You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva State of The Fleet

RE: Arriva State of The Fleet
(30 Jan 2024, 11:30 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Had the misfortune of travelling on Durhams ADL Enviro 200 Dart 1326. But my god it's the worst bus I've been on in a long time, it's even worst than Streetlites. The interior refurbishment looks as if it had been done by cowboys. https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...3499098953

I'm glad that someone agrees with me how awful they are. The grab pole is a particularly nice touch!

It that the one with the new colour swoops on top of the old blue?
(31 Jan 2024, 1:34 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I'm glad that someone agrees with me how awful they are. The grab pole is a particularly nice touch!

It that the one with the new colour swoops on top of the old blue?
Those E200s have always been detestable, half couldn't pull the skin off rice pudding and then there's the absolutely dire seats in them.

1326 is the one which was repainted into the Journey Mark livery. Think most of the remaining examples have the blue swirl now, or at least the ones I've seen recently have.
(30 Jan 2024, 11:30 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Had the misfortune of travelling on Durhams ADL Enviro 200 Dart 1326. But my god it's the worst bus I've been on in a long time, it's even worst than Streetlites. The interior refurbishment looks as if it had been done by cowboys. https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...3499098953

What time did you photo 1578 on the 777 yesterday? It was a very bright day! 1578 looked nice on the 777.
(31 Jan 2024, 1:57 pm)Jimmi wrote Those E200s have always been detestable, half couldn't pull the skin off rice pudding and then there's the absolutely dire seats in them.

1326 is the one which was repainted into the Journey Mark livery. Think most of the remaining examples have the blue swirl now, or at least the ones I've seen recently have.

They're those vandal proof Esteban Ciclo's which the Gemini 2's have at the back aren't they? If so they're horrific.
(31 Jan 2024, 3:03 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote What time did you photo 1578 on the 777 yesterday? It was a very bright day! 1578 looked nice on the 777.

About 1215 or just after, it was late due to roadworks near the Airport. Did notice someone photoing with a camera phone as I got off. Plan to get better photos of the route once my car is back on the road.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(31 Jan 2024, 1:57 pm)Jimmi wrote Those E200s have always been detestable, half couldn't pull the skin off rice pudding and then there's the absolutely dire seats in them.

Always enjoyed driving them (when they were running right). Heating was poor and build quality was obviously an optional extra they didn't need but quick and lovely smooth brakes unlike their double deck sisters.
I think I asked this before but unsure if anyone answered but does anyone know what’s wrong with 1422 and 1436? They been off the road for a while. I know Darlington also have a Lite which has been out for over half a year too but can’t remember the fleet number of it.
(31 Jan 2024, 5:40 pm)Rapidsnap wrote About 1215 or just after, it was late due to roadworks near the Airport. Did notice someone photoing with a camera phone as I got off. Plan to get better photos of the route once my car is back on the road.

Thanks. I filmed it coming in and got a quick photo at 12:25, before it set off again, it didn't have its layover time because it was late. Happy to see 1578 on the 777!
(31 Jan 2024, 7:41 pm)Mike_98 wrote I think I asked this before but unsure if anyone answered but does anyone know what’s wrong with 1422 and 1436? They been off the road for a while. I know Darlington also have a Lite which has been out for over half a year too but can’t remember the fleet number of it.

Unsure on 1422 but 1436 I believe needs an engine.

Talking of engines… Darlington are missing 1593, 1602, 1606 and 1610 - though they do have 1409 to help cover!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(31 Jan 2024, 8:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote Unsure on 1422 but 1436 I believe needs an engine.

Talking of engines… Darlington are missing 1593, 1602, 1606 and 1610 - though they do have 1409 to help cover!

Ahh. Yeh 1610 is the one at Darlington which has been out for over half a year. Must be difficult to find engines at the moment.

Also with 1409 is there as permanent until all them 4 vehicles get fixed?
(31 Jan 2024, 7:43 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Thanks. I filmed it coming in and got a quick photo at 12:25, before it set off again, it didn't have its layover time because it was late. Happy to see 1578 on the 777!

Aye you would have got me getting off it. Unfortunatley didn't have time to get in a better spot for my photo since as you mentioned it was rather late. The 777 interworks with the X16 (though one vehicle does an early morning 57 before going on the 777) so it looks to be a mixture of Pulsars and Streetlites. Wished I got a Pulsar instead, as I ended up on 4 Streetlites on Tuesday. That's 4 too many in my book. Mind those 4 Streetlites were better than 1326.
(31 Jan 2024, 5:35 pm)Jimmi wrote Yep, that's them, but in e-leather on the E200s

Aye awful things, I always thought they were just random seats on the DB300's until I seen them on a London bus a few month ago. The padding is none existent, one of them was ripped at Blyth once and you'd be lucky if it was an inch thick and that's not exaggerating either.

(31 Jan 2024, 10:38 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Aye you would have got me getting off it. Unfortunatley didn't have time to get in a better spot for my photo since as you mentioned it was rather late. The 777 interworks with the X16 (though one vehicle does an early morning 57 before going on the 777) so it looks to be a mixture of Pulsars and Streetlites. Wished I got a Pulsar instead, as I ended up on 4 Streetlites on Tuesday. That's 4 too many in my book. Mind those 4 Streetlites were better than 1326.

You sure on the 57? I know one was swapped out yesterday, but that happened at East Cramlington. Think they just ran out of saloons again. They seem to be avoiding putting deckers on the 777/X16, no doubt because they'll put the front window out going from Morpeth to Ponteland.
(31 Jan 2024, 10:45 pm)Storx wrote You sure on the 57? I know one was swapped out yesterday, but that happened at East Cramlington. Think they just ran out of saloons again. They seem to be avoiding putting deckers on the 777/X16, no doubt because they'll put the front window out going from Morpeth to Ponteland.

Ah that what confused me.

Mind the trees didn't stop them putting a decker on the 434. Can tell the road from Linton to Widdrington doesn't see double deckers as 7548 nearly took half a tree with it just outside Linton. Mind the use of the decker also allowed me to see a pair of Mk3 carriages in VTEC livery in a field near to Ulgham Grange too.
(31 Jan 2024, 10:38 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Aye you would have got me getting off it. Unfortunatley didn't have time to get in a better spot for my photo since as you mentioned it was rather late. The 777 interworks with the X16 (though one vehicle does an early morning 57 before going on the 777) so it looks to be a mixture of Pulsars and Streetlites. Wished I got a Pulsar instead, as I ended up on 4 Streetlites on Tuesday. That's 4 too many in my book. Mind those 4 Streetlites were better than 1326.

I don't think I did. Yes, I had the same problem, the 6 minutes layover gives me the chance to photo it and then go up the road to video it back towards Morpeth. Disappointed with that. Pulsars are the allocated vehicle type for the 777, the StreetLites are on the 777/X16 temporarily. Much prefer the Pulsars, but went to see 1578 because the StreetLites are meant to be allocated temporarily and 1578 has a white front destination!
(31 Jan 2024, 11:10 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Ah that what confused me.

Mind the trees didn't stop them putting a decker on the 434. Can tell the road from Linton to Widdrington doesn't see double deckers as 7548 nearly took half a tree with it just outside Linton. Mind the use of the decker also allowed me to see a pair of Mk3 carriages in VTEC livery in a field near to Ulgham Grange too.

Aye, believe that's what happened.

Mind the 434, used to always be Decker's. GoNorthEast when they had it, until not too long ago, usually had one of the Cobalt Clipper B9's or a Omnidekka on as it interworked with a school bus, not sure what runs that now mind.
(31 Jan 2024, 8:46 pm)Mike_98 wrote Ahh. Yeh 1610 is the one at Darlington which has been out for over half a year. Must be difficult to find engines at the moment.

Also with 1409 is there as permanent until all them 4 vehicles get fixed?

Getting bits for anything Merc is an absolute nightmare at the minute, so I wouldn’t expect them back any time soon!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(01 Feb 2024, 6:28 pm)Storx wrote Aye, believe that's what happened.

Mind the 434, used to always be Decker's. GoNorthEast when they had it, until not too long ago, usually had one of the Cobalt Clipper B9's or a Omnidekka on as it interworked with a school bus, not sure what runs that now mind.

434 is meant to be Solos 2601-2603 which have been painted Blue for the service. They supposed to be getting branding but I think that won't be until the railway services start. It no longer interwork with schools.

Previous versions of the route (434, 30, 30A etc) didn't go North of Linton and terminated at a turning circle in the village as shown here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...0809725713

The current 434 still serves the turning circle in both directions.
(01 Feb 2024, 7:54 pm)Rapidsnap wrote 434 is meant to be Solos 2601-2603 which have been painted Blue for the service. They supposed to be getting branding but I think that won't be until the railway services start. It no longer interwork with schools.

Previous versions of the route (434, 30, 30A etc) didn't go North of Linton and terminated at a turning circle in the village as shown here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...0809725713

The current 434 still serves the turning circle in both directions.

Aye, they're usually on the 57/57A lately though being totally inadequate.

Forgot it didn't go North of Linton mind, makes sense.
The 434 route change from November changed the road used to get to Linton to make it slightly more bus friendly, and so while it still should be 2601-3 I think there's now slightly more freedom if a Solo breaks and all they have left is a conventional vehicle.
Linton doesn't seem to be the only issue. My decker 434 missed out the stop next to the old station in Ashington too. Guess the driver didn't fancy his chances with the roundabout next to the Masonic Hall.
(02 Feb 2024, 4:56 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Linton doesn't seem to be the only issue. My decker 434 missed out the stop next to the old station in Ashington too. Guess the driver didn't fancy his chances with the roundabout next to the Masonic Hall.

Wonder if it might have been a new driver on one of his first Decker's, believe the new starters are mostly on the Solo's (or used to be anyway).

Mind speaking of them they've had another grim day with 2601/2603/2859 all being pulled off, at one point, and 2852 not out at all. The engineers must get sick to death of them dying down here - fair trek from Ashington (Seaton Valley).

Seems like whoever allocates them has had enough aswell, as they're all in the depot tonight. Was going to compliment them aswell as they've been behaving the past week or so bar 2854 dying in Holywell last Friday.
(02 Feb 2024, 9:16 pm)brianr wrote 7544 was quite the step up from 2859 when it replaced it on the 57A earlier.

Aye seen that swap, btw does anyone know if 2859 really got onto the X22 tonight as I really do hope that was a tracking error. A solo on the 17:15 board out of Newcastle, I could imagine was rather errm... 'fun'.

I wouldn't want to see the reaction on here if similar happened on the GNE 21 Tongue
(02 Feb 2024, 9:22 pm)Storx wrote Aye seen that swap, btw does anyone know if 2859 really got onto the X22 tonight as I really do hope that was a tracking error. A solo on the 17:15 board out of Newcastle, I could imagine was rather errm... 'fun'.

No it didn't, incorrect tracking.

(02 Feb 2024, 9:08 pm)Storx wrote Wonder if it might have been a new driver on one of his first Decker's, believe the new starters are mostly on the Solo's (or used to be anyway).

They drive saloons every other day given the 57 allocation, and are fully familiarised on all vehicle types in training, so it won't be anything to do with that. 

The roundabout in the town centre (I believe the one Rapidsnap mentions, but I'm not sure of where the Masonic Hall is!) is tight in a Solo, nevermind a conventional vehicle, so they were probably told to divert.
(02 Feb 2024, 9:37 pm)mb134 wrote No it didn't, incorrect tracking.

They drive saloons every other day given the 57 allocation, and are fully familiarised on all vehicle types in training, so it won't be anything to do with that. 

The roundabout in the town centre (I believe the one Rapidsnap mentions, but I'm not sure of where the Masonic Hall is!) is tight in a Solo, nevermind a conventional vehicle, so they were probably told to divert.

Had a feeling it would've been incorrect tracking.

Forgot about them on the 57/57A, not going to lie, btw the roundabout will be the one on John Street - https://www.google.com/maps/@55.1825818,...?entry=ttu. The masons hall is literally there.
(02 Feb 2024, 10:14 pm)Storx wrote Had a feeling it would've been incorrect tracking.

Forgot about them on the 57/57A, not going to lie, btw the roundabout will be the one on John Street - https://www.google.com/maps/@55.1825818,...?entry=ttu. The masons hall is literally there.

Yeah that's the one. I'm assuming a saloon has attempted it given they've been allocated before, and failed to round it without shunting, so they've likely told them to avoid it if not in a Solo. The street light on the side of the roundabout is possibly the problem, as it looks primely positioned to get hit by the front overhang/nearside mirror.
(03 Feb 2024, 12:10 am)mb134 wrote Yeah that's the one. I'm assuming a saloon has attempted it given they've been allocated before, and failed to round it without shunting, so they've likely told them to avoid it if not in a Solo. The street light on the side of the roundabout is possibly the problem, as it looks primely positioned to get hit by the front overhang/nearside mirror.

Aye, must admit, I wouldn't like to get anything longer than a Solo round there mind. 

It's a shame there's no way for buses to get across the town West to East so buses could actually serve the station without doubling back.
I don't know if its my luck or Arrivas buses in general. The USB charging never works for me. I tried it on the B9's, Streetlites and the E400 when it was at loan at redcar the other day and none of them worked. When I was on Stagecoaches E200 MMC's, they worked great. So I assume it's just an Arriva thing.