Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend

Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend

Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

Pages (15) Previous 113 14 15 Next
Unber43

19 May 2022, 3:15 pm #261
(19 May 2022, 1:38 pm)F114TML And they could've used it as a way to plug their vacancies.

"On Saturday, we'll be running an enhanced Sunday timetable due to driver shortages. If you want to help drive us to a green future and help bust congestion*, then apply to be a bus driver with us here: (link)"

*We'll ignore the fact it took buses about 20 minutes to get from the Colliery Inn at Murton to Dalton Park yesterday because of loads of traffic and a lane being blocked.
To say there is a enhanced Sunday timetable running on a Saturday is a bit of a joke. When there are no enhancements except a few services are running normal Saturday services.

And also there might be 46K going down but howmany travel by bus full stop, probs no more than 10K (and that is a stretch)
Unber43
19 May 2022, 3:15 pm #261

(19 May 2022, 1:38 pm)F114TML And they could've used it as a way to plug their vacancies.

"On Saturday, we'll be running an enhanced Sunday timetable due to driver shortages. If you want to help drive us to a green future and help bust congestion*, then apply to be a bus driver with us here: (link)"

*We'll ignore the fact it took buses about 20 minutes to get from the Colliery Inn at Murton to Dalton Park yesterday because of loads of traffic and a lane being blocked.
To say there is a enhanced Sunday timetable running on a Saturday is a bit of a joke. When there are no enhancements except a few services are running normal Saturday services.

And also there might be 46K going down but howmany travel by bus full stop, probs no more than 10K (and that is a stretch)

Dan

Site Administrator

19 May 2022, 3:16 pm #262
(19 May 2022, 3:08 pm)Aaron21 That's the way GNE are going about it. The line that I mentioned above is pathetic. It goes to show Go North East don't care about the passengers anymore. No other companies have done this

Stagecoach haven't put out a tweet saying. Oh were running buses to a different timetable due to a final. What about all pubs in Sunderland that will play the match on tv

Stagecoach don’t have a staff shortage in Sunderland. That’s the difference. They are only under pressure in Newcastle due to the 317 service contract award and return of the 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
19 May 2022, 3:16 pm #262

(19 May 2022, 3:08 pm)Aaron21 That's the way GNE are going about it. The line that I mentioned above is pathetic. It goes to show Go North East don't care about the passengers anymore. No other companies have done this

Stagecoach haven't put out a tweet saying. Oh were running buses to a different timetable due to a final. What about all pubs in Sunderland that will play the match on tv

Stagecoach don’t have a staff shortage in Sunderland. That’s the difference. They are only under pressure in Newcastle due to the 317 service contract award and return of the 100.

Unber43

19 May 2022, 3:18 pm #263
(19 May 2022, 3:16 pm)Dan Stagecoach don’t have a staff shortage in Sunderland. That’s the difference. They are only under pressure in Newcastle due to the 317 service contract award and return of the 100.

GNE won't be under pressure for long. Also there has been barely any sunderland cancellations recently.
Unber43
19 May 2022, 3:18 pm #263

(19 May 2022, 3:16 pm)Dan Stagecoach don’t have a staff shortage in Sunderland. That’s the difference. They are only under pressure in Newcastle due to the 317 service contract award and return of the 100.

GNE won't be under pressure for long. Also there has been barely any sunderland cancellations recently.

Ambassador

19 May 2022, 3:55 pm #264
The fact that a competent professional in a well paid role signed it off is the biggest worry.

It shows how utterly out of touch some of the management are

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
19 May 2022, 3:55 pm #264

The fact that a competent professional in a well paid role signed it off is the biggest worry.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

F114TML

19 May 2022, 4:22 pm #265
(19 May 2022, 3:18 pm)Unber43 GNE won't be under pressure for long. Also there has been barely any sunderland cancellations recently.
Because the way they're going, they won't even exist in a few years.
F114TML
19 May 2022, 4:22 pm #265

(19 May 2022, 3:18 pm)Unber43 GNE won't be under pressure for long. Also there has been barely any sunderland cancellations recently.
Because the way they're going, they won't even exist in a few years.

Unber43

19 May 2022, 6:07 pm #266
Seems as though 'everyone' is going down to Wembley I doubt we will see many full buses or close to full.

(19 May 2022, 3:55 pm)Ambassador The fact that a competent professional in a well paid role signed it off is the biggest worry.

Its not just that, its the fact this is the 2nd or 3rd major services changes to get the future ready. 

Thats bad management - honestly I will always pick GNE over SC & Arriva - I think there are better however all these changes are a bit of a joke, how can people trust a bus company when they are going to withdraw like 15 routes in once.
Edited 19 May 2022, 6:12 pm by Unber43.
Unber43
19 May 2022, 6:07 pm #266

Seems as though 'everyone' is going down to Wembley I doubt we will see many full buses or close to full.

(19 May 2022, 3:55 pm)Ambassador The fact that a competent professional in a well paid role signed it off is the biggest worry.

Its not just that, its the fact this is the 2nd or 3rd major services changes to get the future ready. 

Thats bad management - honestly I will always pick GNE over SC & Arriva - I think there are better however all these changes are a bit of a joke, how can people trust a bus company when they are going to withdraw like 15 routes in once.

Andreos1

19 May 2022, 6:17 pm #267
(19 May 2022, 3:55 pm)Ambassador The fact that *someone* in a well paid role signed it off is the biggest worry.

Fixed it for you.

Professional and competent? Not sure that description works for whoever signed that one off.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
19 May 2022, 6:17 pm #267

(19 May 2022, 3:55 pm)Ambassador The fact that *someone* in a well paid role signed it off is the biggest worry.

Fixed it for you.

Professional and competent? Not sure that description works for whoever signed that one off.

19 May 2022, 8:09 pm #268
(19 May 2022, 6:17 pm)Andreos1 Fixed it for you.

I see there's an enthusiast been busy on the GNE facebook page, picking a fight with any customers posting negative sentiments with regard to the reduced operations planned for Saturday.
stagecoachbusdepot
19 May 2022, 8:09 pm #268

(19 May 2022, 6:17 pm)Andreos1 Fixed it for you.

I see there's an enthusiast been busy on the GNE facebook page, picking a fight with any customers posting negative sentiments with regard to the reduced operations planned for Saturday.

Storx

19 May 2022, 8:30 pm #269
(19 May 2022, 8:09 pm)stagecoachbusdepot I see there's an enthusiast been busy on the GNE facebook page, picking a fight with any customers posting negative sentiments with regard to the reduced operations planned for Saturday.

They'd be banned instantly if I was running it. Some sad sad people around but then that's Facebook pretty much in general.
Storx
19 May 2022, 8:30 pm #269

(19 May 2022, 8:09 pm)stagecoachbusdepot I see there's an enthusiast been busy on the GNE facebook page, picking a fight with any customers posting negative sentiments with regard to the reduced operations planned for Saturday.

They'd be banned instantly if I was running it. Some sad sad people around but then that's Facebook pretty much in general.

Andreos1

20 May 2022, 8:12 am #270
I see the mass exodus from Sunderland has began.
Getting all sorts of images and videos on my social media of fans heading off to London.
It will be interesting to see the huge impact on services today.

Andreos1
20 May 2022, 8:12 am #270

I see the mass exodus from Sunderland has began.
Getting all sorts of images and videos on my social media of fans heading off to London.

20 May 2022, 12:21 pm #271
(20 May 2022, 8:12 am)Andreos1 I see the mass exodus from Sunderland has began.

I heard all the supermarkets are shutting up shop for the weekend and the pubs are all closing.  Just no people to be found in the City, so giving all their staff a day off.  Oh wait, they are businesses that are actually run professionally.
stagecoachbusdepot
20 May 2022, 12:21 pm #271

(20 May 2022, 8:12 am)Andreos1 I see the mass exodus from Sunderland has began.

I heard all the supermarkets are shutting up shop for the weekend and the pubs are all closing.  Just no people to be found in the City, so giving all their staff a day off.  Oh wait, they are businesses that are actually run professionally.

big mac

20 May 2022, 4:01 pm #272
It makes me wonder if they're doing this now, is this going to set a precedent for the future in that whenever any kind of event is happening GNE are going to use that as a convenient excuse to reduce service levels on that day.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
big mac
20 May 2022, 4:01 pm #272

It makes me wonder if they're doing this now, is this going to set a precedent for the future in that whenever any kind of event is happening GNE are going to use that as a convenient excuse to reduce service levels on that day.

Unber43

20 May 2022, 8:24 pm #273
It might aswell put Consett on Sunday service, after tomorrow’s cancellations

(20 May 2022, 4:01 pm)big mac It makes me wonder if they're doing this now, is this going to set a precedent for the future in that whenever any kind of event is happening GNE are going to use that as a convenient excuse to reduce service levels on that day.

Can't wait for a Ed Sherrans concert at the Stadium of light. 

"Evening service cancelled during his performace as we are expecting to carry less passengers" 

All services come to a halt for the World Cup
Edited 20 May 2022, 8:25 pm by Unber43.
Unber43
20 May 2022, 8:24 pm #273

It might aswell put Consett on Sunday service, after tomorrow’s cancellations

(20 May 2022, 4:01 pm)big mac It makes me wonder if they're doing this now, is this going to set a precedent for the future in that whenever any kind of event is happening GNE are going to use that as a convenient excuse to reduce service levels on that day.

Can't wait for a Ed Sherrans concert at the Stadium of light. 

"Evening service cancelled during his performace as we are expecting to carry less passengers" 

All services come to a halt for the World Cup

James101

21 May 2022, 8:42 am #274
At least 4 SAFC supporters boarded the train I’m on from Stoke this morning. Bravely, First Potteries are still going to provide a full service today.

Like others have said, it’s not the service reduction that grates, it’s the spin. Just re-read the press release and there’s not even an apology. Happy to take your season ticket money then reduce its value by removing journeys.

It’s tone deaf and arrogant.
James101
21 May 2022, 8:42 am #274

At least 4 SAFC supporters boarded the train I’m on from Stoke this morning. Bravely, First Potteries are still going to provide a full service today.

Like others have said, it’s not the service reduction that grates, it’s the spin. Just re-read the press release and there’s not even an apology. Happy to take your season ticket money then reduce its value by removing journeys.

big mac

21 May 2022, 9:37 am #275
(21 May 2022, 8:42 am)James101 At least 4 SAFC supporters boarded the train I’m on from Stoke this morning. Bravely, First Potteries are still going to provide a full service today.

Yeah, I mean the way they've worded it makes it sound like it's a perfectly normal thing to do and should just be accepted as such by the customer. In reality, it's totally unacceptable practice and should rightly be criticised.

big mac
21 May 2022, 9:37 am #275

(21 May 2022, 8:42 am)James101 At least 4 SAFC supporters boarded the train I’m on from Stoke this morning. Bravely, First Potteries are still going to provide a full service today.

Yeah, I mean the way they've worded it makes it sound like it's a perfectly normal thing to do and should just be accepted as such by the customer. In reality, it's totally unacceptable practice and should rightly be criticised.

Unber43

21 May 2022, 10:33 am #276
Something tells me that GNE may go to a Sunday timetable with extra morning services in a few months when these changes don't work (on saturdays

Well they will, they'll just get people in cars.
Unber43
21 May 2022, 10:33 am #276

Something tells me that GNE may go to a Sunday timetable with extra morning services in a few months when these changes don't work (on saturdays

Well they will, they'll just get people in cars.

Jimmi

21 May 2022, 12:10 pm #277

But, but, they're all at Wembley?!!! The bus company says so?!!! Sunderland will be deserted, Google Maps must be lying?!!! Look North says they'll be plenty of people flocking to Sunderland today, they must be lying too?!!! We've "all" come down with football fever and it's everyone's whole lives and must revolve around the fixtures list?!!

The blissful ignorance of a spin is unbelievable, no apology and an excuse that's not going to go down too well for those of us who couldn't give a toss about football or have somewhere important to be today, granted the match has likely led to an additional shortage of drivers who may be following the match in some form but the excuse of a football match for service reductions, especially one that's happening at Wembley will be lost on anyone who isn't interested in it and question why they should be inconvinced by it. Like I said earlier, at a time when people are fed up with bus companies coming up with every excuse and constantly blaming COVID with little improvement (if any it's going the other way), to blame a service reduction on a football match is such a smack to the face to those who have already had to persevere with months of sub par service offerings, whilst I agree with the decision that reducing the frequency to ensure greater liklihoods is somewhat a lesser of evil options they could've made, its just the spin they put on it that's come across as tone death to some.
.jpg
Screenshot_20220521-124115_Maps.jpg
Size 108.21 KB / Downloads 16
Jimmi
21 May 2022, 12:10 pm #277

But, but, they're all at Wembley?!!! The bus company says so?!!! Sunderland will be deserted, Google Maps must be lying?!!! Look North says they'll be plenty of people flocking to Sunderland today, they must be lying too?!!! We've "all" come down with football fever and it's everyone's whole lives and must revolve around the fixtures list?!!

The blissful ignorance of a spin is unbelievable, no apology and an excuse that's not going to go down too well for those of us who couldn't give a toss about football or have somewhere important to be today, granted the match has likely led to an additional shortage of drivers who may be following the match in some form but the excuse of a football match for service reductions, especially one that's happening at Wembley will be lost on anyone who isn't interested in it and question why they should be inconvinced by it. Like I said earlier, at a time when people are fed up with bus companies coming up with every excuse and constantly blaming COVID with little improvement (if any it's going the other way), to blame a service reduction on a football match is such a smack to the face to those who have already had to persevere with months of sub par service offerings, whilst I agree with the decision that reducing the frequency to ensure greater liklihoods is somewhat a lesser of evil options they could've made, its just the spin they put on it that's come across as tone death to some.
.jpg
Screenshot_20220521-124115_Maps.jpg
Size 108.21 KB / Downloads 16

Unber43

21 May 2022, 12:13 pm #278
(21 May 2022, 12:10 pm)Jimmi But, but, they're all at Wembley?!!! The bus company says so?!!! Sunderland will be deserted, Google Maps must be lying?!!! Look North says they'll be plenty of people flocking to Sunderland today, they must be lying too?!!! We've "all" come down with football fever and it's everyone's whole lives and must revolve around the fixtures list?!!

I think if we've learned anything over the past say week is that GNE is just ignorant.

Do these marketing "professional" and "leadership" have a Degree in bad business

Also yesterday I saw GNE false advertise about 30 times, one must have a degree in false advertising aswell
Edited 21 May 2022, 12:16 pm by Unber43.
Unber43
21 May 2022, 12:13 pm #278

(21 May 2022, 12:10 pm)Jimmi But, but, they're all at Wembley?!!! The bus company says so?!!! Sunderland will be deserted, Google Maps must be lying?!!! Look North says they'll be plenty of people flocking to Sunderland today, they must be lying too?!!! We've "all" come down with football fever and it's everyone's whole lives and must revolve around the fixtures list?!!

I think if we've learned anything over the past say week is that GNE is just ignorant.

Do these marketing "professional" and "leadership" have a Degree in bad business

Also yesterday I saw GNE false advertise about 30 times, one must have a degree in false advertising aswell

F114TML

21 May 2022, 2:22 pm #279
(21 May 2022, 12:13 pm)Unber43 I think if we've learned anything over the past say week is that GNE is just ignorant.

Regarding what?
F114TML
21 May 2022, 2:22 pm #279

(21 May 2022, 12:13 pm)Unber43 I think if we've learned anything over the past say week is that GNE is just ignorant.

Regarding what?

Unber43

21 May 2022, 2:23 pm #280
(21 May 2022, 2:22 pm)F114TML Regarding what?
Charge your phone. 

Seen it on 10/10A/10B. E400's, Country Ranger, every 20. 

They know they don't work. I understand for the 20. 

But they have just rebranded the 10/10A/10B and know they don't work so why advertise it
Unber43
21 May 2022, 2:23 pm #280

(21 May 2022, 2:22 pm)F114TML Regarding what?
Charge your phone. 

Seen it on 10/10A/10B. E400's, Country Ranger, every 20. 

They know they don't work. I understand for the 20. 

But they have just rebranded the 10/10A/10B and know they don't work so why advertise it

Pages (15) Previous 113 14 15 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average