Menu

Pages (4)    1 2 3 4   
mb134   14 May 2021, 7:04 pm
(14 May 2021, 6:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote I just cant get my head around anyone spending the time and money to titivate a 15 year old decker.

And, as Jimmi points out, they haven't even finished it off properly? Must have hired the ANE bodywork folk to paint that one up.

There also seems to be a bit of metal hanging from just behind the middle door.
Jimmi   14 May 2021, 7:10 pm
(14 May 2021, 7:04 pm)mb134 wrote And, as Jimmi points out, they haven't even finished it off properly? Must have hired the ANE bodywork folk to paint that one up.

Cut and shut job, no paint required! Just whack some vinyls on and jobs a good'un!
Dan   14 May 2021, 7:16 pm
(14 May 2021, 7:04 pm)mb134 wrote And, as Jimmi points out, they haven't even finished it off properly? Must have hired the ANE bodywork folk to paint that one up.

(14 May 2021, 7:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Cut and shut job, no paint required! Just whack some vinyls on and jobs a good'un!

The vinyl contractor cannot paint buses. Go North East would have to paint the panels themselves.
streetdeckfan   14 May 2021, 8:21 pm
(14 May 2021, 7:16 pm)Dan wrote The vinyl contractor cannot paint buses. Go North East would have to paint the panels themselves.

Which begs the question, why haven't they?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   14 May 2021, 8:39 pm
(14 May 2021, 8:21 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Which begs the question, why haven't they?

I don't know, why would I? At a guess - the same type you could make yourself - I would assume that because Riverside has a fleet of almost 200 buses, they haven't gotten around to doing it yet? If you've wrongly assumed that these vinyls are being added at Saltmeadows, where a 'proper' paint job could be done at the same time, then you're mistaken. These vinyls are being applied locally at the depots (because it's very easy to do).

As for the reason why this work is being done - it's not 'titivating', there are well-established issues with the wheel washers being too intensive resulting in lower skirt panel paintwork and vinyls peeling. Once the vinyl starts peeling, the water from the 'normal' bus wash then starts getting underneath the rest of the vinyl, resulting in it all peeling away. Rather than replace these swooshes with more swooshes, for little extra cost, a 'patch' can be applied with stripes instead of a swoosh. This patch covers a greater area of the skirt panel, therefore is less likely to be damaged by the wheel wash. It also updates the buses into the current 'house style', where a full repaint cannot be justified given the age of the vehicles.
streetdeckfan   14 May 2021, 9:11 pm
(14 May 2021, 8:39 pm)Dan wrote I don't know, why would I? At a guess - the same type you could make yourself - I would assume that because Riverside has a fleet of almost 200 buses, they haven't gotten around to doing it yet? If you've wrongly assumed that these vinyls are being added at Saltmeadows, where a 'proper' paint job could be done at the same time, then you're mistaken. These vinyls are being applied locally at the depots (because it's very easy to do).

As for the reason why this work is being done - it's not 'titivating', there are well-established issues with the wheel washers being too intensive resulting in lower skirt panel paintwork and vinyls peeling. Once the vinyl starts peeling, the water from the 'normal' bus wash then starts getting underneath the rest of the vinyl, resulting in it all peeling away. Rather than replace these swooshes with more swooshes, for little extra cost, a 'patch' can be applied with stripes instead of a swoosh. This patch covers a greater area of the skirt panel, therefore is less likely to be damaged by the wheel wash. It also updates the buses into the current 'house style', where a full repaint cannot be justified given the age of the vehicles.

Christ Daniel, no need to take it to heart!

Seriously though, thanks for the insight
Andreos1   14 May 2021, 9:27 pm
(14 May 2021, 8:39 pm)Dan wrote I don't know, why would I? At a guess - the same type you could make yourself - I would assume that because Riverside has a fleet of almost 200 buses, they haven't gotten around to doing it yet? If you've wrongly assumed that these vinyls are being added at Saltmeadows, where a 'proper' paint job could be done at the same time, then you're mistaken. These vinyls are being applied locally at the depots (because it's very easy to do).

As for the reason why this work is being done - it's not 'titivating', there are well-established issues with the wheel washers being too intensive resulting in lower skirt panel paintwork and vinyls peeling. Once the vinyl starts peeling, the water from the 'normal' bus wash then starts getting underneath the rest of the vinyl, resulting in it all peeling away. Rather than replace these swooshes with more swooshes, for little extra cost, a 'patch' can be applied with stripes instead of a swoosh. This patch covers a greater area of the skirt panel, therefore is less likely to be damaged by the wheel wash. It also updates the buses into the current 'house style', where a full repaint cannot be justified given the age of the vehicles.

Is that the same issue that Washington has with their washing facilities and Streetdecks?
Noticed lots of grime and muck getting behind the vinyls applied to the front window of the upper deck.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Rapidsnap   15 May 2021, 1:08 pm
The bus wash at Stanley had a reputation for being a bit of a brute, hence why a number of Optare MetroRiders, Optare Deltas and Scania Omnicities had their front registration plates re-positioned.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ne14ne1   15 May 2021, 2:38 pm
(15 May 2021, 1:08 pm)Rapidsnap wrote The bus wash at Stanley had a reputation for being a bit of a brute, hence why a number of Optare MetroRiders, Optare Deltas and Scania Omnicities had their front registration plates re-positioned.

Ah I always wondered why some Omnicities wore their plates up on the front panel rather than on the bumper.
Mystery solved.  Wink
Rapidsnap   16 May 2021, 11:58 am
Yeah the Percy Main bus wash took a dislike to the Omnicity too, but it seems to have been resolved and I believe all of them now have the registration plates in their original position.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
streetdeckfan   16 May 2021, 3:28 pm
Not sure if this is the right place, but it looks like the social distancing window stickers are getting removed/replaced.
At least from 5453 as someone in a hi-viz came on and peeled them off!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
GNE6312   16 May 2021, 3:35 pm
(16 May 2021, 3:28 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Not sure if this is the right place, but it looks like the social distancing window stickers are getting removed/replaced.
At least from 5453 as someone in a hi-viz came on and peeled them off!

Seems abit early, I've wondered what GNEs covid capacities actually are as I've seen the 50 get to the point where people had to sit  backwards and as I've mentioned earlier I've had an 8 with the driver irresponsibly letting a standee on even though she acknowledged the bus was full
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   16 May 2021, 3:37 pm
(16 May 2021, 3:35 pm)GNE6312 wrote Seems abit early, I've wondered what GNEs covid capacities actually are as I've seen the 50 get to the point where people had to sit  backwards and as I've mentioned earlier I've had an 8 with the driver irresponsibly letting a standee on even though she acknowledged the bus was full
I know, that's why I think they may just be getting replaced, and just having someone go peel the old ones off when they're sitting at the interchange means they can get installed quicker tonight?

ne14ne1   30 Jun 2021, 7:54 pm
Numerous XLines vehicles now have the Euro 6 ‘leaf’ logo applied, replacing the original less noticeable ‘tree’ logo.
ne14ne1   22 Sep 2021, 5:54 pm
Have any of the Coaster streetlites had their environmental leaves applied yet?
JP6004   22 Sep 2021, 5:57 pm
(22 Sep 2021, 5:54 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Have any of the Coaster streetlites had their environmental leaves applied yet?
They fell off with it becoming more autumnal  Tongue
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ne14ne1   22 Sep 2021, 6:11 pm
(22 Sep 2021, 5:57 pm)JP6004 wrote They fell off with it becoming more autumnal  Tongue

Ah, went brown, curled up and blew away, eh?
JP6004   22 Sep 2021, 6:13 pm
(22 Sep 2021, 6:11 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Ah, went brown, curled up and blew away, eh?
It certainly did. Thank god everything doesnt go like that in the cold!
Rapidsnap   22 Sep 2021, 9:30 pm
Well the former X66 Streetlites went brown

ne14ne1   23 Sep 2021, 5:07 am
(22 Sep 2021, 6:13 pm)JP6004 wrote It certainly did. Thank god everything doesnt go like that in the cold!

Just have to make sure you keep it warm.

(22 Sep 2021, 9:30 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Well the former X66 Streetlites went brown

Ha, good point.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ne14ne1   04 Oct 2021, 8:41 pm
(22 Sep 2021, 5:54 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Have any of the Coaster streetlites had their environmental leaves applied yet?

Leaves now appearing on the Coasters:

https://flic.kr/p/2mximhm
JP6004   04 Oct 2021, 8:42 pm
(04 Oct 2021, 8:41 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Leaves now appearing on the Coasters:

Springtime  Big Grin
Train8261   04 Oct 2021, 9:34 pm
(04 Oct 2021, 8:41 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Leaves now appearing on the Coasters:

My photo yet I have only just noticed now that it had the leaves applied  Exclamation
ne14ne1   30 Jun 2022, 8:32 pm
Are the training school solars all due to be replaced in time for the CAZ or will the likes of a training school omnicity upgraded to euro6 be used for driver training in central Newcastle the solars kept for non city centre driving?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
KingSlayerRBLX   30 Jun 2022, 8:44 pm
(30 Jun 2022, 8:32 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Are the training school solars all due to be replaced in time for the CAZ or will the likes of a training school omnicity upgraded to euro6 be used for driver training in central Newcastle the solars kept for non city centre driving?
It might that they are kept away from Newcastle until Omnicitys or different buses are converted to Trainer Spec
ian foster   01 Jul 2022, 9:12 am
(30 Jun 2022, 8:44 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote It might that they are kept away from Newcastle until Omnicitys or different buses are converted to Trainer Spec
omnicity's are very likely to go onto driver training as many of them had euro 6 upgrades.
nova347   04 Jul 2022, 4:16 pm
Are any of the voyagers or the buses coming up from London being fitted with Euro 6 engines or any other buses that are getting upgraded in the fleet

If there's a lack of spare buses with the Euro 6 requirements would they go into Newcastle and GNE would pay the fine or would they terminate at Gateshead/Metro?
MurdnunoC   04 Jul 2022, 5:34 pm
Do the leaves and extra road-stripes create desire? Are the leaves approved by the Ten Percent Club? Do the extra road-stripes provide titillation for all the GNE Fanboys and Girls? Have they exploited a new gap in their inane fandom, or has the commercial team finally ran out of steam?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   04 Jul 2022, 6:09 pm
(04 Jul 2022, 5:34 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Do the leaves and extra road-stripes create desire? no  
Are the leaves approved by the Ten Percent Club? yes, it was their idea. Expect it to be rolled out across all members fleets and feature in a number of back patting tweets and PR opportunities
Do the extra road-stripes provide titillation for all the GNE Fanboys and Girls?  quite possibly 
Have they exploited a new gap in their inane fandom, no
or has the commercial team finally ran out of steam?  not sure they ever had any steam to start with

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
DeltaMan   06 Jul 2022, 6:01 pm
Welp. I don't see what was ever wrong with the Red Kite mark idea. Least it was "local"
Pages (4)    1 2 3 4