You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Tyne and Wear Metro

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro
(06 Dec 2019, 11:08 pm)Ds1197 wrote Think the 27 got deckers and ran in 2s the last time a strike happened

When they striked in 2010/2011, the 27 and 56 ran every 5 minutes, with Winlaton depot providing the extras on the 27.
Seen on a notice board stagecoach are putting extra buses on the X24/X34 do Sunderland depot have enough buses for that or will they have to loan from other areas
Tyne and Wear Metro
(24 Dec 2019, 5:46 pm)TEN 6083 wrote Another strike has been confirmed which will happen on 6th & 7th January

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...d-17470523

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...w-17482489

Strikes been called off

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Tyne and Wear Metro
(14 Jan 2020, 4:05 pm)Andreos1 wrote Might be worth a watch.

4 episodes, 30 minutes each and probably be about 22 minutes long per episode with the adverts taking out, should of been more episodes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyne and Wear Metro
Did anybody watch the first part of the documentary last night? You didnt miss much, if you didn't...

All the focus was on one particular night - the Spice Girls gig at the dark place.

Hopefully the other three episodes are more representative of the Metro system we see day in and day out, not just the fluffy bits that Huw Lewis wants us to see.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(15 Jan 2020, 9:17 pm)Adrian wrote Did anybody watch the first part of the documentary last night? You didnt miss much, if you didn't...

All the focus was on one particular night - the Spice Girls gig at the dark place.

Hopefully the other three episodes are more representative of the Metro system we see day in and day out, not just the fluffy bits that Huw Lewis wants us to see.

I did and it offered little to no real insight whatsoever, was 23 minutes of watching people travelling to/from the Spice Girls

Next week will seemingly just be 23 minutes of angry Newcastle fans

Was hopeful it would be more like the stuff Channel 5 have made like On the Yorkshire Buses which focused on EYMS and Paddington Station 24/7 but it's ITV so comes across as cheap filler tosh.
(15 Jan 2020, 9:17 pm)Adrian wrote Did anybody watch the first part of the documentary last night? You didnt miss much, if you didn't...

I just missed it but evidently didn't miss much. 

Did catch Kirsty and Phil in Cullercoats, tonight, though.
(15 Jan 2020, 10:36 pm)Jimmi wrote I did and it offered little to no real insight whatsoever, was 23 minutes of watching people travelling to/from the Spice Girls

Next week will seemingly just be 23 minutes of angry Newcastle fans

Was hopeful it would be more like the stuff Channel 5 have made like On the Yorkshire Buses which focused on EYMS and Paddington Station 24/7 but it's ITV so comes across as cheap filler tosh.

The only good thing to come out of ITV recently has been Vera, and that's only because they filmed on my old street! (and I do love a good murder mystery)

I recently rewatched On the Yorkshire Buses as I realised the other night it's now available on Amazon Prime!
Tyne and Wear Metro
Spice girls, Newcastle fans, great north run, can’t remember what the other episode is about but there be mostly be like the spice girls episode, nothing in depth of the metro system, would of been better if there were an hour long episodes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres a Metrocar in an advert livery knocking about and it wasnt 4083,didnt manage to catch the unit number,anyone know which one it is?
Kind Regards
Tez
(28 Jan 2020, 11:36 am)deanmachine wrote In before everyone complaining it's not a Japanese manufacturer that merely assembles completely Japanese manufactured trains in a small factory in County Durham.

The irony being, that the EU procurement legislation they followed (https://ec.europa.eu/info/policies/publi...-buyers_en), is supposed to assist taxpayers within member states.

Stadler are based in Switzerland (not in eu last time I checked) and there will be an impact on taxpayers within the areas affected by possible job losses at Hitachi and others who were involved in the tendering process and have sites within the EU...

I wonder if the headline could be 'EU legislation means that work goes out of the EU and EU members and their states suffer as a result of EU legislation'?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Don't the front and rear of trains have to be yellow by law or is that an old thing now. Yellow was in order for trains to be able to be seen in the distance. Definatley image 2 would cause visibility issues.
(04 Feb 2020, 8:53 pm)ifm001 wrote Don't the front and rear of trains have to be yellow by law or is that an old thing now.  Yellow was in order for trains to be able to be seen in the distance.  Definatley image 2 would cause visibility issues.

I believe it was relaxed some years ago now. The TPE class 68s for example don't have a yellow front.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Sunday, 16 February 2020 - No trains between Pelaw and South Hylton
On Sunday 16 February no trains will run between Pelaw and South Hylton to allow for Network Rail work. During the work a replacement bus service, number 901 will be calling at or close to all stations Heworth - South Hylton.

Some late night buses will continue to Regent Centre from Heworth as they do not connect to the last trains. The last bus towards South Hylton will end service at Park Lane. Please check train and bus times before travelling to ensure you have sufficient time for any transport connections.

Replacement bus stop location maps and bus timetables are available below. Your journey will take longer so please check train times and leave extra time for travel.

Does anyone know what work Network rail is doing, i can't find any information on it, it must be big, as the whole section is closed all day and night (first to last metro).
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Feb 2020, 12:24 pm)Michael wrote Sunday, 16 February 2020 - No trains between Pelaw and South Hylton
On Sunday 16 February no trains will run between Pelaw and South Hylton to allow for Network Rail work.  During the work a replacement bus service, number 901 will be calling at or close to all stations Heworth - South Hylton.

Some late night buses will continue to Regent Centre from Heworth as they do not connect to the last trains.  The last bus towards South Hylton will end service at Park Lane.  Please check train and bus times before travelling to ensure you have sufficient time for any transport connections.

Replacement bus stop location maps and bus timetables are available below.  Your journey will take longer so please check train times and leave extra time for travel.

Does anyone know what work Network rail is doing, i can't find any information on it, it must be big, as the whole section is closed all day and night (first to last metro).
It just says engineering work on National Rail website https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx?TravelDate=16%2F02%2F2020&TOC=nt
The Government has today agreed to fund a £100m scheme to increase service frequency, reduce journey times, and improve reliability on the Tyne and Wear Metro.

The Metro Flow project will see an existing freight line upgraded and electrified in South Tyneside from September 2022, making it capable of carrying Metro services, boosting the capacity for an extra 30,000 passenger journeys every day.

Three sections of single track on the Metro network totalling three kilometres will be dualled between Pelaw and Bede Metro stations #Budget2020
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.