Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (133): Previous 169 70 71133 Next
21 Apr 2023, 3:52 pm
If any further proof is needed that Hartlepool needs investment then it’s now as they currently have 3 buses on loan 22412 24122 currently doing the 6/7 routes and then 39726 is also on loan doing the 3/3A something needs to be done soon and I don’t mean putting all the scrap from Newcastle into service here either like 39726 is.
col87
21 Apr 2023, 3:52 pm #1381

If any further proof is needed that Hartlepool needs investment then it’s now as they currently have 3 buses on loan 22412 24122 currently doing the 6/7 routes and then 39726 is also on loan doing the 3/3A something needs to be done soon and I don’t mean putting all the scrap from Newcastle into service here either like 39726 is.

21 Apr 2023, 5:26 pm
(21 Apr 2023, 3:52 pm)col87 If any further proof is needed that Hartlepool needs investment then it’s now as they currently have 3 buses on loan  22412 24122 currently doing the 6/7 routes and then 39726 is also on loan doing the 3/3A something needs to be done soon and I don’t mean putting all the scrap from Newcastle into service here either like 39726 is.
ive heard that some 2014/2015 E200s are likely to become available this year, i cant remember where from, i wonder if we will see any of these. i know the tyneside E200s are getting on abit now so i imagine these will be looked at for replacement aswell.

failing that could Stockton and hartlepool not grab some of the 2003/2004 ALX400s that are becoming available this year, there's loads of vehicles and plenty of spares to keep them going. source of spares for the ALX300s aswell
toward6931
21 Apr 2023, 5:26 pm #1382

(21 Apr 2023, 3:52 pm)col87 If any further proof is needed that Hartlepool needs investment then it’s now as they currently have 3 buses on loan  22412 24122 currently doing the 6/7 routes and then 39726 is also on loan doing the 3/3A something needs to be done soon and I don’t mean putting all the scrap from Newcastle into service here either like 39726 is.
ive heard that some 2014/2015 E200s are likely to become available this year, i cant remember where from, i wonder if we will see any of these. i know the tyneside E200s are getting on abit now so i imagine these will be looked at for replacement aswell.

failing that could Stockton and hartlepool not grab some of the 2003/2004 ALX400s that are becoming available this year, there's loads of vehicles and plenty of spares to keep them going. source of spares for the ALX300s aswell

21 Apr 2023, 7:22 pm
(21 Apr 2023, 5:26 pm)toward6931 ive heard that some 2014/2015 E200s are likely to become available this year, i cant remember where from, i wonder if we will see any of these. i know the tyneside E200s are getting on abit now so i imagine these will be looked at for replacement aswell.

I not sure more E200 which are likely just as knackered as the current fleet is the right way to go about things. While it be nice to see deckers back in Hartlepool I don’t think getting stock that 20 year old is the best idea either the fleet ideally needs buses that are less than 5 year old and in good condition which is part of the problem now the youngest buses in the fleet are 12 years old the oldest is 19 it’s not just a few either it’s the main fleet which is the problem.
col87
21 Apr 2023, 7:22 pm #1383

(21 Apr 2023, 5:26 pm)toward6931 ive heard that some 2014/2015 E200s are likely to become available this year, i cant remember where from, i wonder if we will see any of these. i know the tyneside E200s are getting on abit now so i imagine these will be looked at for replacement aswell.

I not sure more E200 which are likely just as knackered as the current fleet is the right way to go about things. While it be nice to see deckers back in Hartlepool I don’t think getting stock that 20 year old is the best idea either the fleet ideally needs buses that are less than 5 year old and in good condition which is part of the problem now the youngest buses in the fleet are 12 years old the oldest is 19 it’s not just a few either it’s the main fleet which is the problem.

21 Apr 2023, 9:34 pm
(21 Apr 2023, 7:22 pm)col87 I not sure more E200 which are likely just as knackered as the current fleet is the right way to go about things. While it be nice to see deckers back in Hartlepool I don’t think getting stock that 20 year old is the best idea either the fleet ideally needs buses that are less than 5 year old and in good condition which is part of the problem now the youngest buses in the fleet are 12 years old the oldest is 19 it’s not just a few either it’s the main fleet which is the problem.
The vehicles in Hartlepool are pretty rank now. I would also like to see some new services. Parts of the town have no services  eg West View Road (unless you live at each end , in such the 6 or 7 is available).
Economic505
21 Apr 2023, 9:34 pm #1384

(21 Apr 2023, 7:22 pm)col87 I not sure more E200 which are likely just as knackered as the current fleet is the right way to go about things. While it be nice to see deckers back in Hartlepool I don’t think getting stock that 20 year old is the best idea either the fleet ideally needs buses that are less than 5 year old and in good condition which is part of the problem now the youngest buses in the fleet are 12 years old the oldest is 19 it’s not just a few either it’s the main fleet which is the problem.
The vehicles in Hartlepool are pretty rank now. I would also like to see some new services. Parts of the town have no services  eg West View Road (unless you live at each end , in such the 6 or 7 is available).

21 Apr 2023, 10:42 pm
(21 Apr 2023, 9:34 pm)Economic505 The vehicles in Hartlepool are pretty rank now. I would also like to see some new services. Parts of the town have no services  eg West View Road (unless you live at each end , in such the 6 or 7 is available).

yes most of the fleet is. The only reason 34605 is one of the decent buses in the fleet is because it spent months of the road been sorted not really something they can do with the rest of the fleet.  Investment is desperately needed but Stagecoach over the past decade have shown though spending no money and reducing services that they don’t really care about Hartlepool.  3 buses on loan is quite frankly ridiculous and shows that despite the best efforts of the engineering staff that the fleet really is knackered and even though I not a fan of them I think withdrawing and scrapping some of the better Manviros last autumn like 39666 has partly caused this situation when you have heaps like 36461 which is lucky if it manages a week without problems  still in daily use. I can’t speak for the drivers but I get the feeling the majority are fed up and in last year quite a few have left with a high turnover of replacements coming and going so really Stagecoach either have to invest or sell because frankly the fleet and network is not good enough and I have to wonder how much longer people will put up with it.
col87
21 Apr 2023, 10:42 pm #1385

(21 Apr 2023, 9:34 pm)Economic505 The vehicles in Hartlepool are pretty rank now. I would also like to see some new services. Parts of the town have no services  eg West View Road (unless you live at each end , in such the 6 or 7 is available).

yes most of the fleet is. The only reason 34605 is one of the decent buses in the fleet is because it spent months of the road been sorted not really something they can do with the rest of the fleet.  Investment is desperately needed but Stagecoach over the past decade have shown though spending no money and reducing services that they don’t really care about Hartlepool.  3 buses on loan is quite frankly ridiculous and shows that despite the best efforts of the engineering staff that the fleet really is knackered and even though I not a fan of them I think withdrawing and scrapping some of the better Manviros last autumn like 39666 has partly caused this situation when you have heaps like 36461 which is lucky if it manages a week without problems  still in daily use. I can’t speak for the drivers but I get the feeling the majority are fed up and in last year quite a few have left with a high turnover of replacements coming and going so really Stagecoach either have to invest or sell because frankly the fleet and network is not good enough and I have to wonder how much longer people will put up with it.

21 Apr 2023, 10:44 pm
(21 Apr 2023, 10:42 pm)col87 yes most of the fleet is. The only reason 34605 is one of the decent buses in the fleet is because it spent months of the road been sorted not really something they can do with the rest of the fleet.  Investment is desperately needed but Stagecoach over the past decade have shown though spending no money and reducing services that they don’t really care about Hartlepool.  3 buses on loan is quite frankly ridiculous and shows that despite the best efforts of the engineering staff that the fleet really is knackered and even though I not a few of them I think withdrawing and scrapping some of the better Manviros last autumn like 39666 has partly caused this situation when you have heaps like 36461 which is lucky if it manages a week without problems  still in daily use. I can’t speak for the drivers but I get the feeling the majority are fed up and in last year quite a few have left with a high turnover of replacements coming and going so really Stagecoach either have to invest or sell because frankly the fleet and network is not good enough and I have to wonder how much longer people will put up with it.
Is hartlepool profitable?
Unber43
21 Apr 2023, 10:44 pm #1386

(21 Apr 2023, 10:42 pm)col87 yes most of the fleet is. The only reason 34605 is one of the decent buses in the fleet is because it spent months of the road been sorted not really something they can do with the rest of the fleet.  Investment is desperately needed but Stagecoach over the past decade have shown though spending no money and reducing services that they don’t really care about Hartlepool.  3 buses on loan is quite frankly ridiculous and shows that despite the best efforts of the engineering staff that the fleet really is knackered and even though I not a few of them I think withdrawing and scrapping some of the better Manviros last autumn like 39666 has partly caused this situation when you have heaps like 36461 which is lucky if it manages a week without problems  still in daily use. I can’t speak for the drivers but I get the feeling the majority are fed up and in last year quite a few have left with a high turnover of replacements coming and going so really Stagecoach either have to invest or sell because frankly the fleet and network is not good enough and I have to wonder how much longer people will put up with it.
Is hartlepool profitable?

21 Apr 2023, 10:55 pm
(21 Apr 2023, 10:44 pm)Unber43 Is hartlepool profitable?
SNE has a near monopoly of services in Hartlepool. Surely they make some profit?

(21 Apr 2023, 10:55 pm)Economic505 SNE has a near monopoly of services in Hartlepool. Surely they make some profit?
If no profit is made, there had to be a radical solution, as the town needs a good bus service. Time for the TVCA mayor to do something useful , rather than sticking plasters like Tees Flex.
Economic505
21 Apr 2023, 10:55 pm #1387

SNE has a near monopoly of services in Hartlepool. Surely they make some profit?

(21 Apr 2023, 10:55 pm)Economic505 SNE has a near monopoly of services in Hartlepool. Surely they make some profit?
If no profit is made, there had to be a radical solution, as the town needs a good bus service. Time for the TVCA mayor to do something useful , rather than sticking plasters like Tees Flex.

21 Apr 2023, 11:15 pm
Does it matter ?  They are they to provide bus services for the town if they can’t do it then they should really sell up.  Considering they have the monopoly if they can’t make profit then it really they own fault although if they was a better then it might just actually help.  It must have been making some profit before the 2010 changes happened otherwise I doubt they would have spent money on the Manviro brand new for the town but that was 2008 and other a than a few knackered cascades they has been nothing done since then. The network itself is I would say quite stale as though they not bothered as they quite happy to just let the Arriva 23 24 serve the Marina for the western end of the town with only the 7 and 36 serving it. They have more services serving Raby Road and the outdated Mill House leisure centre than they do the Marina where people do actually want to go.
col87
21 Apr 2023, 11:15 pm #1388

Does it matter ?  They are they to provide bus services for the town if they can’t do it then they should really sell up.  Considering they have the monopoly if they can’t make profit then it really they own fault although if they was a better then it might just actually help.  It must have been making some profit before the 2010 changes happened otherwise I doubt they would have spent money on the Manviro brand new for the town but that was 2008 and other a than a few knackered cascades they has been nothing done since then. The network itself is I would say quite stale as though they not bothered as they quite happy to just let the Arriva 23 24 serve the Marina for the western end of the town with only the 7 and 36 serving it. They have more services serving Raby Road and the outdated Mill House leisure centre than they do the Marina where people do actually want to go.

21 Apr 2023, 11:29 pm

Too busy having holidays in Dubai to sort that out.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Apr 2023, 11:29 pm #1389

Too busy having holidays in Dubai to sort that out.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

21 Apr 2023, 11:34 pm
Maybe hartlepool driver should go on strike to get better buses as i can imagine those man e200s are a pain to drive. Stagecoach wont invest unless something happens like a strike but ig that didnt work out for sunderland.
Lollist
21 Apr 2023, 11:34 pm #1390

Maybe hartlepool driver should go on strike to get better buses as i can imagine those man e200s are a pain to drive. Stagecoach wont invest unless something happens like a strike but ig that didnt work out for sunderland.

21 Apr 2023, 11:45 pm
They're probably sick of breaking down and waiting hours for recovery
Unber43
21 Apr 2023, 11:45 pm #1391

They're probably sick of breaking down and waiting hours for recovery

21 Apr 2023, 11:55 pm
Hartlepool and Stockton depots have a lot old buses like E200 and E300 and alx300 buses so think next north east get new buses should go to Hartlepool and Stockton I know Newcastle and Sunderland getting new buses for clean zone but that think?
glen
21 Apr 2023, 11:55 pm #1392

Hartlepool and Stockton depots have a lot old buses like E200 and E300 and alx300 buses so think next north east get new buses should go to Hartlepool and Stockton I know Newcastle and Sunderland getting new buses for clean zone but that think?

22 Apr 2023, 1:08 am
(21 Apr 2023, 11:55 pm)glen Hartlepool and Stockton depots have a lot old buses like E200 and E300 and alx300 buses so think next north east get new buses should go to Hartlepool and Stockton I know Newcastle and Sunderland getting new buses for clean zone but that think?
But Stockton had 2 batches of E300s and the E200 MMC in 2019 so they’re hardly being neglected Glen. Second most investment outside of Newcastle. Hartlepool absolutely needs something sorting though.

kind regards
Youngymmv
22 Apr 2023, 1:08 am #1393

(21 Apr 2023, 11:55 pm)glen Hartlepool and Stockton depots have a lot old buses like E200 and E300 and alx300 buses so think next north east get new buses should go to Hartlepool and Stockton I know Newcastle and Sunderland getting new buses for clean zone but that think?
But Stockton had 2 batches of E300s and the E200 MMC in 2019 so they’re hardly being neglected Glen. Second most investment outside of Newcastle. Hartlepool absolutely needs something sorting though.

kind regards

22 Apr 2023, 1:23 am
All the E300 64 , 65 reg have go to Newcastle now because of clear air zone come a long that why mate all of alx300 08 and 09 and 59 reg to Stockton depot now that why.
glen
22 Apr 2023, 1:23 am #1394

All the E300 64 , 65 reg have go to Newcastle now because of clear air zone come a long that why mate all of alx300 08 and 09 and 59 reg to Stockton depot now that why.

22 Apr 2023, 6:29 am

The problem is the money routes which have potential are ran by Arriva Durham (23/24).

No-one in Hartlepool wants to go to Hartlepool town centre yet every single bus at the place goes there. 

Want to go to the local hospital at Stockton - no can't do that. 

Want to go shopping at Teesside Park - no can't do that. 

Its another place where the network has stuck in time yet the real world has moved on as much as I don't agree with changing routes every week either but you have to adapt
Storx
22 Apr 2023, 6:29 am #1395

The problem is the money routes which have potential are ran by Arriva Durham (23/24).

No-one in Hartlepool wants to go to Hartlepool town centre yet every single bus at the place goes there. 

Want to go to the local hospital at Stockton - no can't do that. 

Want to go shopping at Teesside Park - no can't do that. 

Its another place where the network has stuck in time yet the real world has moved on as much as I don't agree with changing routes every week either but you have to adapt

22 Apr 2023, 7:47 am
Dont you dare say that you want the alx300s withdrawn
Lollist
22 Apr 2023, 7:47 am #1396

Dont you dare say that you want the alx300s withdrawn

22 Apr 2023, 8:37 am
Some great comments on here ?
Once again I find myself repeating that the MANs are absolutely fine... once your used to the retarder - they're just getting on a bit.
Hartlepool doesn't necessarily need new buses, just better maintenance. There's depots out there with far older buses running in better states than Stagecoach Hartlepool. The problem is that engineering are tasked with essentially fixing buses up with duct tape rather than doing a proper job of it.
Yes of course it matters if routes are profitable. As again I've repeated over and over... Stagecoach, like any other commercial organisation are there simply to make money in whatever sector they're in. Providing public services is the responsibility of local councils.
The possibility of driver going on strike for new buses is somewhere near zero. While it can be irritating driving around in a complete bag of shite for hours can be irritating nobody would actually strike over it unless they were defective to the point of being dangerous. By which point DVSA would likely be involved I was incredibly happy to wave goodbye to 36467 but I wouldn't have went on strike if I'd been forced to drive it every day.
Drivers tend not to be that bothered about a bus breaking down - unless its just before a break or finishing time. If anything it makes the job easier and your certainly not stuck with it for hours. A replacement at Hartlepool will generally arrive within half a hour, by then you've chucked your customers onto the bus behind and after that the knackered one is engineerings problem and we get to miss part of the route out, sometimes an entire run ?
Plenty of people want to go to Hartlepool town centre, ask any pass carrying pensioner in the area between 0700 and 1800 that go there daily. Bizarrely it seems to be the highlight of they're life!
Yes every bus goes there, go to any town or city and you'll find almost all routes go to their town centre.
Again, ensuring there are buses to North Tees Hospital are the councils responsibility and as Arriva also serve both hospitals it's the blame can't be leveled entirely at Stageoach. Multiple schemes for this have existed along the years and this one https://connectteesvalley.com/data/timet...010718.pdf is still running!
And another area I'vd commented on sooo many times... Teesside Park! I don't think there's many that endure the hour on the 23 from Hartlepool to Dalton Park so why the hell would anyone want to travel for a hour to Teesside Park? And a bus from Hartlepool to Teeside park would take roughly that long.
tcts24
22 Apr 2023, 8:37 am #1397

Some great comments on here ?
Once again I find myself repeating that the MANs are absolutely fine... once your used to the retarder - they're just getting on a bit.
Hartlepool doesn't necessarily need new buses, just better maintenance. There's depots out there with far older buses running in better states than Stagecoach Hartlepool. The problem is that engineering are tasked with essentially fixing buses up with duct tape rather than doing a proper job of it.
Yes of course it matters if routes are profitable. As again I've repeated over and over... Stagecoach, like any other commercial organisation are there simply to make money in whatever sector they're in. Providing public services is the responsibility of local councils.
The possibility of driver going on strike for new buses is somewhere near zero. While it can be irritating driving around in a complete bag of shite for hours can be irritating nobody would actually strike over it unless they were defective to the point of being dangerous. By which point DVSA would likely be involved I was incredibly happy to wave goodbye to 36467 but I wouldn't have went on strike if I'd been forced to drive it every day.
Drivers tend not to be that bothered about a bus breaking down - unless its just before a break or finishing time. If anything it makes the job easier and your certainly not stuck with it for hours. A replacement at Hartlepool will generally arrive within half a hour, by then you've chucked your customers onto the bus behind and after that the knackered one is engineerings problem and we get to miss part of the route out, sometimes an entire run ?
Plenty of people want to go to Hartlepool town centre, ask any pass carrying pensioner in the area between 0700 and 1800 that go there daily. Bizarrely it seems to be the highlight of they're life!
Yes every bus goes there, go to any town or city and you'll find almost all routes go to their town centre.
Again, ensuring there are buses to North Tees Hospital are the councils responsibility and as Arriva also serve both hospitals it's the blame can't be leveled entirely at Stageoach. Multiple schemes for this have existed along the years and this one https://connectteesvalley.com/data/timet...010718.pdf is still running!
And another area I'vd commented on sooo many times... Teesside Park! I don't think there's many that endure the hour on the 23 from Hartlepool to Dalton Park so why the hell would anyone want to travel for a hour to Teesside Park? And a bus from Hartlepool to Teeside park would take roughly that long.

22 Apr 2023, 8:38 am
(21 Apr 2023, 11:34 pm)Lollist Maybe hartlepool driver should go on strike to get better buses as i can imagine those man e200s are a pain to drive. Stagecoach wont invest unless something happens like a strike but ig that didnt work out for sunderland.
I seriously doubt much would happen if Hartlepool drivers went on strike. There's not much a company or union will do if the drivers complain 'the buses are rubbish'. Striking for 'better buses' would drive passengers up the wall, leads to less revenue, less investment etc etc
Adtrainsam
22 Apr 2023, 8:38 am #1398

(21 Apr 2023, 11:34 pm)Lollist Maybe hartlepool driver should go on strike to get better buses as i can imagine those man e200s are a pain to drive. Stagecoach wont invest unless something happens like a strike but ig that didnt work out for sunderland.
I seriously doubt much would happen if Hartlepool drivers went on strike. There's not much a company or union will do if the drivers complain 'the buses are rubbish'. Striking for 'better buses' would drive passengers up the wall, leads to less revenue, less investment etc etc

22 Apr 2023, 9:08 am
(22 Apr 2023, 8:37 am)tcts24 Plenty of people want to go to Hartlepool town centre, ask any pass carrying pensioner in the area between 0700 and 1800 that go there daily. Bizarrely it seems to be the highlight of they're life!
This is the same in Sunderland - you get loads of people getting on and asking for a single to the town - you'll sometimes enter fawcett street with over 20-30 people on yet four is a lot of people staying on through (16 is the exception cos of the hospital), yet apparently no one goes there. If that were true, surely the 18 and 99 would be well used? Busiest I've been on the 18, I picked up 20 people in the town - the bus was nearly empty by Seaburn and I didn't have more than 5 or 6 on thereafter.
F114TML
22 Apr 2023, 9:08 am #1399

(22 Apr 2023, 8:37 am)tcts24 Plenty of people want to go to Hartlepool town centre, ask any pass carrying pensioner in the area between 0700 and 1800 that go there daily. Bizarrely it seems to be the highlight of they're life!
This is the same in Sunderland - you get loads of people getting on and asking for a single to the town - you'll sometimes enter fawcett street with over 20-30 people on yet four is a lot of people staying on through (16 is the exception cos of the hospital), yet apparently no one goes there. If that were true, surely the 18 and 99 would be well used? Busiest I've been on the 18, I picked up 20 people in the town - the bus was nearly empty by Seaburn and I didn't have more than 5 or 6 on thereafter.

22 Apr 2023, 9:13 am
As I said when the caz was announced it would simply make other areas of the north east worse off and more polluted
idiot
22 Apr 2023, 9:13 am #1400

As I said when the caz was announced it would simply make other areas of the north east worse off and more polluted

Pages (133): Previous 169 70 71133 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Possibly Related Threads…