Menu

Pages (96)    132 33 3496   
best team in the north eastPoll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
sunderland
9 (50.00%)
newcastle
6 (33.33%)
middlesbourgh
0 (0%)
hartlepool
0 (0%)
gateshead
1 (5.56%)
south shields
1 (5.56%)
jarrow & boldon roofing
1 (5.56%)
other
0 (0%)
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
MrFozz   20 Jul 2014, 12:06 pm
(20 Jul 2014, 9:59 am)AdamY wrote It wasn't Darlington's performance that made it painful!

Despite winning 5-1 Sunderland's performance wasn't exactly inspiring - even in highlight form!

I was not expecting a masterclass of any kind from a PSF...The fact we are 7 divisions apart meant we were never really going to get out the starting blocks...From the commentary I was listening to, we did not disgrace ourselves
MrFozz   23 Jul 2014, 2:10 pm
I know we already have a football thread already, I am creating this to discuss the 2014-15 season.

As my poll says who do you think will do the best of the North East Teams...

Discuss the 14-15 season here

I personally think on playing record this season, it will be between Darlington and Spennymoor
MrFozz   23 Jul 2014, 2:25 pm
Also your thoughts and predictions for the following:-

Premier Legue
Championship
League 1
League 2
Conference
FA Cup
League Cup
Champions League
Europe League

My Predictions are...
Chelsea
Nottingham Forest
Sheffield United
Bury
Brizzle Rovers
Liverpool
Man Utd
Bayern Munich
Inter Milan
col87   23 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm
We all know Hartlepool United will get promoted this season while Middlesbrough and Newcastle will swap places and Sunderland will just stay up
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   23 Jul 2014, 3:25 pm
Premier League - Man City
Championship - Derby County
League 1 - Sheffield United
League 2 - Plymouth Argyle
Conference - Kidderminster Harriers
FA Cup - Chelsea
League Cup - Man u
Champions League - Real Madrid
Europe League - Wolfsburg

The Europa league is still a hard to choose as they still don't have the full qualified teams so iv'e payed it save and gone for a team already in the group stages Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   23 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm
(23 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm)col87 wrote We all know Hartlepool United will get promoted this season while Middlesbrough and Newcastle will swap places and Sunderland will just stay up

The words bare my Arse in Binns window comes to mind, Hartlepool were quite lucky to stay up...

The next few years will see what Hartlepool is made of, and if I was a fan I would be worried at the thought IOR may decide they have had enough and pull the plug...As a Darlington fan, I hate Hartlepool, but if it went to shit at 'Pools I would not wish what happened to us on any club, even Hartlepool...
MurdnunoC   23 Jul 2014, 6:39 pm
Based upon activity in the transfer market I think Arsenal could be serious title contenders this time around. I think Liverpool will do reasonably well in Europe but will finish around 4th or 5th in the table. I also think Man United will improve on their position and performances last season and qualify for Europe once again.

I can't see Middlesbrough and Newcastle swapping places. That seems rather laughable actually.
Michael   23 Jul 2014, 6:46 pm
(23 Jul 2014, 6:39 pm)AdamY wrote Based upon activity in the transfer market I think Arsenal could be serious title contenders this time around. I think Liverpool will do reasonably well in Europe but will finish around 4th or 5th in the table. I also think Man United will improve on their position and performances last season and qualify for Europe once again.

I can't see Middlesbrough and Newcastle swapping places. That seems rather laughable actually.

Never know, it is the premier league! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   23 Jul 2014, 6:59 pm
(23 Jul 2014, 6:39 pm)AdamY wrote Based upon activity in the transfer market I think Arsenal could be serious title contenders this time around. I think Liverpool will do reasonably well in Europe but will finish around 4th or 5th in the table. I also think Man United will improve on their position and performances last season and qualify for Europe once again.

^^^^^What Mr Young says...

I agree about Man Utd, they were given some wake up call last season and this year they may be quite dangerous, Van Gaal is a top notch manager, is old school, probably not as dictatorial as Sir Alex Ferguson, he won't take shit from nobody.

As for Arsenal, not sure who they bought apart from Alexis Sanchez, I am not sure about winning the league, people said the same when Mesut Özil signed last, I reckon the league will be a 3 horse race with Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd, with Arsenal and Liverpool fighting for the final Champions League Spot.

I don't think Newcastle will go down, nor Sunderland, so the idea of Middlesbrough leapfrogging Newcastle is probably not going to happen, but never say never, think of 2009. I think both Newcastle and Sunderland will finish below mid table about 13th/14th

(23 Jul 2014, 6:46 pm)Michael wrote Never know, it is the premier league! Tongue

Yep, it is nobody is too big to down, 2009 must still be fresh in the minds of Newcastle fans...

As for the other North East teams, Hartlepool will struggle, Carlisle should be okay, I would like to think Gateshead can win the Skill Premier, but I think Brizzle Rovers will have something to say about that, but Gateshead should do ok, they have an excellent manager in Gary Mills.

For the lower reaches of the non-League system, I reckon Darlington and Spennymoor will fight it out at the top of the Evo-Stik Division One North, Celtic Nation, Shildon, West Auckland will be there or there abouts in the Northern League
Andreos1   23 Jul 2014, 7:15 pm
Genuinely have no idea.
Obviously the close season wheeling and dealing hasn't finished, with pre-season just starting.

It may be one or two teams clinch a signing that could change our thinking.

As for the most successful team - what would be classed as successful?
Obviously each team has it's own goals and aspirations that differ from others.

Touching on Gateshead - I am worried not all of the players Mills has brought in, are up to the standard needed to gain promotion.

Still have no idea why Magnay went.
The fact he has ended up at Grimsby, shows how he is highly regarded elsewhere.

The experience that Lester brought in on signing in January, would have been invaluable.
There isn't anyone of his ilk, to have signed.

Although Shaw has goals in him, Lewis Guy and the other striker - haven't really done it at a higher level in the several hundred games they have between them.

Rodman did impress me in the two games against Grimsby, so hopefully he can show his class.

Newcastle - they have signed a lot of players. Just hope it doesn't end in disaster. It could take them a while to settle in and Man City are first game up.

Sunderland - Are their purchases Premier League class?
Time will tell.

Boro - goodness knows...

Hartlepool - last season was a mixed bag and Hignett leaving led to a downturn in results. From pushing a Play Off Spot in early Feb, results tailed off and relegation was a possibility until the end of the season. I don't know much about their new signings, but they will miss Monkhouse and Barmby.
Luke James looks a decent player and can hopefully bag a few goals.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1   24 Jul 2014, 4:23 pm
http://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local...-1-6748016

Can any of our Sunderland supporting friends hold their hands up to this?

MrFozz   24 Jul 2014, 4:29 pm
(24 Jul 2014, 4:23 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote http://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local...-1-6748016

Can any of our Sunderland supporting friends hold their hands up to this?

Lobbing his Johnson out, what a clown I like the comment in reply...

The size of it as well, it would have been better off tucked away. Literally nothing to be proud of!!!!!!!

Hahaha
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   25 Jul 2014, 6:52 pm
Sunderland have completed the signing of left-back Patrick van Aanholt from Chelsea.

Left-back becomes fourth summer signing.

The Dutch international has joined the Black Cats on a four-year deal, for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old gained Champions League experience while with the Blues and has spent the last two seasons on loan with Dutch side Vitesse, where he also played in the UEFA Europa League.
Capped twice by his country at senior level so far, he was named in Louis van Gaal’s 30-man provisional squad ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

The player becomes the Black Cats’ fourth summer signing, following the arrivals of Billy Jones, Costel Pantilimon and Jordi Gomez.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   25 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm
(25 Jul 2014, 6:52 pm)Michael wrote Sunderland have completed the signing of left-back Patrick van Aanholt from Chelsea.

Left-back becomes fourth summer signing.

The Dutch international has joined the Black Cats on a four-year deal, for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old gained Champions League experience while with the Blues and has spent the last two seasons on loan with Dutch side Vitesse, where he also played in the UEFA Europa League.
Capped twice by his country at senior level so far, he was named in Louis van Gaal’s 30-man provisional squad ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

The player becomes the Black Cats’ fourth summer signing, following the arrivals of Billy Jones, Costel Pantilimon and Jordi Gomez.

He seemed average when he was at loan at Newcastle in the Championship.
Granted it was a few years back, so he may have developed a bit.

Andreos1   25 Jul 2014, 10:07 pm
http://www.3news.co.nz/Video-live-update...fault.aspx

Just incase people haven't seen the goals or Pardew and Collocini laying the wreaths.

MrFozz   26 Jul 2014, 1:35 am
(25 Jul 2014, 10:07 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote http://www.3news.co.nz/Video-live-update...fault.aspx

Just incase people haven't seen the goals or Pardew and Collocini laying the wreaths.

Touch of class...Good result for Newcastle as well
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   26 Jul 2014, 7:10 am
(26 Jul 2014, 1:35 am)marxistafozzski wrote Touch of class...Good result for Newcastle as well

Sydney looked a poor team.
No wonder Del Piero was keen to move on... :rolleye:

Final whistle hasn't long gone in the other two games.
Newcastle beat Wellington 1-0 and West Ham were beat off Sydney.
Dunno if there is a trophy to collect like.

MrFozz   26 Jul 2014, 8:04 am
(26 Jul 2014, 7:10 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Sydney looked a poor team.
No wonder Del Piero was keen to move on... :rolleye:

Final whistle hasn't long gone in the other two games.
Newcastle beat Wellington 1-0 and West Ham were beat off Sydney.
Dunno if there is a trophy to collect like.

How old is he, he must somewhere close to 98 now Big Grin
Andreos1   31 Jul 2014, 10:44 pm
Someone put this on twitter earlier.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vFOV1vlN7f8&feature=youtu.be

Can remember the game like yesterday - how we weren't 6-1 down at half time is anyone's guess and we were sh!te, but I was convinced that we would turn a poor start around.

I was wrong and we got relegated.

MurdnunoC   01 Aug 2014, 11:17 am
(31 Jul 2014, 10:44 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Someone put this on twitter earlier.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vFOV1vlN7f8&feature=youtu.be

Can remember the game like yesterday - how we weren't 6-1 down at half time is anyone's guess and we were sh!te, but I was convinced that we would turn a poor start around.

I was wrong and we got relegated.

I used to love that Liverpool side. Aldridge, Rush, Barnes and Beardsley - what a team!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   01 Aug 2014, 11:23 am
(01 Aug 2014, 11:17 am)AdamY wrote I used to love that Liverpool side. Aldridge, Rush, Barnes and Beardsley - what a team!

Yes, probably one of the greatest English sides ever assembled...Liverpool from Shankly through the 70's and 80's were probably the best ever...Hardly anybody could touch them and only Cloughie in my opinion came close
Andreos1   01 Aug 2014, 4:28 pm
(01 Aug 2014, 11:17 am)AdamY wrote I used to love that Liverpool side. Aldridge, Rush, Barnes and Beardsley - what a team!

You forgot to include Nigel Spackman in that forward line :p

MrFozz   04 Aug 2014, 12:04 pm
If this one comes off

Sunderland in for Eto'o after striker snubs West Ham

That would be a canny signing, but it is talkshite so I would not totally believe it
Michael   04 Aug 2014, 12:07 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 12:04 pm)marxistafozzski wrote If this one comes off

Sunderland in for Eto'o after striker snubs West Ham

That would be a canny signing, but it is talkshite so I would not totally believe it

We wish! haha

Gus Poyet has said he expects at least 3 or 4 arrivals this week... well he needs to hurry up!

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sund...-1-6765696

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   04 Aug 2014, 12:08 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 12:07 pm)Michael wrote We wish! haha

Gus Poyet has said he expects at least 3 or 4 arrivals this week... well he needs to hurry up!

I have also seen there after Rodwell on a season loan from Man City
Michael   04 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 12:08 pm)marxistafozzski wrote I have also seen there after Rodwell on a season loan from Man City

Hopefully Fabio Borini is on the list to, as talks are rumored to of re-started.

Vergini has be rumored hes imminent to sign.

Would be happy with

Borini, Rodwell, Vergini and Eto.. of course 2 of them will be hard to get!

But we still need at least 6 more players!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   04 Aug 2014, 12:27 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully Fabio Borini is on the list to, as talks are rumored to of re-started.

Vergini has be rumored hes imminent to sign.

Would be happy with

Borini, Rodwell, Vergini and Eto.. of course 2 of them will be hard to get!

But we still need at least 6 more players!

With Eto'o I think he would be on a free, which would be a bonus, if Gus could get out of Rodwell the player he was at Everton that would be a good signing, I am unsure about Borini, people go on about the fee and I am now of the agreement that 14m is a bit too much for a player who did not hit double figures in the league last season
Michael   04 Aug 2014, 12:31 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 12:27 pm)marxistafozzski wrote With Eto'o I think he would be on a free, which would be a bonus, if Gus could get out of Rodwell the player he was at Everton that would be a good signing, I am unsure about Borini, people go on about the fee and I am now of the agreement that 14m is a bit too much for a player who did not hit double figures in the league last season

Eto'o is on a free, so would be a good singing, problem is hes wages...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   04 Aug 2014, 1:09 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 12:31 pm)Michael wrote Eto'o is on a free, so would be a good singing, problem is hes wages...

I always say if a player comes on a free, then there is scope to pay him a few more quid, though for a club like Sunderland I would not be offering too much above what I thought was a decent wage budget...Eto'o could probably get £5m/year if he wanted about 100k a week, that would be pushing it for Sunderland
Michael   04 Aug 2014, 4:12 pm
From sky sports.....

Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell is currently at Sunderland's training ground with a move from the Etihad Stadium to Wearside moving a significant step closer.

Sky sports showed him arriving at the ground.

Reckons its 10 million and a 5 year deal

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (96)    132 33 3496