You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Redcar streetlites transferring to Stockton

1427 & 1449 operating for Redcar today on 64/X3 and 63 respectively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

RE: Redcar streetlites transferring to Stockton
(18 Dec 2023, 2:11 pm)tyresmoke wrote 1427 & 1449 operating for Redcar today on 64/X3 and 63 respectively

Do we know what they were tracking as. 
One I believe was the spare and another tracking along with 1421 aswell as it tracking as itself
(18 Dec 2023, 7:29 pm)Ryland wrote Do we know what they were tracking as. 
One I believe was the spare and another tracking along with 1421 aswell as it tracking as itself

1427 was running around as a second 1421. 1449 was masquerading as scrapped ‘2824’

(19 Dec 2023, 9:35 pm)megansmith wrote 1562 is now transfer to stockton

1562, 1565 and 1569 are the latest to transfer over. Swapped with 1426, 1427 and 1449

(20 Dec 2023, 5:25 pm)megansmith wrote 1571 and 1561 got removed from the x93 this morning wounder if theses are the next two

1571 tracked most the day on the x93. 
1561 stopped tracking at 9:50
However not always accurate! 
Could've just lost signal from it's gps
(20 Dec 2023, 8:13 pm)Ryland wrote 1571 tracked most the day on the x93. 
1561 stopped tracking at 9:50
However not always accurate! 
Could've just lost signal from it's gps
Either way, they'll all be gone from Redcar eventually. I seen the Pulsars that have been sent across are doing great. Hopefully 1450 and 1452 get sent over to Redcar as they have already proven their capable before when they were there a while back. I don't think there will be any 61 plates unfortunately.
(20 Dec 2023, 9:31 pm)Ryland wrote Wouldve expected 1420-29 the some others

It would have been good to send back

NK59 DNE
NK59 DNF
NK59 DNJ
NK59 DNN
NK10 CEN
NK10 CEO
NK10 CEV

to Redcar as they have a proven record of reliability there and sent some replacements from Stockton to the the depots that these would come from.  It would be nice to see them back at Redcar. But tbf it would be complicated and confusing in terms of transfers out of multiple depots where Stockton can just send 14 random pulsars straight from them. I think that's what's happening though too. When drivers take a lite or 2 from Redcar to the Stockton depot, they take what Pulsar is there at the time in stockton depot.
(20 Dec 2023, 9:40 pm)Mike_98 wrote It would have been good to send back

NK59 DNE
NK59 DNF
NK59 DNJ
NK59 DNN
NK10 CEN
NK10 CEO
NK10 CEV

to Redcar as they have a proven record of reliability there and sent some replacements from Stockton to the the depots that these would come from.  It would be nice to see them back at Redcar. But tbf it would be complicated and confusing in terms of transfers out of multiple depots where Stockton can just send 14 random pulsars straight from them. I think that's what's happening though too. When drivers take a lite or 2 from Redcar to the Stockton depot, they take what Pulsar is there at the time in stock

NK10CEN
NK10CEO ARRIVA YORKSHIRE 
That’s why I mentioned it would be too complicated and confusing transferring them back around. It would have nice to have seen Redcars old main Pulsar fleet back where they began. I know most likely no Max Liveried Pulsars won’t be going to Redcar. So it most likely will be just some more random 09 and 10 plates which are laying round in the depot each time when drivers take the Lites over.
1563 transferred to Stockton today.
Seen on a66 around half 10 passed teesside park.
Note none of the remaining streetlites at Redcar are on the road today. Could today be transfer day.

Also do we know which bus is using the Redcar spare ticket as that's tracking on the x93. My gut feeling things it's 1351
(24 Dec 2023, 1:09 pm)Ryland wrote 1563 transferred to Stockton today.
Seen on a66 around half 10 passed teesside park.
Note none of the remaining streetlites at Redcar are on the road today. Could today be transfer day.

Also do we know which bus is using the Redcar spare ticket as that's tracking on the x93. My gut feeling things it's 1351

All 10 remaining swaps between Redcar and Stockton have taken place this morning.

SP RR is currently 7403
(24 Dec 2023, 1:22 pm)Kuyoyo wrote All 10 remaining swaps between Redcar and Stockton have taken place this morning.

SP RR is currently 7403

Do we know which buses have gone to Redcar in return
(24 Dec 2023, 1:30 pm)Ryland wrote Do we know which buses have gone to Redcar in return

(24 Dec 2023, 2:04 pm)Kuyoyo wrote 1418
Is this confirmed anywhere or is this what has been speculated? Just looks like a strange selection that's all.
(24 Dec 2023, 2:28 pm)Mike_98 wrote Is this confirmed anywhere or is this what has been speculated? Just looks like a strange selection that's all.

Confirmed by staff that’s the list I have too. Definitely an odd selection to send but they should have all gone today!

(24 Dec 2023, 2:29 pm)tyresmoke wrote Confirmed by staff that’s the list I have too. Definitely an odd selection to send but they should have all gone today!

Ahh right cool. Yeh, I was thinking thats some interesting ones to send. Probably Stockton sent the worst ones. Time will tell to see how they perform at Redcar
(24 Dec 2023, 2:32 pm)Mike_98 wrote Ahh right cool. Yeh, I was thinking thats some interesting ones to send. Probably Stockton sent the worst ones. Time will tell to see how they perform at Redcar

They sent the lowest fleet numbers, avoiding Euro 6 conversions.

It makes no sense for them to send the 'worst' ones, when the same Engineering Manager and General Manager look after both locations. There is no benefit by doing that. Infact, the 2009 ones are normally preferred by drivers.
(24 Dec 2023, 5:40 pm)RobinHood wrote They sent the lowest fleet numbers, avoiding Euro 6 conversions.

It makes no sense for them to send the 'worst' ones, when the same Engineering Manager and General Manager look after both locations. There is no benefit by doing that. Infact, the 2009 ones are normally preferred by drivers.

Do you know if 1410, 1414, 1420, 1422, 1428 & 1432 are Euro 6 Converted. I know all the Max Spec Pulsars are all Euro 6 because they were made like that so they could go to Newcastle on the X12. I know most of the 09 ones are good but some can be sluggish. I wonder how many Years the Pulsars have left in em. Some may have a like 10 years of service left, some maybe more. Another question would be now if Arriva were to get some brand new vehicles where would they go. I would only assume most would go to Redcar because all of their fleet is over 10 Years old.
(24 Dec 2023, 6:05 pm)Mike_98 wrote Do you know if 1410, 1414, 1420, 1422, 1428 & 1432 are Euro 6 Converted. I know all the Max Spec Pulsars are all Euro 6 because they were made like that so they could go to Newcastle on the X12. I know most of the 09 ones are good but some can be sluggish. I wonder how many Years the Pulsars have left in em. Some may have a like 10 years of service left, some maybe more. Another question would be now if Arriva were to get some brand new vehicles where would they go. I would only assume most would go to Redcar because all of their fleet is over 10 Years old.
A full new fleet would be most welcome. 
Our youngest part of the fleet now is the x93 deckers 7401-6. 
Though admittedly not been reliable this year
(24 Dec 2023, 6:16 pm)Ryland wrote A full new fleet would be most welcome. 
Our youngest part of the fleet now is the x93 deckers 7401-6. 
Though admittedly not been reliable this year

I know. 7401 didn't even get out in the Summer pretty much. I know the DB300's are being more reliable then the B9's. Oh and the ALX's kept breaking down. Just a shame they send 1 single decker as a replacement for the decker instead of 2 when it's such a high demanding service. The Pulsars and Lites were reliable replacements, I'll give them that but capacity and reliability is key for the X93/4 in the summer. I hope they get some 400MMC's as they did great when they were loaned. I would only imagine the same will happen next year unless they swap the whole B9 fleet for some MMC's as new vehicles is unlikely. Theres always random surprises with ANE