Menu

Pages (28)    17 8 928   
Dan   30 Dec 2022, 9:49 pm
(30 Dec 2022, 9:13 pm)Unber43 wrote Which of 3941/42/43 & 3962/63/64/65 are Euro 6? and what are the future plans for these? 

Will they be spaced around the depot for emergency spares for Newcastle services, and not allowed on any other routes?

They’re all Euro 6.

3941-43 at Deptford, 3962-65 at Riverside - spares and schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Malarkey   03 Jan 2023, 4:15 pm
5255 is now part of Driver Training Fleet, looks as though we could seeing the end of the remaining Scania L94UB Wright Solars.
Ambassador   03 Jan 2023, 4:37 pm
There seems to be an awful lot of angel Streetdecks off the road

Green arrows, quay cities and all sorts on it again

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Malarkey   03 Jan 2023, 5:56 pm
(03 Jan 2023, 4:37 pm)Ambassador wrote There seems to be an awful lot of angel Streetdecks off the road

Green arrows, quay cities and all sorts on it again

Been like that since Riverside took over operations of the 21/X21 after Chester-Le-Street closed, Tyne Valley Ten allocations have also had a few wrong allocations lately, when I checked Bustimes.org earlier this afternoon there was x3 Green X-Lines Streetdeck's on, elsewhere at Washington there was 5 Red Xlines Streetdeck off route on the 50/58 while Omnidekka's that have transferred from Percy Main/Riverside were on the X1 and the other noteworthy one is the 56 which had a few Ex-Lothian B9's allocated. 

Seems to be reliability/long term vor issues with Wrightbus vehicles at the moment from the looks of it.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   03 Jan 2023, 7:39 pm
Given the Angel Streetdecks were registered in December, I'd imagine they may be awaiting parts for their MOT?
Ambassador   03 Jan 2023, 9:52 pm
(03 Jan 2023, 5:56 pm)Malarkey wrote Been like that since Riverside took over operations of the 21/X21 after Chester-Le-Street closed, Tyne Valley Ten allocations have also had a few wrong allocations lately, when I checked Bustimes.org earlier this afternoon there was x3 Green X-Lines Streetdeck's on, elsewhere at Washington there was 5 Red Xlines Streetdeck off route on the 50/58 while Omnidekka's that have transferred from Percy Main/Riverside were on the X1 and the other noteworthy one is the 56 which had a few Ex-Lothian B9's allocated. 

Seems to be reliability/long term vor issues with Wrightbus vehicles at the moment from the looks of it.

It’s not necessarily wrong allocations as such but Riverside, with schools off, must have an abundance of double deck vehicles far more suitable than a green arrow to do a rush hour working to Durham out of Newcastle. 

I’d say it’s more a lack of common sense at the allocation end. Perhaps needs to be more educated thought into the process

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
logidoodah   03 Jan 2023, 10:39 pm
(03 Jan 2023, 9:52 pm)Ambassador wrote It’s not necessarily wrong allocations as such but Riverside, with schools off, must have an abundance of double deck vehicles far more suitable than a green arrow to do a rush hour working to Durham out of Newcastle. 

I’d say it’s more a lack of common sense at the allocation end. Perhaps needs to be more educated thought into the process

This may be a stupid question but how are the allocations decided?
Does the driver choose on the spot, do they get told or is there a bus waiting? (this is from someone with no knowledge of how it works) I've always wondered.
deanmachine   03 Jan 2023, 11:42 pm
(03 Jan 2023, 10:39 pm)logidoodah wrote This may be a stupid question but how are the allocations decided?
Does the driver choose on the spot, do they get told or is there a bus waiting? (this is from someone with no knowledge of how it works) I've always wondered.

The yardmen are suppose to park the buses in a fashion where they're easily separated, then the night yardman allocates vehicles to the boards for the morning run out. Quite often the problems with the allocation can be due to buses being parked in the wrong location meaning they can't get them out in the morning in the correct order.

Drivers are told on a sheet (or a computer screen at the newer depots) which vehicle to take and where it's parked in the yard in reference to their running board/duty number.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
logidoodah   04 Jan 2023, 1:19 pm
(03 Jan 2023, 11:42 pm)deanmachine wrote The yardmen are suppose to park the buses in a fashion where they're easily separated, then the night yardman allocates vehicles to the boards for the morning run out. Quite often the problems with the allocation can be due to buses being parked in the wrong location meaning they can't get them out in the morning in the correct order.

Drivers are told on a sheet (or a computer screen at the newer depots) which vehicle to take and where it's parked in the yard in reference to their running board/duty number.

Ah right. That's great thanks for letting me know. I've always wondered about it ☺️
OrangeArrow49   04 Jan 2023, 3:01 pm
(30 Dec 2022, 9:49 pm)Dan wrote They’re all Euro 6.

3941-43 at Deptford, 3962-65 at Riverside - spares and schools.

I see you have blocked me on LinkedIn. Just wanted to apologise if I did something wrong. Guess it wasn't the right place. Sorry.
Adrian   04 Jan 2023, 4:12 pm
(04 Jan 2023, 3:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote I see you have blocked me on LinkedIn. Just wanted to apologise if I did something wrong. Guess it wasn't the right place. Sorry.

Why are you messaging him on LinkedIn? Not being funny, but it's not really a platform designed for enthusiasts to contact company employees.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
OrangeArrow49   04 Jan 2023, 5:46 pm
(04 Jan 2023, 4:12 pm)Adrian wrote Why are you messaging him on LinkedIn? Not being funny, but it's not really a platform designed for enthusiasts to contact company employees.

Yes, I know. I messed up. Just had been connected on LinkedIn and sent him a quick message.  Now I'm upset with myself because I made a stupid mistake I can't take back and I'm sorry. At first I messaged him as fellow enthusiasts, nothing to do with him being a company employee. Then I didn't realise I was doing anything wrong, but I was. Seriously I wish I could take it all back and start again. 

Fair enough to block me on LinkedIn, I just wanted to apologise. He might acknowledge it on here, I don't know. Can't do any more than apologise. Genuinely sorry. Live and learn.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   05 Jan 2023, 9:14 am
(04 Jan 2023, 5:46 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Yes, I know. I messed up. Just had been connected on LinkedIn and sent him a quick message.  Now I'm upset with myself because I made a stupid mistake I can't take back and I'm sorry. At first I messaged him as fellow enthusiasts, nothing to do with him being a company employee. Then I didn't realise I was doing anything wrong, but I was. Seriously I wish I could take it all back and start again. 

Fair enough to block me on LinkedIn, I just wanted to apologise. He might acknowledge it on here, I don't know. Can't do any more than apologise. Genuinely sorry. Live and learn.

I wouldn't worry about it. Every day is a learning day, but I think it's sometimes worth remembering that we all have lives, and some of us jobs, away from being an enthusiast. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
OrangeArrow49   05 Jan 2023, 10:20 am
(05 Jan 2023, 9:14 am)Adrian wrote I wouldn't worry about it. Every day is a learning day, but I think it's sometimes worth remembering that we all have lives, and some of us jobs, away from being an enthusiast. Smile

I know and fully understand getting blocked on LinkedIn. He could have maybe given me a warning first, but I can see I was stupid. Just wish he would engage on here at least, as fellow enthusiasts. Didn't realise at first I was doing anything wrong and just thought he was too busy to reply. Not going to lie, getting blocked hurt.
R852 PRG   05 Jan 2023, 11:17 am
(05 Jan 2023, 10:20 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote I know and fully understand getting blocked on LinkedIn. He could have maybe given me a warning first, but I can see I was stupid. Just wish he would engage on here at least, as fellow enthusiasts. Didn't realise at first I was doing anything wrong and just thought he was too busy to reply. Not going to lie, getting blocked hurt.

Might I advise that you open a dialogue with northern156 regarding your concerns.
OrangeArrow49   05 Jan 2023, 11:21 am
(05 Jan 2023, 11:17 am)R852 PRG wrote Might I advise that you open a dialogue with northern156 regarding your concerns.

Is that a joke? Why?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   05 Jan 2023, 11:33 am
(05 Jan 2023, 11:21 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote Is that a joke? Why?

He's the most approachable moderator on the forum and is happy to answer most queries in a prompt and respectful manner. That's my experience anyway, that's why I've given him reputation points as the Forum's Best Moderator.
OrangeArrow49   05 Jan 2023, 11:44 am
(05 Jan 2023, 11:33 am)MurdnunoC wrote He's the most approachable moderator on the forum and is happy to answer most queries in a prompt and respectful manner. That's my experience anyway, that's why I've given him reputation points as the Forum's Best Moderator.

Great. I just got blocked on LinkedIn because it wasn't the right platform. Hopefully Dan will still engage with me on here, as fellow enthusiasts. All I asked for was a picture of a bus with my choice of display, because it's fun. Stupidly I didn't think and put a couple of questions to him that I should have posted on here instead (just about branding/allocations) before that.
R852 PRG   05 Jan 2023, 12:47 pm
(05 Jan 2023, 11:44 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote Great. I just got blocked on LinkedIn because it wasn't the right platform. Hopefully Dan will still engage with me on here, as fellow enthusiasts. All I asked for was a picture of a bus with my choice of display, because it's fun. Stupidly I didn't think and put a couple of questions to him that I should have posted on here instead (just about branding/allocations) before that.

As MurdnunoC articulates above, northern156 might be best placed for further discourse on this matter.
streetdeckfan   05 Jan 2023, 12:59 pm
(05 Jan 2023, 11:44 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote Great. I just got blocked on LinkedIn because it wasn't the right platform. Hopefully Dan will still engage with me on here, as fellow enthusiasts. All I asked for was a picture of a bus with my choice of display, because it's fun. Stupidly I didn't think and put a couple of questions to him that I should have posted on here instead (just about branding/allocations) before that.

Why not just find his address and send him a friendly letter?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
cbma06   05 Jan 2023, 2:25 pm

Why don’t you go through normal channels and email GNE customer services asking for the request, or wait patiently until GNE has an open day at one of there bus depots.

MurdnunoC   05 Jan 2023, 3:06 pm
(05 Jan 2023, 12:59 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Why not just find his address and send him a friendly letter?

Why stop there? If he has his address, why not just wait outside his door to ask him? 

But even in the context of the forum, Dan, or indeed anybody else, is under no obligation to reply to any questions posed to them. Enthusiasts should remember that at times!
streetdeckfan   05 Jan 2023, 3:18 pm
(05 Jan 2023, 3:06 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Why stop there? If he has his address, why not just wait outside his door to ask him? 

But even in the context of the forum, Dan, or indeed anybody else, is under no obligation to reply to any questions posed to them. Enthusiasts should remember that at times!

A letter is creepier IMO.

Or, better yet, if you have his address, order some embarrassing free samples to his address.

I'd imagine they may have come in handy for those Ten Percent Club parties!
Andreos1   05 Jan 2023, 4:19 pm
(05 Jan 2023, 3:18 pm)streetdeckfan wrote A letter is creepier IMO.

Or, better yet, if you have his address, order some embarrassing free samples to his address.

I'd imagine they may have come in handy for those Ten Percent Club parties!

Our very own Daniel gets invited to the Ten Percent Club parties?!
Wonder if he's a +1 or is an actual member now.

If you can't find his address, there's always the option of waiting outside the office car park for him. 
Or, waiting till he's doing a driving shift and say hello there?

I think the two of you need to make up and be friends again. 
If he is a member of the Ten Percent Club, he could invite you as his +1 and introduce you to all of the other members!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   05 Jan 2023, 4:44 pm
(05 Jan 2023, 4:19 pm)Andreos1 wrote Our very own Daniel gets invited to the Ten Percent Club parties?!
Wonder if he's a +1 or is an actual member now.

If you can't find his address, there's always the option of waiting outside the office car park for him. 
Or, waiting till he's doing a driving shift and say hello there?

I think the two of you need to make up and be friends again. 
If he is a member of the Ten Percent Club, he could invite you as his +1 and introduce you to all of the other members!

He was never formally invited. He was just chauffeuring MG back and forth in 6377. 
One time they took pity on him and let him in, the USB ports weren't working on 6377 and he couldn't charge up his personal massager.

Last I heard, he's been attending as a +0.5. He hasn't yet reached enough positive Tweets about Best Impressions to gain a full membership.
nova347   11 Jan 2023, 7:22 pm
Anyone know whats happened to 5371, its been off since Late November according to Bustimes?
BFK   12 Jan 2023, 6:13 pm
(11 Jan 2023, 7:22 pm)nova347 wrote Anyone know whats happened to 5371, its been off since Late November according to Bustimes?

5371 is awaiting a new engine.
TEN 6083   15 Jan 2023, 4:24 pm
Was coming up the A1 at around half past 2 yesterday afternoon and saw a corporate livery Citaro with no vinyls heading south, didn’t see the fleetnumber as was driving. Guess it was heading to new pastures.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   15 Jan 2023, 4:27 pm
(15 Jan 2023, 4:24 pm)TEN 6083 wrote Was coming up the A1 at around half past 2 yesterday afternoon and saw a corporate livery Citaro with no vinyls heading south, didn’t see the fleetnumber as was driving. Guess it was heading to new pastures.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk

It’ll be 5323 in use on rail replacement which was sold to City Transport Ltd.

Dans_bus_photos   15 Jan 2023, 6:02 pm
(15 Jan 2023, 4:27 pm)Dan wrote It’ll be 5323 in use on rail replacement which was sold to City Transport Ltd.

Have any of the other withdrawn Merc's been sold on or scrapped?
Pages (28)    17 8 928