Menu

Pages (13)    17 8 913   
Andreos1   22 Jun 2014, 9:27 am
Haven't noticed it before, but when driving through Shiney Row yesterday - I followed the Bluebird for a short while.

It looks like it has some accident damage to the rear.

Some operators would buy a replacement panel, some may bodge it with filler - the bluebird was 'repaired' with what look like half a roll of gaffer tape.

It was spouting out some horrible fumes/smells too.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Malarkey   26 Jun 2014, 4:59 pm
(22 Jun 2014, 9:27 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Haven't noticed it before, but when driving through Shiney Row yesterday - I followed the Bluebird for a short while.

It looks like it has some accident damage to the rear.

Some operators would buy a replacement panel, some may bodge it with filler - the bluebird was 'repaired' with what look like half a roll of gaffer tape.

It was spouting out some horrible fumes/smells too.

Just been on one of them on 37 back from Doxford International to The Galleries, Ribs/Stomach and Lower Back are Bloody Killing after the amount of Pot Holes that thing went over at Speed, Worst Bus if you can even call it a Bus, that I have ever been on in my Life.

It goes a bit like this, Brummmmmm Brummmmmm - Crunch into a Pot Hole - Brummmmmm Brummmmmm - Crunch into a Pot Hole - Brummmmmm Brummmmmm approximately every 10 to 15 Seconds.
Dan   26 Jun 2014, 5:08 pm
(26 Jun 2014, 4:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Just been on one of them on 37 back from Doxford International to The Galleries, Ribs/Stomach and Lower Back are Bloody Killing after the amount of Pot Holes that thing went over at Speed, Worst Bus if you can even call it a Bus, that I have ever been on in my Life.

It goes a bit like this, Brummmmmm Brummmmmm - Crunch into a Pot Hole - Brummmmmm Brummmmmm - Crunch into a Pot Hole - Brummmmmm Brummmmmm approximately every 10 to 15 Seconds.

#BusNoisesOnNEB
#hashtagsonNEB

Regarding the damaged rear, that's YX09EUD rather than the new one they gained earlier this year.
Malarkey   26 Jun 2014, 5:13 pm
(26 Jun 2014, 5:08 pm)Dan wrote #BusNoisesOnNEB
#hashtagsonNEB

Regarding the damaged rear, that's YX09EUD rather than the new one they gained earlier this year.

Hahaha Dan you of all people should know what I am on about in regards to the Noises on those things make, when you have been on the 8X.

#BusNoisesOnNEB
#hashtagsonNEB
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   26 Jun 2014, 5:14 pm
(26 Jun 2014, 5:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Hahaha Dan you of all people should know what I am on about in regards to the Noises on those things make, when you have been on the 8X.

#BusNoisesOnNEB
#hashtagsonNEB

I've only been on the 8X the once, when it was an Iveco van! After that experience, I decided I didn't want to go on another one of their minibus fleet again.

I also realised it was about 5 minutes quicker to actually walk back up from the Golden Lion pub to the Metro station, as the 8X goes in and out every little street in South Hylton.
Dan   01 Jul 2014, 1:27 pm
Mercedes Sprinter WJ02KNN is currently near Blaydon. Not sure if I've mentioned this one as being a part of the fleet before or not!

EDIT: I think I did, but didn't bother researching anything about the vehicle. Looks like it used to be owned/leased by Torbay Council.
Adrian   01 Jul 2014, 7:32 pm
Compass had a van out on the 73 again today. Didn't catch the reg.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian   03 Jul 2014, 11:34 am
YX08KXO out on the 73 again today. Standing room only if they need more than 8 on it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
jaimz13   13 Jul 2014, 1:26 pm
have they still got plaxton primo

Jmoss
Dan   13 Jul 2014, 1:28 pm
(13 Jul 2014, 1:26 pm)jaimz13 wrote have they still got plaxton primo
I don't think so.

It used to be the regular on services 79 and 38C, but that stopped when the Cadets came along.
Andreos1   15 Jul 2014, 7:14 am
Standing down the aisles on the 37 this morning.
Passengers were gripping on for dear life as is bombed around Shiney roundabout a few mins back.

Dan   15 Jul 2014, 7:23 am
The 79 was carrying more passengers than the 71 yesterday...

Where the 71 came into Houghton and left with nobody, the 79 came in with three!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
idiot   15 Jul 2014, 9:33 am
There is always a one of the stadium shuttles parked up in my street overnight...
Michael   23 Jul 2014, 3:24 pm
We already know about the 37 but i'll still post it.

PB1074031/5 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Washington Galleries and Doxford Park Shops given service number 37 effective from 30-Aug-2014.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   28 Jul 2014, 3:42 pm
YX08KXO is on service 37...
We'd have been foolish to expect a Euro 4 vehicle which has a capacity of 49, anyway!
Andreos1   19 Aug 2014, 7:56 pm
Has anyone been able to suss out the allocations since the new contracts came out?

Haven't seen enough of the workings to identify any trends - apart from the 79, which seemingly is worked by a Cadet again (or it has, everytime I have seen it).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   19 Aug 2014, 7:58 pm
(19 Aug 2014, 7:56 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Has anyone been able to suss out the allocations since the new contracts came out?

Haven't seen enough of the workings to identify any trends - apart from the 79, which seemingly is worked by a Cadet again (or it has, everytime I have seen it).

37/8X seems to always be Bluebirds now (at least on Mon-Sat - can't account for Sunday standalone 8X operation...?)
Michael   31 Oct 2014, 5:02 pm
5S shuttle timetable has being uploaded - http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...031114.pdf

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
GuyParkRoyal   03 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm
(31 Oct 2014, 5:02 pm)Michael wrote 5S shuttle timetable has being uploaded - http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...031114.pdf

Compass were out on the 5S today using VW Bluebird YX09 EUD. I don't expect to see anything bigger than a Bluebird as the route involves a reverse turn near the road closure.
biglugs@yahoo.com   19 Nov 2014, 5:30 pm
Can any 1 use stadium of light parkandride

Best bus ever
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
biglugs@yahoo.com   20 Nov 2014, 9:06 am
Have these got y32hbt left as yj08pku im told has left for scarlet band

Best bus ever
tyresmoke   01 Jan 2015, 3:06 pm
Y32HBT is in the Felling shed being repaired by Diagtest

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Andy   13 Jan 2015, 4:26 pm
Y32 HBT was on the 79 the other day
Tom   01 Feb 2015, 12:41 am
What is Compass' fleet now?
As they only operate a couple of services, do they still have all of the Cadets?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tyresmoke   01 Feb 2015, 9:04 am
(01 Feb 2015, 12:41 am)Tom wrote What is Compass' fleet now?
As they only operate a couple of services, do they still have all of the Cadets?

Last I knew the Cadets were at the Felling shed along with at least one Solo. Has anyone seen any of their stuff in use recently?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan   01 Feb 2015, 9:12 am
(01 Feb 2015, 9:04 am)tyresmoke wrote Last I knew the Cadets were at the Felling shed along with at least one Solo. Has anyone seen any of their stuff in use recently?
I've only seen the two Solos - Y reg and 08 reg ones.
The Y reg one came out of hiding a while back now.

Their Iveco minibus fleet seems to have expanded - sure I spotted a different one at the Wheatsheaf the other week.
GuyParkRoyal   01 Feb 2015, 9:23 am
(01 Feb 2015, 9:04 am)tyresmoke wrote Last I knew the Cadets were at the Felling shed along with at least one Solo. Has anyone seen any of their stuff in use recently?

They are running the 5S Fellgate shuttle using a Volkswagen Bluebird.
Andreos1   03 Feb 2015, 11:50 am
There was discussion about seat types elsewhere on the forum recently - can't find it, so will post here.

Has anyone sampled the Solo with blue seating, seat belts and lack of headrests?
Keep forgetting to note reg, but if the seat backs went up a few more inches, they would hit the spot perfectly.

I saw it on the 79A last night, which was carrying a load of 4 on the 2136 from Houghton. Not bad, considering a 4 will have been 20mins ahead of it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   03 Feb 2015, 3:46 pm
(03 Feb 2015, 11:50 am)Andreos1 wrote There was discussion about seat types elsewhere on the forum recently - can't find it, so will post here.

Has anyone sampled the Solo with blue seating, seat belts and lack of headrests?
Keep forgetting to note reg, but if the seat backs went up a few more inches, they would hit the spot perfectly.

I saw it on the 79A last night, which was carrying a load of 4 on the 2136 from Houghton. Not bad, considering a 4 will have been 20mins ahead of it.

Phoenix's KX53SCZ has them seats as well.
Dan   03 Feb 2015, 3:56 pm
(03 Feb 2015, 11:50 am)Andreos1 wrote There was discussion about seat types elsewhere on the forum recently - can't find it, so will post here.

[Image: 8689083949_68f5a193c7.jpg]Interior shot of Compass Community Transport's YJ08PKU, Optare Solo M920 by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

I have. If I remember rightly, I sat on the back row.

Can't remember them being great - but better than some types of seats that's for sure... Better seats than the Dart visible through the windows!
Pages (13)    17 8 913