma06 wrote That's a nexus poster and not GNE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the p...

It doesn't matter Wink

Ambassador   02 Jul 2017, 7:35 pm
(02 Jul 2017, 7:24 pm)Andreos1 wrote That's the p...

It doesn't matter Wink

Big Grin  Big Grin

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
idiot   03 Jul 2017, 8:17 am
Meanwhile because of let's ride in Newcastle it give so many people including kids the confidence to cycle. It's about time cycle infrastructure was given serious consideration instead of a badly surfaced white marked footpath, a shared footpath which is unusable as it makes it dangerous to the pedestrian... Or the one like Durham Road in Sunderland which is basically a car park! Or my personal favourite of mine tiny lane full of crap which is basically a death trap due to it been a door zone... I wish Sunderland would team up with British cycling to put a similar event on but they refuse. Saying they've got the big bike ride - shame that's it not suitable for everyone and it's off road to ???Rant over lol..

But it was great to see people of all ages have the confidence to cycle!
RM2186   03 Jul 2017, 8:57 am
[attachment=8691 wroteidiot pid='202535' dateline='1499069854']Meanwhile because of let's ride in Newcastle it give so many people including kids the confidence to cycle. It's about time cycle infrastructure was given serious consideration instead of a badly surfaced white marked footpath, a shared footpath which is unusable as it makes it dangerous to the pedestrian... Or the one like Durham Road in Sunderland which is basically a car park! Or my personal favourite of mine tiny lane full of crap which is basically a death trap due to it been a door zone... I wish Sunderland would team up with British cycling to put a similar event on but they refuse. Saying they've got the big bike ride - shame that's it not suitable for everyone and it's off road to ???Rant over lol..

But it was great to see people of all ages have the confidence to cycle!
Attached Files
.jpg
Track.jpg (Size 7.28 KB Downloads 384)
Dan   03 Jul 2017, 1:58 pm
(30 Jun 2017, 3:46 pm)Michael wrote That makes it 14 out of 18 Streetlites here, wasn't one of the Go North East coloured ones spotted a while back in Ireland, that seems to of gone missing.....

16 out of 18, now. Both fleet livery Streetlites have now been delivered - 5480 this morning, followed by 5479 this afternoon.

[Image: 35563838311_aa72bbed15.jpg]Go North East: 5479 / NK17GKA by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

4915 also collected by A-Line this afternoon, and 5321 returned to service following return from refurbishment on Friday and branding yesterday:

[Image: 35563835511_d94ab8cf11.jpg]Go North East: 5321 / NK58DVX by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
Michael   03 Jul 2017, 5:59 pm
(03 Jul 2017, 1:58 pm)Dan wrote 16 out of 18, now. Both fleet livery Streetlites have now been delivered - 5480 this morning, followed by 5479 this afternoon.

[Image: 35563838311_aa72bbed15.jpg]Go North East: 5479 / NK17GKA by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

4915 also collected by A-Line this afternoon, and 5321 returned to service following return from refurbishment on Friday and branding yesterday:

[Image: 35563835511_d94ab8cf11.jpg]Go North East: 5321 / NK58DVX by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Thanks for the update Dan.

Thanks for the update Dan.

Have anymore fleet movements taking place yet?

I'm away so the fleet news section is rubbish on my phone but which Streetlites are yet to enter service? (not including 5479/5480)

If more have, has anymore fleet movements taking place yet?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
mb134   03 Jul 2017, 9:11 pm
(02 Jul 2017, 6:05 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Any idea what running board it will be on. Missed getting a photo of it on the 42/42A due to work and bad weather. However I'm doing something that I rarely do these day and will be riding around on buses around Tyne and Wear on Tuesday (was meant to do one in May but postponed when I found out it was a school holiday and wanted to avoid the "little angels") so hopefully get a photo of it and sample it on the 19.

It went through Bedlington on its way to Ashington at 11:10 this morning if that is of any help?
Rapidsnap   03 Jul 2017, 11:04 pm
(03 Jul 2017, 9:11 pm)mb134 wrote It went through Bedlington on its way to Ashington at 11:10 this morning if that is of any help?

I managed to get a photo of it at Bedlington Station on the last run of the day, unfortunatley a car prevented me getting a photo of it with Bedlington South Signal Box. Tomorrow I shall attempt to travel on it. If it sticks to the same board it should be the following departures.

0700 - Percy Main to Ashington
0818 - Ashington to North Shields Ferry
1000 - North Shields Ferry to Ashington
1130 - Ashington to North Shields Ferry
1257 - North Shields Ferry to Ashington
1430 - Ashington to North Shields Ferry
1557 - North Shields Ferry to Ashington
1745 - Ashington to Cramlington

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Venturego   04 Jul 2017, 8:03 am
From Business Daily:
https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2017/07/03...e=bulletin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2017-07-04-north-east&utm_content=lead-story-title

Go North East makes £1.6m contactless ticketing investment

Bus operator Go North East is hoping to drive up passenger numbers across its Tyne and Wear, Northumberland, County Durham and Tees Valley services after investing over £1.6m in contactless ticketing.

Effective as of this wednesday, the company revealed contactless payments can be made for single, return and day tickets on Visa and Mastercard, or via mobile using Apple Pay or Android Pay.

The investment is part of an ongoing programme of works by Go North East.

In February, it spent £1.6m on 10 new Wright Streetlite micro-hybrid buses for its Durham Diamond 16 and 16A services and £1.8m on 11 new buses for its no. 49 bus services which operates between Gateshead, Dunston, Metrocentre, Winlaton and Blaydon.

In June, it also announced a further £650,000 invested on refurbishing 36 vehicles, which included the introduction of five newly branded Blaydon Racer buses onto the roads of Newcastle, to mark the legendary fun run.

Kevin Carr, managing director of Go North East, said: “Studies released on bus travel show it is a third less stressful to commute by bus than car, is good for the local economy and encourages more daily exercise.

“And, we believe, by offering contactless payment options, non-bus users who were previously worried about having incorrect change or who were put off by the ticket-buying process, may be more inclined to just pop on the bus now.

“Contactless has already been trialed for a few weeks on our popular Q3 Quaylink service in Newcastle, to great local acclaim and now we’re excited to launch it across all our services, during the popular awareness week.

“This new fast, simple and secure way to pay means our passengers can travel hassle-free, without the worry of having change for the bus.”
omnicity4659   04 Jul 2017, 9:49 am
Anyone know if 9096 is running the same board today?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   04 Jul 2017, 10:20 am
(04 Jul 2017, 8:03 am)Venturego wrote From Business Daily:
https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2017/07/03...e=bulletin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2017-07-04-north-east&utm_content=lead-story-title

Go North East makes £1.6m contactless ticketing investment

Bus operator Go North East is hoping to drive up passenger numbers across its Tyne and Wear, Northumberland, County Durham and Tees Valley services after investing over £1.6m in contactless ticketing.

Effective as of this wednesday, the company revealed contactless payments can be made for single, return and day tickets on Visa and Mastercard, or via mobile using Apple Pay or Android Pay.

The investment is part of an ongoing programme of works by Go North East.

In February, it spent £1.6m on 10 new Wright Streetlite micro-hybrid buses for its Durham Diamond 16 and 16A services and £1.8m on 11 new buses for its no. 49 bus services which operates between Gateshead, Dunston, Metrocentre, Winlaton and Blaydon.

In June, it also announced a further £650,000 invested on refurbishing 36 vehicles, which included the introduction of five newly branded Blaydon Racer buses onto the roads of Newcastle, to mark the legendary fun run.

Kevin Carr, managing director of Go North East, said: “Studies released on bus travel show it is a third less stressful to commute by bus than car, is good for the local economy and encourages more daily exercise.

“And, we believe, by offering contactless payment options, non-bus users who were previously worried about having incorrect change or who were put off by the ticket-buying process, may be more inclined to just pop on the bus now.

“Contactless has already been trialed for a few weeks on our popular Q3 Quaylink service in Newcastle, to great local acclaim and now we’re excited to launch it across all our services, during the popular awareness week.

“This new fast, simple and secure way to pay means our passengers can travel hassle-free, without the worry of having change for the bus.”

Even more reasons for them to not let passengers know about 4 or 5% increase in fares!

'Sotry about not notifying you about the increases and you not having enough change to get to work, but it doesn't matter. Just pay with your card. Problem solved'

idiot   04 Jul 2017, 1:06 pm
Very true.
What is misleading is how all the machines have the contact less symbol on it. I'm quite in the know obv with GNE but thought I had missed the fact it was live until I was corrected by the driver
Dan   04 Jul 2017, 2:16 pm
(04 Jul 2017, 1:06 pm)idiot wrote Very true.
What is misleading is how all the machines have the contact less symbol on it. I'm quite in the know obv with GNE but thought I had missed the fact it was live until I was corrected by the driver

The sticker was added onto every machine last week ahead of the contactless payments being introduced this week.

It's live now. In fact, drivers were able to accept contactless payments on all services from Saturday, despite the 'public' launch not being until this week, in line with Catch the Bus Week.
Coppercap40   04 Jul 2017, 2:49 pm
Tkt machine  on 3980  issung tktts that are totally  blank  !!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   04 Jul 2017, 3:52 pm
(04 Jul 2017, 2:49 pm)Coppercap40 wrote Tkt machine  on 3980  issung tktts that are totally  blank  !!

Quite likely that the driver has put the ticket roll in the wrong way round.

This is the most common reason for blank tickets being issued.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
JP6004   04 Jul 2017, 4:26 pm
With the new B5s not far off, does anyone know if they will have the larger fuel tank fitted like the B9s did?

Also IF the 10 not due new deckers, and the B9s go to the 10 to make up the PVR, will they be based at Hexham due to them having the larger tank?
South Tyne Lad   04 Jul 2017, 5:16 pm
(04 Jul 2017, 4:26 pm)JP6004 wrote With the new B5s not far off, does anyone know if they will have the larger fuel tank fitted like the B9s did?

Also IF the 10 not due new deckers, and the B9s go to the 10 to make up the PVR, will they be based at Hexham due to them having the larger tank?

Most definitely, Due to the B9TL having 2x 235L Tanks which adds up to 470L, With the B5 only having a capacity of up to 250L's in a single tank.
Not sure on the fuel usage of the of both but id imagine it would warrant and extra tank due to the Smaller D5K having to work harder than the D9B in the B9.

Saying that, The holding capacity of the B9 is ridiculously big compared to the E400 and other rivals, So are they actually fitted with extra tanks? I cant remember hearing anything about it.

Arnt TEN's split between Hexham and Riverside Drivers but the buses finish at wither one of them, Such as a board starting at Riverside on a morning but finishing at Hexham in the evening?
If so, Id imagine they'd be allocated on paper to both but would still make appearances on the TTX when required to provide some more flexibility between Tacogrpahed Spares.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Adrian   04 Jul 2017, 5:36 pm
(04 Jul 2017, 8:03 am)Venturego wrote From Business Daily:

I'd be very interested to see this study in full. The one being referred to is here - http://www.greenerjourneys.com/news/bus-...ssful-car/, but I can only find a summary of it? It's completely subjective without seeing the research behind it.

I do agree that offering contactless payment options is a big boost for the North East. GNE joining the party means that all three principal operators now accept it. Whilst it is easier to purchase tickets with contactless being available, it does not make the ticketing options any better though. I just hope this new technology is embraced to the point of having a multi operator weekly/monthly/annual ticket, with the ability to select combinations of zones right across the North East.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
markydh   04 Jul 2017, 6:00 pm
Just having the Network One pass on a smartcard would be a start!
Andreos1   05 Jul 2017, 4:39 pm
Two more Streetlites for Deptford?
Both in corportate livery, driven by fitters and coming along the Felling Bypass.

One got stuck at Testo's (so didn't get id) and the other one disappeared off at the Nissan slip, scooting towards Sunderland via North Hylton Road. I didn't get that id either...

Pages (10) 1 2 310