Menu

Pages (32)    19 10 1132   
cbma06   25 Aug 2021, 5:09 pm
(25 Aug 2021, 4:31 pm)CookieMonster wrote Did hear they were going to be replaced as soon as possiable so doubt it. This has been getting said for the last 2 years though and its not happened yet. There are too many other problems with them to spend a lot of money on them.

Last I heard that all the citarios and omnicities except for Washington depot allocation were going to be withdrawn , but looks like all changed due to the pandemic started.

Also heard e200’s for the 8/78, but looks like either order was cancelled or it was neither placed due to the pandemic. Could be wrong as it was in the air of chatter, there was also chatter about Peterlee operations moving to deptford but don’t know how reliable that is.

GNE won’t upgrade the citarios to euro6, but GNW upgraded the ex GNE citarios to euro6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeiajs   25 Aug 2021, 6:10 pm
(25 Aug 2021, 5:09 pm)cbma06 wrote Last I heard that all the citarios and omnicities except for Washington depot allocation were going to be withdrawn , but looks like all changed due to the pandemic started.

Also heard e200’s for the 8/78, but looks like either order was cancelled or it was neither placed due to the pandemic. Could be wrong as it was in the air of chatter, there was also chatter about Peterlee operations moving to deptford but don’t know how reliable that is.

GNE won’t upgrade the citarios to euro6, but GNW upgraded the ex GNE citarios to euro6

I believe the 60 should be upgraded. As when I have checked the 60 is quite a bit more popular than the 8/78.
cbma06   25 Aug 2021, 7:23 pm
(25 Aug 2021, 6:10 pm)Keeiajs wrote I believe the 60 should be upgraded. As when I have checked the 60 is quite a bit more popular than the 8/78.

the 60 is the only bus you can get to Seaham , except for X6 coast road and 61 hitting the side before going to murton.

With the 8/78 with new buses, I think someone high up in GNE wants new buses and a million xlines services coming out of consett depot [emoji2958]

Doesn’t need upgrading , it just wants extending to shields [emoji23] [emoji2357]

deanmachine   25 Aug 2021, 7:32 pm
(25 Aug 2021, 7:23 pm)cbma06 wrote Doesn’t need upgrading , it just wants extending to shields

Can't see why anybody from Shields would want to go to Seaham tbh.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   25 Aug 2021, 8:00 pm
(25 Aug 2021, 7:23 pm)cbma06 wrote the 60 is the only bus you can get to Seaham , except for X6 coast road and 61 hitting the side before going to murton.

With the 8/78 with new buses, I think someone high up in GNE wants new buses and a million xlines services coming out of consett depot [emoji2958]

Doesn’t need upgrading , it just wants extending to shields [emoji23] [emoji2357]

The 8/78 aren’t getting new buses - never have been planned to get them either.

There’s actually a fair bit of traffic using the 20 to go beyond Park Lane and across the bridge. To terminate the 20 at Sunderland would break that link, and would likely be criticised by passengers (as much as it would be great to have a Drifter running all the way along the coast).

Keeiajs   25 Aug 2021, 8:08 pm
(25 Aug 2021, 8:00 pm)Dan wrote The 8/78 aren’t getting new buses - never have been planned to get them either.

There’s actually a fair bit of traffic using the 20 to go beyond Park Lane and across the bridge. To terminate the 20 at Sunderland would break that link, and would likely be criticised by passengers (as much as it would be great to have a Drifter running all the way along the coast).

I mean with 60/20 running every 12 mins surely they could have 20 / 60 going to South Sheilds every 24 mins. 1 goes to South Sheilds the other terminates at Sunderland etc. And give the 60 new E200 MMC's. And then the old Drifters can go on the 50. With the left over 20's which have been displaced as spares.
Drifter60   26 Aug 2021, 12:27 am
(25 Aug 2021, 7:32 pm)deanmachine wrote Can't see why anybody from Shields would want to go to Seaham tbh.

You’ve said this before but I don’t understand the logic. Just because you’ve got a beach and coastline in one location doesn’t mean you wouldn’t visit somewhere else with a beach and coastline. I’m guessing your point is Shields has a ‘superior’ seaside offering but I’d argue both have a different sort vibe, you have amusements/arcades and a funfair in South Shields, Seaham doesn’t and perhaps has less to offer in a wider sense but you do have Tommy (recently voted the UK’s favourite sculpture), the marina development etc. Different offerings. And sometimes you just fancy a change of scenery for a day out? It’s also about cross city links, Ryhope to Fulwell etc. as Dan points out about the current 20.
54APhotography   26 Aug 2021, 6:36 am
(26 Aug 2021, 12:27 am)Drifter60 wrote You’ve said this before but I don’t understand the logic. Just because you’ve got a beach and coastline in one location doesn’t mean you wouldn’t visit somewhere else with a beach and coastline. I’m guessing your point is Shields has a ‘superior’ seaside offering but I’d argue both have a different sort vibe, you have amusements/arcades and a funfair in South Shields, Seaham doesn’t and perhaps has less to offer in a wider sense but you do have Tommy (recently voted the UK’s favourite sculpture), the marina development etc. Different offerings. And sometimes you just fancy a change of scenery for a day out? It’s also about cross city links, Ryhope to Fulwell etc. as Dan points out about the current 20.

Apply the same to the Nexus idea of restoring the old mineral line from Green Lane to East Boldon, does somebody want to go from Tyne Dock to Seaburn?

Seaham, Roker, Seaburn, Whitburn and South Shields all offer something different for beach goers, people do travel from Shields to Dalton Park, and Tommy is a bigger draw than I think many people estimate.

One factor of planning routes and reroutes must be the half-niner's, they are more likely to wander as its gratis for them..
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Storx   26 Aug 2021, 7:01 am
(26 Aug 2021, 12:27 am)Drifter60 wrote You’ve said this before but I don’t understand the logic. Just because you’ve got a beach and coastline in one location doesn’t mean you wouldn’t visit somewhere else with a beach and coastline. I’m guessing your point is Shields has a ‘superior’ seaside offering but I’d argue both have a different sort vibe, you have amusements/arcades and a funfair in South Shields, Seaham doesn’t and perhaps has less to offer in a wider sense but you do have Tommy (recently voted the UK’s favourite sculpture), the marina development etc. Different offerings. And sometimes you just fancy a change of scenery for a day out? It’s also about cross city links, Ryhope to Fulwell etc. as Dan points out about the current 20.

In fairness the cross city links were there until recently with the 9 and obviously no-one used them hence they were scrapped.

I agree with him though the 20 is a better route to run through people from the rest of the route excluding the centre of South Shields are more likely to want to travel to Durham especially Cleadon rather than Seaham. It's not exactly hard to change for the 1 person a week who might fancy a trip to Seaham but personally I'd rather get the ferry to North Shields Fish Quay, the E1/E2 to Roker or Metro to Tynemouth or Whitley Bay which all offer something nicer than Seaham (no offence to the place).
N1cholas   26 Aug 2021, 8:50 am
The only way of doing something different for the 60 would be extending it via roker, seaburn, whitburn and along the coast to south shields, that will never happen as this area is stagecoach ruled and passenger wouldnt use it, so it would be curtailed as soon as changes allowed it to be, the 20 runs the key corridor into shields via cleadon and the nook so would be totally pointless sending the 60 that way, the best idea would be is for stagecoach to send the E1 into sunderland interchange so that people wouldnt have to walk to far to change buses, it will never happen you would have more chance of a service returning for a direct link from sunderland to the metrocentre than the 60 getting extended
Michael   26 Aug 2021, 1:32 pm
Spotted at Bus & Coach World, Blackburn - 6043 (photo was taking on the 18.8.21)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62607125@N08/51403417461/

-----------

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62607125@N...datetaken/ - 6072 is now also in the TEN colours.

Photos by Chris Hinds

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
JP6004   26 Aug 2021, 1:47 pm
(26 Aug 2021, 1:32 pm)Michael wrote Spotted at Bus & Coach World, Blackburn - 6043 (photo was taking on the 18.8.21)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62607125@N08/51403417461/

-----------

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62607125@N...datetaken/ - 6072 is now also in the TEN colours.

Photos by Chris Hinds
I know money is tight after covid, but if nothing else I would of like to seen the new wood flooring installed. Think been mentioned a few times how grubby and tired the blue flooring on the B9s are. Damn covid
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
L469 YVK   26 Aug 2021, 4:13 pm
For the TVT, would GNE not have been better waiting until seeing if the Cobalt & Coast EV bid is successful? They've already been done to a high standard and would've just been a repaint or partial repaint job.

Unless GNE have potential plans for them elsewhere within GNE/EY or other GAG Op-Cos?
Keeiajs   28 Aug 2021, 6:29 pm
Idk where to put this and idk if it is known but the BlueStar Citaro's seemed to have been re-trimmed with the GO moquette. I have only seem 5481/5486 so idk how recent this was.
deanmachine   28 Aug 2021, 6:54 pm
(28 Aug 2021, 6:29 pm)Keeiajs wrote Idk where to put this and idk if it is known but the BlueStar Citaro's seemed to have been re-trimmed with the GO moquette. I have only seem 5481/5486 so idk how recent this was.

They got the seats out of the 4s Mercs when they got refurbed.
Keeiajs   28 Aug 2021, 6:58 pm
(28 Aug 2021, 6:54 pm)deanmachine wrote They got the seats out of the 4s Mercs when they got refurbed.
Ah so extremely recently I wondered why the seats looked a bit tired. I was on one back in March so I wondered then I saw on the 55 today.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rapidsnap   01 Sep 2021, 10:29 am
About 3 or 4 Streetlites were heading along the Coast Road towards Percy Main depit this morning. All were in fleet livery.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Train8261   01 Sep 2021, 10:36 am
Could be these 4 as they haven't been out in a while

Dan   01 Sep 2021, 11:16 am
(01 Sep 2021, 10:29 am)Rapidsnap wrote About 3 or 4 Streetlites were heading along the Coast Road towards Percy Main depit this morning. All were in fleet livery.

8344-46 which have transferred to Percy Main to run cruise ship shuttle buses this and next week while Disney Magic is here.

Rapidsnap   01 Sep 2021, 11:31 am
Those poor cruiseliner passengers

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Keeiajs   01 Sep 2021, 12:23 pm
(01 Sep 2021, 11:16 am)Dan wrote 8344-46 which have transferred to Percy Main to run cruise ship shuttle buses this and next week while Disney Magic is here.

When will the enthusiast page be updated (just wondering) + are anymore going to Percy Main temporary?
N391OTY   01 Sep 2021, 11:33 pm
(01 Sep 2021, 12:23 pm)Keeiajs wrote When will the enthusiast page be updated (just wondering) + are anymore going to Percy Main temporary?

The enthusiast page stopped being updated, it seems to me, round about the same time as the fuss broke out in the local press about the amount of money being spent by GNE on new liveries on vehicles. It was argued in the local press that the money could have been better used to give GNE staff a better pay rise. Maybe it was felt that publicizing the amount of reliverying going on would strengthen that argument.

I could be completely wrong, of course.
streetdeckfan   01 Sep 2021, 11:44 pm
(01 Sep 2021, 11:33 pm)N391OTY wrote The enthusiast page stopped being updated, it seems to me, round about the same time as the fuss broke out in the local press about the amount of money being spent by GNE on new liveries on vehicles. It was argued in the local press that the money could have been better used to give GNE staff a better pay rise. Maybe it was felt that publicizing the amount of reliverying going on would strengthen that argument.

I could be completely wrong, of course.

Wasn't it something to do with the person who updates the enthusiast page also being the person who does the timetables (or something like that), so they have more important things to do at the minute?
Dan   02 Sep 2021, 6:09 am
(01 Sep 2021, 11:44 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Wasn't it something to do with the person who updates the enthusiast page also being the person who does the timetables (or something like that), so they have more important things to do at the minute?

Precisely - and the same person that does lots of other things, with the enthusiast page only being done in spare time

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
GNE6312   02 Sep 2021, 7:01 am
(01 Sep 2021, 11:31 am)Rapidsnap wrote Those poor cruiseliner passengers
The 63 reg lites are the best bunch so not that bad, just be thankful it's not a 17 reg one being used, now that would be bad.
Coppercap40   02 Sep 2021, 10:02 am
Went past Riverside yesterday afternoon and there was a single decker on the back of a lorry, anyone got an I.D ?
Keeiajs   02 Sep 2021, 10:16 am
(02 Sep 2021, 6:09 am)Dan wrote Precisely - and the same person that does lots of other things, with the enthusiast page only being done in spare time

Yeah, it was just a genuine question, but after all the changes I understand why. Thanks :?
GNE6312   02 Sep 2021, 10:31 am
(02 Sep 2021, 10:02 am)Coppercap40 wrote Went past Riverside yesterday afternoon and there was a single decker on the back of a lorry, anyone got an I.D ?
What type of single decker?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ian foster   02 Sep 2021, 10:44 am
(02 Sep 2021, 6:09 am)Dan wrote Precisely - and the same person that does lots of other things, with the enthusiast page only being done in spare time

You could also look at the website quack77 and bus fleet lists. Go North East list is 31/8 at the moment. Lots of other bus companies fleet lists also on this website
cbma06   03 Sep 2021, 2:40 pm
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned before , but is Peterlee doing service 62 and 65? Or is Sunderland doing the 65 as there did the original 154 many moons ago

Pages (32)    19 10 1132