You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East March 2023 changes

RE: Go North East March 2023 changes
(07 Mar 2023, 12:37 pm)Thomas12 wrote There is also confirmation that the 1 will be replacing the 97.

Registration number PB0003954/1221
Licence Number PB0003954
Status Variation
Service number.1, 1
Service type Normal Stopping
Start point Whitley Bay
Finish point Metrocentre
Via Tynemouth, North Shields, Howdon, Wallsend, Byker, Newcastle, Gateshead, Whickham
Date received 07 Mar 2023
Effective date 26 Mar 2023

PVR will increase to 13.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
so a PVR increase of around 4. They're going to struggle with the reliability as the 17 plates seem to just break down all of the time
(09 Mar 2023, 8:57 pm)Michael wrote PVR will increase to 13.

Going off the timetable it'll be 14
(09 Mar 2023, 9:07 pm)Unber43 wrote so a PVR increase of around 4. They're going to struggle with the reliability as the 17 plates seem to just break down all of the time

Probably have 5468/69 plus 5479/80 painted into Coaster then to make up the PVR.

Could then swap 5453-5461 at Consett for 5488/5490-5498 to place onto the 6, 66 plate Streetlites cover allocations for the 25/28/28B/29 at Riverside once theY move over from Washington, 5462-5467 would also be spare to be allocated elsewhere.

As for the spare Yutong's with the Q3 Frequency Reduction I could see these on the X66.
(09 Mar 2023, 10:34 pm)Malarkey wrote Probably have 5468/69 plus 5479/80 painted into Coaster then to make up the PVR.

Could then swap 5453-5461 at Consett for 5488/5490-5498 to place onto the 6, 66 plate Streetlites cover allocations for the 25/28/28B/29 at Riverside once theY move over from Washington, 5462-5467 would also be spare to be allocated elsewhere.

As for the spare Yutong's with the Q3 Frequency Reduction I could see these on the X66.

Is branding still a thing?  Don't think there's been anything repainted to anything other than corporate since they got rid of Gilbert?
(09 Mar 2023, 10:34 pm)Malarkey wrote Probably have 5468/69 plus 5479/80 painted into Coaster then to make up the PVR.

Is there any point with how unpredictable the 1 seems to be? Like another post pointed out earlier in the thread in the space of about 5-10 years the coasters changer 3 times. If they repainted more buses into coaster livery i doubt that they’ll be needing it within the next year or so.
(07 Mar 2023, 7:59 pm)Storx wrote Arriva will have surplus space when the Northumberland Line opens next year as it will hit some routes hard in particular the X7, X8, X9, X10, X11 and X21. Don't underestimate how much damage it will do for bus numbers as it will as they're really pushing it rather than it being some side tracked thing like Horden station especially if it's included in Network One which has been mentioned in the past.

While I think there will be some migration from buses to the train for people commuting to Newcastle, I don't see it being the death of ANEs services. 

The Blyth stations for example are out the way of the town centre, and services such as the X8/9/10/11 have served Cramlington for years where there's been a train link. For people in Bedlington, they'd first have to get down to Bedlington Station. There's also all the local links these services provide currently, which can't be replicated on the train (not everything is about commuting to Newcastle). You'd be surprised at how many short hop trips are made on the X21, for example.
(10 Mar 2023, 8:31 am)mb134 wrote While I think there will be some migration from buses to the train for people commuting to Newcastle, I don't see it being the death of ANEs services. 

The Blyth stations for example are out the way of the town centre, and services such as the X8/9/10/11 have served Cramlington for years where there's been a train link. For people in Bedlington, they'd first have to get down to Bedlington Station. There's also all the local links these services provide currently, which can't be replicated on the train (not everything is about commuting to Newcastle). You'd be surprised at how many short hop trips are made on the X21, for example.

Aye don't dispute but not think they might drop the X21 and X22 down to every 3p minutes for example and integrate them with the 1/2 better so you'd effectively have a 15 minute bus service in most parts anyway it's arguably better than 5 buses an hour which don't really work together. 

I don't know why but I have a feeling they might drop one of the X10 or X11 and just have one route doing it every 20 minutes throughout. Wouldn't be surprised if the 43/X8/X9 are meddled with aswell would help changeovers if the 43 are based at Blyth. 

Cramlington's train service is dire in comparison to this though to be fair. Always been an after thought imo. 

Who knows though - anything could happen tbh but I think the impact might be big personally. I'd walk 15 minutes to catch the train over the X7 personally even known timewise it'll be similar but it's the reliability factor of it. The X7 is attrocious at peak times so you can't really trust it.
(07 Mar 2023, 10:28 am)Ex-conductor wrote GNE also merged the 1 with the eastern section of the erstwhile 85/86 between North Shields and Whitley Bay, taking the 1 through Marden Estate and giving a very indirect route between those two towns. Annoyingly the western side was covered by the W3, a Nexus-supported bus service for which the contract was at first given to GNE. The whole route of the 85/86 circle had been, at the time, a commercial service.
When the 1/85/86 merger took place, buses along the sea front between Tynemouth and Culleroats, ceased, as did buses along the full length of the Broadway between Tynemouth and Whitley Bay with the withdrawal of the 310.

It's interesting to note that, from a very good network of bus services in the North Shields/Tynemouth area once operated by the Tynemouth bus company, only two GNE routes will serve those areas after 26 March (the 1 and the 307).

Indeed.  A far cry from being 'The Driving Force of North Tyneside'
(10 Mar 2023, 1:35 pm)Chris 1 wrote Indeed.  A far cry from being 'The Driving Force of North Tyneside'

This is what happens when private bus companies is all for profit these days instead of passengers needs, deregulation and profiteering destroyed the bus industry outside of London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(10 Mar 2023, 1:35 pm)Chris 1 wrote Indeed.  A far cry from being 'The Driving Force of North Tyneside'
A far cry from the days of screaming ECW Olympians going up and down the Coast Road or Rosehill bank......or whiney Wright Pathfinder 320's.
(10 Mar 2023, 4:47 pm)L469 YVK wrote A far cry from the days of screaming ECW Olympians going up and down the Coast Road or Rosehill bank......or whiney Wright Pathfinder 320's.
The Olympians were legendary, loved them on the 319
Kind Regards
Tez

Well the E200s are practically the same colour sceme as the country rangers so would fit in well at Consett lol
Have go North East change the idea of the 1 going to Metrocentre. The busorg has the map removed and if u change the date of the 1 to after the changes on the website. It still shows the Whitley Bay-Gateshead section
(11 Mar 2023, 11:18 pm)Aaron21 wrote Have go North East change the idea of the 1 going to Metrocentre. The busorg has the map removed and if u change the date of the 1 to after the changes on the website. It still shows the Whitley Bay-Gateshead section
I hope so.
(11 Mar 2023, 11:18 pm)Aaron21 wrote Have go North East change the idea of the 1 going to Metrocentre. The busorg has the map removed and if u change the date of the 1 to after the changes on the website. It still shows the Whitley Bay-Gateshead section

Most of the services changing have the current timetable if you switch the date to the 27th. I assume it's just a glitch. 

For example, the 41/41A still shows them going to Howdon on the 27th.
Thought I'd post this in here and hopefully an answer can come of it

Will the 19 be going back to Normal route from the 15th of March when bell Street reopens. This was due to it being closed. However the new GCT 19 shows it following the current route the 19 is doing now. I'm wondering if gne are just gonna keep the 19 following the route currently or putting it back to normal
An unmentioned change, but Rudyerd Street in North Shields will be closed from Tuesday 21st March for 3 weeks, GNE services 1, 19 (until the 25th) and 310 (307) will be affected
Kind Regards
Tez
(12 Mar 2023, 10:33 pm)V514DFT wrote An unmentioned change, but Rudyerd Street in North Shields will be closed from Tuesday 21st March for 3 weeks, GNE services 1, 19 (until the 25th) and 310 (307) will be affected
Saw it today  seems to be the small section of Rudyerd Street to the side of the bus station meaning the 1,310(307) will be affected 19 won't be since it usually goes along railway terrace 

My guess is they will make the 310 finish on Bedford Street temporarily
You would have thought for a section of a road being closed that would affect your service 310. That u would put something up to let passengers know. Rudyerd Street will be closed for 3 weeks from the 21st & GNE haven't mentioned nothing about it. The 310 being the worst affected with it finishing on Railway Street using Rudyerd Street to leave. Can't see the 1 being massively affected unless gne are complete stupid and make the 1 do a diversion as well missing out Nile Street
(16 Mar 2023, 3:00 pm)Aaron21 wrote You would have thought for a section of a road being closed that would affect your service 310. That u would put something up to let passengers know. Rudyerd Street will be closed for 3 weeks from the 21st & GNE haven't mentioned nothing about it. The 310 being the worst affected with it finishing on Railway Street using Rudyerd Street to leave. Can't see the 1 being massively affected unless gne are complete stupid and make the 1 do a diversion as well missing out Nile Street

It seems like there’s a communication breakdown at times, either the operator not being on the ball or the local authorities not being proactive with notifying people. For instance, GNE have a notice out today about services in Murton diverted due to the bottom of Woods Terrace being closed, but there’s nothing about Sundays full road closure between Dalton Park and Murton, when there’ll be no access to Murton from the East. Only way in/out is to the west from Hetton.
With the coming changes and apparently big fleet movements I would like to comment on the 57 allocation. Currently it's allocated 6226-30 and using it everyday I don't see it getting anywhere near full and easily could have something like 5380-5383 allocated. I wouldn't want it ending up like the X85, being upped to deckers and then axed
(19 Mar 2023, 10:26 am)Adam Coyne wrote With the coming changes and apparently big fleet movements I would like to comment on the 57 allocation. Currently it's allocated 6226-30 and using it everyday I don't see it getting anywhere near full and easily could have something like 5380-5383 allocated. I wouldn't want it ending up like the X85, being upped to deckers and then axed
It'll probs still be those Geminis on the 57 since there is a lot more to come.
These 'big' fleet movements will be interesting, especially with the 200MMC's.

Its a bizarre predication from me:
- Some 200MMC's to Deptford
- Some 200MMC's to Consett
- Daimler Streetlites from Consett to Percy Main
- Little Pinks & Peterlee Purples at Percy Main to Somewhere else

Will be interesting to see what the actual outcome is on the 26th!
Left over Pinks/ Purples should be ussed to replace the Venture Solo

It would also make them CAZ Compliant (im pretty sure all 15/16 plate Streetlite and Solos are exempt)

And it would make them much nicer when you get them on the 78!

(19 Mar 2023, 9:05 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote It'll probs still be those Geminis on the 57 since there is a lot more to come.

E200MMC at Consett for what?
(19 Mar 2023, 9:05 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote It'll probs still be those Geminis on the 57 since there is a lot more to come.

Can't see the Enviro 200 MMC's going to Deptford tbf.

I'm not sure what the displacements are going to be I have a feeling:
5380 - 5390: 49/49A/96 (Riverside)
5463 - 5480: 1/41/41A (Percy Main)
8310 - 8318: Spares (Riverside / Deptford)
Voltra Spares: X66

Then a combination of these:
5442 - 5452
5453 - 5462
5488 - 5498

either being at Consett (6), Washington (25/28/28A) or Riverside (51/52) but not sure which way, would make more sense ignoring branding the 51/52 having the Green Arrows since it's commercial and the most popular and make Riverside Streetlite free but then there's the branding problem.
(16 Mar 2023, 3:00 pm)Aaron21 wrote You would have thought for a section of a road being closed that would affect your service 310. That u would put something up to let passengers know. Rudyerd Street will be closed for 3 weeks from the 21st & GNE haven't mentioned nothing about it. The 310 being the worst affected with it finishing on Railway Street using Rudyerd Street to leave. Can't see the 1 being massively affected unless gne are complete stupid and make the 1 do a diversion as well missing out Nile Street
Lack of communication from the Local Authority to the bus company!!
Was due to close in April but just found out today that it's from the 23rd March.
The northern section of Rudyerd Street will be closed for works related to the new North Shields Interchange facility from first bus on Thursday 23rd March.

Buses on service 1 towards Whitley Bay will be unable to serve stops at Albion Road West & Nile Street. Please catch your bus from Bedford Street.

Buses on service 19 towards Northumberland Park will be unable to serve the stop at Nile Street, please catch your bus from stop 41N01 on West Percy Street.

Buses on service 310 will be unable to serve the stop at Railway Terrace and will instead operate from Bedford Street, Stand B

There actually that stupid there making the 1 & 19 miss out Nile Street
PB0003954/1381
New GO NORTH EAST LIMITED X75 Newcastle Wallington Hall
Effective date: 06 May 2023
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Good to see the X75 returning, must be a good money earner from the National Trust to run the service, cant see the X11 returning this year for the summer season though