Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 151 52 53150 Next
big mac

20 Sep 2020, 1:07 pm #1,021
(20 Sep 2020, 12:03 pm)OrangeArrow49 93/94 serves Gateshead Quays, Newcastle is a short walk away or a short bus ride on the Q1/Q2 services.  No reason to extend the 93/94. Workers service 941 links Newcastle and Team Valley via the Metrocentre. GNE should operate a service Newcastle - Metrocentre - Team Valley, but not via the West End of Newcastle like the 941 service.
Only at peak times does the 941 operate, though. With the Team Valley bring such a large area of employment, not everyone there works 9-5 Monday to Friday. There's loads of factories, warehouses etc that are open all hours. Those who don't do traditional office hours on the Valley aren't very well served by bus. Also why not make Retail World easier to get to directly from Newcastle?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
big mac
20 Sep 2020, 1:07 pm #1,021

(20 Sep 2020, 12:03 pm)OrangeArrow49 93/94 serves Gateshead Quays, Newcastle is a short walk away or a short bus ride on the Q1/Q2 services.  No reason to extend the 93/94. Workers service 941 links Newcastle and Team Valley via the Metrocentre. GNE should operate a service Newcastle - Metrocentre - Team Valley, but not via the West End of Newcastle like the 941 service.
Only at peak times does the 941 operate, though. With the Team Valley bring such a large area of employment, not everyone there works 9-5 Monday to Friday. There's loads of factories, warehouses etc that are open all hours. Those who don't do traditional office hours on the Valley aren't very well served by bus. Also why not make Retail World easier to get to directly from Newcastle?

LVK 404L

20 Sep 2020, 1:11 pm #1,022
(20 Sep 2020, 1:07 pm)big mac Only at peak times does the 941 operate, though.  With the Team Valley bring such a large area of employment, not everyone there works 9-5 Monday to Friday.  There's loads of factories, warehouses etc that are open all hours.  Those who don't do traditional office hours on the Valley aren't very well served by bus.

Few years back Nexus did contract an hourly daily service from South Shields to Metrocentre via the Team Valley  591 operated by Classic.  With Classic also covering dead mileage in the opposite directions with a commercial X91.  The service was quite well used but as usual they removed funding.  The services if incan remember used to operate from about 0900 in the morning til approx 2200 in the evening  so Team Valley to Metrocentre did have a good service., along with the OK 809 also operating Team Valley to Metrocentre
LVK 404L
20 Sep 2020, 1:11 pm #1,022

(20 Sep 2020, 1:07 pm)big mac Only at peak times does the 941 operate, though.  With the Team Valley bring such a large area of employment, not everyone there works 9-5 Monday to Friday.  There's loads of factories, warehouses etc that are open all hours.  Those who don't do traditional office hours on the Valley aren't very well served by bus.

Few years back Nexus did contract an hourly daily service from South Shields to Metrocentre via the Team Valley  591 operated by Classic.  With Classic also covering dead mileage in the opposite directions with a commercial X91.  The service was quite well used but as usual they removed funding.  The services if incan remember used to operate from about 0900 in the morning til approx 2200 in the evening  so Team Valley to Metrocentre did have a good service., along with the OK 809 also operating Team Valley to Metrocentre

V514DFT

20 Sep 2020, 2:50 pm #1,023
Dont GNE still run the 91? which runs Newcastle-Team Valley

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
20 Sep 2020, 2:50 pm #1,023

Dont GNE still run the 91? which runs Newcastle-Team Valley

Kind Regards
Tez

20 Sep 2020, 7:10 pm #1,024
(20 Sep 2020, 11:30 am)ASX_Terranova New Services X3/X3A: Sunderland - Southwick - Enterprise Park - Castletown - Waterview Park - Teal Farm - Peel Retail Park - Suglrave - Concord - Washington Galleries - Team Valley (X3A) - Metrocentre - Newcastle

Revised Service 29: Newcastle - Gateshead - Bensham - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Kibblesworth - Birtley

New Service 29A :Newcasstle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Birtley  - Barley Mow - Portobello]

Revised Service 33: Increase to 15 Minutes, Merge with Nexus 37 (33A) & 35 Between East Herrington & Houghton (33B, Giving 3 bph along with 35/35A). If you look at it Section between sunderland and houghton has gone down from 6 GNE buses to just 2

There's a reason why New Herrington only has 2 buses an hour now. The 35 is plenty for that section.
deanmachine
20 Sep 2020, 7:10 pm #1,024

(20 Sep 2020, 11:30 am)ASX_Terranova New Services X3/X3A: Sunderland - Southwick - Enterprise Park - Castletown - Waterview Park - Teal Farm - Peel Retail Park - Suglrave - Concord - Washington Galleries - Team Valley (X3A) - Metrocentre - Newcastle

Revised Service 29: Newcastle - Gateshead - Bensham - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Kibblesworth - Birtley

New Service 29A :Newcasstle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Birtley  - Barley Mow - Portobello]

Revised Service 33: Increase to 15 Minutes, Merge with Nexus 37 (33A) & 35 Between East Herrington & Houghton (33B, Giving 3 bph along with 35/35A). If you look at it Section between sunderland and houghton has gone down from 6 GNE buses to just 2

There's a reason why New Herrington only has 2 buses an hour now. The 35 is plenty for that section.

20 Sep 2020, 8:10 pm #1,025
Is there really that much of a demand for a Newcastle to Team Valley service? When I travel to/from the Team Valley, it's rare to see anyone change onto a Newcastle bound bus, they usually either go east or west.
Pretty much everyone I see has at least a day ticket, so it'd be easy for them to work out travel patterns, and introduce a direct service if the demand was there

I'm less than a mile away and the only reason I ever go to Team Valley is to go to Toolstation or Screwfix, and even then it's only because it's easier by bus compared to the Scotswood branches, which is actually slightly quicker by car.
streetdeckfan
20 Sep 2020, 8:10 pm #1,025

Is there really that much of a demand for a Newcastle to Team Valley service? When I travel to/from the Team Valley, it's rare to see anyone change onto a Newcastle bound bus, they usually either go east or west.
Pretty much everyone I see has at least a day ticket, so it'd be easy for them to work out travel patterns, and introduce a direct service if the demand was there

I'm less than a mile away and the only reason I ever go to Team Valley is to go to Toolstation or Screwfix, and even then it's only because it's easier by bus compared to the Scotswood branches, which is actually slightly quicker by car.

21 Sep 2020, 9:26 am #1,026
(20 Sep 2020, 8:10 pm)streetdeckfan Is there really that much of a demand for a Newcastle to Team Valley service? When I travel to/from the Team Valley, it's rare to see anyone change onto a Newcastle bound bus, they usually either go east or west.

Not really a suggestion, but does anyone have a drawing of a Solo SR in apple green I could borrow. 
This is though: Renumber X6/X7 to 62/63 (If their no longer xlines anymore)

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
21 Sep 2020, 9:26 am #1,026

(20 Sep 2020, 8:10 pm)streetdeckfan Is there really that much of a demand for a Newcastle to Team Valley service? When I travel to/from the Team Valley, it's rare to see anyone change onto a Newcastle bound bus, they usually either go east or west.

Not really a suggestion, but does anyone have a drawing of a Solo SR in apple green I could borrow. 
This is though: Renumber X6/X7 to 62/63 (If their no longer xlines anymore)

Storx

21 Sep 2020, 12:20 pm #1,027
(19 Sep 2020, 5:05 pm)ASX_Terranova Hexham to Stanhope/Crook

This isn't any malace but I've been watching your service suggestions for awhile and there's something you should do and it might give you new ideas and better suggestions.

What you should do is get a map up and make some lists of places or even mark the map which are the following:
  1. Super destinations: The main places city centres / shopping centres; Washington, Chester Le Street, Newcastle, Gateshead, Metro Centre, QE Hospital etc.
  2. Secondary destinations: Important hubs for work or local shopping but not regional importance: Birtley, Wrekenton, Low Fell, Whickham, Team Valley etc.
  3. Local destinations: Supermarkets, doctors, Teal Farm, Harlow Green etc.
From the 3 new lists you've made, you now need to try and connect them together with routes which then take into account the local destinations for each of the places you pass and which secondary destinations apply for them and try and at least connect them to 1 super destination (ideally 2 at both ends). Ideally if you can, all routes shouldn't intersect each other outside of destinations so for example if you wanted a Wrekenton to Metro Centre and CLS to Newcastle service then they should cross each other at a destination ie. Low Fell rather than just randomly say at Harlow Green and any end to end routes should ideally be the quickest way otherwise you may aswell split them or they're probably not the right route (I was looking at your X7 on your blog) to take or could service a better place. Oh and any express services ideally should be only stopping at the 3 lists you've made above bit like the X1 does now between Shiney Row and Newcastle.

If you ever look at a network map it's basically what happens anyway but I can guarantee if you done it you'll find gaps in the current services between important places Smile
Storx
21 Sep 2020, 12:20 pm #1,027

(19 Sep 2020, 5:05 pm)ASX_Terranova Hexham to Stanhope/Crook

This isn't any malace but I've been watching your service suggestions for awhile and there's something you should do and it might give you new ideas and better suggestions.

What you should do is get a map up and make some lists of places or even mark the map which are the following:
  1. Super destinations: The main places city centres / shopping centres; Washington, Chester Le Street, Newcastle, Gateshead, Metro Centre, QE Hospital etc.
  2. Secondary destinations: Important hubs for work or local shopping but not regional importance: Birtley, Wrekenton, Low Fell, Whickham, Team Valley etc.
From the 3 new lists you've made, you now need to try and connect them together with routes which then take into account the local destinations for each of the places you pass and which secondary destinations apply for them and try and at least connect them to 1 super destination (ideally 2 at both ends). Ideally if you can, all routes shouldn't intersect each other outside of destinations so for example if you wanted a Wrekenton to Metro Centre and CLS to Newcastle service then they should cross each other at a destination ie. Low Fell rather than just randomly say at Harlow Green and any end to end routes should ideally be the quickest way otherwise you may aswell split them or they're probably not the right route (I was looking at your X7 on your blog) to take or could service a better place. Oh and any express services ideally should be only stopping at the 3 lists you've made above bit like the X1 does now between Shiney Row and Newcastle.

If you ever look at a network map it's basically what happens anyway but I can guarantee if you done it you'll find gaps in the current services between important places Smile

21 Sep 2020, 12:33 pm #1,028
(21 Sep 2020, 12:20 pm)Storx This isn't any malace but I've been watching your service suggestions for awhile and there's something you should do and it might give you new ideas and better suggestions.

thanks for the advice, here is my newest suggestion.  
H1: Was originally 3 different services but merged together to save vehicle mileage and pvr. (If I ever get a bit of money, might try and run this commercially myself)
Attached Files
.pdf
H1 Timetable.pdf
Size 886.02 KB / Downloads 31

ASX_Terranova
21 Sep 2020, 12:33 pm #1,028

(21 Sep 2020, 12:20 pm)Storx This isn't any malace but I've been watching your service suggestions for awhile and there's something you should do and it might give you new ideas and better suggestions.

thanks for the advice, here is my newest suggestion.  
H1: Was originally 3 different services but merged together to save vehicle mileage and pvr. (If I ever get a bit of money, might try and run this commercially myself)

Attached Files
.pdf
H1 Timetable.pdf
Size 886.02 KB / Downloads 31

cbma06

21 Sep 2020, 1:01 pm #1,029
(21 Sep 2020, 12:33 pm)ASX_Terranova thanks for the advice, here is my newest suggestion.  

What 3 services were merged and what’s the business case for the suggested H1 service?

I’ve already suggested to GNE by email renumbering X6/ 7 to 62/63 a few months ago, but there are no definite plans at the moment for X6/X7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
21 Sep 2020, 1:01 pm #1,029

(21 Sep 2020, 12:33 pm)ASX_Terranova thanks for the advice, here is my newest suggestion.  

What 3 services were merged and what’s the business case for the suggested H1 service?

I’ve already suggested to GNE by email renumbering X6/ 7 to 62/63 a few months ago, but there are no definite plans at the moment for X6/X7

21 Sep 2020, 2:06 pm #1,030
(21 Sep 2020, 1:01 pm)cbma06 What 3 services were merged and what’s the business case for the suggested H1 service?

The Nexus 68, Another suggesrition (T1, Washington to Barnwell 493-esque) and a competing service for the 4.

ASX_Terranova
21 Sep 2020, 2:06 pm #1,030

(21 Sep 2020, 1:01 pm)cbma06 What 3 services were merged and what’s the business case for the suggested H1 service?

The Nexus 68, Another suggesrition (T1, Washington to Barnwell 493-esque) and a competing service for the 4.

big mac

21 Sep 2020, 5:31 pm #1,031

Pre covid, the 91 between Newcastle and Team Valley always seemed to have decent passenger numbers on it. So, there is obviously people travelling to and from there. Although I know that's a peak time service so hard to know what it would be like outside peak hours.

I'd also suggest sending the 93 and 94 over to Newcastle as much for the Allerdene area to have a more frequent service to Newcastle as well as for the Team Valley.

big mac
21 Sep 2020, 5:31 pm #1,031

Pre covid, the 91 between Newcastle and Team Valley always seemed to have decent passenger numbers on it. So, there is obviously people travelling to and from there. Although I know that's a peak time service so hard to know what it would be like outside peak hours.

I'd also suggest sending the 93 and 94 over to Newcastle as much for the Allerdene area to have a more frequent service to Newcastle as well as for the Team Valley.

BoroLad

21 Sep 2020, 7:24 pm #1,032
(21 Sep 2020, 5:31 pm)big mac Pre covid, the 91 between Newcastle and Team Valley always seemed to have decent passenger numbers on it.  So, there is obviously people travelling to and from there.  Although I know that's a peak time service so hard to know what it would be like outside peak hours.

I would imagine the big off-peak demand would be to and from Retail World, as opposed to the more industrial central/northern parts of the Team Valley (the latter has a number of alternative services anyway). Would it add much time to send the 28A up to Retail World before it stops at Sainsbury's? That could be a useful trial, to see if demand is there.
BoroLad
21 Sep 2020, 7:24 pm #1,032

(21 Sep 2020, 5:31 pm)big mac Pre covid, the 91 between Newcastle and Team Valley always seemed to have decent passenger numbers on it.  So, there is obviously people travelling to and from there.  Although I know that's a peak time service so hard to know what it would be like outside peak hours.

I would imagine the big off-peak demand would be to and from Retail World, as opposed to the more industrial central/northern parts of the Team Valley (the latter has a number of alternative services anyway). Would it add much time to send the 28A up to Retail World before it stops at Sainsbury's? That could be a useful trial, to see if demand is there.

big mac

21 Sep 2020, 7:38 pm #1,033
(21 Sep 2020, 7:24 pm)BoroLad I would imagine the big off-peak demand would be to and from Retail World, as opposed to the more industrial central/northern parts of the Team Valley (the latter has a number of alternative services anyway). Would it add much time to send the 28A up to Retail World before it stops at Sainsbury's? That could be a useful trial, to see if demand is there.
I would imagine sending the 28a through Retail World would probably wind up those travelling from Ouston and Pelton etc who already face a long enough journey as it is to get to Newcastle what with it going through Kibblesworth.

big mac
21 Sep 2020, 7:38 pm #1,033

(21 Sep 2020, 7:24 pm)BoroLad I would imagine the big off-peak demand would be to and from Retail World, as opposed to the more industrial central/northern parts of the Team Valley (the latter has a number of alternative services anyway). Would it add much time to send the 28A up to Retail World before it stops at Sainsbury's? That could be a useful trial, to see if demand is there.
I would imagine sending the 28a through Retail World would probably wind up those travelling from Ouston and Pelton etc who already face a long enough journey as it is to get to Newcastle what with it going through Kibblesworth.

LVK 404L

21 Sep 2020, 8:15 pm #1,034
I'd suggest introducing the X32 as a full daytime route but slightly amend the route to observe Kibblesworth and operate full length of Team Valley. Operating once an hour both directions.
This could possibly allow for review of services 28A and 29,
LVK 404L
21 Sep 2020, 8:15 pm #1,034

I'd suggest introducing the X32 as a full daytime route but slightly amend the route to observe Kibblesworth and operate full length of Team Valley. Operating once an hour both directions.

21 Sep 2020, 10:53 pm #1,035
(21 Sep 2020, 8:15 pm)ifm001 I'd suggest introducing the X32 as a full daytime route but slightly amend the route to observe Kibblesworth and operate full length of Team Valley. Operating once an hour both directions.
As soon as i read this the 709/728 came to mind.

ASX_Terranova
21 Sep 2020, 10:53 pm #1,035

(21 Sep 2020, 8:15 pm)ifm001 I'd suggest introducing the X32 as a full daytime route but slightly amend the route to observe Kibblesworth and operate full length of Team Valley. Operating once an hour both directions.
As soon as i read this the 709/728 came to mind.

Andreos1

22 Sep 2020, 8:35 am #1,036

It's a few years back now, but I made a similar suggestion on here.
However, rather than it operate via Ouston, it continued up towards Sunniside/Tanfield Railway from Kibblesworth.
This would mean the 28a could omit Kibblesworth and obviously save from the journey time.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Sep 2020, 8:35 am #1,036

It's a few years back now, but I made a similar suggestion on here.
However, rather than it operate via Ouston, it continued up towards Sunniside/Tanfield Railway from Kibblesworth.
This would mean the 28a could omit Kibblesworth and obviously save from the journey time.

22 Sep 2020, 12:56 pm #1,037
(22 Sep 2020, 8:35 am)Andreos1 It's a few years back now, but I made a similar suggestion on here.
I had idea for an service exactly the same think it was the X5
Also Here is my updated H1 (replaces part of nexus 68) with H2 (replaces nexus 93A and TB29)
Edited 22 Sep 2020, 1:00 pm by ASX_Terranova.
Attached Files
.pdf
H1-H2 Timetable.pdf
Size 30.99 KB / Downloads 16

ASX_Terranova
22 Sep 2020, 12:56 pm #1,037

(22 Sep 2020, 8:35 am)Andreos1 It's a few years back now, but I made a similar suggestion on here.
I had idea for an service exactly the same think it was the X5
Also Here is my updated H1 (replaces part of nexus 68) with H2 (replaces nexus 93A and TB29)

Attached Files
.pdf
H1-H2 Timetable.pdf
Size 30.99 KB / Downloads 16

Drifter60

22 Sep 2020, 2:54 pm #1,038

I’m not really understanding the reasoning behind renumbering the X6/X7? They’re still much faster than other GNE services on all sections of the route. 
  • Sunderland-Seaham, 15 mins on X6/X7 vs 29 mins on 60
  • Sunderland-Peterlee, 35 mins on X6 or 30 mins on X7 vs 56 mins on 55 
  • Peterlee-Seaham, 20 mins on X6 or 15 mins on X7 vs 48 mins on 202
  • Dalton Park-Seaham, 8 mins on X6 vs 15 mins on 202/265 
  • Dalton Park-Sunderland, 24 mins on X6 vs 27 mins on 61 daytime route. 
Take away the ‘X’ then you lose that appeal of it being a much quicker service compared to local routes. In my view the X6/X7 are what XLINES is all about, faster buses connecting the major centres of Sunderland, Seaham & Peterlee. In Peterlee, they’re limited stop still, in Seaham they now serve all stops after Byron Place, but they aren’t exactly major or well used bus stops, quite the opposite in fact and that was only as very easy painless way to compensate for the loss of the 238.

The only change I’d make to the services is to have it half hourly through Dalton Park especially as it’s standalone now so there’s lots of layover in the timetable?
Drifter60
22 Sep 2020, 2:54 pm #1,038

I’m not really understanding the reasoning behind renumbering the X6/X7? They’re still much faster than other GNE services on all sections of the route. 
  • Sunderland-Seaham, 15 mins on X6/X7 vs 29 mins on 60
  • Sunderland-Peterlee, 35 mins on X6 or 30 mins on X7 vs 56 mins on 55 
  • Peterlee-Seaham, 20 mins on X6 or 15 mins on X7 vs 48 mins on 202
  • Dalton Park-Seaham, 8 mins on X6 vs 15 mins on 202/265 
  • Dalton Park-Sunderland, 24 mins on X6 vs 27 mins on 61 daytime route. 
Take away the ‘X’ then you lose that appeal of it being a much quicker service compared to local routes. In my view the X6/X7 are what XLINES is all about, faster buses connecting the major centres of Sunderland, Seaham & Peterlee. In Peterlee, they’re limited stop still, in Seaham they now serve all stops after Byron Place, but they aren’t exactly major or well used bus stops, quite the opposite in fact and that was only as very easy painless way to compensate for the loss of the 238.

The only change I’d make to the services is to have it half hourly through Dalton Park especially as it’s standalone now so there’s lots of layover in the timetable?

Andreos1

22 Sep 2020, 3:11 pm #1,039
(22 Sep 2020, 12:56 pm)ASX_Terranova I had idea for an service exactly the same think it was the X5

Great minds!  Wink

Andreos1
22 Sep 2020, 3:11 pm #1,039

(22 Sep 2020, 12:56 pm)ASX_Terranova I had idea for an service exactly the same think it was the X5

Great minds!  Wink

22 Sep 2020, 4:31 pm #1,040
(22 Sep 2020, 3:11 pm)Andreos1 Great minds!  Wink
Since I made that post i've added an H3, also could it be worth extending 29 to Stanley
Attached Files
.pdf
H1-H2-H3 Timetable.pdf
Size 35.87 KB / Downloads 19

ASX_Terranova
22 Sep 2020, 4:31 pm #1,040

(22 Sep 2020, 3:11 pm)Andreos1 Great minds!  Wink
Since I made that post i've added an H3, also could it be worth extending 29 to Stanley

Attached Files
.pdf
H1-H2-H3 Timetable.pdf
Size 35.87 KB / Downloads 19

Pages (150) Previous 151 52 53150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average