Menu

Pages (90)    182 83 8490   
Dan   01 Mar 2015, 9:49 am
(01 Mar 2015, 9:47 am)Jimmi wrote Right I have now not had any WiFi for 18 HOURS!!!! Angry

I am utterly ****ing ****ed off now and someone's head is going to be on a ****ing pike for this as this is a complete ****ing joke feel like I'm back into 2005 before WiFi was even a thing.

This lack of service means I can't view the forum or any other website on my phone and all I have to view the internet is a dongle, the problem with this is to satisfy my internet needs I have to keep getting on the laptop about every 2 hours which is not ideal and a pain in the arse to get the laptop turned on and set up every time I want to go on it.

Phone your ISP.

If worst comes to worst - they'll not fix it for you, but they will give you compensation of some sort.
Adrian   01 Mar 2015, 9:53 am
Where do you have the lack of WiFi? Is your computer not picking up your router? Is your phone not picking up the router? 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 9:58 am
(01 Mar 2015, 9:53 am)aureolin wrote Where do you have the lack of WiFi? Is your computer not picking up your router? Is your phone not picking up the router? 

The hub isn't working (again!) can't get access via any device.

No idea what's wrong with it but it keeps happening and is getting worse it used to just stop working for about 2 minutes every 15 minutes, now it likes to go off for hours and hours until several hours later it comes back - still waiting!
Adrian   01 Mar 2015, 10:00 am
(01 Mar 2015, 9:58 am)Jimmi wrote The hub isn't working (again!) can't get access via any device.

No idea what's wrong with it but it keeps happening and is getting worse it used to just stop working for about 2 minutes every 15 minutes, now it likes to go off for hours and hours until several hours later it comes back - still waiting!

BT Hub? If so have you tried their diagnostics site? http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Wireless

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   01 Mar 2015, 10:00 am
I appreciate it may be inconvenient but is it possible to connect your computer to the internet without WIFI using a good old fashioned cable? Doing so may help diagnose the problem as it may not necessarily be an ISP issue but rather one relating to the configaration of your router.
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 10:06 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:00 am)aureolin wrote BT Hub? If so have you tried their diagnostics site? http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Wireless

Yep sadly, I would try it but annoyingly my stupid head never wants to try these sorts of things in case I end up completely ****ing things up which often seems to happen and I am completely useless with technology.

I hate being me at times.
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 10:20 am
Well that didn't work - guess I'm doomed to have no WiFi forever!
Dan   01 Mar 2015, 10:22 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:20 am)Jimmi wrote Well that didn't work - guess I'm doomed to have no WiFi forever!

Ring BT Customer Services. They should help you fix it at their end.

If it's not something they can fix, they should send an engineer out. As you've been without an Internet connection for almost a day, they should compensate you, too.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 10:24 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:22 am)Dan wrote Ring BT Customer Services. They should help you fix it at their end.

If it's not something they can fix, they should send an engineer out. As you've been without an Internet connection for almost a day, they should compensate you, too.

I can't ring because of communication problems I have, going to have to wait for my sister to sort this now.
MrFozz   01 Mar 2015, 10:42 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:24 am)Jimmi wrote I can't ring because of communication problems I have, going to have to wait for my sister to sort this now.

Nothing worse than problems communicating...Sometimes have trouble myself, stumble over words and sound like I am pissed or on drugs(i am sometimes) [emoji14]
omnicity4659   01 Mar 2015, 10:44 am
That the 10:35 X21 from the Elephant has left 3 minutes early, now I have to wait for the next (service 1) at 11:13.

I hate fucking Arriva. Also sent a compliant about it via Twitter, as this is not supposed to happen, especially when The Elephant is a timing point.
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 10:48 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:42 am)MrFozz wrote Nothing worse than problems communicating...Sometimes have trouble myself, stumble over words and sound like I am pissed or on drugs(i am sometimes) [emoji14]

Yeah, I do that at times - sometimes when I go to talk to someone I am a bit terrified and look a bit nervous and awkward god knows what Dan was thinking when I saw him in Durham on Friday.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   01 Mar 2015, 10:49 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:48 am)Jimmi wrote Yeah, I do that at times - sometimes when I go to talk to someone I am a bit terrified and look a bit nervous and awkward god knows what Dan was thinking when I saw him in Durham on Friday.

"At least he said hi - unlike Marcus!" Tongue 
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 10:51 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:49 am)Dan wrote "At least he said hi - unlike Marcus!" Tongue 

Yeah I had to practically shoot myself in the foot just to say that, so what's Marcus' excuse.

Marcus, you know that this is going to go on forever.
omnicity4659   01 Mar 2015, 10:51 am
"Sapphire X21 and X22: Newcastle – Bedlington – Ashington – Newbiggin

We know that this service is not as reliable as it should be, especially on Monday to Friday mornings. We have looked closely at the causes of delays and we are making some changes to the timetables to reflect these."

Why not have a look at the fucktarded gits who you employ, you retarded DB piece of shite.
MrFozz   01 Mar 2015, 10:54 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:48 am)Jimmi wrote Yeah, I do that at times - sometimes when I go to talk to someone I am a bit terrified and look a bit nervous and awkward god knows what Dan was thinking when I saw him in Durham on Friday.
Pleased I never jumped off the bus and come bounding over to you, you might have crapped your pants [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
(01 Mar 2015, 10:49 am)Dan wrote "At least he said hi - unlike Marcus!" [emoji14] 
Big Grin
(01 Mar 2015, 10:51 am)Jimmi wrote Yeah I had to practically shoot myself in the foot just to say that, so what's Marcus' excuse.
Yeah Marcus, whats your excuse
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 10:56 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:54 am)MrFozz wrote Pleased I never jumped off the bus and come bounding over to you, you might have crapped your pants [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

No it's not that bad - if that was the case I'd never leave the house.
omnicity4659   01 Mar 2015, 10:58 am
The X21 is an unreliable piece of shite. Even on fucking Sundays.
Michael   01 Mar 2015, 11:00 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:58 am)Tommy_1581 wrote The X21 is an unreliable piece of shite. Even on fucking Sundays.

Not having a good day today at all, are you?. 

It was the same on Friday for me.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 11:03 am
(01 Mar 2015, 10:58 am)Tommy_1581 wrote The X21 is an unreliable piece of shite. Even on fucking Sundays.

Was going to say I wish my bus would be 3 minutes early but I think that's why I ended up stood in Bishop Auckland for 30 odd minutes on Tuesday.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   01 Mar 2015, 11:11 am
(01 Mar 2015, 11:00 am)Michael wrote Not having a good day today at all, are you?. 

It was the same on Friday for me.
If we had an 'I don't believe it' award Tommy would give Jimmi a good fight for it, nobody would be in with a chance [emoji14]
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 11:12 am
(01 Mar 2015, 11:11 am)MrFozz wrote If we had an 'I don't believe it' award Tommy would give Jimmi a good fight for it, nobody would be in with a chance [emoji14]

I'd be happy if the Wi-Fi would start working again.
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm
Well I'm now into hour 24 of Wi-Fi gate.

Annoyingly the only person who can really contact BT is my dad who won't be home until late tonight.

The lack of Wi-Fi is now driving me insane so I think I might jump on a 5A to Darlington, 1B to Bishop Auckland and then the 5A home just to kill 2 hours so I can maintain my sanity for a bit. At least I'll get to see what the EcoCity's are like on the 1B.
Adrian   01 Mar 2015, 2:04 pm
Hate to state the obvious, but have you tried restarting your home hub? Just shot it off at the plug socket, and stick it back on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   01 Mar 2015, 2:05 pm
(01 Mar 2015, 2:04 pm)aureolin wrote Hate to state the obvious, but have you tried restarting your home hub? Just shot it off at the plug socket, and stick it back on.

Yep.
Dan   01 Mar 2015, 2:30 pm
Dragon's Den isn't on tonight! Undecided
omnicity4659   01 Mar 2015, 2:40 pm
I ended up walking back from the bus station. Arriva buses are unreliable pieces of shite.
omnicity4659   01 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm
I hate the "like" feature.

It's just as bad as people teaming up against me, by "liking" somebody's "against" post.

Fucking sick of it.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   01 Mar 2015, 3:22 pm
(01 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I hate the "like" feature.

It's just as bad as people teaming up against me, by "liking" somebody's "against" post.

Fucking sick of it.

Could you show me an example of that Tommy???

I dont mind it to be honest...

Just about every social media site has some kind of like/favourite feature, so it is not like you could get rid of like/favourite features
R852 PRG   01 Mar 2015, 4:38 pm
Re: my excuse for not speaking to Dan. The 82 I planned to get on was due in a few minutes, Dan was standing quite a way away from the 82 stand when I saw him, and I didn't have my camera which would have made it awkward.

I also somehow manage to say something really weird.

Next time I see him, I will go over and attempt conversation. Big Grin

Anyway, what is annoying me today is the fact that I have tonnes of homework and just can't motivate myself.
Pages (90)    182 83 8490