Menu

Pages (11)    13 4 511   
Andreos1   09 Mar 2014, 10:55 am
(09 Mar 2014, 10:48 am)Dan wrote Regardless of the day of the week, service 3 will be allocated the gas buses come May - so whatever the reason for not allocating them today, they'll have to get used to allocating them again in two months' time.

Why would the Sunday operation not 'justify' the allocation of a vehicle which is likely to have cheaper running costs? I do hope 'passenger numbers' isn't going to be the argument, because they were rammed last week in the North section of Sunderland.

There were some issues with time-keeping which I noticed, but nothing major and if they keep to time on services 16/20 (which the majority of services have from what I've seen, esp. service 20 which has been managing to complete the route in even less time than it previously did), I can't see this being a recurring issue.

Didn't someone say there were issues with the gas refuelling bay?
If the buses cant be refuelled, then it could explain why they aren't out.

edit. Richard Smiles shared the info on Friday afternoon.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   09 Mar 2014, 10:57 am
(09 Mar 2014, 10:48 am)Dan wrote Regardless of the day of the week, service 3 will be allocated the gas buses come May - so whatever the reason for not allocating them today, they'll have to get used to allocating them again in two months' time.

Why would the Sunday operation not 'justify' the allocation of a vehicle which is likely to have cheaper running costs? I do hope 'passenger numbers' isn't going to be the argument, because they were rammed last week in the North section of Sunderland.

There were some issues with time-keeping which I noticed, but nothing major and if they keep to time on services 16/20 (which the majority of services have from what I've seen, esp. service 20 which has been managing to complete the route in even less time than it previously did), I can't see this being a recurring issue.

I agree they have to get used to gas buses on the 3 from May, if they like it or not... they could be on the 13 this week though, don't know how it will justify costs, wouldn't it be cheaper for them running the gas buses?
Time keeping has always being a issue on a Sunday for some services.. the 23 was the worst one before they extended it to Seaburn on a Sunday to give it extra running time... it seem's to of worked.

They might be having problems with the gas filling thing but does it stop them having the gas buses out, the 16 and 20 was all gas yesterday, not sure why it would stop them having the others out today?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   09 Mar 2014, 11:16 am
(09 Mar 2014, 10:57 am)Michael wrote I agree they have to get used to gas buses on the 3 from May, if they like it or not... they could be on the 13 this week though, don't know how it will justify costs, wouldn't it be cheaper for them running the gas buses?
Time keeping has always being a issue on a Sunday for some services.. the 23 was the worst one before they extended it to Seaburn on a Sunday to give it extra running time... it seem's to of worked.

They might be having problems with the gas filling thing but does it stop them having the gas buses out, the 16 and 20 was all gas yesterday, not sure why it would stop them having the others out today?

Suppose it depends on what the problem is.
The vehicles may only be being half filled - so a swap occurs later.
Half of the bay may not be working, so half of the fleet can't be used.

There could be a whole range of reasons, but an educated guess would say there was some sort of connection with some of gas buses not being out and apparent problems with the fuelling station.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
...   09 Mar 2014, 11:23 am
It might just be Sunderland's allocation is all to pot, as ive just seen 22468 out on the 4/13s and 35157 as the extra 23 working.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   09 Mar 2014, 11:26 am
(09 Mar 2014, 11:23 am)dans_bus_photos wrote It might just be Sunderland's allocation is all to pot, as ive just seen 22468 out on the 4/13s and 35157 as the extra 23 working.

Christ... I can't even recall the last time I saw an ALX300 out on a Sunday 4.
Michael   09 Mar 2014, 11:28 am
(09 Mar 2014, 11:26 am)Dan wrote Christ... I can't even recall the last time I saw an ALX300 out on a Sunday 4.

Must be having a day off for allocations today! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   09 Mar 2014, 11:29 am
(09 Mar 2014, 11:28 am)Michael wrote Must be having a day off for allocations today! Tongue

To be fair, aren't Sunderland terrible for allocations on a daily basis? Tongue
Michael   09 Mar 2014, 11:43 am
(09 Mar 2014, 11:29 am)Dan wrote To be fair, aren't Sunderland terrible for allocations on a daily basis? Tongue

I think they do well for allocations but there not as bad as GNE haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Roland Pratt   09 Mar 2014, 12:19 pm
(09 Mar 2014, 11:43 am)Michael wrote I think they do well for allocations but there not as bad as GNE haha

Who in turn can't be as bad as Arriva Redcar/Whitby!
Acky81   09 Mar 2014, 2:06 pm
Just noticed a MAN on the 4 at Doxford park thought these were in the garage on Sundays lol
Acky81   09 Mar 2014, 2:23 pm
(09 Mar 2014, 2:06 pm)Acky81 wrote Just noticed a MAN on the 4 at Doxford park thought these were in the garage on Sundays lol

Having said that it might have been a 13
Dan   09 Mar 2014, 2:35 pm
(09 Mar 2014, 11:16 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Suppose it depends on what the problem is.
The vehicles may only be being half filled - so a swap occurs later.
Half of the bay may not be working, so half of the fleet can't be used.

There could be a whole range of reasons, but an educated guess would say there was some sort of connection with some of gas buses not being out and apparent problems with the fuelling station.

I think you're right. As I have just noted on the rare and odd workings thread, there is an ALX300 out on service 20 today which is allocated the gas buses during the week.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   10 Mar 2014, 8:31 am
Stagecoach training bus out and about this morning

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   10 Mar 2014, 5:59 pm
22214 is now at Slatyford.
Robinwtait.19   10 Mar 2014, 8:57 pm
Dan. Just Seen picture of 22214 now working for Newcastle insteed of Sunderland. Just what is Stagecoach north East Playing at sending the mans to Newcastle and not South Shields. Regards Robin
Michael   10 Mar 2014, 9:02 pm
(10 Mar 2014, 8:57 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Dan. Just Seen picture of 22214 now working for Newcastle insteed of Sunderland. Just what is Stagecoach north East Playing at sending the mans to Newcastle and not South Shields. Regards Robin

Because South Shields dont need them..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   10 Mar 2014, 9:03 pm
(10 Mar 2014, 8:57 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Dan. Just Seen picture of 22214 now working for Newcastle insteed of Sunderland. Just what is Stagecoach north East Playing at sending the mans to Newcastle and not South Shields. Regards Robin

What's the point in sending them to South Shields? They have a decent set of 03/04 and it seems illogical to replace newer MAN's with older MAN's.

Obviously 22214 is required at Slatyford, so that's why it's there.

(10 Mar 2014, 9:02 pm)Michael wrote Because South Shields dont need them..

Exactly Wink
...   10 Mar 2014, 9:06 pm

Because Slatyford and Stockton have MANs of the same age that are in a worse condition- wheras South Shields dont, apart from the 2 'reserve' ALX200s South Shields oldest bus is 2003 (22022), 4 years newer than the T reg MANs.

Can i ask why you want the T reg MANs to go to Shields so much? And what would you want them to replace at Shields?
Dan   10 Mar 2014, 9:06 pm
(10 Mar 2014, 5:59 pm)Tom wrote 22214 is now at Slatyford.

Scott noted this a few days ago - see post here. It was also included in yesterday's news update.

Robin - with all due respect - many people, including myself, have answered this question from when you've asked it previously.

Excluding Driver Trainer vehicles, the oldest vehicles at South Shields depot are ALX200s 33101/33492. These vehicles are both reserves at this depot. The eldest ALX300 was manufactured in 2003. If ALX300s from Sunderland were to make their way to South Shields, you would be taking a backward step. The examples which have been removed from service at Sunderland depot are non-DDA. South Shields is fully DDA-compliant, minus the two reserve ALX200s.

There are ALX300s at Slatyford which are in worse condition than 22214, which was the example transferred. This vehicle will presumably replace one of the ALX300s at Slatyford which is in pretty bad shape.

Can I ask that this, and the posts which precede my own, bring an end to this question being asked repetitively?
Richard Smiles   10 Mar 2014, 9:06 pm

Could you please explain why you would want "Older Buses" going to South Shields, when you have a Modern Fleet of buses.

Talk about losing the will to live, how about South Shields sending ALL of their Newish buses to Teesside & then you can have ALL the 15 year old MANs from Stockton, that will breakdown etc., etc.

No doubt then your question will be why haven't South Shields got any New Buses???, because Robin wants old knackered MANs.

Meanwhile back on Planet Earth.....
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   10 Mar 2014, 9:09 pm
(10 Mar 2014, 9:06 pm)Dan wrote Scott noted this a few days ago - see post here. It was also included in yesterday's news update.

Sorry, don't pay much attention to Stagecoach Wink

Besides, I'm guessing 33101/33492 will be replaced quite soon by cascaded Darts. As Robin wants them so much, I don't see why a couple of MAN ALX300's can't head to Shields to replace the older Darts?
Richard Smiles   10 Mar 2014, 9:14 pm
(10 Mar 2014, 9:06 pm)Dan wrote Scott noted this a few days ago - see post here. It was also included in yesterday's news update.

Robin - with all due respect - many people, including myself, have answered this question from when you've asked it previously.

Excluding Driver Trainer vehicles, the oldest vehicles at South Shields depot are ALX200s 33101/33492. These vehicles are both reserves at this depot. The eldest ALX300 was manufactured in 2003. If ALX300s from Sunderland were to make their way to South Shields, you would be taking a backward step. The examples which have been removed from service at Sunderland depot are non-DDA. South Shields is fully DDA-compliant, minus the two reserve ALX200s.

There are ALX300s at Slatyford which are in worse condition than 22214, which was the example transferred. This vehicle will presumably replace one of the ALX300s at Slatyford which is in pretty bad shape.

Can I ask that this, and the posts which precede my own, bring an end to this question being asked repetitively?
Here!, Here! to that Dan.
Dan   10 Mar 2014, 9:18 pm
(10 Mar 2014, 9:09 pm)Tom wrote Besides, I'm guessing 33101/33492 will be replaced quite soon by cascaded Darts. As Robin wants them so much, I don't see why a couple of MAN ALX300's can't head to Shields to replace the older Darts?

I'd assume this was down to the fact that ALX200s are classed as midi-vehicles (?) whereas ALX300s are full sized single deckers. You'd try your best to replace midi-vehicles with midi-vehicles, unless you're upgrading a particular service's vehicle type owing to high passenger numbers.

It's likely that the replacements for 33101/492 are likely to be sourced from Newcastle when they lose the contract for services 33/33A.
Robinwtait.19   10 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm
To all conserned I will not be sending any more messages at All for that nasty message I received. Thanks For Nothing Robin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   10 Mar 2014, 9:32 pm
(10 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote To all conserned I will not be sending any more messages at All for that nasty message I received. Thanks For Nothing Robin

I don't think any of the posts were nasty, Robin. They were designed to help you and to answer your question.

I can understand that some members of the forum may be somewhat irritated if the same question is asked over and over again, with a reason being provided by someone each and every time.
Robinwtait.19   10 Mar 2014, 9:35 pm
Do you Know if 33101 & 33492 Are Staying At South Shields Or Not if so let me know as soon as possible. Thanks Dan Mate Regards Robin
Tom   10 Mar 2014, 9:36 pm
(10 Mar 2014, 9:35 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Do you Know if 33101 & 33492 Are Staying At South Shields Or Not if please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks Dan Mate Regards Robin

It's suggested that they will be replaced by darts from Slatyford when Stagecoach loose the 33 contract (Newcastle-Hollywood Avenue).
Robinwtait.19   10 Mar 2014, 9:39 pm
Thanks Tom For Info. Regards Robin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   10 Mar 2014, 9:44 pm
(10 Mar 2014, 9:39 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Thanks Tom For Info. Regards Robin

No problem! Smile
Robinwtait.19   10 Mar 2014, 9:53 pm
Tom. Any more news about the state of 21153 after the fire last week. Is it to be scraped or Repaired. I saw the Pictures At the weekend. Regards Robin Ok Goodnight
Pages (11)    13 4 511