Menu

Pages (2) 1 2   
GuyParkRoyal   24 Apr 2014, 10:10 am
Nexus have at last removed the Stagecoach branded timetables for the Newcastle 33 service from their Travel Centres and Bus Stations. New Nexus Branded timetables for the 33 have now been introduced.

So far so good until you open the timetable and Nexus inform you that the service is operated by Go North East.

Strange that as Kingsleys are operating the 33.
Attached Files
.jpg
img013.jpg (Size 1.37 MB Downloads 67)
Acky81   24 Apr 2014, 10:43 am
Yet another nexus cock up!!! They are getting worse
JakeSavage   24 Apr 2014, 8:30 pm
They should also apologise to any customers who may be awaiting the 1507 Monday to Friday trip from pilgrim street.

(There isn't one, despite what this publicity says).
Jimmi   29 Oct 2014, 3:30 pm
Timetable on stand B in Park Lane says that the Arriva 22/23 both leave at 07, 37 mins past the hour.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   29 Oct 2014, 3:38 pm
Nexus are starting to update their online bus timetables for this weeks GNE changes...

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/24247.pdf - Sunderland Royal Hospital

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/24801.pdf - Hylton Retail Park (odd seen a bus to Beamish going from there). 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   30 Oct 2014, 8:04 am
Nexus updated the Timetables at Lambton Village Centre ahead of the Scheduled Chsnges on Sunday, Must be a Sickness Bug going about as theyve done a few days early.
Tommy1581   19 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm
All the stops along Milburn Road (Ashington) still list the 34. Even though the 34 uses North Seaton Road now.
Adrian   18 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm
Out of interest, I wonder if Nexus continue to print the non-standard bus stop timetables for the Quaylink, once it goes commercial? Probably not practical across the whole route, but I cant see the issue in the traditional Quaylink area in the City Centre. It's great for tourists, as they can see the full route map.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   26 Jul 2015, 10:02 am
(18 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm)aureolin wrote Out of interest, I wonder if Nexus continue to print the non-standard bus stop timetables for the Quaylink, once it goes commercial? Probably not practical across the whole route, but I cant see the issue in the traditional Quaylink area in the City Centre. It's great for tourists, as they can see the full route map.

The real question ought to have been "I wonder if Nexus will update the timetables at all"... Your answer would be "No" - we still have timetables dated 2012 on the Quayside.
Michael   26 Jul 2015, 10:06 am
(26 Jul 2015, 10:02 am)Dan wrote The real question ought to have been "I wonder if Nexus will update the timetables at all"... Your answer would be "No" - we still have timetables dated 2012 on the Quayside.

Some of the online ones have being updated on the NEXUS site.... it'll take them weeks to change some of the timetables on the streets...........

Really they should gone around yesterday to do them and early morning, shouldn't take long to change a bus timetable....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BJ10VUS   26 Jul 2015, 10:40 am
I've found a new Quaylink timetable and the updated map for Hillgate Quay.
I haven't been to the stop in person, but it's been updated online.
http://liners.nexus.org.uk/15Q15.pdf
MurdnunoC   26 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm
(26 Jul 2015, 10:40 am)BJ10VUS wrote I've found a new Quaylink timetable and the updated map for Hillgate Quay.
I haven't been to the stop in person, but it's been updated online.
http://liners.nexus.org.uk/15Q15.pdf

I was walking along Market Street earlier today and noticed the eastbound (towards Gateshead/St Peter's Basin) bus-stop has had its timetable updated to reflect the changes. 

The flag on the stop, however, still shows Q1/Q2.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   26 Jul 2015, 3:21 pm
(26 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I was walking along Market Street earlier today and noticed the eastbound (towards Gateshead/St Peter's Basin) bus-stop has had its timetable updated to reflect the changes. 

The flag on the stop, however, still shows Q1/Q2.

The timetables in the Gateshead area have been updated, too. I didn't look at any of the timetables in the City Centre, but none of the timetables along the Quayside had been updated (these arguably being some of the most important, given that the Q2 will now go to Gateshead instead of St Peter's Basin).
MurdnunoC   26 Jul 2015, 3:39 pm
(26 Jul 2015, 3:21 pm)Dan wrote The timetables in the Gateshead area have been updated, too. I didn't look at any of the timetables in the City Centre, but none of the timetables along the Quayside had been updated (these arguably being some of the most important, given that the Q2 will now go to Gateshead instead of St Peter's Basin).

Were they different to the usual Nexus liners?

The one on Market Street appeared to look different, showing both routes and highlighting the locations of various tourist attractions. The timetable itself was in its usual Nexus format - with service Q2 terminating at Heworth Metro.
Dan   26 Jul 2015, 3:42 pm
(26 Jul 2015, 3:39 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Were they different to the usual Nexus liners?

The one on Market Street appeared to look different, showing both routes and highlighting the locations of various tourist attractions. The timetable itself was in its usual Nexus format - with service Q2 terminating at Heworth Metro.

The stops on the old Orbit 51/52 routes (that I saw) had the normal Nexus liners. See Wrekenton High Street liners here.

I'll double check the one in Gateshead Interchange tomorrow as I think this one was yellow (although as the stop is shared with the Citylink, it was only small and had no map to my memory).
omnicity4659   01 Aug 2015, 8:23 am
Liners at Regent Centre stand C showing Q3... and service X16!!!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   01 Aug 2015, 12:32 pm
Brilliantly informative timetable at Thompson Street Post Office in Darlington.
[Image: 9ad72392eb66cc2fdac23bd1a7a711bd.jpg]

It's only missing the times for the 7, 8, 16, 21 and X66! I'll be honest I am amazed that the Dalesbus and Moorsbus services are on it.
James101   30 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm
.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 22.50.37.png (Size 701.94 KB Downloads 45)

This monstrosity disappeared off the Connect Tees Valley website for a while, but it appears it's made a comeback!

Aside from the fact it looks like it's been cobbled together in MS Paint, it doesn't actually tell the user much at all.

Bearing in mind the point of a transit map should be that it can be given to a person with no knowledge of the area and they can fathom out what goes where and where they can catch it. 

The town centre is a mess, there's no way a person could reasonably work out what services are included in the technicolour loop. Then there's the colours themselves, I'm not sure of the reasoning the way services have been grouped. Some services which have widely varying destinations are shown as the same colour (X10, X17), yet some services which have similar routes & destinations are given unique colours (12, 13, 14). 

The white circles are the most peculiar feature. I presume they represent bus stops, but only some are shown. Out of the ones that are shown, most are without labels, meaning they just sit around rather anonymously. There's no way a person could use the map to work out the departure location of their service. On saying that, maybe they're not actually bus stops, as the Newport Roundabout is reprinted as a single point, which suggests every service passing through calls at a single interchange point, including the ones whizzing overhead on the A66. 

The rest of the resources provided by Connect Tees Valley are quite good, hopefully someone there can have a look at this one.
Andreos1   30 Mar 2017, 1:01 pm
(30 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm)James101 wrote This monstrosity disappeared off the Connect Tees Valley website for a while, but it appears it's made a comeback!

Aside from the fact it looks like it's been cobbled together in MS Paint, it doesn't actually tell the user much at all.

Bearing in mind the point of a transit map should be that it can be given to a person with no knowledge of the area and they can fathom out what goes where and where they can catch it. 

The town centre is a mess, there's no way a person could reasonably work out what services are included in the technicolour loop. Then there's the colours themselves, I'm not sure of the reasoning the way services have been grouped. Some services which have widely varying destinations are shown as the same colour (X10, X17), yet some services which have similar routes & destinations are given unique colours (12, 13, 14). 

The white circles are the most peculiar feature. I presume they represent bus stops, but only some are shown. Out of the ones that are shown, most are without labels, meaning they just sit around rather anonymously. There's no way a person could use the map to work out the departure location of their service. On saying that, maybe they're not actually bus stops, as the Newport Roundabout is reprinted as a single point, which suggests every service passing through calls at a single interchange point, including the ones whizzing overhead on the A66. 

The rest of the resources provided by Connect Tees Valley are quite good, hopefully someone there can have a look at this one.

Incorrect data on the legend too. One that jumps out, are the services along the A66.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
dannygee   12 Apr 2017, 2:08 pm
Think nexus have made another mistake online.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   12 Apr 2017, 2:12 pm
(12 Apr 2017, 2:08 pm)dannygee wrote Think nexus have made another mistake online.

It isn't - 

PB0002400/450 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTHERN LTD
Route: Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange to Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange
Service number: 700 (701)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 22 Apr 2017

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   12 Apr 2017, 2:16 pm
(12 Apr 2017, 2:12 pm)Michael wrote It isn't - 

PB0002400/450 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTHERN LTD
Route: Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange to Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange
Service number: 700 (701)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 22 Apr 2017

He meant for the top one I'm guessing Smile
dannygee   13 Apr 2017, 12:31 am
(12 Apr 2017, 2:16 pm)Tom wrote He meant for the top one I'm guessing Smile

Yep sorry didnt mention. It was the top one
Northern4555   23 Jan 2018, 4:06 pm
I see nexus are quick off the mark in the hebburn area with the new timetables at bus stops already installed.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   23 Jan 2018, 5:55 pm
(23 Jan 2018, 4:06 pm)Northern4555 wrote I see nexus are quick off the mark in the hebburn area with the new timetables at bus stops already installed.

Bus stop timetables often seemed to be changed at least a few days in advance, not just in Nexus land either, Durham County Council have made a start on updating timetables ahead of contract changes from Sunday as well, noticed a timetable in Newton Aycliffe this afternoon that now has service 879 down as being operated by Hodgsons.
Northern4555   28 Jan 2018, 10:49 pm
(23 Jan 2018, 5:55 pm)Jimmi wrote Bus stop timetables often seemed to be changed at least a few days in advance, not just in Nexus land either, Durham County Council have made a start on updating timetables ahead of contract changes from Sunday as well, noticed a timetable in Newton Aycliffe this afternoon that now has service 879 down as being operated by Hodgsons.

I spoke to soon about nexus being quick off the mark with the new bus stop time tables.grainger st Newcastle still showing the old 27 route timetable without the new route 26. There were quite a few confused passengers looking for new bus times, so when 26 pulled in you could see the panic and confusion .some were thinking the driver had put in 26 instead of 27, even after the new times were on the web site, loads people did not know the buses changed today.
Jimmi   29 Jan 2018, 7:00 pm
Speaking of outdated timetables, Durham County Council's interactive timetable and map site: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durhamPT/download-tts.html has a few timetables for services which have since been withdrawn including:

JSB Travel's evening journeys on Arriva service 6.

Cumbria Classic Coaches service 572 shows a summer timetable when it's currently on a winter timetable.

Scarlet Band X49 & S2 were withdrawn.

Also this oldie in Heighington today, this service was withdrawn getting on for nearly 3 years ago now.
.jpg
_20180129_184725.JPG (Size 82.45 KB Downloads 22)
stagecoachbusdepot   04 Feb 2018, 12:03 am
Still don't really understand the new Go North East approach to printed timetables - the continued production of timetables for services with major changes indicates that there is a recognition that there is still a need/value in producing printed leaflets. But then that logic falls flat when leaflets aren't available for other services, which have had minor changes and therefore 'old' timetables withdrawn, without replacement. Why, for example is there a need for a printed timetable for the 9 but not the 8?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Northern4555   04 Feb 2018, 5:11 am
(04 Feb 2018, 12:03 am)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Still don't really understand the new Go North East approach to printed timetables - the continued production of timetables for services with major changes indicates that there is a recognition that there is still a need/value in producing printed leaflets.  But then that logic falls flat when leaflets aren't available for other services, which have had minor changes and therefore 'old' timetables withdrawn, without replacement.  Why, for example is there a need for a printed timetable for the 9 but not the 8?

I picked up the new 26/27 timetables on the bus yesterday,which I was surprised about,I did not think they were going to print any.
Northern   04 Feb 2018, 12:09 pm
I was on board the Prince Bishops 20 the other day & they had South Tyneside Bus Guides on board.
Pages (2) 1 2