Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure North Shields Regeneration Plan

North Shields Regeneration Plan

North Shields Regeneration Plan

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6 Next
ne14ne1

04 Sep 2023, 6:55 am #81
(03 Sep 2023, 11:34 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Creating bus hub interchanges etc is a scam...

Nexus knows this and it is why they milked the pot

We have cllrs elected locally by residents

Some cllrs get out onto committees to approve white elephants

Nexus proposes white elephants 

It is approved to build

Bus stations make a profit and the money is hidden within Nexus

Sunderland interchange is a classic example

No stagecoach goes into the bus station... why? Because every bus that enters the station is charged 60p-80p  for the pleasure

Same as Haymarket and Eldon Sqaure and every other bus station...

And you wonder why Stagecoach oftens opts to using stops outside of bus station due to  operational issues" or altering routes to avoid  bus stations like 317  for example...

Now... as an example

Haymarket bus station ...

How many buses depart an hour  and times that by 70p as a ball point average...

Mitigate that with the cost of Nexus manager to run the site (goes home after 5pm) we often see arriva staff managing the site not Nexus...

Combine the income with the rent of Greggs Arriva pub M&S

And general expenses is a Nexus employee working 9-5 and electric for the lights  (bins are local council)

There is a reason bus stations are built....and that is to claim  poverty.

You think M&S rent their Newcastle Northumberland St store from Nexus?

As for Stagecoach mostly not using bus stations, isn’t this at least in Newcastle because they operate mostly cross-city services. And most of their services that do terminate in the city centre (x47, x87, x88, 685) do so at a bus station. 
Like wise most of Go North East and Arriva services terminate in the city centre, so many do so in a bus station where people get off the bus straight into the indoors.
ne14ne1
04 Sep 2023, 6:55 am #81

(03 Sep 2023, 11:34 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Creating bus hub interchanges etc is a scam...

It is approved to build

No stagecoach goes into the bus station... why? Because every bus that enters the station is charged 60p-80p  for the pleasure

And you wonder why Stagecoach oftens opts to using stops outside of bus station due to  operational issues" or altering routes to avoid  bus stations like 317  for example...

Now... as an example

Mitigate that with the cost of Nexus manager to run the site (goes home after 5pm) we often see arriva staff managing the site not Nexus...

And general expenses is a Nexus employee working 9-5 and electric for the lights  (bins are local council)

You think M&S rent their Newcastle Northumberland St store from Nexus?

As for Stagecoach mostly not using bus stations, isn’t this at least in Newcastle because they operate mostly cross-city services. And most of their services that do terminate in the city centre (x47, x87, x88, 685) do so at a bus station. 
Like wise most of Go North East and Arriva services terminate in the city centre, so many do so in a bus station where people get off the bus straight into the indoors.

V514DFT

04 Sep 2023, 10:42 am #82
Well Stand A was broken less than 24 hours of the hubs opening

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
04 Sep 2023, 10:42 am #82

Well Stand A was broken less than 24 hours of the hubs opening

Kind Regards
Tez

Adrian

04 Sep 2023, 11:23 am #83
(03 Sep 2023, 10:10 pm)Storx Bridges shuts earlier, it's quite a detour through some pretty unpleasant areas in an evening when arguably you want to be there.

Leeds is a really bad example btw, quite a lot of buses don't serve the thing at all and do the Leeds loop instead. Leeds is actually one of the better examples of buses serving more areas. The only buses which serve the bus station mainly come from the West, so already serve the city on the way. Not to mention there's quite a lot of cross city links.

https://bustimes.org/services/163-castleford-leeds#map - See the 163 for an example.
https://bustimes.org/services/x98-sky-cl...eeds-2#map - or X98 from Wetherby.

Like, if stuff like the E1/E2/E6/56 served the bus station there that's fair play as they already serve the city but stuff like the 60 etc would be better doing a loop still imo. Maybe serving a stop nearby so people can still change there if needed, it's the best of both worlds like Leeds.

Which unpleasant areas? Even when the Bridges is shut, it's more or less a straight line through Green Terrace/Low Row, if you leave via the other end of the Interchange. 

I used to drink in Sunderland most weekends for years, and like most folk there, we'd walk back and forth between bars most of the night around the City Centre. I understand some can't, due to mobility issues, but it's as if we're making out that the vast majority of the population are incapable of walking 500/600 yards.

56 does serve the bus station, but I agree the E1/E2/E6 should revert to doing so, being City terminating services. 

I don't think Leeds is much different to Newcastle or Sunderland, in terms of what serves the bus station and what doesn't. You can see from their own guide that the bus station is extremely well served: https://www.wymetro.com/media/9699/leeds_wtcyb.pdf

It is approved to build

Now... as an example

This is almost conspiracy theory level stuff.  Undecided

There's no scam in bus hubs/interchanges; they exist. 

Your accusations towards Nexus are completely unfair. The Interchange is part of North Tyneside Council's Town Centre and Fish Quay regeneration masterplan. 85% of the funding came from the Government's Transforming Cities Fund (TCF). Nexus are only involved, because they're the PTE for the area. 

On councillors voting for 'white elephants'; let's at least acknowledge that the masterplan has been through public consultation. As has the plan to move the North Shields ferry landing. It's one thing to not like the decisions taken forward as a result of consultation, but it's another to accuse it of being some kind of racket to raise funds for Nexus.

I agree with ne14ne1, in terms of the reasoning why Stagecoach don't serve bus stations. It's most likely down to practicality, not cost, when most of their services operate on a cross city basis. Somewhere like Eldon Square or Haymarket, you're adding at least 5 minutes on to a journey time to get in and out of the bus station. 

As for the service charge for using the bus station, I don't think that is too dissimilar to anything else, where we have either public/private partnerships or wholly private sector operation? Train operators pay a whole host of costs to run their services, Greggs pay money to set up shop in most buildings they lease, and domestically we pay money to 'rent' access to mobile phone networks. It pays towards the maintenance and upkeep of the infrastructure. Whilst the examples you quote are nothing to do with Nexus, if you look at examples that are (e.g. the Newsagent at Heworth Metro or kiosk in Monument), then surely this is a good thing? Your customers are able to purchase goods that they want, and the rent goes towards the cost of running the interchange. You make it sound like it's going into someone's back pocket.

Not sure what your link is between bus stations and poverty, but I probably don't want to know!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
04 Sep 2023, 11:23 am #83

(03 Sep 2023, 10:10 pm)Storx Bridges shuts earlier, it's quite a detour through some pretty unpleasant areas in an evening when arguably you want to be there.

Leeds is a really bad example btw, quite a lot of buses don't serve the thing at all and do the Leeds loop instead. Leeds is actually one of the better examples of buses serving more areas. The only buses which serve the bus station mainly come from the West, so already serve the city on the way. Not to mention there's quite a lot of cross city links.

https://bustimes.org/services/163-castleford-leeds#map - See the 163 for an example.
https://bustimes.org/services/x98-sky-cl...eeds-2#map - or X98 from Wetherby.

Like, if stuff like the E1/E2/E6/56 served the bus station there that's fair play as they already serve the city but stuff like the 60 etc would be better doing a loop still imo. Maybe serving a stop nearby so people can still change there if needed, it's the best of both worlds like Leeds.

Which unpleasant areas? Even when the Bridges is shut, it's more or less a straight line through Green Terrace/Low Row, if you leave via the other end of the Interchange. 

I used to drink in Sunderland most weekends for years, and like most folk there, we'd walk back and forth between bars most of the night around the City Centre. I understand some can't, due to mobility issues, but it's as if we're making out that the vast majority of the population are incapable of walking 500/600 yards.

56 does serve the bus station, but I agree the E1/E2/E6 should revert to doing so, being City terminating services. 

I don't think Leeds is much different to Newcastle or Sunderland, in terms of what serves the bus station and what doesn't. You can see from their own guide that the bus station is extremely well served: https://www.wymetro.com/media/9699/leeds_wtcyb.pdf

It is approved to build

Now... as an example

This is almost conspiracy theory level stuff.  Undecided

There's no scam in bus hubs/interchanges; they exist. 

Your accusations towards Nexus are completely unfair. The Interchange is part of North Tyneside Council's Town Centre and Fish Quay regeneration masterplan. 85% of the funding came from the Government's Transforming Cities Fund (TCF). Nexus are only involved, because they're the PTE for the area. 

On councillors voting for 'white elephants'; let's at least acknowledge that the masterplan has been through public consultation. As has the plan to move the North Shields ferry landing. It's one thing to not like the decisions taken forward as a result of consultation, but it's another to accuse it of being some kind of racket to raise funds for Nexus.

I agree with ne14ne1, in terms of the reasoning why Stagecoach don't serve bus stations. It's most likely down to practicality, not cost, when most of their services operate on a cross city basis. Somewhere like Eldon Square or Haymarket, you're adding at least 5 minutes on to a journey time to get in and out of the bus station. 

As for the service charge for using the bus station, I don't think that is too dissimilar to anything else, where we have either public/private partnerships or wholly private sector operation? Train operators pay a whole host of costs to run their services, Greggs pay money to set up shop in most buildings they lease, and domestically we pay money to 'rent' access to mobile phone networks. It pays towards the maintenance and upkeep of the infrastructure. Whilst the examples you quote are nothing to do with Nexus, if you look at examples that are (e.g. the Newsagent at Heworth Metro or kiosk in Monument), then surely this is a good thing? Your customers are able to purchase goods that they want, and the rent goes towards the cost of running the interchange. You make it sound like it's going into someone's back pocket.

Not sure what your link is between bus stations and poverty, but I probably don't want to know!

04 Sep 2023, 12:14 pm #84
Say what you want about bus stations, but living in South Shields, I'd much rather wait my time for my bus home in South Shields Interchange than when I used to have to wait in Keppel Street. It's a much more inviting place that feels safer, especially with a security guard on hand. I'm sure the people of North Shields will appreciate the same thing.
deanmachine
04 Sep 2023, 12:14 pm #84

Say what you want about bus stations, but living in South Shields, I'd much rather wait my time for my bus home in South Shields Interchange than when I used to have to wait in Keppel Street. It's a much more inviting place that feels safer, especially with a security guard on hand. I'm sure the people of North Shields will appreciate the same thing.

ne14ne1

04 Sep 2023, 12:40 pm #85
(04 Sep 2023, 11:23 am)Adrian This is almost conspiracy theory level stuff.  Undecided

You make it sound like it's going into someone's back pocket.

I was only waiting for “brown envelop” and “corruption” and I would’ve had a full house on this conspiracist bingo card.

(04 Sep 2023, 12:14 pm)deanmachine Say what you want about bus stations, but living in South Shields, I'd much rather wait my time for my bus home in South Shields Interchange than when I used to have to wait in Keppel Street. It's a much more inviting place that feels safer, especially with a security guard on hand. I'm sure the people of North Shields will appreciate the same thing.

I know I was to surprised to find such negative comments about the new bus station when I came to this thread.
In comparison to the on street shelters the town had before, this is much better, and within reaching distance of the Metro which is exactly what we should be striving towards: a once-again integrated public transportation network.
Edited 04 Sep 2023, 12:50 pm by ne14ne1.
ne14ne1
04 Sep 2023, 12:40 pm #85

(04 Sep 2023, 11:23 am)Adrian This is almost conspiracy theory level stuff.  Undecided

You make it sound like it's going into someone's back pocket.

I was only waiting for “brown envelop” and “corruption” and I would’ve had a full house on this conspiracist bingo card.

(04 Sep 2023, 12:14 pm)deanmachine Say what you want about bus stations, but living in South Shields, I'd much rather wait my time for my bus home in South Shields Interchange than when I used to have to wait in Keppel Street. It's a much more inviting place that feels safer, especially with a security guard on hand. I'm sure the people of North Shields will appreciate the same thing.

I know I was to surprised to find such negative comments about the new bus station when I came to this thread.
In comparison to the on street shelters the town had before, this is much better, and within reaching distance of the Metro which is exactly what we should be striving towards: a once-again integrated public transportation network.

04 Sep 2023, 1:05 pm #86
(04 Sep 2023, 12:40 pm)ne14ne1 I was only waiting for “brown envelop” and “corruption” and I would’ve had a full house on this conspiracist bingo card.

I know Bishop Auckland Bus Station will be a complete waste of money.... unless you've had the misfortune of waiting for a connection at 11pm at night when it's -10c and snowing. Those current shelters might as well not be there, they're leakier than *insert political joke here*.
streetdeckfan
04 Sep 2023, 1:05 pm #86

(04 Sep 2023, 12:40 pm)ne14ne1 I was only waiting for “brown envelop” and “corruption” and I would’ve had a full house on this conspiracist bingo card.

I know Bishop Auckland Bus Station will be a complete waste of money.... unless you've had the misfortune of waiting for a connection at 11pm at night when it's -10c and snowing. Those current shelters might as well not be there, they're leakier than *insert political joke here*.

Storx

04 Sep 2023, 1:23 pm #87
(04 Sep 2023, 11:23 am)Adrian Which unpleasant areas? Even when the Bridges is shut, it's more or less a straight line through Green Terrace/Low Row, if you leave via the other end of the Interchange. 

Lot's of drunks etc, people going to see a show with kids etc. Not exactly the areas you want to go through.

If I'm right, Leeds pretty much works like this in terms of corridors. I actually really like it works well as the vast majority of areas have a direct link to the train station to interchange.

I don't know how feasable it would be but I'd always love to swap Haymarket and the Gateshead services around so all the Gateshead services serve Haymarket and Eldon Square and the Great North services heading down John Dobson Street and head down to Central like so:

Would give much much better connections for everyone as people from Gosforth, Cramlington, Morpeth would have a direct link to Newcastle Central and also stop the likes of the 56 clogging up around Market Street and remove buses from Market Street itself which is a horrid place currently, for the Stagecoach services moved from Blackett Street.

If I'm right it means that everyone would have a connection to every bus somewhere in Newcastle aswell.
Storx
04 Sep 2023, 1:23 pm #87

(04 Sep 2023, 11:23 am)Adrian Which unpleasant areas? Even when the Bridges is shut, it's more or less a straight line through Green Terrace/Low Row, if you leave via the other end of the Interchange. 

Lot's of drunks etc, people going to see a show with kids etc. Not exactly the areas you want to go through.

If I'm right, Leeds pretty much works like this in terms of corridors. I actually really like it works well as the vast majority of areas have a direct link to the train station to interchange.

I don't know how feasable it would be but I'd always love to swap Haymarket and the Gateshead services around so all the Gateshead services serve Haymarket and Eldon Square and the Great North services heading down John Dobson Street and head down to Central like so:

Would give much much better connections for everyone as people from Gosforth, Cramlington, Morpeth would have a direct link to Newcastle Central and also stop the likes of the 56 clogging up around Market Street and remove buses from Market Street itself which is a horrid place currently, for the Stagecoach services moved from Blackett Street.

If I'm right it means that everyone would have a connection to every bus somewhere in Newcastle aswell.

04 Sep 2023, 2:28 pm #88
(04 Sep 2023, 1:23 pm)Storx Lot's of drunks etc, people going to see a show with kids etc. Not exactly the areas you want to go through.

Why, you have when have the metro and national rail already serving this link and a future line to Ashington in 2024. 
I do agree on this point. You also have the old Q3 stop on newgate street, the two on the opposite side of the road and the ex-100 stop on Blackett Street which currently arent used all withih easy reach of eldon square.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
04 Sep 2023, 2:28 pm #88

(04 Sep 2023, 1:23 pm)Storx Lot's of drunks etc, people going to see a show with kids etc. Not exactly the areas you want to go through.

Why, you have when have the metro and national rail already serving this link and a future line to Ashington in 2024. 
I do agree on this point. You also have the old Q3 stop on newgate street, the two on the opposite side of the road and the ex-100 stop on Blackett Street which currently arent used all withih easy reach of eldon square.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

Unber43

04 Sep 2023, 3:15 pm #89
THe bridges where Debenhams used to be is open from 6am to 11pm to walk through

But I don't get the hate bus stations get, especially on a night with a security guard makes the place feel a lot safer (thats if they do anything)
Edited 04 Sep 2023, 3:20 pm by Unber43.
Unber43
04 Sep 2023, 3:15 pm #89

THe bridges where Debenhams used to be is open from 6am to 11pm to walk through

But I don't get the hate bus stations get, especially on a night with a security guard makes the place feel a lot safer (thats if they do anything)

Storx

04 Sep 2023, 3:36 pm #90
(04 Sep 2023, 2:28 pm)ASX_Terranova Why, you have when have the metro and national rail already serving this link and a future line to Ashington in 2024. 

It's about connections to other buses aswell right now you can't really connect with the likes of the 56 without a 10/15 minute walk which isn't ideal if it's pissing itself down. By pushing it through you'd connect all the buses together at some point at Newcastle. 

Not to mention the links the other way. Newcastle Central to Quorum, Cobalt and the Northumberland Coast which people will want without a walk across the city. Also at the same time you'd have all the Gateshead buses at one place rather than the stupidity now where the 56 and 57 are from one place and the 28 and X1 are from another which doesn't make sense and you'll only get that by releasing Haymarket. 

You could potentially open a mini bus station at Central aswell with 6 or so stands if you removed the short stay car park which is absolutely ridiculous where it is in a major city. All the drop off zones etc could be moved to the back of the station or around the centre of life when the back entrance is complete.
Storx
04 Sep 2023, 3:36 pm #90

(04 Sep 2023, 2:28 pm)ASX_Terranova Why, you have when have the metro and national rail already serving this link and a future line to Ashington in 2024. 

It's about connections to other buses aswell right now you can't really connect with the likes of the 56 without a 10/15 minute walk which isn't ideal if it's pissing itself down. By pushing it through you'd connect all the buses together at some point at Newcastle. 

Not to mention the links the other way. Newcastle Central to Quorum, Cobalt and the Northumberland Coast which people will want without a walk across the city. Also at the same time you'd have all the Gateshead buses at one place rather than the stupidity now where the 56 and 57 are from one place and the 28 and X1 are from another which doesn't make sense and you'll only get that by releasing Haymarket. 

You could potentially open a mini bus station at Central aswell with 6 or so stands if you removed the short stay car park which is absolutely ridiculous where it is in a major city. All the drop off zones etc could be moved to the back of the station or around the centre of life when the back entrance is complete.

04 Sep 2023, 5:26 pm #91
Was listening to some people at Gateshead talking about the new bus station, let's just say they didn't really have anything nice to say about it!

Their biggest annoyance was that they can get a bus there but not one back home!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
04 Sep 2023, 5:26 pm #91

Was listening to some people at Gateshead talking about the new bus station, let's just say they didn't really have anything nice to say about it!

Their biggest annoyance was that they can get a bus there but not one back home!

RMF1254

04 Sep 2023, 5:36 pm #92

Gosforth, Cramlington and Morpeth already have a direct rail connection to Central just like the Ashington line will have whenever it opens.
RMF1254
04 Sep 2023, 5:36 pm #92

Gosforth, Cramlington and Morpeth already have a direct rail connection to Central just like the Ashington line will have whenever it opens.

Adrian

04 Sep 2023, 5:37 pm #93
(04 Sep 2023, 5:26 pm)streetdeckfan Was listening to some people at Gateshead talking about the new bus station, let's just say they didn't really have anything nice to say about it!

I agree, it's a bit poor that the 1 back towards Gateshead doesn't serve the new interchange, but I'm surprised you've found some people at Gateshead who do that journey in full? 

It's over half an hour faster doing it by Metro.

Adrian
04 Sep 2023, 5:37 pm #93

(04 Sep 2023, 5:26 pm)streetdeckfan Was listening to some people at Gateshead talking about the new bus station, let's just say they didn't really have anything nice to say about it!

I agree, it's a bit poor that the 1 back towards Gateshead doesn't serve the new interchange, but I'm surprised you've found some people at Gateshead who do that journey in full? 

04 Sep 2023, 5:51 pm #94
(04 Sep 2023, 5:37 pm)Adrian I agree, it's a bit poor that the 1 back towards Gateshead doesn't serve the new interchange, but I'm surprised you've found some people at Gateshead who do that journey in full? 

They were sat at the stand for the 1, so I'm assuming they do?

They were older so perhaps they just didn't want to pay for a Metro Gold card or whatever it's called.

streetdeckfan
04 Sep 2023, 5:51 pm #94

(04 Sep 2023, 5:37 pm)Adrian I agree, it's a bit poor that the 1 back towards Gateshead doesn't serve the new interchange, but I'm surprised you've found some people at Gateshead who do that journey in full? 

They were sat at the stand for the 1, so I'm assuming they do?

They were older so perhaps they just didn't want to pay for a Metro Gold card or whatever it's called.

Storx

04 Sep 2023, 5:58 pm #95
(04 Sep 2023, 5:36 pm)RMF1254 Gosforth, Cramlington and Morpeth already have a direct rail connection to Central just like the Ashington line will have whenever it opens.

Gosforth definitely doesn't mind. Cramlington's service is appalling but it's more about the in-between aswell the likes of Seaton Burn etc. 

Obviously could make the case for only some buses to run through and terminate the X7-X11/X21/X22 short as they don't need to go through
Storx
04 Sep 2023, 5:58 pm #95

(04 Sep 2023, 5:36 pm)RMF1254 Gosforth, Cramlington and Morpeth already have a direct rail connection to Central just like the Ashington line will have whenever it opens.

Gosforth definitely doesn't mind. Cramlington's service is appalling but it's more about the in-between aswell the likes of Seaton Burn etc. 

Obviously could make the case for only some buses to run through and terminate the X7-X11/X21/X22 short as they don't need to go through

RMF1254

04 Sep 2023, 6:15 pm #96
(04 Sep 2023, 5:58 pm)Storx Gosforth definitely doesn't mind. Cramlington's service is appalling but it's more about the in-between aswell the likes of Seaton Burn etc. 

I don’t think Cramlington’s hourly all day service to Morpeth and Newcastle is appalling, plus North Road passengers can change to Metro at Regent Centre (an Interchange that is so hated on this site) for Central and  places south of the river.
RMF1254
04 Sep 2023, 6:15 pm #96

(04 Sep 2023, 5:58 pm)Storx Gosforth definitely doesn't mind. Cramlington's service is appalling but it's more about the in-between aswell the likes of Seaton Burn etc. 

I don’t think Cramlington’s hourly all day service to Morpeth and Newcastle is appalling, plus North Road passengers can change to Metro at Regent Centre (an Interchange that is so hated on this site) for Central and  places south of the river.

Unber43

04 Sep 2023, 6:21 pm #97
You might get a frequency increase soon.

Also 351/335/359 wonder when theyre going to get their solos they need 5 so i would say atleast two spare + the 4 you need for the 41/41A they might aswell become the rockets too
Unber43
04 Sep 2023, 6:21 pm #97

You might get a frequency increase soon.

Also 351/335/359 wonder when theyre going to get their solos they need 5 so i would say atleast two spare + the 4 you need for the 41/41A they might aswell become the rockets too

Andreos1

04 Sep 2023, 6:31 pm #98

You sure they weren't talking about the 82 in Birtley? Yet the commercial team wonder why it didn't work...

It's that joined up thinking again. Severely lacking at times.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 Sep 2023, 6:31 pm #98

You sure they weren't talking about the 82 in Birtley? Yet the commercial team wonder why it didn't work...

It's that joined up thinking again. Severely lacking at times.

Storx

04 Sep 2023, 6:31 pm #99
(04 Sep 2023, 6:15 pm)RMF1254 I don’t think Cramlington’s hourly all day service to Morpeth and Newcastle is appalling, plus North Road passengers can change to Metro at Regent Centre (an Interchange that is so hated on this site) for Central and  places south of the river.

Cramlington's service if it bothers to run. The station is also in the complete wrong place which Senrug wan't to improve but there's no interest because of the capacity issues elsewhere. Hourly is appalling for the size of the town, the whole of SE Northumberland on the ECML is poor and should be at least hourly from Edinburgh to Newcastle stopping at all stations and half hourly from Morpeth South. Try getting a train from Morpeth to Berwick and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Gosforth people would have to double back to use the Regent Centre and passengers on the 306/308/X7/X8 don't pass it at all. There's many places ie Quorum and Cobalt which should have a Central direct link but don't atm without a diversion around everywhere (22).

The Regent Centre is way too far for someone to interchange, any interchanges should be the last mile. Not 3/4 of the journey in, it's just an inconvenience then.
Storx
04 Sep 2023, 6:31 pm #99

(04 Sep 2023, 6:15 pm)RMF1254 I don’t think Cramlington’s hourly all day service to Morpeth and Newcastle is appalling, plus North Road passengers can change to Metro at Regent Centre (an Interchange that is so hated on this site) for Central and  places south of the river.

Cramlington's service if it bothers to run. The station is also in the complete wrong place which Senrug wan't to improve but there's no interest because of the capacity issues elsewhere. Hourly is appalling for the size of the town, the whole of SE Northumberland on the ECML is poor and should be at least hourly from Edinburgh to Newcastle stopping at all stations and half hourly from Morpeth South. Try getting a train from Morpeth to Berwick and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Gosforth people would have to double back to use the Regent Centre and passengers on the 306/308/X7/X8 don't pass it at all. There's many places ie Quorum and Cobalt which should have a Central direct link but don't atm without a diversion around everywhere (22).

The Regent Centre is way too far for someone to interchange, any interchanges should be the last mile. Not 3/4 of the journey in, it's just an inconvenience then.

Andreos1

04 Sep 2023, 6:32 pm #100

It's only conspiracy theorists and some (ex) employees of the bus companies that hate it isn't it?

Andreos1
04 Sep 2023, 6:32 pm #100

It's only conspiracy theorists and some (ex) employees of the bus companies that hate it isn't it?

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average