Menu

Pages (136)    110 11 12136   
Jimmi   29 Jul 2014, 8:08 am
(29 Jul 2014, 5:30 am)Dan wrote This article.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dom...boy-133854

Wonder if they do this with everyone, you could have: four eyes, tart, tramp, nerd and a bit rapey.
MrFozz   29 Jul 2014, 8:42 am
(29 Jul 2014, 8:08 am)Jimmi wrote Wonder if they do this with everyone, you could have: four eyes, tart, tramp, nerd and a bit rapey.

I know it is isn't nice to be picked out for stuff like that, but it is quite funny...I went out with a girl years ago, lovely girl, I used to call her fire fanny for obvious reasons, she thought it was hilarious [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Could you imagine the hell there'd be if Bazza saw a certain name on his takeaway receipt [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]
Dan   29 Jul 2014, 8:46 am
(29 Jul 2014, 8:42 am)marxistafozzski wrote I know it is isn't nice to be picked out for stuff like that, but it is quite funny...I went out with a girl years ago, lovely girl, I used to call her fire fanny for obvious reasons, she thought it was hilarious [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Could you imagine the hell there'd be if Bazza saw a certain name on his takeaway receipt [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]

I know there used to be a lad in our year group in primary with ginger hair, and he always used to go wild went people said he was ginger... He came up with the usual "I'm strawberry blonde!" line. Hilarious.
MrFozz   29 Jul 2014, 9:11 am
(29 Jul 2014, 8:46 am)Dan wrote I know there used to be a lad in our year group in primary with ginger hair, and he always used to go wild went people said he was ginger... He came up with the usual "I'm strawberry blonde!" line. Hilarious.

Gingers can be quite fiery [pun intended], I have a bit Ginger in my hair, it is normally dark brown but bits of ginger can be seen, I dye it all the time though. I have known a lad since he was a baby, he is mid-20's and I am sure his first words would have been "It's Strawberry Blonde, not Ginger" he still says that today, though his hair has ended up very blonde..

Out of interest is there actually such a colour as strawberry blonde?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BJ10VUS   29 Jul 2014, 9:33 am
(29 Jul 2014, 9:11 am)marxistafozzski wrote Out of interest is there actually such a colour as strawberry blonde?

Strawberries are red, and blonde is yellow... you end up with orange! Tongue
R852 PRG   29 Jul 2014, 9:40 am
(29 Jul 2014, 9:11 am)marxistafozzski wrote Gingers can be quite fiery [pun intended], I have a bit Ginger in my hair, it is normally dark brown but bits of ginger can be seen, I dye it all the time though. I have known a lad since he was a baby, he is mid-20's and I am sure his first words would have been "It's Strawberry Blonde, not Ginger" he still says that today, though his hair has ended up very blonde..

Out of interest is there actually such a colour as strawberry blonde?

That's like asking if Jedi is really a religion! Tongue
MrFozz   29 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm
(29 Jul 2014, 9:40 am)Marcus wrote That's like asking if Jedi is really a religion! Tongue

Is Jedi a religion [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

The 2001 census recorded something like 0.7% of people putting Jedi as there religion in New Zealand 1 census recorded Jediism at 1.5%, 0.3% higher than Buddhism and Hindu...

So basically there is no such colour as strawberry blonde, I guess it is just a colour in the imagination of most gingers when trying to deny there hair colour ;-)
Dan   29 Jul 2014, 9:44 pm
So there's this paedophile on Facebook who claims he is 'horny' and he's liking all of my (female) friends' profile pictures, which has obviously caught on, so we're now taking the piss out of him. See screenshot attached.

This Kimberley girl popped up to me on Facebook saying that she's single and if I have a full time job. I took the mick and said my job is to care for a girl named Esme (one of my friends who I was talking to at the time and showing her the chatlog) who is underprivileged and drinks alcohol in bus stations and parks. The penny dropped, and this lass asks if it pays well... The conversation develops... See attached. I can't believe some guys actually fall for this and send them money.

It has humoured me though.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2014-07-29-22-33-59.png (Size 260.57 KB Downloads 31)
.png
Screenshot_2014-07-29-22-34-57.png (Size 317.19 KB Downloads 52)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   30 Jul 2014, 10:22 am
(29 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Is Jedi a religion [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

The 2001 census recorded something like 0.7% of people putting Jedi as there religion in New Zealand 1 census recorded Jediism at 1.5%, 0.3% higher than Buddhism and Hindu...

So basically there is no such colour as strawberry blonde, I guess it is just a colour in the imagination of most gingers when trying to deny there hair colour ;-)

Because I'm evil, I tend to put down 'Sith Lord' in any Census I've completed. It's doubtful I'm the only one who's done this, so when the data for 2001 and 2011 is released in 90-100 years time, it should make interesting reading.
MrFozz   30 Jul 2014, 11:07 am
(30 Jul 2014, 10:22 am)AdamY wrote Because I'm evil, I tend to put down 'Sith Lord' in any Census I've completed. It's doubtful I'm the only one who's done this, so when the data for 2001 and 2011 is released in 90-100 years time, it should make interesting reading.

Why is the census actually kept for a century before releasing the results of it?
MurdnunoC   30 Jul 2014, 11:22 am
(30 Jul 2014, 11:07 am)marxistafozzski wrote Why is the census actually kept for a century before releasing the results of it?

Because a large amount of personal information is stored pertaining to people who might still be living.
Adrian   30 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 11:22 am)AdamY wrote Because a large amount of personal information is stored pertaining to people who might still be living.
Yip, and DPA doesn't apply to folk who are brown bread.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   30 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm
The WiFi may not work in the best bits of the beer garden, but had my own Merlin, Chinook and Puma flypasts today.
The weather has been hot and the beer has been cold.

(negative -> positive) Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan   30 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote The WiFi may not work in the best bits of the beer garden, but had my own Merlin, Chinook and Puma flypasts today.
The weather has been hot and the beer has been cold.

(negative -> positive) Wink

Oh we are getting somewhere! I am impressed! ;-)
Andreos1   30 Jul 2014, 7:42 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm)Dan wrote Oh we are getting somewhere! I am impressed! ;-)

Good stuff Daniel.
Blood, sweat and tears, but understand the importance of positivity on the forum!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Adam   03 Aug 2014, 3:28 pm
Got a mocha from a coffee shop earlier and the box was ticked to say I am a "lovely person"

P.S. No idea why the photo has rotated. Stupid phone Sad
Attached Files
.jpg
20140803_132000.jpg (Size 111.39 KB Downloads 16)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
mb134   04 Aug 2014, 1:06 pm
7524's Wi-Fi, it works and at a decent speed, something I was not expecting after my experience with 7502. Big Grin
Dan   04 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm
Had a very good day on my first day with Go North East today. Everyone was incredibly friendly and very welcoming indeed. My mentor today who gave me my induction was really helpful, and it has been a pleasure working alongside him today.

I'm on a month-long Work Experience placement and will be based at Riverside and Bensham, getting a feel for what it's like to work in different departments 'behind the scenes', which I wouldn't usually get to see as a customer.

As I've already had seven weeks off school and had no luck in finding a paid job, I thought I'd be mad not to try and go for a work experience placement in an industry that I have an interest in. I think it'll look great on my CV, and hopefully help out for jobs in the future too. It'll also get me back into a routine which I need before September, as it's always hell going back to school after the summer holidays.
citaro5284   04 Aug 2014, 5:46 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm)Dan wrote Had a very good day on my first day with Go North East today. Everyone was incredibly friendly and very welcoming indeed. My mentor today who gave me my induction was really helpful, and it has been a pleasure working alongside him today.

I'm on a month-long Work Experience placement and will be based at Riverside and Bensham, getting a feel for what it's like to work in different departments 'behind the scenes', which I wouldn't usually get to see as a customer.

Pleased you enjoyed it. Not everyone who works for GNE is a cantankerous bugger like me Tongue
Tom   04 Aug 2014, 5:51 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm)Dan wrote Had a very good day on my first day with Go North East today. Everyone was incredibly friendly and very welcoming indeed. My mentor today who gave me my induction was really helpful, and it has been a pleasure working alongside him today.

As I've already had seven weeks off school and had no luck in finding a paid job, I thought I'd be mad not to try and go for a work experience placement in an industry that I have an interest in. I think it'll look great on my CV, and hopefully help out for jobs in the future too. It'll also get me back into a routine which I need before September, as it's always hell going back to school after the summer holidays.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it - do you plan to become a driver or anything?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   04 Aug 2014, 5:57 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 5:46 pm)citaro5284 wrote Pleased you enjoyed it. Not everyone who works for GNE is a cantankerous bugger like me Tongue

One way of putting it..! Wink

(04 Aug 2014, 5:51 pm)Tom wrote Glad to hear you enjoyed it - do you plan to become a driver or anything?

Probably not, although I'd argue it could be a good stepping stone in life if I did.

As a kid, I always wanted to own my own bus/coach company. As I've grown older, I've expanded that to be any business. My childhood aspiration is the reason why this month is so important to me. Although Go North East is a large company, the principles of what they do would have to be carried out with any bus operator - no matter how large or small.

I discovered today that, from the moment you apply for the job, it takes around three months for you to actually get behind the wheel and start driving (if, of course, you are successful - many aren't) - and that's when your mentor will be training you on various routes, etc. I honestly didn't think it would take quite so long.
Tom   04 Aug 2014, 6:04 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 5:57 pm)Dan wrote One way of putting it..! Wink

Probably not, although I'd argue it could be a good stepping stone in life if I did.

As a kid, I always wanted to own my own bus/coach company. As I've grown older, I've expanded that to be any business. My childhood aspiration is the reason why this month is so important to me. Although Go North East is a large company, the principles of what they do would have to be carried out with any bus operator - no matter how large or small.

I discovered today that, from the moment you apply for the job, it takes around three months for you to actually get behind the wheel and start driving (if, of course, you are successful - many aren't) - and that's when your mentor will be training you on various routes, etc. I honestly didn't think it would take quite so long.

I'd love to be a bus driver and work my way up - and as this year is a incredibly important year (options) I need to make my mind up quickly. Business and Travel and Tourism is a no brainer for me. I'll probably get selected for the English Baccalaureate thing and have to pick a language (German) and a Humanities which will be Geography.

I don't know what will help me become a bus driver, but are you going to sixth form or college? I'd much prefer college, but not sure what one would be more beneficial. Not sure about uni mind.
Dan   04 Aug 2014, 6:19 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 6:04 pm)Tom wrote I'd love to be a bus driver and work my way up - and as this year is a incredibly important year (options) I need to make my mind up quickly. Business and Travel and Tourism is a no brainer for me. I'll probably get selected for the English Baccalaureate thing and have to pick a language (German) and a Humanities which will be Geography.

I don't know what will help me become a bus driver, but are you going to sixth form or college? I'd much prefer college, but not sure what one would be more beneficial. Not sure about uni mind.

If you have Connexions in your school, they'll be forever getting onto you about how important your GCSE options are, because they map out your life in future. Trust me, the majority of people I know have now finished their GCSE course and are moving onto A-Levels or the college equivalent, and a lot of them still have no idea.

I've now chosen my A-Levels for Sixth Form (ICT, Media Studies, Business Studies and English - if you're interested), and still don't have a definitive idea.

To become a bus driver, I don't think your qualifications at school matter greatly. You will have to undergo a basic arithmetic test if you succeed in the interview too, but I think it is on the same level of difficulty as you'll find in GCSE exams. One of the guys I'm working with at the moment asked me if I want to brush up on my theory about road signs etc, and I can take the test at some point, as a bit of practice. Should be interesting!

Obviously, the higher up you want to get in the company, your qualifications most likely will matter. I was in the Recruitment Department today and several people had interviews. From what I've been told, as long as you meet the criteria (for Go North East as set here), you're at an immediate advantage - so be sure to read that! Other main factors which really influence the interviewer's decision on whether to put you through to the next stage in the recruitment process is how presentable you are in the interview (are you confident, how did you greet the interviewer, etc) and if you're on-time or not. Connexions (or whoever you've got at your school) will constantly bang on about this being so important - you'll get sick of it, and it sounds so obvious, but I'd imagine that nerves can get the better of you in an interview (especially if it's your first).
Tom   04 Aug 2014, 6:24 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote If you have Connexions in your school, they'll be forever getting onto you about how important your GCSE options are, because they map out your life in future. Trust me, the majority of people I know have now finished their GCSE course and are moving onto A-Levels or the college equivalent, and a lot of them still have no idea.

I've now chosen my A-Levels for Sixth Form (ICT, Media Studies, Business Studies and English - if you're interested), and still don't have a definitive idea.

To become a bus driver, I don't think your qualifications at school matter greatly. You will have to undergo a basic arithmetic test if you succeed in the interview too, but I think it is on the same level of difficulty as you'll find in GCSE exams. One of the guys I'm working with at the moment asked me if I want to brush up on my theory about road signs etc, and I can take the test at some point, as a bit of practice. Should be interesting!

Obviously, the higher up you want to get in the company, your qualifications most likely will matter. I was in the Recruitment Department today and several people had interviews. From what I've been told, as long as you meet the criteria (for Go North East as set here), you're at an immediate advantage - so be sure to read that! Other main factors which really influence the interviewer's decision on whether to put you through to the next stage in the recruitment process is how presentable you are in the interview (are you confident, how did you greet the interviewer, etc) and if you're on-time or not. Connexions (or whoever you've got at your school) will constantly bang on about this being so important - you'll get sick of it, and it sounds so obvious, but I'd imagine that nerves can get the better of you in an interview (especially if it's your first).

But I'd imagine you'd have an advantage if you have better qualifications?
So if I went for an interview at 21, and had my license for say three years, without any convictions I'd be accepted? Sounds easy enough? I'm sure being an enthusiast will give you an advantage too, knowing the routes and having more passion for the job etc.

Do you go on work experience in Year 10? If so how do they decide where you go?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   04 Aug 2014, 6:31 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 6:24 pm)Tom wrote But I'd imagine you'd have an advantage if you have better qualifications?
So if I went for an interview at 21, and had my license for say three years, without any convictions I'd be accepted? Sounds easy enough? I'm sure being an enthusiast will give you an advantage too, knowing the routes and having more passion for the job etc.

Do you go on work experience in Year 10? If so how do they decide where you go?

Most schools do Work Experience in Year 10, but my school chooses to do it at the end of Year 11 after we've completed our final exam so that we don't miss out on any hours in school.

It will vary depending on school, and depending on who your school has to help you. Like I mentioned above, Connexions are always in my school giving careers advice (mentioning things like being on-time for interviews, looking smart, shaking the interviewer's hand confidently, etc) and they'll communicate with teachers in your school who will organise the placement for you. I certainly didn't have much of an input with my placement, but was told that, as Morrisons was fairly local, that would be ideal for me.
DanPicken   04 Aug 2014, 6:58 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote If you have Connexions in your school, they'll be forever getting onto you about how important your GCSE options are, because they map out your life in future. Trust me, the majority of people I know have now finished their GCSE course and are moving onto A-Levels or the college equivalent, and a lot of them still have no idea.

The critertia thing for favoured depot doesn't list Riverside.
Dan   04 Aug 2014, 7:01 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 6:58 pm)danpick wrote The critertia thing for favoured depot doesn't list Riverside.

They mustn't need any more drivers at Riverside at the moment. A woman who I had a chat with in the waiting room this morning was applying for a job at Hexham.
DanPicken   04 Aug 2014, 7:02 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 7:01 pm)Dan wrote They mustn't need any more drivers at Riverside at the moment. A woman who I had a chat with in the waiting room this morning was applying for a job at Hexham.

Don't know which one I would go for.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   04 Aug 2014, 7:29 pm

Glad you enjoyed your first day. Any experience is good experience in my book. I usually find I learn just as much from my bad experiences too. Tongue

We used to have the same pep talk when Connexions came in to my school, and they actually used to hold some mock interview sessions with real employers. On top of all that, I often find it's useful to learn about the company you're applying for, as well as some of the history. I can't think of an interview I've had where I haven't been asked.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Tom   04 Aug 2014, 7:31 pm
(04 Aug 2014, 6:31 pm)Dan wrote Most schools do Work Experience in Year 10, but my school chooses to do it at the end of Year 11 after we've completed our final exam so that we don't miss out on any hours in school.

It will vary depending on school, and depending on who your school has to help you. Like I mentioned above, Connexions are always in my school giving careers advice (mentioning things like being on-time for interviews, looking smart, shaking the interviewer's hand confidently, etc) and they'll communicate with teachers in your school who will organise the placement for you. I certainly didn't have much of an input with my placement, but was told that, as Morrisons was fairly local, that would be ideal for me.

Aye we have Connexions.
Pages (136)    110 11 12136