You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot

RE: Closure of Chester-le-Street Depot
(09 Aug 2022, 1:36 pm)Ambassador wrote As if by magic a press release has appeared - improved package offered to Colleagues with the result expected on Thursday. Union recommendation to accept

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/chester-le...pot-update
The union is so bad, also it basically shows that GNE have no backbone.Ā 

WE will withdraw the package if a union strike is voted for... I hope they still go for Union action
(09 Aug 2022, 2:09 pm)Unber43 wrote The union is so bad, also it basically shows that GNE have no backbone.Ā 

WE will withdraw the package if a union strike is voted for... I hope they still go for Union action
What are you arguing for? The union is bad but you hope they still take action, despite not knowing what the offer is and ignoring the fact its been recommended for acceptance?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Forum ModeratorĀ |Ā Find NEB on facebook
(09 Aug 2022, 2:19 pm)Adrian wrote What are you arguing for? The union is bad but you hope they still take action, despite not knowing what the offer is and ignoring the fact its been recommended for acceptance?

I'm guessing the new offer must be good as it hasn't been 'leaked' to the papers yet! (although there's still time)
(09 Aug 2022, 2:19 pm)Adrian wrote What are you arguing for? The union is bad but you hope they still take action, despite not knowing what the offer is and ignoring the fact its been recommended for acceptance?

I think some people just say anything in an attempt to get over, not realising that it takes a specific skillet to do so.
If there is a strike I hope GNE uses the 56' Plate OmniDekka's as they offer the most capacity and the 21/X21 or whatever they decide to run will need the extra capacity.
(10 Aug 2022, 7:10 pm)Unber43 wrote If there is a strike I hope GNE uses the 56' Plate OmniDekka's as they offer the most capacity and the 21/X21 or whatever they decide to run will need the extra capacity.
Arriva X12 between Durham & Newcastle will be popular
(10 Aug 2022, 7:10 pm)Unber43 wrote If there is a strike I hope GNE uses the 56' Plate OmniDekka's as they offer the most capacity and the 21/X21 or whatever they decide to run will need the extra capacity.
Why would they opt to use a less fuel efficient vehicle when they'll only be getting a fraction of their normal revenue?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator Ā | Ā Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(10 Aug 2022, 7:24 pm)northern156 wrote Why would they opt to use a less fuel efficient vehicle when they'll only be getting a fraction of their normal revenue?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Because they have 20 more seats than the usual Angels?
I can't see having to loan buses from another depot to cover a service during a strike will go down too well with their striking workforce.
(11 Aug 2022, 11:49 am)Ambassador wrote Offer accepted, industrial action averted
Thatā€™ll disappoint some on here, one less thing to complain about
(11 Aug 2022, 5:16 pm)Wybus wrote Thatā€™ll disappoint some on here, one less thing to complain about
I donā€™t think anyone wanted this or would have enjoyed it.

For all GNEs many failings, a strike would have decimated what little confidence anyone has and caused serious issues for long term viability
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(11 Aug 2022, 9:11 pm)Ambassador wrote I donā€™t think anyone wanted this or would have enjoyed it.

For all GNEs many failings, a strike would have decimated what little confidence anyone has and caused serious issues for long term viability
I think most of us know that.
Meanwhile the 'anti-GNE agenda' paranoia that persists and even the 'GNE can do no wrong fan boys' seem to be convinced otherwise.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(11 Aug 2022, 9:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote I think most of us know that.
Meanwhile the 'anti-GNE agenda' paranoia that persists and even the 'GNE can do no wrong fan boys' seem to be convinced otherwise.

Does that really exist anymore?

Everyone is pretty critical on here nowadays and I can't imagine 'Big Nige' attracting a fanbase like other MDs with his approach
(11 Aug 2022, 9:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote I think most of us know that.
Ā People on here might think i have it in for GNE ( Dan!) but its only cause they have a monopoly (alomost) where i live. If my mate was a member on here he wouldn't have a bad word to say about GNE as the Q3 is much better than the arriva 43/44/45 which is " the worst bus servie in the world" everytime on doesn't run or the pout a baby solo on the 3pm 44 to EDinnington when they know gossy high school kicks out at 3pm and they all try to pile on!
Site Administrator
(12 Aug 2022, 10:11 am)Rob44 wrote Ā People on here might think i have it in for GNE ( Dan!) but its only cause they have a monopoly (alomost) where i live. If my mate was a member on here he wouldn't have a bad word to say about GNE as the Q3 is much better than the arriva 43/44/45 which is " the worst bus servie in the world" everytime on doesn't run or the pout a baby solo on the 3pm 44 to EDinnington when they know gossy high school kicks out at 3pm and they all try to pile on!

I donā€™t think you have it in for Go North East, Rob! I think you like a drink or two though, hee-hee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12 Aug 2022, 5:52 am)MurdnunoC wrote Does that really exist anymore?

Everyone is pretty critical on here nowadays and I can't imagine 'Big Nige' attracting a fanbase like other MDs with his approach
Oh aye. Still there. They're like tories though. Just a little bit quiet and embarrassed at the moment.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(13 Aug 2022, 8:17 pm)idiot wrote Any public leaks what the revised offer was?

Severance pay for a very small number of drivers. Otherwise the same as before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just seen this on North East Bus Enthusiasts Facebook page, after 6943 was spotted going through Gateshead:

Route learning for 57/58 at Washington
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Aug 2022, 3:37 pm)Michael wrote Just seen this on North East Bus Enthusiasts Facebook page, after 6943 was spotted going through Gateshead:

Where are they going to park them?
(27 Aug 2022, 3:37 pm)Michael wrote Just seen this on North East Bus Enthusiasts Facebook page, after 6943 was spotted going through Gateshead:

Wouldn't be surprised to see some odd routes move around to cover the driver issue.

Be interesting to see what happens with Percy Main aswell as they're rather lacking routes (1/19/41(A)/309/310/311). Wonder if they might gain something from elsewhere but not sure what there's only really the 9/24/26 triangle that's anywhere near.