You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(04 Jun 2014, 11:41 am)Dan wrote 22174 has now entered service at Lincoln, meaning that it most likely is not for driver trainer conversion.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/acbestphot...157741647/

Beat me to it.
Was about to post a message saying I was 99.9% certain it was out and about today - after driving through Lincoln earlier on.

Guess the photo confirms it was!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Southbound weekend closures of North Bridge Street, affecting Services 3, 4, 13, 16 and E2

The southbound carriageway of North Bridge Street, directly outside the Wheatsheaf offices, will need to be temporarily closed to allow for utilities works.

Last Updated: 04 June 2014 10:37 AM

The anticipated closure dates are during weekends, as follows:

* Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 June
* Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 June
* Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 June
* Saturday 28 & Sunday 29 June.

During closure periods, buses will not be able to serve their normal southbound stops at Wheatsheaf Bus Bay.

During works periods, southbound Services 3, 4, 13, 16 and E2 will be diverted from Southwick Road via Roker Avenue, Church Street North and Dundas Street, observing all bus stops along the line of the diversionary route.

Northbound services from Sunderland City Centre should be unaffected by these works. We have been assured the traffic management and closures will be cleared during Monday to Fridays, thus allowing buses to operate as normal during weekdays.

Clearly, whilst we will be endeavouring to operate these services in accordance with their published timetables, as well as continuing to liaise with our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to mitigate any problems, due to the additional mileage which is required by this diversion, there is the potential that bus services in the area may be subject to delays and disruption.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these necessary works may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding.

Services Affected: 3, 4, 13, 16, E2

Originally Posted: 04 June 2014 10:29 AM
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(04 Jun 2014, 1:21 pm)David McGloin wrote 22196 is now at Stockton seen today on 36

Here it is earlier this afternoon... Cheers to Bryn for pointing it out!
.jpg sot_22196.jpg

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
(04 Jun 2014, 5:42 pm)tyresmoke wrote Here it is earlier this afternoon... Cheers to Bryn for pointing it out!

Enjoy it........... I'm glad it's gone from Sunderland, is all I'm saying!
Is more man alx 300 coming to Teesside from stagecoach in Sunderland and can't want for stagecoach on Teesside new buses to come.
I drove through farringdon early on this morning bout 720am and passed two new gas buses on service 3 and 13
(05 Jun 2014, 7:53 am)Richard Smiles wrote Prior to Dan's posting, I submitted an enquiry regarding 22174 via the East Midlands Enquiries email address, as to what purpose 22174 would be serving.

I received what can only be described as a very interesting reply directly from the Operations Manager at Stagecoach in Lincoln this morning.

Aside from confirming that 22174 has obviously entered service, the Ops Manager has also revealed, that his Depot is awaiting a further 8 of these (MAN) vehicles from Sunderland.

This is surprising, given their age & of course the issue of DDA compliancy.

That's interesting, wonder if these are to replace their oldest MAN's? - not sure on Lincoln's fleet though!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Jun 2014, 8:05 am)Richard Smiles wrote Just had a further response Michael, two more MANs are being collected from Sunderland tomorrow & they have been identified as 22453 & 22463.

These are to replace Old Volvo Olympian vehicles in order, to introduce a Low Floor Bus Facility on a number of routes. It also believed, that they may be out stationed at Newark Depot.

The Ops Manager has indicated that he will keep me informed.

That's good, least the Op's manager is keeping you up to date.

Noob question: Will drivers from Lincoln come up to collect them or will drivers from Sunderland take them down?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(05 Jun 2014, 8:16 am)Richard Smiles wrote I think the magic word is "Collected" Michael, so that suggests a couple of drivers will be coming up from Lincoln to take them back, as they did with 22174.

On a separate note, there are a total of 16 "Old" Volvo Olympians currently allocated to Lincoln. I will email you a copy of the current Allocation File for the East Midlands.

I'd assume the Pyoneers (being in rail replacement livery) will remain rather than be withdrawn?
Likewise, I'd imagine that 16314 will remain too, given that it's in a special tour livery.

I'm putting my money on the withdrawals to include the three Northern Counties Palatine bodied Volvo Olympians and five further Alexander RL bodied examples, assuming one has already been withdrawn following the arrival of 22174 - giving them four more Alexander RLs to withdraw.
(05 Jun 2014, 8:16 am)Richard Smiles wrote I think the magic word is "Collected" Michael, so that suggests a couple of drivers will be coming up from Lincoln to take them back, as they did with 22174.

On a separate note, there are a total of 16 "Old" Volvo Olympians currently allocated to Lincoln. I will email you a copy of the current Allocation File for the East Midlands.

Thank's Richard =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Wonder what the drivers from Lincoln will think of the gas buses?

Hopefully SC will get more for rest of the country, such as in Cumbria for example.

Edit: does any one know if the 3 is all gas bus today?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(05 Jun 2014, 8:34 am)Michael wrote Wonder what the drivers from Lincoln will think of the gas buses?

Hopefully SC will get more for rest of the country, such as in Cumbria for example.

I've seen one of the initial batch (one with the really dim destination) on service 3 today.

ALX300 on service 4 too.
(05 Jun 2014, 8:34 am)Michael wrote Wonder what the drivers from Lincoln will think of the gas buses?

I've spotted quite a few today and some on 13. Did see a MAN on 13 too so I don't think full conversion has took place
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(05 Jun 2014, 11:04 am)Acky81 wrote I've spotted quite a few today and some on 13. Did see a MAN on 13 too so I don't think full conversion has took place

Haven't seen any on service 13 yet, but have seen three on service 3 (in addition to 22021 and 22080).
(05 Jun 2014, 11:22 am)Dan wrote Haven't seen any on service 13 yet, but have seen three on service 3 (in addition to 22021 and 22080).

Wonder if they are waiting till Monday to convert the 3 fully.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Jun 2014, 2:43 pm)Richard Smiles wrote Just had an interesting email indicating that a further two GAS buses 28028 & 28029 are being delivered today

And......... 28030 & 28031 are being delivered tomorrow.

That was fast so much for mid June! =0
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Jun 2014, 5:18 pm)Richard Smiles wrote Well we know where 22453 & 22463 will be heading tomorrow, Lincoln!

Any idea which others are heading down to Lincoln?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Jun 2014, 5:15 pm)AIG20 wrote 28024 (with its bonnet open) 22190, 22453, 22463 and 39728 were parked up at the rear of Sunderland Depot today - including 22464 in the chassis was pit.

22019's (NK03 XJJ's) repaint is nearing completion and 22022 (NK03 XJN) is now being sanded down ready for repaint. There was no sign of any new gas buses (out of the 28028 - 28040 batch) though.

Could be behind the shutters.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Jun 2014, 5:28 pm)Richard Smiles wrote It is a little bit puzzling regarding 22196, as this was one of two vehicles acting as Sunderland Reserve/Spares along with 22190.

Stockton have had 22465 parked up for the last few weeks so I assume 22196 is a replacement for this.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

The offside mirror of 27735 came off today at the Grey Horse in Whitburn whilst it was operating the E1 to Shields.

An engineer came within 30 mins to replace it. The bus then went NIS and became the 09:56 E6 to Sunderland from Harton Nook.
Site Administrator
(06 Jun 2014, 8:34 am)Richard Smiles wrote I don't I am afraid, was only told that they were being collected today, but no time given.

I'm told that they have now arrived at Lincoln.
No sign of any ex-Sunderland vehicles in Lincoln or at their depot - although the view was limited (parked in traffic, coming from the direction of Canwick Hill).

There were alx300/MAN vehicles parked at the side of the main depot building.

Haven't looked at any fleetlists, but it is quite amazing how little of the fleet in Lincoln is low floor or presumably, non-dda.
Site Administrator
(06 Jun 2014, 2:31 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote No sign of any ex-Sunderland vehicles in Lincoln or at their depot - although the view was limited (parked in traffic, coming from the direction of Canwick Hill).

There were alx300/MAN vehicles parked at the side of the main depot building.

Haven't looked at any fleetlists, but it is quite amazing how little of the fleet in Lincoln is low floor or presumably, non-dda.

When were you there? They allegedly arrived at 15:20, i.e. just as I made the post.
(06 Jun 2014, 2:33 pm)Dan wrote When were you there? They allegedly arrived at 15:20, i.e. just as I made the post.

It will have been just after 3 I passed through.

Didn't see your post until after I posted mine.

If he was there, one of the Rail Replacement liveried Olympians, passed me heading towards the depot. He should have seen that arriving - which will confirm the time I was about.
The Oly passed me not too far from the Bus Station/Premier Inn.

They def didn't come down off the A15 via Tesco.
Site Administrator
(06 Jun 2014, 2:50 pm)Richard Smiles wrote The Ops Manager did indicate to me yesterday, that a couple of the MANs may actually be allocated to the Newark Out Station ?.

I will provide an update as/when I can, but I can only pass on what has been passed onto me - which as I said before, was that the two due to be collected from Sunderland today arrived at Lincoln depot at 15:20.

Said enthusiast is currently out and about in Lincoln chasing down a 'green bus' (assumed as a Solo), but he may pass the depot again later.
Walked past the Sunderland depot about 30 mins ago.

1 gas bus parked out back (couldn't see fleet number or number plate due to the Sun) along side the driver trainer and 2 older MAN's, again couldn't get fleet numbers.

22079 was getting reversed towards the gas re-fueling station
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Jun 2014, 4:04 pm)Michael wrote Walked past the Sunderland depot about 30 mins ago.

1 gas bus parked out back (couldn't see fleet number or number plate due to the Sun) along side the driver trainer and 2 older MAN's, again couldn't get fleet numbers.

22079 was getting reversed towards the gas re-fueling station

The Gas Bus alongside the Driver Trainer was YR14 CGU which doesn't have a Fleet Number yet, meaning it had perhaps just been delivered on the Morning. Driver Trainer was 20551 and MAN's were 22190/22464. I had walk around at 2.30pm.