Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 154 55 56150 Next
xpm

01 Jan 2021, 8:50 pm #1,081
X83 - there just isn’t the demand for passengers even before Covid-19 through ovington/ovingham/wylam and even heddon anymore.  It’s already a trek from newbrough to the town without making it go the x84 route too.  Now if you dropped these out as well as heddon and Denton burn, you might just have something, particularly in peak commuter time.

X86 a non- starter, can’t get anything bigger than a transit van over ovingham bridge - and even that isn’t pleasant.

Ad122/x122 - route can’t be done in an hour - too long to be a competitor to the already long 685, and next to nil traffic for Gilsland/birdoswald, asides a few days here and there in peak holiday seasons, 185 covers this.  Not going to go to a PVR of 3 - there just isn’t the reward to justify it.
xpm
01 Jan 2021, 8:50 pm #1,081

X83 - there just isn’t the demand for passengers even before Covid-19 through ovington/ovingham/wylam and even heddon anymore.  It’s already a trek from newbrough to the town without making it go the x84 route too.  Now if you dropped these out as well as heddon and Denton burn, you might just have something, particularly in peak commuter time.

X86 a non- starter, can’t get anything bigger than a transit van over ovingham bridge - and even that isn’t pleasant.

Ad122/x122 - route can’t be done in an hour - too long to be a competitor to the already long 685, and next to nil traffic for Gilsland/birdoswald, asides a few days here and there in peak holiday seasons, 185 covers this.  Not going to go to a PVR of 3 - there just isn’t the reward to justify it.

L469 YVK

01 Jan 2021, 9:08 pm #1,082
(01 Jan 2021, 4:18 pm)Storx The X33/X34 should be numbered the 43/44 btw as it's pretty much what they are, why they were withdrawn is still a mystery to me as the routes have struggled ever since when they used to be quite popular.
In a nutshell, the 43/44 was replaced in the following for people who don't need to go via the Metrocentre

- X30/X31 increased to up to every 15 mins providing more "fast" buses from Stanley.

- Most parts of the 43/44 and current 6 between Stanley and Sunniside towards Newcastle are covered by the X70 & X71 as well as the recently extended X30.
L469 YVK
01 Jan 2021, 9:08 pm #1,082

(01 Jan 2021, 4:18 pm)Storx The X33/X34 should be numbered the 43/44 btw as it's pretty much what they are, why they were withdrawn is still a mystery to me as the routes have struggled ever since when they used to be quite popular.
In a nutshell, the 43/44 was replaced in the following for people who don't need to go via the Metrocentre

- X30/X31 increased to up to every 15 mins providing more "fast" buses from Stanley.

- Most parts of the 43/44 and current 6 between Stanley and Sunniside towards Newcastle are covered by the X70 & X71 as well as the recently extended X30.

01 Jan 2021, 9:45 pm #1,083
(01 Jan 2021, 8:14 pm)cbma06 Here’s my 2 pence worth suggestions:

4/X1/ and new X2,

Half the X1 frequency.

New X2 between Newcastle and Hetton, between Newcastle and Concord (old x95 route), between Concord and Galleries via Washington Highway, then from Galleries to Hetton Interchange (old X94 route). X1 and X2 combined 10 minute service.

4 Heworth to Hall Lane estate

4 withdrawn between Shiney row and Houghton by the new X2, from Shiney Row to Newbottle via the old 194 route then down to Burnside estate into Houghton then continue upto Hall Lane estate via Seaham Road/B1260 then along Hall Lane back to Houghton to Heworth, service 4 via Hall Lane estate to replace service 20 in that section.

16/16A/20/60

Service 20/16/16A merged at Durham to provide new cross city links, service will run every 15 minutes.

Service 20 will be withdrawn from Hall Lane estate and go via the old 220 route, also withdrawn between Sunderland and South Shields with that section been replaced by extending service 60.

X20/13/14/204/208/265/X5/X15

Service X5/X15 extended from Durham to Sunderland replacing X20

How busy does service X5/X15 can be, can the service be done using streetlites?

Service numbers might need to be changed, Service 265 extended from Durham to Langley Park via X20 route then do the 13 route back to Durham then the 204 route then vice versa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try these,
Attached Files
.pdf
ASX Transport North East.pdf
Size 66.92 KB / Downloads 50

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
01 Jan 2021, 9:45 pm #1,083

(01 Jan 2021, 8:14 pm)cbma06 Here’s my 2 pence worth suggestions:

4/X1/ and new X2,

Half the X1 frequency.

New X2 between Newcastle and Hetton, between Newcastle and Concord (old x95 route), between Concord and Galleries via Washington Highway, then from Galleries to Hetton Interchange (old X94 route). X1 and X2 combined 10 minute service.

4 Heworth to Hall Lane estate

4 withdrawn between Shiney row and Houghton by the new X2, from Shiney Row to Newbottle via the old 194 route then down to Burnside estate into Houghton then continue upto Hall Lane estate via Seaham Road/B1260 then along Hall Lane back to Houghton to Heworth, service 4 via Hall Lane estate to replace service 20 in that section.

16/16A/20/60

Service 20/16/16A merged at Durham to provide new cross city links, service will run every 15 minutes.

Service 20 will be withdrawn from Hall Lane estate and go via the old 220 route, also withdrawn between Sunderland and South Shields with that section been replaced by extending service 60.

X20/13/14/204/208/265/X5/X15

Service X5/X15 extended from Durham to Sunderland replacing X20

How busy does service X5/X15 can be, can the service be done using streetlites?

Service numbers might need to be changed, Service 265 extended from Durham to Langley Park via X20 route then do the 13 route back to Durham then the 204 route then vice versa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try these,

Attached Files
.pdf
ASX Transport North East.pdf
Size 66.92 KB / Downloads 50

Acky81

04 Jan 2021, 10:45 pm #1,084
A lot of people have suggested extending the 60 to South Shields. There’s no demand for it. GNE tried and tested this previously with service 37 many moons ago
Acky81
04 Jan 2021, 10:45 pm #1,084

A lot of people have suggested extending the 60 to South Shields. There’s no demand for it. GNE tried and tested this previously with service 37 many moons ago

04 Jan 2021, 11:07 pm #1,085
(04 Jan 2021, 10:45 pm)Acky81 A lot of people have suggested extending the 60 to South Shields. There’s no demand for it. GNE tried and tested this previously with service 37 many moons ago
I think others meant that the 60 would replace the 20 between South Shields and Sunderland. Not too sure why to be honest as the 20 is only roughly 10 minutes longer between Sunderland and Durham than the 60 between Sunderland and Parkside. So it wouldn’t benefit reliability that much.

Although, the branding might work better, with Drifter having connotations of the sea etc. Unlikely in the current climate though.
Adtrainsam
04 Jan 2021, 11:07 pm #1,085

(04 Jan 2021, 10:45 pm)Acky81 A lot of people have suggested extending the 60 to South Shields. There’s no demand for it. GNE tried and tested this previously with service 37 many moons ago
I think others meant that the 60 would replace the 20 between South Shields and Sunderland. Not too sure why to be honest as the 20 is only roughly 10 minutes longer between Sunderland and Durham than the 60 between Sunderland and Parkside. So it wouldn’t benefit reliability that much.

Although, the branding might work better, with Drifter having connotations of the sea etc. Unlikely in the current climate though.

Drifter60

05 Jan 2021, 10:33 am #1,086

The difference would be that this isn’t an additional service it would replace service 20 in that area, so vehicles and resources would be unchanged. Also Ryhope, Seaham and Parkside don’t have anywhere near the congestion of Durham, Gilesgate and the A690 so while the route length may not be remarkably different it would I’d suggest improve reliability.
Drifter60
05 Jan 2021, 10:33 am #1,086

The difference would be that this isn’t an additional service it would replace service 20 in that area, so vehicles and resources would be unchanged. Also Ryhope, Seaham and Parkside don’t have anywhere near the congestion of Durham, Gilesgate and the A690 so while the route length may not be remarkably different it would I’d suggest improve reliability.

05 Jan 2021, 12:36 pm #1,087
(05 Jan 2021, 10:33 am)Drifter60 The difference would be that this isn’t an additional service it would replace service 20 in that area, so vehicles and resources would be unchanged. Also Ryhope, Seaham and Parkside don’t have anywhere near the congestion of Durham, Gilesgate and the A690 so while the route length may not be remarkably different it would I’d suggest improve reliability.

From personal experience, the 60 is harder to keep on time than the 20. Either service aren't too bad currently in all honesty, but swapping the Durham bit for the Seaham bit definitely isn't something to do in search for reliability. See the 9 and 61 for example.
deanmachine
05 Jan 2021, 12:36 pm #1,087

(05 Jan 2021, 10:33 am)Drifter60 The difference would be that this isn’t an additional service it would replace service 20 in that area, so vehicles and resources would be unchanged. Also Ryhope, Seaham and Parkside don’t have anywhere near the congestion of Durham, Gilesgate and the A690 so while the route length may not be remarkably different it would I’d suggest improve reliability.

From personal experience, the 60 is harder to keep on time than the 20. Either service aren't too bad currently in all honesty, but swapping the Durham bit for the Seaham bit definitely isn't something to do in search for reliability. See the 9 and 61 for example.

05 Jan 2021, 3:57 pm #1,088
Would a split be better: 20 still does Durham to Sunderland, Another Number Between Sunderland to Shields

ASX_Terranova
05 Jan 2021, 3:57 pm #1,088

Would a split be better: 20 still does Durham to Sunderland, Another Number Between Sunderland to Shields

Drifter60

05 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm #1,089
(05 Jan 2021, 12:36 pm)deanmachine From personal experience, the 60 is harder to keep on time than the 20. Either service aren't too bad currently in all honesty, but swapping the Durham bit for the Seaham bit definitely isn't something to do in search for reliability. See the 9 and 61 for example.

Is that the timetable being too tight? More layover needed at Parkside or extra layover at Seaham? In Seaham, Byron Terrace (New Seaham Mill Inn) is bad at school times but otherwise I don’t think anywhere else is that busy.
Drifter60
05 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm #1,089

(05 Jan 2021, 12:36 pm)deanmachine From personal experience, the 60 is harder to keep on time than the 20. Either service aren't too bad currently in all honesty, but swapping the Durham bit for the Seaham bit definitely isn't something to do in search for reliability. See the 9 and 61 for example.

Is that the timetable being too tight? More layover needed at Parkside or extra layover at Seaham? In Seaham, Byron Terrace (New Seaham Mill Inn) is bad at school times but otherwise I don’t think anywhere else is that busy.

LVK 404L

05 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm #1,090
I'd go for a 30 minute new service between Shields and Sunderland supplemented with a 30 min Express service X6/X7 extended to Shields, with limited stops at Wheatsheaf (for Stadium), Fulwell Grange, Cleadon Village Harton Nook and Westoe.
LVK 404L
05 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm #1,090

I'd go for a 30 minute new service between Shields and Sunderland supplemented with a 30 min Express service X6/X7 extended to Shields, with limited stops at Wheatsheaf (for Stadium), Fulwell Grange, Cleadon Village Harton Nook and Westoe.

Storx

05 Jan 2021, 5:51 pm #1,091
(05 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm)ifm001 I'd go for a 30 minute new service between Shields and Sunderland supplemented with a 30 min Express service X6/X7 extended to Shields, with limited stops at Wheatsheaf (for Stadium), Fulwell Grange, Cleadon Village  Harton Nook and Westoe.

Canny service cut for people wanting to go between points, I don't know the numbers but can't imagine there's many people travelling all the way from Sunderland to South Shields it's bit like travelling from no-where to no-where.
Storx
05 Jan 2021, 5:51 pm #1,091

(05 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm)ifm001 I'd go for a 30 minute new service between Shields and Sunderland supplemented with a 30 min Express service X6/X7 extended to Shields, with limited stops at Wheatsheaf (for Stadium), Fulwell Grange, Cleadon Village  Harton Nook and Westoe.

Canny service cut for people wanting to go between points, I don't know the numbers but can't imagine there's many people travelling all the way from Sunderland to South Shields it's bit like travelling from no-where to no-where.

LVK 404L

05 Jan 2021, 7:05 pm #1,092
(05 Jan 2021, 5:51 pm)Storx Canny service cut for people wanting to go between points, I don't know the numbers but can't imagine there's many people travelling all the way from Sunderland to South Shields it's bit like travelling from no-where to no-where.
Not sure where your coming from here.  15 min service between the 2 points with the limited stop services stopping at various points in between . As I've said before in other posts too many services on 10/12 min frequencies utilising more drivers with smaller vehicles.  Make the frequency longer with 15/20/30 min services with larger vehicles  less drivers used. This will enable other drivers to be used for increase in services that need frequency increases or new services that are needed elsewhere apparantley.
LVK 404L
05 Jan 2021, 7:05 pm #1,092

(05 Jan 2021, 5:51 pm)Storx Canny service cut for people wanting to go between points, I don't know the numbers but can't imagine there's many people travelling all the way from Sunderland to South Shields it's bit like travelling from no-where to no-where.
Not sure where your coming from here.  15 min service between the 2 points with the limited stop services stopping at various points in between . As I've said before in other posts too many services on 10/12 min frequencies utilising more drivers with smaller vehicles.  Make the frequency longer with 15/20/30 min services with larger vehicles  less drivers used. This will enable other drivers to be used for increase in services that need frequency increases or new services that are needed elsewhere apparantley.

Andreos1

05 Jan 2021, 8:20 pm #1,093
(05 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm)Drifter60 Is that the timetable being too tight? More layover needed at Parkside or extra layover at Seaham? In Seaham, Byron Terrace (New Seaham Mill Inn) is bad at school times but otherwise I don’t think anywhere else is that busy.

I was thinking about traffic in Seaham the other day, when posting about the horrendous bus links to/from the railway station. 
Apart from where you mention, I've seen it quite busy outside Asda and just along from the Mill Inn at the lights where Stockton Road meets Seaton Lane/Lord Byrons Walk.
Those three jump out off the top of my head.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Jan 2021, 8:20 pm #1,093

(05 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm)Drifter60 Is that the timetable being too tight? More layover needed at Parkside or extra layover at Seaham? In Seaham, Byron Terrace (New Seaham Mill Inn) is bad at school times but otherwise I don’t think anywhere else is that busy.

I was thinking about traffic in Seaham the other day, when posting about the horrendous bus links to/from the railway station. 
Apart from where you mention, I've seen it quite busy outside Asda and just along from the Mill Inn at the lights where Stockton Road meets Seaton Lane/Lord Byrons Walk.
Those three jump out off the top of my head.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Storx

05 Jan 2021, 9:02 pm #1,094
(05 Jan 2021, 7:05 pm)ifm001 Not sure where your coming from here.  15 min service between the 2 points with the limited stop services stopping at various points in between . As I've said before in other posts too many services on 10/12 min frequencies utilising more drivers with smaller vehicles.  Make the frequency longer with 15/20/30 min services with larger vehicles  less drivers used. This will enable other drivers to be used for increase in services that need frequency increases or new services that are needed elsewhere apparantley.

Because there's many bus stops in between. For someone say travelling from Miller & Carter to South Shields, you've gone from a 12 minute service to a 30 minute service. That's a massive cut in service; every 12 minutes is pretty much turn up and go, every 30 minutes isn't. The limited stop service here doesn't make sense as there won't be many people travelling end to end, it's about the intermediate stops. You might aswell just drop it to every 15 minutes throughout but there's other areas in Sunderland if you want to cut services which should go first.

If you want to do stuff like that then the best service would be the 60 and drop it to every 20 minutes and interwork it with the 61 for a 10 minute service through the core section. With a hourly X8 doing a quicker service to Parkside etc and then you'd have a 20 minute express service to Seaham aswell and a much quicker service from Parkside etc even known it's only hourly.
Storx
05 Jan 2021, 9:02 pm #1,094

(05 Jan 2021, 7:05 pm)ifm001 Not sure where your coming from here.  15 min service between the 2 points with the limited stop services stopping at various points in between . As I've said before in other posts too many services on 10/12 min frequencies utilising more drivers with smaller vehicles.  Make the frequency longer with 15/20/30 min services with larger vehicles  less drivers used. This will enable other drivers to be used for increase in services that need frequency increases or new services that are needed elsewhere apparantley.

Because there's many bus stops in between. For someone say travelling from Miller & Carter to South Shields, you've gone from a 12 minute service to a 30 minute service. That's a massive cut in service; every 12 minutes is pretty much turn up and go, every 30 minutes isn't. The limited stop service here doesn't make sense as there won't be many people travelling end to end, it's about the intermediate stops. You might aswell just drop it to every 15 minutes throughout but there's other areas in Sunderland if you want to cut services which should go first.

If you want to do stuff like that then the best service would be the 60 and drop it to every 20 minutes and interwork it with the 61 for a 10 minute service through the core section. With a hourly X8 doing a quicker service to Parkside etc and then you'd have a 20 minute express service to Seaham aswell and a much quicker service from Parkside etc even known it's only hourly.

N1cholas

05 Jan 2021, 9:37 pm #1,095
Bit pointless having an Express going up parkside as most from parkside only go down the harbour anyway, and back up then back down, they are only on the bus 10 mins so an express would be pointless
N1cholas
05 Jan 2021, 9:37 pm #1,095

Bit pointless having an Express going up parkside as most from parkside only go down the harbour anyway, and back up then back down, they are only on the bus 10 mins so an express would be pointless

Storx

05 Jan 2021, 9:40 pm #1,096
(05 Jan 2021, 9:37 pm)N1cholas Bit pointless having an Express going up parkside as most from parkside only go down the harbour anyway, and back up then back down, they are only on the bus 10 mins so an express would be pointless

Yeah that's fair, don't know the area too well tbh. Was just an idea to try and promote people going from Seaham to Sunderland to use the express services and it seemed a place to send it since their buses would be down from 5 an hour to 3 an hour rather than them using the 60 so the 60 is for people doing intermediate journeys instead.
Storx
05 Jan 2021, 9:40 pm #1,096

(05 Jan 2021, 9:37 pm)N1cholas Bit pointless having an Express going up parkside as most from parkside only go down the harbour anyway, and back up then back down, they are only on the bus 10 mins so an express would be pointless

Yeah that's fair, don't know the area too well tbh. Was just an idea to try and promote people going from Seaham to Sunderland to use the express services and it seemed a place to send it since their buses would be down from 5 an hour to 3 an hour rather than them using the 60 so the 60 is for people doing intermediate journeys instead.

06 Jan 2021, 1:02 am #1,097
(05 Jan 2021, 9:40 pm)Storx Yeah that's fair, don't know the area too well tbh. Was just an idea to try and promote people going from Seaham to Sunderland to use the express services and it seemed a place to send it since their buses would be down from 5 an hour to 3 an hour rather than them using the 60 so the 60 is for people doing intermediate journeys instead.

The Seaham to Sunderland journey isn't that long in reality either. There's already a half hourly express service that isn't used much anyways, just look at how long it kept it's X-Lines spec Solos.

Also in response to other people's posts, it's absolutely laughable that people don't see South Shields to Sunderland as being a type of service people use. Stagecoach have 3 services and the 20 being every 12 minutes shows how used it is, and it is, even during a lockdown.
deanmachine
06 Jan 2021, 1:02 am #1,097

(05 Jan 2021, 9:40 pm)Storx Yeah that's fair, don't know the area too well tbh. Was just an idea to try and promote people going from Seaham to Sunderland to use the express services and it seemed a place to send it since their buses would be down from 5 an hour to 3 an hour rather than them using the 60 so the 60 is for people doing intermediate journeys instead.

The Seaham to Sunderland journey isn't that long in reality either. There's already a half hourly express service that isn't used much anyways, just look at how long it kept it's X-Lines spec Solos.

Also in response to other people's posts, it's absolutely laughable that people don't see South Shields to Sunderland as being a type of service people use. Stagecoach have 3 services and the 20 being every 12 minutes shows how used it is, and it is, even during a lockdown.

LVK 404L

06 Jan 2021, 1:21 am #1,098
(06 Jan 2021, 1:02 am)deanmachine The Seaham to Sunderland journey isn't that long in reality either. There's already a half hourly express service that isn't used much anyways, just look at how long it kept it's X-Lines spec Solos.

I'm not saying that Shields to Sunderland is not a used service. Quite the opposite. Offer an Express in addition to the normal service  (all other GNE areas have Xs why not Shields).  But I have to ask the question. A 36-40 seat vehicle every 12 mins or a 50- 70 seat vehicle every 20/30 mins would still benefit surely not, and release other vehicles and drivers to be used elsewhere that may be struggling more than the Shields to Sunderland route.
LVK 404L
06 Jan 2021, 1:21 am #1,098

(06 Jan 2021, 1:02 am)deanmachine The Seaham to Sunderland journey isn't that long in reality either. There's already a half hourly express service that isn't used much anyways, just look at how long it kept it's X-Lines spec Solos.

I'm not saying that Shields to Sunderland is not a used service. Quite the opposite. Offer an Express in addition to the normal service  (all other GNE areas have Xs why not Shields).  But I have to ask the question. A 36-40 seat vehicle every 12 mins or a 50- 70 seat vehicle every 20/30 mins would still benefit surely not, and release other vehicles and drivers to be used elsewhere that may be struggling more than the Shields to Sunderland route.

Storx

06 Jan 2021, 10:36 am #1,099

Fair points tbf, I wouldn't really do it anyway tbh it was just more sensible if we had to cut something (there's an obsession on here) over the 20.

(06 Jan 2021, 1:21 am)ifm001 I'm not saying that Shields to Sunderland is not a used service. Quite the opposite. Offer an Express in addition to the normal service  (all other GNE areas have Xs why not Shields).  But I have to ask the question. A 36-40 seat vehicle every 12 mins or a 50- 70 seat vehicle every 20/30 mins would still benefit surely not, and release other vehicles and drivers to be used elsewhere that may be struggling more than the Shields to Sunderland route.

You're kind of missing the point of an Express service. They're generally there to give further out points a quicker route to a major hub where most people are travelling. That isn't the case between Sunderland and South Shields so by creating an express all your doing is cutting the service for a particular area for a time saving of approx 5 minutes max and it's not worth it. There's also a fair chunk of GNE's 'express' network which is rather questionable about whether it's express at all (X45/X46/X47/X5/X15).

From GNE's point of view maybe but as a passenger there's a very big difference between a bus every 12 minutes and a bus every 30 minutes. Especially on the South Shields end where people would opt to use the slower but more frequent E service to Sunderland and 3/4 into South Shields so you'd lose passengers in the end and also at the Sunderland end with the E2. If the bus route makes a profit of £500 a day lets say now, by moving those buses off that service onto another service isn't going to make that route more profitable. You are taking a massive risk at decreasing that £500 a profit on the 20 though when it's not needed. If a bus route is making money why change it?

If you really want to make a positive change have a look at the 9 because the services which Boldon get lately are an disgrace for the size of town with a half hourly service and that's your lot now (used to be every 15 minutes with the X3 aswell).

Personally I'd go for an express bus route like this - https://goo.gl/maps/ppRbZY8d87LbEaBe8 and if you wondering why the weird route along Follingsby it's so you create a bus link to the new massive Amazon centre which is being built from Newcastle and Sunderland and metro connections from East Boldon and Heworth which atm doesn't have any bus services at all and at the same time improving areas which generally have a poor service.
Storx
06 Jan 2021, 10:36 am #1,099

Fair points tbf, I wouldn't really do it anyway tbh it was just more sensible if we had to cut something (there's an obsession on here) over the 20.

(06 Jan 2021, 1:21 am)ifm001 I'm not saying that Shields to Sunderland is not a used service. Quite the opposite. Offer an Express in addition to the normal service  (all other GNE areas have Xs why not Shields).  But I have to ask the question. A 36-40 seat vehicle every 12 mins or a 50- 70 seat vehicle every 20/30 mins would still benefit surely not, and release other vehicles and drivers to be used elsewhere that may be struggling more than the Shields to Sunderland route.

You're kind of missing the point of an Express service. They're generally there to give further out points a quicker route to a major hub where most people are travelling. That isn't the case between Sunderland and South Shields so by creating an express all your doing is cutting the service for a particular area for a time saving of approx 5 minutes max and it's not worth it. There's also a fair chunk of GNE's 'express' network which is rather questionable about whether it's express at all (X45/X46/X47/X5/X15).

From GNE's point of view maybe but as a passenger there's a very big difference between a bus every 12 minutes and a bus every 30 minutes. Especially on the South Shields end where people would opt to use the slower but more frequent E service to Sunderland and 3/4 into South Shields so you'd lose passengers in the end and also at the Sunderland end with the E2. If the bus route makes a profit of £500 a day lets say now, by moving those buses off that service onto another service isn't going to make that route more profitable. You are taking a massive risk at decreasing that £500 a profit on the 20 though when it's not needed. If a bus route is making money why change it?

If you really want to make a positive change have a look at the 9 because the services which Boldon get lately are an disgrace for the size of town with a half hourly service and that's your lot now (used to be every 15 minutes with the X3 aswell).

Personally I'd go for an express bus route like this - https://goo.gl/maps/ppRbZY8d87LbEaBe8 and if you wondering why the weird route along Follingsby it's so you create a bus link to the new massive Amazon centre which is being built from Newcastle and Sunderland and metro connections from East Boldon and Heworth which atm doesn't have any bus services at all and at the same time improving areas which generally have a poor service.

06 Jan 2021, 11:51 am #1,100

If when I look at my finishing times and it's 5 minutes after the 20 is due, and there's a 25 minute wait for it, I'll probably take the car in. I doubt I'm the only one either.

I don't think South Shields needs an express route Sunderland way, the 20 is already pretty quick. Newcastle way, we've got the Metro anyways. It's a shame the X50 was killed off if anything, it used to be a well used route back in the day, it's a shame there's no demand for something like that these days.
deanmachine
06 Jan 2021, 11:51 am #1,100

If when I look at my finishing times and it's 5 minutes after the 20 is due, and there's a 25 minute wait for it, I'll probably take the car in. I doubt I'm the only one either.

I don't think South Shields needs an express route Sunderland way, the 20 is already pretty quick. Newcastle way, we've got the Metro anyways. It's a shame the X50 was killed off if anything, it used to be a well used route back in the day, it's a shame there's no demand for something like that these days.

Pages (150) Previous 154 55 56150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average