You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
(13 Sep 2014, 2:55 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote All being well I should be, as I already have money set aside for Fifa 15, I get paid off the Job Centre again Tuesday, then again 2 Days after the Open Day, and my Dad said he going give some Money, so I should be okay Money wise.

I am curious to what Vehicles will be attending the event, and will it be similar to the one in Carlisle where Vehicles came from other Depots further afield.

Coming back to this, I can confirm the following vehicles will be attending the Stockton Depot Open Day:

Stagecoach Own Vehicles
Carlisle's Alexander Dennis Enviro300 27141 or 27142
One of Sunderland's Scania K230UB/Alexander Dennis Enviro300GS
One of Walkergate's Alexander Dennis Enviro400H
Stockton-based Volvo Olympians 16834/6 will be operating the High Street-Depot shuttle, while I am hopefully Volvo B10B/Plaxton Verde 21037 will be on display due to its historic value as the last Transit vehicle in the Stagecoach fleet

Preserved Vehicles
The 500 Group's 1958-built Middlesbrough Coporation Dennis Loline 99 (JDC 599) will be on display (for anyone who doesn't come to the Teesside Running Day, this is a rare chance to see the vehicle which rarely attends other Rallies)
The 500 Group's 1973-registered Damlier Fleetline/Northern Counties L544 (JDC 544L) will be sharing the shuttles with 16834/6, quite possibly one of the final times it will be used for the general public for now.....
Because, making its preservation debut is 1977-built Bristol VRT/Northern Counties H106 (RDC 106R) whose 9-year restoration is all but complete. It is now freshly repainted into the original Cleveland Transit Jasmine and Green
It is also believed that preserved Hartlepool Tranport Bristol RE 93, Busways Volvo B10B/Alexander Strider 1902 (M902 DRG) and maybe even Scania L113/Alexander Strider 954 (M954 DRG) will be attending

As I'm helping out on the day (and will be at the event 2 hours before the gates open), I will endeavor to post what is on display etc on the morning of the day.
(19 Sep 2014, 7:53 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Coming back to this, I can confirm the following vehicles will be attending the Stockton Depot Open Day:

Stagecoach Own Vehicles
Carlisle's Alexander Dennis Enviro300 27141 or 27142
One of Sunderland's Scania K230UB/Alexander Dennis Enviro300GS
One of Walkergate's Alexander Dennis Enviro400H
Stockton-based Volvo Olympians 16834/6 will be operating the High Street-Depot shuttle, while I am hopefully Volvo B10B/Plaxton Verde 21037 will be on display due to its historic value as the last Transit vehicle in the Stagecoach fleet

Preserved Vehicles
The 500 Group's 1958-built Middlesbrough Coporation Dennis Loline 99 (JDC 599) will be on display (for anyone who doesn't come to the Teesside Running Day, this is a rare chance to see the vehicle which rarely attends other Rallies)
The 500 Group's 1973-registered Damlier Fleetline/Northern Counties L544 (JDC 544L) will be sharing the shuttles with 16834/6, quite possibly one of the final times it will be used for the general public for now.....
Because, making its preservation debut is 1977-built Bristol VRT/Northern Counties H106 (RDC 106R) whose 9-year restoration is all but complete. It is now freshly repainted into the original Cleveland Transit Jasmine and Green
It is also believed that preserved Hartlepool Tranport Bristol RE 93, Busways Volvo B10B/Alexander Strider 1902 (M902 DRG) and maybe even Scania L113/Alexander Strider 954 (M954 DRG) will be attending

As I'm helping out on the day (and will be at the event 2 hours before the gates open), I will endeavor to post what is on display etc on the morning of the day.

Cheers Tony. Very informative post, and certainly not an event that should be missed judging by the post!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(19 Sep 2014, 7:57 pm)aureolin wrote Cheers Tony. Very informative post, and certainly not an event that should be missed judging by the post!

May additional be vehicles from the home fleet being used in the depot - Judging from the list of events and attractions here. The event has been in part planned by the depot's AOM who worked for Stagecoach North West for 10 years prior to her transfer to this region, starting at the bottom and working her way up. Hopefully this will be a success and re-start the regualr open days of years gone by at Stockton depot (this is the first since de-regulation, let alone since Stagecoach took over in late 1994).
Jimmi - if you wish to go, I will probably be taking my car to Darlo and I live near Aycliffe. If you are willing to make a very small contribution to fuel I don't mind taking you. Were you the lad who went to Seaburn on Steve Foster's National and got on at Rushyford?
No that wasn't me who got on at Rushyford.
I haven't decided if I'm going yet, but if I do I would appreciate the lift.
(19 Sep 2014, 8:13 pm)Jimmi wrote No that wasn't me who got on at Rushyford.
I haven't decided if I'm going yet, but if I do I would appreciate the lift.

No probs. Just message me on here or find me on Facebook "Stu Gray"
Site Administrator
(20 Sep 2014, 5:46 pm)aureolin wrote Thought I'd bump up that the Lothian Open Doors day is next Saturday - http://lothianbuses.com/our-community/community/events

Has anyone decided to head up for this?

I'm heading up next week. Not getting the same trains as usual as I intend on going to the Stagecoach Open Day in Stockton the following day, and that day usually tires me so much so that I usually stay in the following day.

Showbus tomorrow - might I see anyone?
(20 Sep 2014, 6:12 pm)Dan wrote I'm heading up next week. Not getting the same trains as usual as I intend on going to the Stagecoach Open Day in Stockton the following day, and that day usually tires me so much so that I usually stay in the following day.

Showbus tomorrow - might I see anyone?

Aye, ideally I would have went up later, if I had planned earlier to go to Stockton. I'm probably going to change to head home on a 3pm-ish train instead though.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(20 Sep 2014, 6:12 pm)Dan wrote Showbus tomorrow - might I see anyone?

I shall be there - travelling down on Generation Travel's Setra T222GEN, leaving Stockton at 6am............
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
(20 Sep 2014, 9:22 pm)Kuyoyo wrote I shall be there - travelling down on Generation Travel's Setra T222GEN, leaving Stockton at 6am............
I left my house at 0640am, getting to Showbus for 1100am after having a stop or two.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, and it was great to see all so many buses that I hadn't seen previously. I took in excess of 450 photos, but I am rather 'trigger happy' and have consequently managed to delete 200 of those with a number of those remaining photos not being for Flickr.

Heard that Lee Garrett's Metrobus departed at 2am this morning...not for me!

Was rather surprised to see so many enthusiasts from the North East down there (about ten in total!)
(21 Sep 2014, 3:01 pm)Dan wrote I left my house at 0640am, getting to Showbus for 1100am after having a stop or two.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, and it was great to see all so many buses that I hadn't seen previously. 
I agree, it was a good day, and travelling in a decent motor helped.... Smile
Site Administrator
(21 Sep 2014, 7:37 pm)citaro5284 wrote I agree, it was a good day, and travelling in a decent motor helped.... Smile

Whey aye! Telling you now, bet you wouldn't be able to sink into the seats of some of the vehicles which attended today! Wink 
The date is the key issue here - most rallies arranged on the same day as Showbus always end up being a poor day as most groups and owners go to Showbus.
Never done one of these before but here it goes:

3832 (S832 OFT) - Durham Road to Lanchester St Bedes (AM)
3813 (S813 FVK) - Lanchester St Bedes to Durham Road (PM)

nowt exciting but just thought it post it anyway.
Site Administrator
(25 Sep 2014, 9:38 pm)northern156 wrote Ooooh, never knew about this! May make a little trip out of it! Will have to decide tomorrow though as I'm too tired to do so tonight :p

Incentive?

.jpg londonbus.jpg
Remind for all (I will post another tomorrow) - we are a day and a half away from the long awaited Stockton Open Day - and the preparations are coming along nicely. I have been at the depot this evening helping to clean out the 500 Group vehicles (See this post for 'Cindy'). More setting-up will being undertaken tomorrow by depot staff getting balloons and banners up and ready.

Everything will be in place by 1030 on Sunday morning. Gates open at 1100. You will be able to spot the various different members - Stagecoach Staff will be in uniform (White Shirt and tie for managers, Blue Shirt and Tie for drivers) while members of the 500 Group will be on White Shirts with either black or Transit ties. Money spent on Stagecoach stalls, the Bus Wash rides and the Blind fun will all be going to charity. I hope to see you all there.
Thanks for the Update Kuyoyo, quite looking forward to this event.

Busy Day for me Tomorrow so I might not get a chance to make a Post ahead of Stockton on Sunday as I am supposed to be helping my Dad move House, but instead I am doing his Grocery Shopping for him, as he is having a House Warming Party, this will also give me the chance to do some Bus Spotting also.

My Plan for Sunday is as Follows: Note I might get an Explorer so I can use Arriva/Stagecoach Services from Stockton to Middlesbrough.

09:18 - 21 - Low Fell to Gateshead
10:10 - X10 - Gateshead to Stockton
*Few Hours at Stockton Depot*
Stockton to Middlesbrough
*Hour in Middlesbrough taking Photos*
X10 Middlesbrough to Gateshead
4 Heworth to Washington Galleries
M2/M2A/50 or 2C - Washington Galleries to Lambton

I know Aureolin is going on Sunday also, if anyone wants to join us on the X10, Your more than Welcome to do so.
I shall be attending, but I'm not sure what time I'll be going yet.

Just a notice for anyone travelling to Darlington on Sunday:
The YARM LANE STAND 31 bus stop in STOCKTON TOWN CENTRE will be suspended from 0730 until around 1400 on Sundays 21 and 28 September 2014 whilst the road is closed for carriageway resurfacing. Buses (866, M2 and X66) will instead use Stand 34 in Stockton High Street, outside the Castlegate Centre, until the road reopens
(26 Sep 2014, 4:10 pm)Dan wrote Incentive?

If that's there then I probably will venture down. Haven't seen one of them Borismasters in the flesh yet. I do love them like.
(26 Sep 2014, 10:29 pm)Adam wrote If that's there then I probably will venture down. Haven't seen one of them Borismasters in the flesh yet. I do love them like.

I think somewhere wires have got crossed - there won't be a Borismaster at Stockton on Sunday. I think that is up at the Lothian event tomorrow.
(26 Sep 2014, 10:42 pm)Kuyoyo wrote I think somewhere wires have got crossed - there won't be a Borismaster at Stockton on Sunday. I think that is up at the Lothian event tomorrow.

ah right. Thank you for clarifying. Blame all the whisky I've drank tonight haha Tongue