Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 114 15 16135 Next
Adrian

09 Sep 2014, 8:27 pm #281
(09 Sep 2014, 6:42 am)Dan Have to say I wasn't impressed with East Coast yesterday.

Although the train I was on south-bound was punctual, the 0630 from Newcastle was not. As a result of the service's cancellation, passengers on that train crammed onto ours and we made an additional calling point at Peterborough consequently. When you're still half asleep, it's just not great...

Coach C on the return journey was awful - the smell was worse than that of a 'CrossStinky' train. The lock on the toilet at the end of our carriage was broken; as such, the door was left open (despite me getting up several times in anger to close it - thinking this was the source of the smell). The door leading into the carriage from the vestibule was also broken, and remained open throughout the journey.

I usually get the 0630 if I can't get the 0703, as it gets me into Kings Cross at roughly the same time. Have to say it's always been spot on. Only time I really have issues on east coast is if all hell breaks loose on the ECML.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Sep 2014, 8:27 pm #281

(09 Sep 2014, 6:42 am)Dan Have to say I wasn't impressed with East Coast yesterday.

Although the train I was on south-bound was punctual, the 0630 from Newcastle was not. As a result of the service's cancellation, passengers on that train crammed onto ours and we made an additional calling point at Peterborough consequently. When you're still half asleep, it's just not great...

Coach C on the return journey was awful - the smell was worse than that of a 'CrossStinky' train. The lock on the toilet at the end of our carriage was broken; as such, the door was left open (despite me getting up several times in anger to close it - thinking this was the source of the smell). The door leading into the carriage from the vestibule was also broken, and remained open throughout the journey.

I usually get the 0630 if I can't get the 0703, as it gets me into Kings Cross at roughly the same time. Have to say it's always been spot on. Only time I really have issues on east coast is if all hell breaks loose on the ECML.

Adam

09 Sep 2014, 11:36 pm #282
Having to fill in what is quite possibly the stupidest survey I've ever had to do, all in preparation for starting my uni course.
Edited 09 Sep 2014, 11:36 pm by Adam.
Adam
09 Sep 2014, 11:36 pm #282

Having to fill in what is quite possibly the stupidest survey I've ever had to do, all in preparation for starting my uni course.

10 Sep 2014, 3:55 am #283
(09 Sep 2014, 7:59 pm)Robert Its just my opinion but as i said before, i find that very stereotypical. Saying that most people who can class themselves as bus spotters have some form of autism is in my opinion unneeded. Just because you and a few of your friends have autism, does it really mean most bus spotters across the country are exactly the same?
Well I respect your opinion, but not everybody with autism is the same , not everybody with autism 'looks' autistic (which is a bizarre statement to have been made elsewhere) and it is quite well documented that a common characteristic of an autistic person is an interest in transport of one form or another.

Nothing further to say on the matter.
stueybish
10 Sep 2014, 3:55 am #283

(09 Sep 2014, 7:59 pm)Robert Its just my opinion but as i said before, i find that very stereotypical. Saying that most people who can class themselves as bus spotters have some form of autism is in my opinion unneeded. Just because you and a few of your friends have autism, does it really mean most bus spotters across the country are exactly the same?
Well I respect your opinion, but not everybody with autism is the same , not everybody with autism 'looks' autistic (which is a bizarre statement to have been made elsewhere) and it is quite well documented that a common characteristic of an autistic person is an interest in transport of one form or another.

Nothing further to say on the matter.

S813 FVK

10 Sep 2014, 5:38 pm #284
Cant remember what thread it was originally posted on but here is some news people will want to read Smile

http://www.consettstanleyadvertiser.co.u...?ref=var_0
S813 FVK
10 Sep 2014, 5:38 pm #284

Cant remember what thread it was originally posted on but here is some news people will want to read Smile

http://www.consettstanleyadvertiser.co.u...?ref=var_0

Diamond One

Banned

10 Sep 2014, 5:45 pm #285
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ru...0f421.html Rupert Murdoch has asked page 3 girls to cover up it ruins the suns mood its like telling animals to talk human language
Diamond One
10 Sep 2014, 5:45 pm #285

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ru...0f421.html Rupert Murdoch has asked page 3 girls to cover up it ruins the suns mood its like telling animals to talk human language

Adrian

10 Sep 2014, 6:13 pm #286
(10 Sep 2014, 5:45 pm)Racer_Experience http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ru...0f421.html Rupert Murdoch has asked page 3 girls to cover up it ruins the suns mood its like telling animals to talk human language

It's not though. It's a dated 'feature' that should be confined to the dark ages of inequality. Flick a few pages in and you'll see stuff about the government and other senior male MPs, business leaders, footballers, etc. Yet the only woman you're likely to notice is the one standing with her tits out on page 3, and all the horrible sexist 'banter' that goes with it.

Adrian
10 Sep 2014, 6:13 pm #286

(10 Sep 2014, 5:45 pm)Racer_Experience http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ru...0f421.html Rupert Murdoch has asked page 3 girls to cover up it ruins the suns mood its like telling animals to talk human language

It's not though. It's a dated 'feature' that should be confined to the dark ages of inequality. Flick a few pages in and you'll see stuff about the government and other senior male MPs, business leaders, footballers, etc. Yet the only woman you're likely to notice is the one standing with her tits out on page 3, and all the horrible sexist 'banter' that goes with it.

Jimmi

10 Sep 2014, 6:25 pm #287
Fire alarm went off while I was at the gym tonight and I was on the treadmill and what I should have done is hit the emergency stop button but what I actually did is attempted to remove my headphones from the treadmill and I fell off by sliding then falling to the floor. There wasn't even a fire, it was a false alarm.

Also a twat in a van almost ran me over on the zebra crossing in Tesco... AGAIN!
Jimmi
10 Sep 2014, 6:25 pm #287

Fire alarm went off while I was at the gym tonight and I was on the treadmill and what I should have done is hit the emergency stop button but what I actually did is attempted to remove my headphones from the treadmill and I fell off by sliding then falling to the floor. There wasn't even a fire, it was a false alarm.

Also a twat in a van almost ran me over on the zebra crossing in Tesco... AGAIN!

10 Sep 2014, 7:01 pm #288
(10 Sep 2014, 6:52 pm)AIG20 When I was in year seven, in the old building of Whitburn School, the treadmills was in one of the two main halls where I was hit really hard with a dodge ball - causing me to fall off the treadmill! I ended up with a really sore arm and shoulder which lasted for two weeks.

Even worse, I have heard of school pupils leaving a school building barefoot due to a firedrill during gymnastics/dance - where their shoes were locked in the changing room and they did not have enough time to get them! I extremely hated those topics of PE but the thought of this terrified me even more.

When I was in Year 6, a woman had taught Reception pretty much all of her teaching career (she'd been teaching at my primary for about 20 years, to give you a picture), and when I went into Year 6 she was 'relieved' of her duties by a NQT. They instantly didn't get on, because of the older woman just simply loving teaching the youngest children. We once had an emergency fire drill early in the year, and while everyone stood outside panicking because the reception class weren't anywhere to be seen, they suddenly emerged, barefoot, some only in their underpants, being led outside by the NQT.

The older teacher turned and said to her colleague, 'what a disgrace'. She then picked up two of the unclothed kids and tried to keep them warm while the NQT played on her phone......Dodgy
R852 PRG
10 Sep 2014, 7:01 pm #288

(10 Sep 2014, 6:52 pm)AIG20 When I was in year seven, in the old building of Whitburn School, the treadmills was in one of the two main halls where I was hit really hard with a dodge ball - causing me to fall off the treadmill! I ended up with a really sore arm and shoulder which lasted for two weeks.

Even worse, I have heard of school pupils leaving a school building barefoot due to a firedrill during gymnastics/dance - where their shoes were locked in the changing room and they did not have enough time to get them! I extremely hated those topics of PE but the thought of this terrified me even more.

When I was in Year 6, a woman had taught Reception pretty much all of her teaching career (she'd been teaching at my primary for about 20 years, to give you a picture), and when I went into Year 6 she was 'relieved' of her duties by a NQT. They instantly didn't get on, because of the older woman just simply loving teaching the youngest children. We once had an emergency fire drill early in the year, and while everyone stood outside panicking because the reception class weren't anywhere to be seen, they suddenly emerged, barefoot, some only in their underpants, being led outside by the NQT.

The older teacher turned and said to her colleague, 'what a disgrace'. She then picked up two of the unclothed kids and tried to keep them warm while the NQT played on her phone......Dodgy

Jimmi

10 Sep 2014, 7:03 pm #289

Thankfully I wasn't physically hurt, mentally however...

When I was in school the fire once went off when I was on the apparatus and our fire alarm was really loud and I nearly fell off.

The fire alarm also once went off at the end of a PE lesson once and I was getting changed and all I had on was my boxers so I had to very quickly get dressed as everyone else is going outside.
Edited 10 Sep 2014, 7:05 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
10 Sep 2014, 7:03 pm #289

Thankfully I wasn't physically hurt, mentally however...

When I was in school the fire once went off when I was on the apparatus and our fire alarm was really loud and I nearly fell off.

The fire alarm also once went off at the end of a PE lesson once and I was getting changed and all I had on was my boxers so I had to very quickly get dressed as everyone else is going outside.

Malarkey

10 Sep 2014, 7:23 pm #290
(09 Sep 2014, 7:35 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I have Mild Aspergus Syndrome which is classed a form of Autism, Although I don't class myself as being Autistic, unlike Doctors or School Teachers that I have seen or had over the Years, I see myself as a Normal Person like anybody else and I expect to be treated the same as everybody else is treated.

If I wanted to I could probably claim all these different Benefits that are on offer to those with Autism, Not really Familiar with what they are as I haven't took the time to look into what they are, I probably should, but I never done because as I said above I don't see myself as Autistic, Here is a Example, My Mam often sees Various Stories in the Magazines she gets touching on Autism, to try and give me an Insight on how it affects others and how they've dealt with it etc, But I refuse to read it and tell her i'm not Interested, simply because of the above Reason.

Getting back on Topic of the Person I seen Today, I don't think for a Second he was Autistic, he looked Normal to me and was clearly content on being Ignorant, not 100% sure but I think he might be one of those Enthusiasts who own a Preserved Vehicle, but as I don't know who it is, so I can't give an Accurate Answer.

The person who annoyed me Yesterday at Park Lane was called Glenn Thompson, have no idea who he is as yesterday was the first time I had seen him about.
Malarkey
10 Sep 2014, 7:23 pm #290

(09 Sep 2014, 7:35 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I have Mild Aspergus Syndrome which is classed a form of Autism, Although I don't class myself as being Autistic, unlike Doctors or School Teachers that I have seen or had over the Years, I see myself as a Normal Person like anybody else and I expect to be treated the same as everybody else is treated.

If I wanted to I could probably claim all these different Benefits that are on offer to those with Autism, Not really Familiar with what they are as I haven't took the time to look into what they are, I probably should, but I never done because as I said above I don't see myself as Autistic, Here is a Example, My Mam often sees Various Stories in the Magazines she gets touching on Autism, to try and give me an Insight on how it affects others and how they've dealt with it etc, But I refuse to read it and tell her i'm not Interested, simply because of the above Reason.

Getting back on Topic of the Person I seen Today, I don't think for a Second he was Autistic, he looked Normal to me and was clearly content on being Ignorant, not 100% sure but I think he might be one of those Enthusiasts who own a Preserved Vehicle, but as I don't know who it is, so I can't give an Accurate Answer.

The person who annoyed me Yesterday at Park Lane was called Glenn Thompson, have no idea who he is as yesterday was the first time I had seen him about.

Michael

11 Sep 2014, 11:17 am #291
Someone has just got on the bus and shut all the windows... i mean its not cold.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Sep 2014, 11:17 am #291

Someone has just got on the bus and shut all the windows... i mean its not cold.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

mrnut85

11 Sep 2014, 1:28 pm #292
(10 Sep 2014, 7:23 pm)NEBCD Malarkey The person who annoyed me Yesterday at Park Lane was called Glenn Thompson, have no idea who he is as yesterday was the first time I had seen him about.
Well if it's the same Glenn Thompson I know of then he is deaf
mrnut85
11 Sep 2014, 1:28 pm #292

(10 Sep 2014, 7:23 pm)NEBCD Malarkey The person who annoyed me Yesterday at Park Lane was called Glenn Thompson, have no idea who he is as yesterday was the first time I had seen him about.
Well if it's the same Glenn Thompson I know of then he is deaf

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Sep 2014, 1:36 pm #293
(11 Sep 2014, 1:28 pm)mrnut85 Well if it's the same Glenn Thompson I know of then he is deaf
I also took a photo of him trespassing at a Go North East depot last year too...
Dan
11 Sep 2014, 1:36 pm #293

(11 Sep 2014, 1:28 pm)mrnut85 Well if it's the same Glenn Thompson I know of then he is deaf
I also took a photo of him trespassing at a Go North East depot last year too...

Malarkey

11 Sep 2014, 2:02 pm #294
(11 Sep 2014, 1:36 pm)Dan I also took a photo of him trespassing at a Go North East depot last year too...

Thinking back, Remember when I bumped into you Dan in Newcastle a few Months back, and then 2 Lads randomly appeared out of no where and started taking Photos, I'm sure he was one of them, so I may of seen him before, quite surprised to hear that he is Deaf, as he heard me quite clearly otherwise he wouldn't shrugged his shoulders in acknowledgment, and I didn't notice he a Hearing Aid either
Malarkey
11 Sep 2014, 2:02 pm #294

(11 Sep 2014, 1:36 pm)Dan I also took a photo of him trespassing at a Go North East depot last year too...

Thinking back, Remember when I bumped into you Dan in Newcastle a few Months back, and then 2 Lads randomly appeared out of no where and started taking Photos, I'm sure he was one of them, so I may of seen him before, quite surprised to hear that he is Deaf, as he heard me quite clearly otherwise he wouldn't shrugged his shoulders in acknowledgment, and I didn't notice he a Hearing Aid either

11 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm #295
Really pissed off. I had to go to my Grandma's today due to my ankle being broken. My mam dropped me off @ 8:30, and my grandma told me that two of her friends were going to be visiting. I asked her who, and she just said 'John'. Don't worry, John isn't a boyfriend (I'd die if an 80 year old like her got a boyfriend), he is MAD about trains. Now, as you may know, I like trains as well as buses. He's a right buff mind, he goes to different countries just to pencil down a few train numbers in a notepad (has he never heard of the Internet?!), and goes to different preserved railways around the world with a group of his mates, along with what I can only describe as his 'long suffering' wife Janet. There's a twist though, my grandma said he was mad on buses now too!!

I was quite excited, so I said I would try and tell him about north east operations. She told me not to bother, because that was the whole point of them visiting (they live down in Shrewsbury), so he could find out about north eastern buses. I was a bit put off, but at about eleven their car pulled up on the drive. I watched from the front window as he strolled out, with a Bluebell Railway polo shirt on and a National Railway Museum cap, and my grandma opened the door. She introduced us while her and Janet gossiped on the other sofa with a cup of tea. I started off by asking him if he was interested in anything to do with buses in the north east, as I had heard he was now into buses as well. He said 'oh yes, well, you see young man, I have what we call friends, in this community, who share information so we all become more knowledgable'. I told him I was a member of a bus forum, and he asked me which one. When I said NEB, he said he'd never heard of it. I asked him if he was on any forums, and he said he spoke privately to various friends all the time. I told him I had a few fleet lists in the kitchen, so I went and handed him a few stapled together fleet lists for GNE, ANE, SNE and the Metro (as he liked trains too). He scoffed and said he already had 'all of this information'. I was fed up, but as I couldn't really move with my ankle, I had to endure him banging on about trains in Peru for another thirty minutes, before they made tracks.

Really pissed off, can't believe I've been talked down to in the first house I ever lived in!!
R852 PRG
11 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm #295

Really pissed off. I had to go to my Grandma's today due to my ankle being broken. My mam dropped me off @ 8:30, and my grandma told me that two of her friends were going to be visiting. I asked her who, and she just said 'John'. Don't worry, John isn't a boyfriend (I'd die if an 80 year old like her got a boyfriend), he is MAD about trains. Now, as you may know, I like trains as well as buses. He's a right buff mind, he goes to different countries just to pencil down a few train numbers in a notepad (has he never heard of the Internet?!), and goes to different preserved railways around the world with a group of his mates, along with what I can only describe as his 'long suffering' wife Janet. There's a twist though, my grandma said he was mad on buses now too!!

I was quite excited, so I said I would try and tell him about north east operations. She told me not to bother, because that was the whole point of them visiting (they live down in Shrewsbury), so he could find out about north eastern buses. I was a bit put off, but at about eleven their car pulled up on the drive. I watched from the front window as he strolled out, with a Bluebell Railway polo shirt on and a National Railway Museum cap, and my grandma opened the door. She introduced us while her and Janet gossiped on the other sofa with a cup of tea. I started off by asking him if he was interested in anything to do with buses in the north east, as I had heard he was now into buses as well. He said 'oh yes, well, you see young man, I have what we call friends, in this community, who share information so we all become more knowledgable'. I told him I was a member of a bus forum, and he asked me which one. When I said NEB, he said he'd never heard of it. I asked him if he was on any forums, and he said he spoke privately to various friends all the time. I told him I had a few fleet lists in the kitchen, so I went and handed him a few stapled together fleet lists for GNE, ANE, SNE and the Metro (as he liked trains too). He scoffed and said he already had 'all of this information'. I was fed up, but as I couldn't really move with my ankle, I had to endure him banging on about trains in Peru for another thirty minutes, before they made tracks.

Really pissed off, can't believe I've been talked down to in the first house I ever lived in!!

mrnut85

11 Sep 2014, 3:20 pm #296
(11 Sep 2014, 2:02 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Thinking back, Remember when I bumped into you Dan in Newcastle a few Months back, and then 2 Lads randomly appeared out of no where and started taking Photos, I'm sure he was one of them, so I may of seen him before, quite surprised to hear that he is Deaf, as he heard me quite clearly otherwise he wouldn't shrugged his shoulders in acknowledgment, and I didn't notice he a Hearing Aid either
He may have a hidden hearing aid and deals people also lip read
mrnut85
11 Sep 2014, 3:20 pm #296

(11 Sep 2014, 2:02 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Thinking back, Remember when I bumped into you Dan in Newcastle a few Months back, and then 2 Lads randomly appeared out of no where and started taking Photos, I'm sure he was one of them, so I may of seen him before, quite surprised to hear that he is Deaf, as he heard me quite clearly otherwise he wouldn't shrugged his shoulders in acknowledgment, and I didn't notice he a Hearing Aid either
He may have a hidden hearing aid and deals people also lip read

Michael

11 Sep 2014, 3:22 pm #297
Seriously how depressing is this September teaser for Eastenders...

I mean i know there is depressing issues in the world atm but has to be something good happening?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Sep 2014, 3:22 pm #297

Seriously how depressing is this September teaser for Eastenders...

I mean i know there is depressing issues in the world atm but has to be something good happening?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

11 Sep 2014, 3:26 pm #298
(11 Sep 2014, 3:22 pm)Michael Seriously how depressing is this September teaser for Eastenders...

Good god.....why is it Kat looks like a prostitute?! I know they're desperate for money, but......Tongue
R852 PRG
11 Sep 2014, 3:26 pm #298

(11 Sep 2014, 3:22 pm)Michael Seriously how depressing is this September teaser for Eastenders...

Good god.....why is it Kat looks like a prostitute?! I know they're desperate for money, but......Tongue

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Sep 2014, 3:30 pm #299

Aye, think it was.
He's usually with another lad, who's good with sign language.

I'm bound to have the photograph of him somewhere, entering GNE's Saltmeadows Rd Depot. If my memory serves, it was when 5229 was first repainted red. The bus was being prepped before being taken to Hexham and the lads walked in without a care in the world - even though, five minutes later, the bus left the depot...
Dan
11 Sep 2014, 3:30 pm #299

Aye, think it was.
He's usually with another lad, who's good with sign language.

I'm bound to have the photograph of him somewhere, entering GNE's Saltmeadows Rd Depot. If my memory serves, it was when 5229 was first repainted red. The bus was being prepped before being taken to Hexham and the lads walked in without a care in the world - even though, five minutes later, the bus left the depot...

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Sep 2014, 3:31 pm #300

Effective from a Media Studies point of view!
I liked the trailer they released for the upcoming episodes this month a few days ago.
Dan
11 Sep 2014, 3:31 pm #300

Effective from a Media Studies point of view!
I liked the trailer they released for the upcoming episodes this month a few days ago.

Pages (135) Previous 114 15 16135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average