Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (21) Previous 112 13 1421 Next
S830OFT

12 Sep 2017, 2:32 pm #241
(12 Sep 2017, 9:12 am)Citaro5326 Deptford have a  Orange solo on loan from optare yj64 dwd to replace 640 which is away for repair - my mates just messaged me

Will this be 9094 in the fleet?

S830OFT
12 Sep 2017, 2:32 pm #241

(12 Sep 2017, 9:12 am)Citaro5326 Deptford have a  Orange solo on loan from optare yj64 dwd to replace 640 which is away for repair - my mates just messaged me

Will this be 9094 in the fleet?

12 Sep 2017, 2:53 pm #242
(12 Sep 2017, 2:30 pm)mb134 So "Tyne Tees Xpress" isn't simple or straight to the point? 

For example, if you're travelling down the A19 behind an X9/X10, which of these gives you more information as to where the bus serves?

https://flic.kr/p/cJUC2G
https://flic.kr/p/X5JCtg

Another good point - hadn't noticed the rear branding tells you where the bus goes via, but not where it goes to and from...bizarre to omit this if attempting to encourage motorists to switch from the car to (standing on!) the bus...
stagecoachbusdepot
12 Sep 2017, 2:53 pm #242

(12 Sep 2017, 2:30 pm)mb134 So "Tyne Tees Xpress" isn't simple or straight to the point? 

For example, if you're travelling down the A19 behind an X9/X10, which of these gives you more information as to where the bus serves?

Another good point - hadn't noticed the rear branding tells you where the bus goes via, but not where it goes to and from...bizarre to omit this if attempting to encourage motorists to switch from the car to (standing on!) the bus...

idiot

12 Sep 2017, 3:02 pm #243
Thanks to GNE for putting a solo on 60 at peak time making it full to pick up any passengers en route and has a spare streetlite on staff shuttle
idiot
12 Sep 2017, 3:02 pm #243

Thanks to GNE for putting a solo on 60 at peak time making it full to pick up any passengers en route and has a spare streetlite on staff shuttle

S830OFT

12 Sep 2017, 3:40 pm #244
9094 has just departed Saltmeadows Road for Deptford.
It should arrive within 30 minutes.

S830OFT
12 Sep 2017, 3:40 pm #244

9094 has just departed Saltmeadows Road for Deptford.
It should arrive within 30 minutes.

12 Sep 2017, 3:51 pm #245
(12 Sep 2017, 2:53 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Another good point - hadn't noticed the rear branding tells you where the bus goes via, but not where it goes to and from...bizarre to omit this if attempting to encourage motorists to switch from the car to (standing on!) the bus...

The back of the bus is the selling point to motorists heading in the same direction, if you're sat behind a bus, that's all you are going to see. 

I can see it has WiFi, USB and Tables, it says it twice. It runs direct via the A19, it's great value and its "contactless" (please use "contactless payments" or "contactless accepted" next time?!). But where does the bus go? Yes there's a full read blind, but if you're sat behind it and it says "Dalton Park then Middlesbrough", then where do you try and get on...? 

It's all well and good plastering it on the side, but if a car is overtaking, it's just going to be a blur.
omnicity4659
12 Sep 2017, 3:51 pm #245

(12 Sep 2017, 2:53 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Another good point - hadn't noticed the rear branding tells you where the bus goes via, but not where it goes to and from...bizarre to omit this if attempting to encourage motorists to switch from the car to (standing on!) the bus...

The back of the bus is the selling point to motorists heading in the same direction, if you're sat behind a bus, that's all you are going to see. 

I can see it has WiFi, USB and Tables, it says it twice. It runs direct via the A19, it's great value and its "contactless" (please use "contactless payments" or "contactless accepted" next time?!). But where does the bus go? Yes there's a full read blind, but if you're sat behind it and it says "Dalton Park then Middlesbrough", then where do you try and get on...? 

It's all well and good plastering it on the side, but if a car is overtaking, it's just going to be a blur.

Jamie M

Unregistered

12 Sep 2017, 4:06 pm #246
I dont think thats a valid argument - all displays have general info. 99% of destination places would require somebody new to the area to go and do some personal research. I don't think it's any less specific than before. Better to see just bare panel with only the start/end place names present. I think this is just trying to find issues, rather than there actually being anything out of place.

I however do not think it's justifiable to put versas and streetlites as spares on this service when there are TEN and TTX buses at the depot of nicer specification/capacity.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
12 Sep 2017, 4:06 pm #246

I dont think thats a valid argument - all displays have general info. 99% of destination places would require somebody new to the area to go and do some personal research. I don't think it's any less specific than before. Better to see just bare panel with only the start/end place names present. I think this is just trying to find issues, rather than there actually being anything out of place.

I however do not think it's justifiable to put versas and streetlites as spares on this service when there are TEN and TTX buses at the depot of nicer specification/capacity.

mb134

12 Sep 2017, 4:14 pm #247
(12 Sep 2017, 4:06 pm)Jamie M I dont think thats a valid argument - all displays have general info. 99% of destination places would require somebody new to the area to go and do some personal research. I don't think it's any less specific than before. Better to see just bare panel with only the start/end place names present. I think this is just trying to find issues, rather than there actually being anything out of place.

So you're saying that people new to the area would have to research where Newcastle and Middlesbrough are, those being the routes two main destinations? 

It is far more likely that people will have to make an effort to look into where the 'X9/X10' goes.
mb134
12 Sep 2017, 4:14 pm #247

(12 Sep 2017, 4:06 pm)Jamie M I dont think thats a valid argument - all displays have general info. 99% of destination places would require somebody new to the area to go and do some personal research. I don't think it's any less specific than before. Better to see just bare panel with only the start/end place names present. I think this is just trying to find issues, rather than there actually being anything out of place.

So you're saying that people new to the area would have to research where Newcastle and Middlesbrough are, those being the routes two main destinations? 

It is far more likely that people will have to make an effort to look into where the 'X9/X10' goes.

S813 FVK

12 Sep 2017, 4:19 pm #248

Again, I have read both of my previous posts and at no point did I say that the Tyne Tees Xpress was not simple or straight to the point.

After already expressing my view on the rear of the B5TLs, the old Tyne Tees Xpress is certainly better. That aside, however, there is a lot more to a brand than just where it goes, especially if you are competing with the train. The people who are likely use the services will, most likely, live somewhere along the route anyway meaning that they will know where the bus serves. Perhaps not as good as having the route on the rear, but it certainly isn't information that cannot be sourced through independent research.

(12 Sep 2017, 4:14 pm)mb134 So you're saying that people new to the area would have to research where Newcastle and Middlesbrough are, those being the routes two main destinations? 

The customer cannot expect everything to be done for them regardless of what industry is being discussed. If you are considering using the bus, it would make sense to get more information on it first to get a rough idea of ticketing options. The routes would be discovered during that process, wouldn't they?

I also think it is likely that people needed to make an effort to look at what services to look out for if they did choose to use the bus.
Edited 12 Sep 2017, 4:24 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
12 Sep 2017, 4:19 pm #248

Again, I have read both of my previous posts and at no point did I say that the Tyne Tees Xpress was not simple or straight to the point.

After already expressing my view on the rear of the B5TLs, the old Tyne Tees Xpress is certainly better. That aside, however, there is a lot more to a brand than just where it goes, especially if you are competing with the train. The people who are likely use the services will, most likely, live somewhere along the route anyway meaning that they will know where the bus serves. Perhaps not as good as having the route on the rear, but it certainly isn't information that cannot be sourced through independent research.

(12 Sep 2017, 4:14 pm)mb134 So you're saying that people new to the area would have to research where Newcastle and Middlesbrough are, those being the routes two main destinations? 

The customer cannot expect everything to be done for them regardless of what industry is being discussed. If you are considering using the bus, it would make sense to get more information on it first to get a rough idea of ticketing options. The routes would be discovered during that process, wouldn't they?

I also think it is likely that people needed to make an effort to look at what services to look out for if they did choose to use the bus.

mb134

12 Sep 2017, 4:30 pm #249
(11 Sep 2017, 8:18 pm)S813 FVK The X9|X10 brand name, if it can be called that, gets straight to the point to me. I instantly know which services the buses operate on without having to look up at the destination display which, not now in my case but certainly soon, would involve taking my eyes off the road if I was driving.

(12 Sep 2017, 6:45 am)S813 FVK I never said that it was more explanatory, just that it was simple and straight to the point which, when travelling 50/60mph down the A19, is something you need.

(12 Sep 2017, 4:19 pm)S813 FVK Again, I have read both of my previous posts and at no point did I say that the Tyne Tees Xpress was not simple or straight to the point.

Both of the comments in your first two posts imply that the TTX brand was not straight to the point. 

I'm of the opinion that after putting so much effort into making the inside of the vehicle as premium as possible, in order to compete with other modes of transport as you say, they should have kept the premium livery. Both the original TTX livery and the 2012-17 version were, in my opinion, two of the most premium liveries the North East has seen and I think it would have been far better to build on that.

(12 Sep 2017, 4:19 pm)S813 FVK The customer cannot expect everything to be done for them regardless of what industry is being discussed. If you are considering using the bus, it would make sense to get more information on it first to get a rough idea of ticketing options. The routes would be discovered during that process, wouldn't they?

Okay, so let's say 'Pete' is driving to work in Middlesbrough from Newcastle, and is following a B5 down the A19. He has no idea where that bus has come from, and unless he's looking up at the rear destination, he may not know where it's going. 

Now, had he been making that journey when the B9s were allocated to the route, he'd see at eye level that the bus goes from Newcastle to Middlesbrough, is every 30 minutes, and can also easily see that it has WiFi, sockets etc. 

My point is that, he'd probably be more likely to look at the possibility of using the bus if he knew it's destinations, than just the service numbers.
Edited 12 Sep 2017, 4:38 pm by mb134.
mb134
12 Sep 2017, 4:30 pm #249

(11 Sep 2017, 8:18 pm)S813 FVK The X9|X10 brand name, if it can be called that, gets straight to the point to me. I instantly know which services the buses operate on without having to look up at the destination display which, not now in my case but certainly soon, would involve taking my eyes off the road if I was driving.

(12 Sep 2017, 6:45 am)S813 FVK I never said that it was more explanatory, just that it was simple and straight to the point which, when travelling 50/60mph down the A19, is something you need.

(12 Sep 2017, 4:19 pm)S813 FVK Again, I have read both of my previous posts and at no point did I say that the Tyne Tees Xpress was not simple or straight to the point.

Both of the comments in your first two posts imply that the TTX brand was not straight to the point. 

I'm of the opinion that after putting so much effort into making the inside of the vehicle as premium as possible, in order to compete with other modes of transport as you say, they should have kept the premium livery. Both the original TTX livery and the 2012-17 version were, in my opinion, two of the most premium liveries the North East has seen and I think it would have been far better to build on that.

(12 Sep 2017, 4:19 pm)S813 FVK The customer cannot expect everything to be done for them regardless of what industry is being discussed. If you are considering using the bus, it would make sense to get more information on it first to get a rough idea of ticketing options. The routes would be discovered during that process, wouldn't they?

Okay, so let's say 'Pete' is driving to work in Middlesbrough from Newcastle, and is following a B5 down the A19. He has no idea where that bus has come from, and unless he's looking up at the rear destination, he may not know where it's going. 

Now, had he been making that journey when the B9s were allocated to the route, he'd see at eye level that the bus goes from Newcastle to Middlesbrough, is every 30 minutes, and can also easily see that it has WiFi, sockets etc. 

My point is that, he'd probably be more likely to look at the possibility of using the bus if he knew it's destinations, than just the service numbers.

Cock Robin

12 Sep 2017, 4:38 pm #250
(11 Sep 2017, 10:08 pm)Michael Agree, no one ever moans about any other company in the NE when something goes wrong, such as a launch, problems with new buses etc.

"And before anyone moans that there is no need for me to be like this, well I don't give a flying feather", i think the exact same.

You joking? Someone commented the other day there were at least 6 non-Sapphires on the 43/44/45.

(11 Sep 2017, 7:48 pm)Greg in Weardale Just realised that "Tyne Tees Express" has been dropped from the brand which is now simply "X9/X10", a disappointing and illogical change. Brands with just numbers are rather meaningless, like "the 49" and it was a great improvement  changing the boring "Ten" to "Tyne Valley Ten". The "Tyne Tees Express" was relevant and well known.

I agree.
Maybe they're embarrassed to call it an Express now it's been slowed down so much.
Edited 12 Sep 2017, 4:42 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
12 Sep 2017, 4:38 pm #250

(11 Sep 2017, 10:08 pm)Michael Agree, no one ever moans about any other company in the NE when something goes wrong, such as a launch, problems with new buses etc.

"And before anyone moans that there is no need for me to be like this, well I don't give a flying feather", i think the exact same.

You joking? Someone commented the other day there were at least 6 non-Sapphires on the 43/44/45.

(11 Sep 2017, 7:48 pm)Greg in Weardale Just realised that "Tyne Tees Express" has been dropped from the brand which is now simply "X9/X10", a disappointing and illogical change. Brands with just numbers are rather meaningless, like "the 49" and it was a great improvement  changing the boring "Ten" to "Tyne Valley Ten". The "Tyne Tees Express" was relevant and well known.

I agree.
Maybe they're embarrassed to call it an Express now it's been slowed down so much.

S813 FVK

12 Sep 2017, 4:51 pm #251
(12 Sep 2017, 4:30 pm)mb134  Both of the comments in your first two posts imply that the TTX brand was not straight to the point. 

I don't know how you have been able to imply that, given that I was not doing a direct comparison to the TTX brand at that point, nor had I mentioned it.

Reminds me of a discussion in the 2017/8 order predictions thread the other week!
Edited 12 Sep 2017, 4:54 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
12 Sep 2017, 4:51 pm #251

(12 Sep 2017, 4:30 pm)mb134  Both of the comments in your first two posts imply that the TTX brand was not straight to the point. 

I don't know how you have been able to imply that, given that I was not doing a direct comparison to the TTX brand at that point, nor had I mentioned it.

Reminds me of a discussion in the 2017/8 order predictions thread the other week!

12 Sep 2017, 5:54 pm #252
[Image: aed283da8031601cb47fb77da170ebc0.heic]

Ticket I got today when travelling on 6312 has 6012 on it for some reason

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
12 Sep 2017, 5:54 pm #252

[Image: aed283da8031601cb47fb77da170ebc0.heic]

Ticket I got today when travelling on 6312 has 6012 on it for some reason

Malarkey

12 Sep 2017, 6:11 pm #253
(12 Sep 2017, 5:54 pm)TEN 6083 Ticket I got today when travelling on 6312 has 6012 on it for some reason

Would've been the vehicle they had taken the machine from as 6012 was supposed to be withdrawn following Metro Replacements, but went to Percy Main to assist additional PVR due to roadworks in June, no further updates on the NEB Fleetlist to say whether it has been withdrawn or not.
Malarkey
12 Sep 2017, 6:11 pm #253

(12 Sep 2017, 5:54 pm)TEN 6083 Ticket I got today when travelling on 6312 has 6012 on it for some reason

Would've been the vehicle they had taken the machine from as 6012 was supposed to be withdrawn following Metro Replacements, but went to Percy Main to assist additional PVR due to roadworks in June, no further updates on the NEB Fleetlist to say whether it has been withdrawn or not.

S830OFT

12 Sep 2017, 10:38 pm #254
9094 at Saltmeadows before a fitter came and drove her to Deptford.
https://flic.kr/p/YrESaB

S830OFT
12 Sep 2017, 10:38 pm #254

9094 at Saltmeadows before a fitter came and drove her to Deptford.
https://flic.kr/p/YrESaB

13 Sep 2017, 9:21 am #255
Is 9094 in service today ?
Coppercap40
13 Sep 2017, 9:21 am #255

Is 9094 in service today ?

13 Sep 2017, 10:46 am #256
6310 taken off in Heworth about an hour ago and was replaced by 3963 which ended up leaving 15 minutes late and still displaying 'Not in Service'
Dans_bus_photos
13 Sep 2017, 10:46 am #256

6310 taken off in Heworth about an hour ago and was replaced by 3963 which ended up leaving 15 minutes late and still displaying 'Not in Service'

13 Sep 2017, 1:06 pm #257
[Image: 089fb437fa3fed411f3c22b9cb94383e.heic]

5300 has arrived at Hexham, seen it parked as I was going out to Tesco

TEN 6083
13 Sep 2017, 1:06 pm #257

[Image: 089fb437fa3fed411f3c22b9cb94383e.heic]

5300 has arrived at Hexham, seen it parked as I was going out to Tesco

S830OFT

13 Sep 2017, 3:13 pm #258
Go North East 9094 at Roker Beach on service 700.
https://flic.kr/p/Y5He4w

For anyone who wants 9094 it was the 15:53 off Sunderland Interchange.

S830OFT
13 Sep 2017, 3:13 pm #258

Go North East 9094 at Roker Beach on service 700.
https://flic.kr/p/Y5He4w

For anyone who wants 9094 it was the 15:53 off Sunderland Interchange.

S813 FVK

13 Sep 2017, 5:32 pm #259
Have 3885 and 3887 been withdrawn? They have both broken down within the last week (3885 seemed to have a gearbox issue) and I have only seen 3886/9 recently.
S813 FVK
13 Sep 2017, 5:32 pm #259

Have 3885 and 3887 been withdrawn? They have both broken down within the last week (3885 seemed to have a gearbox issue) and I have only seen 3886/9 recently.

S830OFT

13 Sep 2017, 6:05 pm #260
https://flic.kr/p/Xq8iyo

Another photo of 9094.

S830OFT
13 Sep 2017, 6:05 pm #260

https://flic.kr/p/Xq8iyo

Another photo of 9094.

Pages (21) Previous 112 13 1421 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average