Menu

Pages (72)    146 47 4872   
Dan   10 Apr 2019, 5:16 am
(10 Apr 2019, 12:48 am)JM03 wrote Angel is a frequent stopping service. It is good on that but are shocking when I've had it on the X21. Much rather keeps these put, the current fleet are fine as they are, maybe a interior refurb.

What you have to remember is that the 2016 StreetDecks and the 2018 StreetDecks are different buses. Wrightbus have done a lot of work on these buses between the two different batches, one has a Micro-Hybrid 2 system with stop/start engine and the other doesn't.

Micro-Hybrid 3 is now available, and again further development work has been carried out by Wrightbus in the last year to overcome the main issues with the last models. They also now offer a 6-cylinder version of the bus (currently only 4-cylinder).
L469 YVK   10 Apr 2019, 6:06 am
(10 Apr 2019, 5:16 am)Dan wrote What you have to remember is that the 2016 StreetDecks and the 2018 StreetDecks are different buses. Wrightbus have done a lot of work on these buses between the two different batches, one has a Micro-Hybrid 2 system with stop/start engine and the other doesn't.

Micro-Hybrid 3 is now available, and again further development work has been carried out by Wrightbus in the last year to overcome the main issues with the last models. They also now offer a 6-cylinder version of the bus (currently only 4-cylinder).

Not a big fan of the Daimler 5.1 engine. Would probably warm more to the StreetDeck if Wrights offered a 6
7l Cummins with ZF Ecolife. 

Will the new 6 cylinder engine be a daimler?

(10 Apr 2019, 12:48 am)JM03 wrote Angel is a frequent stopping service. It is good on that but are shocking when I've had it on the X21. Much rather keeps these put, the current fleet are fine as they are, maybe a interior refurb.

That's exactly what I think. StreetDecks are fine on the likes of the 21 and would be ideal for the likes of Arriva's 308 service etc. They're not exactly cut out for intense high speed work.

Hope the revisions as Dan mentioned with MicroHybrid 3 make an improvement.
Dan   10 Apr 2019, 6:30 am
(10 Apr 2019, 6:06 am)L469 YVK wrote Not a big fan of the Daimler 5.1 engine. Would probably warm more to the StreetDeck if Wrights offered a 6
7l Cummins with ZF Ecolife. 

Will the new 6 cylinder engine be a daimler?

Same 5.1l Daimler engine, with 6 cylinders offered as option instead of just 4.

I'm not particularly mechanically minded, but more pistons in theory means more power? Does also mean that the bus is no longer low carbon certified.
Jamie M   10 Apr 2019, 8:38 am
(10 Apr 2019, 6:30 am)Dan wrote  Does also mean that the bus is no longer low carbon certified.

This seems.... backwards. They key advantage to me is the low cost of running them, and this seems it will impact negatively on that.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   10 Apr 2019, 11:37 am
(10 Apr 2019, 8:38 am)Jamie M wrote This seems.... backwards. They key advantage to me is the low cost of running them, and this seems it will impact negatively on that.
It's just another product that Wrights offer - the Volvo B5TL is not low carbon certified either so the 6-cylinder StreetDeck would be Wrightbus' competing offering.

The 4-cylinder low carbon version will still be available for operators to purchase.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dan   10 Apr 2019, 11:37 am
(10 Apr 2019, 8:38 am)Jamie M wrote This seems.... backwards. They key advantage to me is the low cost of running them, and this seems it will impact negatively on that.
It's just another product that Wrights offer - the Volvo B5TL is not low carbon certified either so the 6-cylinder StreetDeck would be Wrightbus' competing offering.

The 4-cylinder low carbon version will still be available for operators to purchase.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
cbma06   10 Apr 2019, 4:44 pm
Dan, with the X6/X7 being cancelled, are these 2 routes going to be re registered etc... or a different format?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malarkey   10 Apr 2019, 5:01 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 4:44 pm)cbma06 wrote Dan, with the X6/X7 being cancelled, are these 2 routes going to be re registered etc... or a different format?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the link to Middlesbrough should be reinstated on an hourly basis with other still going to Hartlepool.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   10 Apr 2019, 5:21 pm
(09 Apr 2019, 8:02 pm)L469 YVK wrote I should hope the Red Arrows do not get StreetDecks!

As much I like the products that ADL offer to be honest I don't think the Streetdecks would be a bad option for the X1, The service between Easington Lane and Shiney Row is Stop Start it's only when you get beyond there heading towards Newcastle that the X1 becomes a limited stopping service.

The X1 also tends to spend a fair few minutes at stops like The Galleries and Eldon Square with the engine running revving away, only the select few drivers will turn the engine off. 

Whereas if the service had more fuel efficient buses with the added technology then the running costs of the X1 would come down dramatically which would be a massive benefit given Washington is supposed to be a low cost operation anyway.

I'm sure the X1 B9's are restricted to doing a max of 60mph which is the same for the Streetdecks I believe, i'm sure Dan or someone else on here from GNE can confirm this for me.

Up until November last year I was a daily passenger on the X1 in it's various forms for almost 20 years, I now live in Low Fell and use the 21/X21 on a daily basis to which I confirm the Streetdecks on the 21 are of a better standard than those on the X21.
Michael   10 Apr 2019, 5:39 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 5:21 pm)Malarkey wrote As much I like the products that ADL offer to be honest I don't think the Streetdecks would be a bad option for the X1, The service between Easington Lane and Shiney Row is Stop Start it's only when you get beyond there heading towards Newcastle that the X1 becomes a limited stopping service.

The X1 also tends to spend a fair few minutes at stops like The Galleries and Eldon Square with the engine running revving away, only the select few drivers will turn the engine off. 

Whereas if the service had more fuel efficient buses with the added technology then the running costs of the X1 would come down dramatically which would be a massive benefit given Washington is supposed to be a low cost operation anyway.

I'm sure the X1 B9's are restricted to doing a max of 60mph which is the same for the Streetdecks I believe, i'm sure Dan or someone else on here from GNE can confirm this for me.

Up until November last year I was a daily passenger on the X1 in it's various forms for almost 20 years, I now live in Low Fell and use the 21/X21 on a daily basis to which I confirm the Streetdecks on the 21 are of a better standard than those on the X21.

What ever the X1 gets, its what GNE think is best, I've never been on a Streetdeck so can't say, if they're good or not. 

Wonder when the first buses will arrive?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   10 Apr 2019, 5:45 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 5:21 pm)Malarkey wrote As much I like the products that ADL offer to be honest I don't think the Streetdecks would be a bad option for the X1, The service between Easington Lane and Shiney Row is Stop Start it's only when you get beyond there heading towards Newcastle that the X1 becomes a limited stopping service.

The current StreetDecks in the fleet are limited to 50mph (although the 6-cylinder one might not be).

The Red Arrows B9s are limited to 57mph - you'll only get to that heading down the Washington Highway towards Washington Galleries from Shiney Row though! They're much poorer in terms of power compared to a StreetDeck (or any other bus) following fitment of the AVID e-fans etc.
Michael   10 Apr 2019, 5:50 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 5:45 pm)Dan wrote The current StreetDecks in the fleet are limited to 50mph (although the 6-cylinder one might not be).

The Red Arrows B9s are limited to 57mph - you'll only get to that heading down the Washington Highway towards Washington Galleries from Shiney Row though! They're much poorer in terms of power compared to a StreetDeck (or any other bus) following fitment of the AVID e-fans etc.

Seems buses get worse with modification's... like the AVID e-fans........

Has it been confirmed which services the clean technology modification's are going on?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   10 Apr 2019, 6:05 pm
With major changes happening, i hope they'll be announced at least a month before and not 2 weeks before...... they need to realise people need buses to work and may have to re-organise their whole route!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M   10 Apr 2019, 6:50 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 5:50 pm)Michael wrote Seems buses get worse with modification's... like the AVID e-fans........

Has it been confirmed which services the clean technology modification's are going on?

What's wrong with wor avid e-fans?  Rolleyes
busmanT   10 Apr 2019, 6:57 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 5:45 pm)Dan wrote The current StreetDecks in the fleet are limited to 50mph (although the 6-cylinder one might not be).

The speed limit is set as part of the low carbon certification, 52 mph maximum
Jamie M   10 Apr 2019, 6:59 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 6:57 pm)busmanT wrote The speed limit is set as part of the low carbon certification, 52 mph maximum

This would explain why the salty park streelites are unrestricted up until 58. Not that any of them will be able to get there, but that makes sense.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   10 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm
According to a family member, they have been told in Castletown, that the 36 will be diverted over the Queen Alex bridge instead of passing the Stadium Of Light.

Seems a odd mood, when the 8 also goes that way....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   10 Apr 2019, 7:53 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm)Michael wrote According to a family member, they have been told in Castletown, that the 36 will be diverted over the Queen Alex bridge instead of passing the Stadium Of Light.

If the 36 is not gonna go to Houghton/Chester, I wonder if it will be extended to Peterlee and beyond to replace the X6/X7?
Michael   10 Apr 2019, 8:01 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 7:53 pm)Tom wrote If the 36 is not gonna go to Houghton/Chester, I wonder if it will be extended to Peterlee and beyond to replace the X6/X7?

Maybe, but an hour extension only, can't see a major demand for Peterlee tbh

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   10 Apr 2019, 8:23 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 6:50 pm)Jamie M wrote What's wrong with wor avid e-fans?  Rolleyes

They're bloody noisy things for seconds given we have already addressed effects on performance in someone elses post.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
pbjd   10 Apr 2019, 8:27 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 7:53 pm)Tom wrote If the 36 is not gonna go to Houghton/Chester, I wonder if it will be extended to Peterlee and beyond to replace the X6/X7?

The 36 will run between Houghton and Chester, the 71 is being revived for that section.
Michael   10 Apr 2019, 8:44 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 8:27 pm)pbjd wrote The 36 will run between Houghton and Chester, the 71 is being revived for that section.

Is that meant to say "the 36 will not run between Houghton and Chester?"
Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
N1cholas   10 Apr 2019, 9:06 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 8:44 pm)Michael wrote Is that meant to say "the 36 will not run between Houghton and Chester?"
Tongue

The 36 wont be running anywhere....
Michael   10 Apr 2019, 9:13 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 9:06 pm)N1cholas wrote The 36 wont be running anywhere....

So i take it, nothing is replacing the 36 between Castletown, Hyton Retail Park (bottom part), Stadium of Light, city centre?.... -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
V514DFT   10 Apr 2019, 9:16 pm
If the 11 is only going Whitley Bay-Wallsend then they may aswell just renumber it back to the 17

Kind Regards
Tez
Malarkey   10 Apr 2019, 9:19 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm)Michael wrote According to a family member, they have been told in Castletown, that the 36 will be diverted over the Queen Alex bridge instead of passing the Stadium Of Light.

Would improve reliability on the 36 and offer a faster service into Sunderland from Castletown than what is currently in place.

However I do think it would probably be better to divert the 8 through Castletown before joining the Enterprise Park at the retail bit and then continuing the route into Sunderland adding a few minutes to the service in the process. It would also reinstate an old GNE link from Castletown to Washington.

The latter side of the route I think should be merged into the 33's from Sunderland through to Silksworth then onto Houghton.
N1cholas   10 Apr 2019, 9:34 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 9:13 pm)Michael wrote So i take it, nothing is replacing the 36 between Castletown, Hyton Retail Park (bottom part), Stadium of Light, city centre?.... -.-

This was posted a few pages back 

PB0003954/804 Cancelled 
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Lloyds TSB Bank to CHESTER-LE-ST, CORALS arr via Fence Houses, Houghton Le Spring, Silsworth, Hylton Riverside 
Service number: 36 (36) 
Service type: Normal Stopping 
Effective date: 19 May 2019
Michael   10 Apr 2019, 9:37 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 9:34 pm)N1cholas wrote This was posted a few pages back 

PB0003954/804 Cancelled 
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Lloyds TSB Bank to CHESTER-LE-ST, CORALS arr via Fence Houses, Houghton Le Spring, Silsworth, Hylton Riverside 
Service number: 36 (36) 
Service type: Normal Stopping 
Effective date: 19 May 2019

Ye i seen that, was just wondering if anything was replacing it in North Sunderland...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
N1cholas   10 Apr 2019, 9:41 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 9:37 pm)Michael wrote Ye i seen that, was just wondering if anything was replacing it in North Sunderland...

I have no idea, maybe it isn't busy enough to have 2 routes serving the enterprise park during the day, you may just have the 8 running that way unless the 135/6 is run later on a morning, but i doubt that or use the 35 and have a short walk from the retail park
Michael   10 Apr 2019, 9:56 pm
(10 Apr 2019, 9:41 pm)N1cholas wrote I have no idea, maybe it isn't busy enough to have 2 routes serving the enterprise park during the day, you may just have the 8 running that way unless the 135/6 is run later on a morning, but i doubt that or use the 35 and have a short walk from the retail park

35 takes to long to get to the retail park... 36 is quicker.

Just have to wait and see

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (72)    146 47 4872