You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Livery concepts and 'fixes'

One thing I’ve noticed which only seems to apply to the double deckers is buses that receive roadstripes have oddly coloured panels on the panel where the roadstripes have been places. Here’s some examples

[Image: 51229086988_8907b627bb_c.jpg]Go North East 3995 / GX03 SSZ by kieron mathews, on Flickr

[Image: 51199113672_2a171243c4_c.jpg]Go North East 6043 / NK12 GCO by kieron mathews, on Flickr

[Image: 51192036448_32a00697ac_c.jpg]Go North East 6044 / NK12 GCU by kieron mathews, on Flickr

[Image: 51226023787_b6ca8e346e_c.jpg]Go North East 6901 / LX06 EAY by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes'
This is because on the 2016 version of the livery the bottom of the curve ends much further forward to where the blue ends on the 2019 version. The Blue section covered up is by viynl rather than a repaint.

One thing I have noted the only vehicle type not to have hand vehicles modified from 2016 style to 2019 style are the Optare Solo SR.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(06 Jun 2021, 8:52 pm)Rapidsnap wrote This is because on the 2016 version of the livery the bottom of the curve ends much further forward to where the blue ends on the 2019 version. The Blue section covered up is by viynl rather than a repaint.

One thing I have noted the only vehicle type not to have hand vehicles modified from 2016 style to 2019 style are the Optare Solo SR.
I've always wondered why 672 is the only 2019 solo sr. I like it tbh
Site Administrator
(06 Jun 2021, 8:52 pm)Rapidsnap wrote This is because on the 2016 version of the livery the bottom of the curve ends much further forward to where the blue ends on the 2019 version. The Blue section covered up is by viynl rather than a repaint.

The Solos are being done after the double-decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07 Jun 2021, 9:45 am)Micheal Aaron wrote Any idea what solos are getting down
They'll be adding the adjusted 2019 livery to any in the 2016 livery. One that will be interesting to see done in the adjusted 2019 livery is Consett based 717 which has the blue quite far forwards
Just to confirm are all servicable vehicles in the 2016 livery getting the roadstripes.

Also noted 6137 and 6138 of PM now gaining them.

Also sure one of CLS Versas (NK09FUT) only has the Roadstripes on the nearside, or did have on Monday when I saw it.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Nobody knows if the Q1/Q2 will be renumbered to 51/52,it probably wont be as the Q3 would have to be renumbered aswell
Kind Regards
Tez
(20 Jun 2021, 8:15 pm)V514DFT wrote Nobody knows if the Q1/Q2 will be renumbered to 51/52,it probably wont be as the Q3 would have to be renumbered aswell

I expect, at least in the short term, the numbering will remain as Q1/Q2 and Q3. But if the Q1/Q2 were renumbered 51/52 what could the Q3 be renumbered to as there is already a 53? Could the 53 be renumbered, maybe have just the 54 as a circular?
(20 Jun 2021, 8:37 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote I expect, at least in the short term, the numbering will remain as Q1/Q2 and Q3. But if the Q1/Q2 were renumbered 51/52 what could the Q3 be renumbered to as there is already a 53? Could the 53 be renumbered, maybe have just the 54 as a circular?

3?
Something is still going down the Quayside as they've just pushed to get bus stops in front of the arena. The original plans wanted it all pedestrianised (shame really as it would've been better).

Could easily send something else down there though to replace the current Quaylink. I still think it'll be the Voltra services at some point since the Quaycity got the Voltra livery instead of road stripes but then again we don't know what the 9 new ones are going on so could be anything.
(02 Feb 2022, 12:46 am)streetdeckfan wrote Since it's been a while since I've had a play around with some livery concepts, and I had a feeling the Versa would look rather good in the orange X-lines livery, I decided to quickly knock this up.

[Image: Xline-Versa.jpg]
Not half bad! Will there be a roadstripe inspired Tynedale links in time...
(02 Feb 2022, 12:46 am)streetdeckfan wrote Since it's been a while since I've had a play around with some livery concepts, and I had a feeling the Versa would look rather good in the orange X-lines livery, I decided to quickly knock this up.

You have some skills, Streetdeckfan. 
Definitely think it’s needs to be black above the windows though to follow the architecture of the bus.  Wink

Looks really nice. What would the Tynedale Links branding look on it but a 684 branded version
(02 Feb 2022, 11:00 am)ne14ne1 wrote You have some skills, Streetdeckfan. 
Definitely think it’s needs to be black above the windows though to follow the architecture of the bus.  Wink

Well, that's what pissing about in Photoshop rather than doing work in school gets you!

I thought that too initially, but I felt it looked better without in this case.

(02 Feb 2022, 12:10 pm)Train8261 wrote Looks really nice. What would the Tynedale Links branding look on it but a 684 branded version

This ain't no requests thread! But if I have too many espressos again we might find out!
(02 Feb 2022, 11:44 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Also did a quick road-stripeification of the Tynedale Links livery, no doubt they'll update the logo for the route, but I can't really be arsed to do that myself!

[Image: Tynedale-Versa.jpg]
That's actually really nice. I hope the Versas are put into a newer version of Tynedale Links or they keep the current version
(02 Feb 2022, 11:44 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Also did a quick road-stripeification of the Tynedale Links livery, no doubt they'll update the logo for the route, but I can't really be arsed to do that myself!

That's what I envisaged!

See, that Versa looks 10 years younger with the black above the windows!