Menu

Pages (4) 1 2 3 4   
scanialover   01 Apr 2020, 11:45 am
Anyone got any ideas, news about what is happening with the Arriva fleets in light of the current situation. What is being kept on the road and what delicensed/stored.? Passed Stockton depot recently but was before the current timetables started.
Ryland   01 Apr 2020, 5:11 pm
Are we to expect the new time table change to go ahead this weekend
peter   01 Apr 2020, 6:20 pm
(01 Apr 2020, 5:11 pm)Ryland wrote Are we to expect the new time table change to go ahead this weekend

Judging by the Arriva site, the changes in Redcar & East Cleveland will not be going ahead for the foreseeable future, as the page on the website detailing the changes indicates they have now been postponed. The changes that are to happen in County Durham/Darlington and Northumberland/Tyne & Wear do not have the same message stating they have been postponed. 

This would suggest that the timetable changes in County Durham and Northumberland will be imposed when service levels return to normal (whenever that may be) whereas the Redcar changes will occur at an announced date in the future. This seems fair enough to me as the Redcar changes were quite significant whereas the other changes were all relatively minor (a handful of journeys added, removed or revised was the greatest extent of them really).

(01 Apr 2020, 11:45 am)scanialover wrote Anyone got any ideas, news about what is happening with the Arriva fleets in light of the current situation. What is being kept on the road and what  delicensed/stored.? Passed Stockton depot recently but was before the current timetables started.

A quick check of the bustimes fleet lists provides a hint as to which buses may have been delicensed judging by the dates they were last used:

https://bustimes.org/operators/arriva-du...y/vehicles
https://bustimes.org/operators/arriva-no...a/vehicles

For example (assuming the dates provided are correct): None of Durham's Streetlites or ALX400s, Darlington's Omnicities or Enviro 400's, Blyth's MPDs or 59-reg Gemini's or Jesmond's Streetlites have operated since the weekend or even earlier
Jimmi   01 Apr 2020, 10:41 pm
(01 Apr 2020, 6:20 pm)peter wrote Judging by the Arriva site, the changes in Redcar & East Cleveland will not be going ahead for the foreseeable future, as the page on the website detailing the changes indicates they have now been postponed. The changes that are to happen in County Durham/Darlington and Northumberland/Tyne & Wear do not have the same message stating they have been postponed. 

This would suggest that the timetable changes in County Durham and Northumberland will be imposed when service levels return to normal (whenever that may be) whereas the Redcar changes will occur at an announced date in the future. This seems fair enough to me as the Redcar changes were quite significant whereas the other changes were all relatively minor (a handful of journeys added, removed or revised was the greatest extent of them really).

The service changes planned to be implemented from this weekend in all areas have been postponed until a currently undetermined date (County Durham & Darlington, Teesside and East Cleveland).
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
peter   02 Apr 2020, 7:20 am
(01 Apr 2020, 10:41 pm)Jimmi wrote The service changes planned to be implemented from this weekend in all areas have been postponed until a currently undetermined date (County Durham & Darlington, Teesside and East Cleveland).

It would be helpful if Arriva put this on the service updates pages for the service changes in all areas then!
scanialover   03 Apr 2020, 3:02 pm
Nothing on service updates (ANE) and no-one has come to life here so must guess we have no changes to the present emergency timetables. GNE and StagecoachNE have posted .
Michael   03 Apr 2020, 3:11 pm
(03 Apr 2020, 3:02 pm)scanialover wrote Nothing on service updates (ANE) and no-one has come to life here so must guess we have no changes to the present emergency timetables. GNE and StagecoachNE have posted .

Check just incase

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Storx   03 Apr 2020, 7:27 pm
There's extra buses on the 95 and changes to the 46, 55, 552 and 555. Not a clue what they are just seen it on Facebook from the 6th April.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
scanialover   03 Apr 2020, 7:32 pm
Which 95 are we talking about? Not the Whitby one surely.
Storx   03 Apr 2020, 7:35 pm
(03 Apr 2020, 7:32 pm)scanialover wrote Which 95 are we talking about? Not the Whitby one surely.

Not a clue tbh, it's just not Arriva Northumbria. Looks like it could be though as I don't think there's another 95.
Cock Robin   04 Apr 2020, 9:16 pm
Apparently Redcar (maybe all depots?) stopped giving tickets out to concessionary pass holders to save money from Wednesday.
mb134   05 Apr 2020, 8:25 am
(04 Apr 2020, 9:16 pm)Cock Robin wrote Apparently Redcar (maybe all depots?) stopped giving tickets out to concessionary pass holders to save money.

It's to further try to eliminate contact between drivers and passengers.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Cock Robin   06 Apr 2020, 12:01 pm
62s don't seem to be showing on the tracker. Think interworking with 64A as saw 4717 on earlier but 62 journeys not showing.
No 5s either.
scanialover   06 Apr 2020, 12:14 pm
Notice on 1489 , service 17 trip out of Middlesbrough at 1130 asking people not to stand in front of a taped line just behind the front axle. Common sense really but one or two travellers still haven't got the hang of this social distancing thing
Cock Robin   07 Apr 2020, 1:02 pm
Stockton 5s and Redcar 62s still not showing on the tracker.
Jimmi   07 Apr 2020, 1:37 pm
(07 Apr 2020, 1:02 pm)Cock Robin wrote Stockton 5s and Redcar 62s still not showing on the tracker.
A lack of tracking on BusTimes is likely to be an issue pretty much throughout this pandemic due to short notice changes to routes and timetables, been the case for most operators on there.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Storx   09 Apr 2020, 8:24 pm
Just curious does anyone know how Arriva Northumbria have decided which buses are still on the road as there's some very bizarre choices. Ashington And Blyth keeping darts on the road and taking the Solos off. Jesmond taking the whole streetlite fleet off yet keeping the 51/02 plate Volve B7TL's on the road are just a couple. Surely the darts and 18 year old deckers can't be more economical than newer stuff and there's newer Enviro's off the road at Jesmond aswell or are these just all knackered?

Edit: then again it doesn't like they've actually withdrawn anything as everything is still taxed.

Also am I right in saying the 57 on Sundays and evening is ran 1 bus from Blyth and 1 bus from Ashington now. Notice there's a Streetlite and a Gemini 2 on which is a bit overkill.
Stuartphin1639   09 Apr 2020, 11:41 pm
(09 Apr 2020, 8:24 pm)Storx wrote Just curious does anyone know how Arriva Northumbria have decided which buses are still on the road as there's some very bizarre choices. Ashington And Blyth keeping darts on the road and taking the Solos off. Jesmond taking the whole streetlite fleet off yet keeping the 51/02 plate Volve B7TL's on the road are just a couple. Surely the darts and 18 year old deckers can't be more economical than newer stuff and there's newer Enviro's off the road at Jesmond aswell or are these just all knackered?

Edit: then again it doesn't like they've actually withdrawn anything as everything is still taxed.

Also am I right in saying the 57 on Sundays and evening is ran 1 bus from Blyth and 1 bus from Ashington now. Notice there's a Streetlite and a Gemini 2 on which is a bit overkill.

In all fairness I think everything will be getting a run out between now and when everything returns back to normal, part of the mothballed fleet at Darlington are the Enviro 400s but yesterday they were back in frontline service with all the streetlites bar a couple taking the day off, the Scania omnicitys are apparently being driven by engineers to keep them moving around, the last thing you want is the to keep the same buses out during the pandemic and then for it to all return to normal then the majority of the fleet will possibly have seized up breaks or have mechanical issues
mb134   09 Apr 2020, 11:43 pm
(09 Apr 2020, 8:24 pm)Storx wrote Just curious does anyone know how Arriva Northumbria have decided which buses are still on the road as there's some very bizarre choices. Ashington And Blyth keeping darts on the road and taking the Solos off. Jesmond taking the whole streetlite fleet off yet keeping the 51/02 plate Volve B7TL's on the road are just a couple. Surely the darts and 18 year old deckers can't be more economical than newer stuff and there's newer Enviro's off the road at Jesmond aswell or are these just all knackered?

For Jesmond it'll be to provide increased capacity. 

Ashington and Blyth using MPDs may also be due to seats, or even how reliable/fuel efficient they are. Possibly also if the MPDs have recently had MOTs etc then they'll need less work done to them. 

I imagine, as said above, though that Arriva's engineering has looked at it and decided that it might be better to keep as much of the fleet as possible in use in rotation.
scanialover   10 Apr 2020, 1:47 pm
Would suggest that Arriva, at least Dormanstown and Stockton which are on my patch, are rotating vehicles, as opposed to taking a number out of service. Don't get to see that many due to keeping to the guidelines but that's what it looks like. Anyone else got any thoughts.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   10 Apr 2020, 1:51 pm
(10 Apr 2020, 1:47 pm)scanialover wrote Would suggest that Arriva, at least Dormanstown and Stockton which are on my patch, are rotating vehicles, as opposed to taking a number out of service. Don't get to see that many due to keeping to the guidelines but that's what it looks like. Anyone else got any thoughts.

The 3/X4 has been mainly Streetlites, but there's a Temsa on the 3 today.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Storx   10 Apr 2020, 2:40 pm
(09 Apr 2020, 11:43 pm)mb134 wrote For Jesmond it'll be to provide increased capacity. 

Ashington and Blyth using MPDs may also be due to seats, or even how reliable/fuel efficient they are. Possibly also if the MPDs have recently had MOTs etc then they'll need less work done to them. 

I imagine, as said above, though that Arriva's engineering has looked at it and decided that it might be better to keep as much of the fleet as possible in use in rotation.

It just seems an odd choice to increase the capacity so much on routes which don't usually have deckers but it seems Arriva have a different approach up here than GNE as I've noticed Blyth aren't using the Solos and are using the Pulsars instead so it seems they have put the passenger first rather than money by giving more space to spread out.

(10 Apr 2020, 1:47 pm)scanialover wrote Would suggest that Arriva, at least Dormanstown and Stockton which are on my patch, are rotating vehicles, as opposed to taking a number out of service. Don't get to see that many due to keeping to the guidelines but that's what it looks like. Anyone else got any thoughts.

Arriva definitely haven't withdrawn anything as if you search any bus on https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk nothing is SORN whereas all the GNE and Stagecoach withdrawn buses are. They've even renewed the tax for some vehicles including NK05 GVX (1760) which has pretty much been on the 58 everyday the past week which would be the first bus you'd withdraw otherwise.
Cock Robin   10 Apr 2020, 3:10 pm
Vehicles have been taken off. They have notices in them regarding corona virus and instructing not to remove parts.
I believe which have come off is partly due to which are due to come up for test?
As you can only get a refund for a full month if they weren't delicensed until after 1st April they won't save anything unless they are still delicensed at the end of May?
I would hope it's not going on that long!
scanialover   10 Apr 2020, 3:24 pm
Go along with that. Vehicles that are approaching their test date and those that are, shall I say, potentially unreliable, should really be confined to the depot. Maybe give engineering the chance to work on these.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   10 Apr 2020, 4:17 pm
MPDs are withdrawn at Ashington. StreetLites operating in their place.
Storx   10 Apr 2020, 5:00 pm
(10 Apr 2020, 4:17 pm)omnicity4659 wrote MPDs are withdrawn at Ashington. StreetLites operating in their place.

Are you sure about that? The past week it's been the 2 Streetlites and 1800 and 1801 running the 57/57A. Haven't seen a Solo in weeks now.
cbma06   10 Apr 2020, 5:08 pm
(10 Apr 2020, 3:10 pm)Cock Robin wrote Vehicles have been taken off. They have notices in them regarding corona virus and instructing not to remove parts.
I believe which have come off is partly due to which are due to come up for test?
As you can only get a refund for a full month if they weren't delicensed until after 1st April they won't save anything unless they are still delicensed at the end of May?
I would hope it's not going on that long!

This lockdown will be at least 3 months, the number of people catching the virus has to decline first of all and less deaths before any sign of reducing the lockdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter   10 Apr 2020, 6:22 pm
(10 Apr 2020, 4:17 pm)omnicity4659 wrote MPDs are withdrawn at Ashington. StreetLites operating in their place.

(10 Apr 2020, 5:00 pm)Storx wrote Are you sure about that? The past week it's been the 2 Streetlites and 1800 and 1801 running the 57/57A. Haven't seen a Solo in weeks now.

He may be referring to today specifically as there are 2 Streetlites and a Pulsar operating the 57a. However for the past three days there were in fact 2 MPDs (1800/01), a Streetlite (1580) and a Solo (2812) all operating according to bustimes.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S830OFT   10 Apr 2020, 6:24 pm
MPDs don't work on Public Holidays as the North Shields section is subsidised by Nexus...

BusLoverMum   10 Apr 2020, 10:14 pm

Belmont's allocations are heinz 57, too.
Pages (4) 1 2 3 4