Rate Thread
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
|
Bus Station Guides
06 Feb 2023, 7:12 pm,
Bus Station Guides
Just noticed these bus station guides that are on the GNE website, example: https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...202023.pdf

Showing which stands each Service uses, I think it’s GNE produced? But it includes all local bus services, not just GNE routes. Quite handy and they seem to have done them for most bus stations and interchanges including smaller ones like Winlaton and Hetton. Although they haven’t done a Seaham one! Nice touch.
06 Feb 2023, 7:23 pm,
RE: Bus Station Guides
Canny decent that like
Kind Regards
Tez
06 Feb 2023, 7:57 pm,
Where are they on the website?
06 Feb 2023, 8:01 pm,
(06 Feb 2023, 7:57 pm)Unber43 wrote Where are they on the website?

Timetable section:

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
mb134   15 Jun 2024, 2:37 pm
(15 Jun 2024, 2:30 pm)Rob44 wrote i was on a GNE bus a while bacck when a W/c user who lived in my street tried to get on but the ramp didn't work. the driver went on his phone/radio and granted i didn't hear the whole conversation but the bus left with out them and by the time I got home they were just getting out of a Wheelchair accessible taxi ( they as in w/c user and person with them) and all the shopping at there door whilst i walked from the bus stop in the driving wind. Didn't sound like discrimination in that case!

The issue is that response shouldn't be required, and wheelchair users should be able to board buses. Obviously a broken ramp is slightly different (provided it was checked and worked on a first use inspection, and the defect happened in service), but the reports on here and elsewhere indicate that GNE have been knowingly sending out vehicles that cannot safely board wheelchair users at various bus stations, due to the centre door position of the ramp.
06 Feb 2023, 8:33 pm,
i think the addition of the companies running the services would help, could be confusing for people not from the area.
06 Feb 2023, 9:12 pm,
On a related note, some of the routes now have proper pdf route maps, such as the 56 and 8 as well.
06 Feb 2023, 9:27 pm,
This probably should be in the general forum but it's not worth creating a new thread.

Stagecoach have also updated their route maps for those interested in this stuff. Both Sunderland and Newcastle have been done.
06 Feb 2023, 9:54 pm,
Spot the error

.jpg   IMG_20230206_214611.jpg (Size 60.8 KB / Downloads 7)
[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
(15 Jun 2024, 2:30 pm)Rob44 wrote i was on a GNE bus a while bacck when a W/c user who lived in my street tried to get on but the ramp didn't work. the driver went on his phone/radio and granted i didn't hear the whole conversation but the bus left with out them and by the time I got home they were just getting out of a Wheelchair accessible taxi ( they as in w/c user and person with them) and all the shopping at there door whilst i walked from the bus stop in the driving wind. Didn't sound like discrimination in that case!

The issue is that response shouldn't be required, and wheelchair users should be able to board buses. Obviously a broken ramp is slightly different (provided it was checked and worked on a first use inspection, and the defect happened in service), but the reports on here and elsewhere indicate that GNE have been knowingly sending out vehicles that cannot safely board wheelchair users at various bus stations, due to the centre door position of the ramp.
06 Feb 2023, 9:59 pm,
(06 Feb 2023, 9:54 pm)wibblejunior wrote Spot the error

You're baiting someone to say that the buses don't go to Framwellgate Moor but it's the stands are the wrong way round Tongue
06 Feb 2023, 10:50 pm,
(06 Feb 2023, 9:59 pm)Storx wrote You're baiting someone to say that the buses don't go to Framwellgate Moor but it's the stands are the wrong way round Tongue
Well they do, and stop near our house but the stands are for North Road.
06 Feb 2023, 10:58 pm,
(06 Feb 2023, 9:27 pm)Storx wrote This probably should be in the general forum but it's not worth creating a new thread.

Stagecoach have also updated their route maps for those interested in this stuff. Both Sunderland and Newcastle have been done.

This has to get the prize for the most useful map in existence! Big Grin
https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...oneMap.pdf
06 Feb 2023, 11:19 pm,
2 2A and 39b no where to be seen on Washington galleries map

07 Feb 2023, 12:07 am,
A nice attempt…but if you’re waiting for a bus to Birtley it suggests the 28 which serves…4 stops in Birtley whereas the 21 which doesn’t mention Birtley serves..well, all of them
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
07 Feb 2023, 8:50 am,
I've just noticed that coach road estate is missing on the washington services guide.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/