Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (22) Previous 1 2 3 422 Next
Malarkey

05 Apr 2013, 2:30 pm #41
(04 Apr 2013, 10:26 pm)Daniel
(02 Apr 2013, 9:23 pm)Adam Malarkey After the little dispute over the layout I've changed mine abit, I've put all my GNE Brands Sets into one entire Collection, although the sets do remain separate for easier viewing, You'll only see the Collection though when you go on my Photostream, because if you click on sets it will still be the same. So there is slight changes I've made, I will eventually do this with other Sets for Arriva and Stagecoach etc. Just thought i'd inform you Daniel.

As you've probably noticed I haven't replied to the post you made summarising everyones comments yesterday, the way I see you have your interpretation of it and I have mine. The other reason behind not replying to it was to not allow the situation to get even worse and resulting in further arguing over a silly little thing like that.

Digging up such an old thing because I've only just had a chance to look through the forum as I've been on a three-day trip to the Lakes for the past three days.

Isn't that even more similar to mine now then..?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/collections/
Thought it was pretty common knowledge that my collection was called Go North East: "Buses By Brands" and the sets (notably in alphabetical order to ease my issue with things being unorganised) under that collection? I do mention it in every post, but nevermind.

I have tonnes of sets, so it would be irrational for me to say that using only sets would allow for easier viewing. If you go on my sets page, it's rather unorganised indeed. It does not allow for simplistic finding of a specific thing easily at all - on my collections page, however...

Still would love to see who had this idea before me though, as I stated in that massive rambling essay that led to no where. If anyone would kindly do the honour of showing me the original source (if it isn't mine) and I'll gladly pipe down.

Anyway, I have a few GNE photos from when I've been travelling to Newcastle (and latterly Carlisle and the rest of the Lakes) each day. They'll be uploaded over the next few days, and a summarising post of new arrivals to the present sub-collection will be made from the photos I've not yet made a post about and those taken over the past three days.

I didn't realise you had collections Daniel, I thought it was just all sets, Obviously we have similar views on Organisation of our Photos, which I think is a good thing. My sets are same although I don't have as many as you do, mine are quite messy, hence why I've put my GNE photos into a Collection.

I think that it's only me and you have the same sort of Layout, as others do have collections but like there sets everything is together whereas our's is divided up.

Only problem I have atm is creating more sets as Flickr doesn't seem to be giving me the option to do so, unless there is another way to do it.
Malarkey
05 Apr 2013, 2:30 pm #41

(04 Apr 2013, 10:26 pm)Daniel
(02 Apr 2013, 9:23 pm)Adam Malarkey After the little dispute over the layout I've changed mine abit, I've put all my GNE Brands Sets into one entire Collection, although the sets do remain separate for easier viewing, You'll only see the Collection though when you go on my Photostream, because if you click on sets it will still be the same. So there is slight changes I've made, I will eventually do this with other Sets for Arriva and Stagecoach etc. Just thought i'd inform you Daniel.

As you've probably noticed I haven't replied to the post you made summarising everyones comments yesterday, the way I see you have your interpretation of it and I have mine. The other reason behind not replying to it was to not allow the situation to get even worse and resulting in further arguing over a silly little thing like that.

Digging up such an old thing because I've only just had a chance to look through the forum as I've been on a three-day trip to the Lakes for the past three days.

Isn't that even more similar to mine now then..?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/collections/
Thought it was pretty common knowledge that my collection was called Go North East: "Buses By Brands" and the sets (notably in alphabetical order to ease my issue with things being unorganised) under that collection? I do mention it in every post, but nevermind.

I have tonnes of sets, so it would be irrational for me to say that using only sets would allow for easier viewing. If you go on my sets page, it's rather unorganised indeed. It does not allow for simplistic finding of a specific thing easily at all - on my collections page, however...

Still would love to see who had this idea before me though, as I stated in that massive rambling essay that led to no where. If anyone would kindly do the honour of showing me the original source (if it isn't mine) and I'll gladly pipe down.

Anyway, I have a few GNE photos from when I've been travelling to Newcastle (and latterly Carlisle and the rest of the Lakes) each day. They'll be uploaded over the next few days, and a summarising post of new arrivals to the present sub-collection will be made from the photos I've not yet made a post about and those taken over the past three days.

I didn't realise you had collections Daniel, I thought it was just all sets, Obviously we have similar views on Organisation of our Photos, which I think is a good thing. My sets are same although I don't have as many as you do, mine are quite messy, hence why I've put my GNE photos into a Collection.

I think that it's only me and you have the same sort of Layout, as others do have collections but like there sets everything is together whereas our's is divided up.

Only problem I have atm is creating more sets as Flickr doesn't seem to be giving me the option to do so, unless there is another way to do it.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

05 Apr 2013, 2:40 pm #42
Thanks Chris much appreciated, Ill get them online when I get home.

(05 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm)cbma06
(05 Apr 2013, 11:31 am)AdamY
(05 Apr 2013, 8:23 am)cbma06
(04 Apr 2013, 8:38 pm)AdamY
(04 Apr 2013, 8:21 pm)Brandon I don't want to go too off-topic, but thanks for bringing this up actually! There was a timetable for an open-top service between South Shields and Seaburn but for some reason must have been taken down. I've put it back online. It's Economic service 22 - which was running during the summer of 1997. Perhaps this had been numbered the 555 at some point?

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=144&pid=1478#pid1478

I'm pretty sure the 555 was allegedly operated by Northern. Economic/South Shields Busways might have taken over the operation of the service at some point in the early 90s but I think this is a re-introduction of this service rather than a renumbering. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Do you mean the 327/538 in the 80's from Whitley Bay to Seaburn, called Sea Front Services?.

The 538 is part of the 538/539 - 505/506 - E1/E2 lineage so it's definitely not that service as it still exists today (albeit with a slight route variation through Horsley Hill). The 327 eventually became the 333 in the early - mid 80's. It used to operate all the way to South Shields in 1974 (see attached timetable below) but by 1979 the route had been curtailed to terminate at North Shields Ferry. When did the 327/333 become an open-top service?

Ive got the timetable for the 327/538/539 ( 538/539 was a seperate timetable from the normal service 538/539) from the 80's sea front services. 327 whitely bay to north shields ferry landing (Ferry) 538/539 South Shields market to Seaburn. Sundays and Bank Holidays only, hourly service.

Ive sent the sea front services timetable images to northeastbus email address, if one of the adminstrators kindly could upload the 2 images.
NEB Admin Team
05 Apr 2013, 2:40 pm #42

Thanks Chris much appreciated, Ill get them online when I get home.

(05 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm)cbma06
(05 Apr 2013, 11:31 am)AdamY
(05 Apr 2013, 8:23 am)cbma06
(04 Apr 2013, 8:38 pm)AdamY
(04 Apr 2013, 8:21 pm)Brandon I don't want to go too off-topic, but thanks for bringing this up actually! There was a timetable for an open-top service between South Shields and Seaburn but for some reason must have been taken down. I've put it back online. It's Economic service 22 - which was running during the summer of 1997. Perhaps this had been numbered the 555 at some point?

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=144&pid=1478#pid1478

I'm pretty sure the 555 was allegedly operated by Northern. Economic/South Shields Busways might have taken over the operation of the service at some point in the early 90s but I think this is a re-introduction of this service rather than a renumbering. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Do you mean the 327/538 in the 80's from Whitley Bay to Seaburn, called Sea Front Services?.

The 538 is part of the 538/539 - 505/506 - E1/E2 lineage so it's definitely not that service as it still exists today (albeit with a slight route variation through Horsley Hill). The 327 eventually became the 333 in the early - mid 80's. It used to operate all the way to South Shields in 1974 (see attached timetable below) but by 1979 the route had been curtailed to terminate at North Shields Ferry. When did the 327/333 become an open-top service?

Ive got the timetable for the 327/538/539 ( 538/539 was a seperate timetable from the normal service 538/539) from the 80's sea front services. 327 whitely bay to north shields ferry landing (Ferry) 538/539 South Shields market to Seaburn. Sundays and Bank Holidays only, hourly service.

Ive sent the sea front services timetable images to northeastbus email address, if one of the adminstrators kindly could upload the 2 images.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm #43
10 mins to retweet - give it a go!

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/3...2923718656
Dan
05 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm #43

10 mins to retweet - give it a go!

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Apr 2013, 3:47 pm #44
(05 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm)Daniel 10 mins to retweet - give it a go!

Winner has been announced... It was me! Wink
https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/3...3241034754
Dan
05 Apr 2013, 3:47 pm #44

(05 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm)Daniel 10 mins to retweet - give it a go!

Winner has been announced... It was me! Wink
https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/3...3241034754

Andreos1

05 Apr 2013, 3:58 pm #45
Fix!!

Haha, well done though!
Andreos1
05 Apr 2013, 3:58 pm #45

Fix!!

Haha, well done though!

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm #46
(05 Apr 2013, 3:58 pm)Andreos1 Fix!!

Haha, well done though!

Hahaha, first time I've won of these and I've entered every single one. My Twitter consists of GNE retweets and the occasional other retweet! :L

Cheers.
Dan
05 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm #46

(05 Apr 2013, 3:58 pm)Andreos1 Fix!!

Haha, well done though!

Hahaha, first time I've won of these and I've entered every single one. My Twitter consists of GNE retweets and the occasional other retweet! :L

Cheers.

Adrian

05 Apr 2013, 4:56 pm #47
Congrats! It's a good competition for them to run really, as it'll be costing them nothing to provide. I never enter myself, as my card is on the Key lifestyle pay monthly. Having multiple tickets stored on my card means the driver gets a confirmation screen on their ticket machine, and 9 times out of 10 they don't know what it means. :s

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Apr 2013, 4:56 pm #47

Congrats! It's a good competition for them to run really, as it'll be costing them nothing to provide. I never enter myself, as my card is on the Key lifestyle pay monthly. Having multiple tickets stored on my card means the driver gets a confirmation screen on their ticket machine, and 9 times out of 10 they don't know what it means. :s

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Apr 2013, 5:13 pm #48
(05 Apr 2013, 4:56 pm)aureolin Congrats! It's a good competition for them to run really, as it'll be costing them nothing to provide. I never enter myself, as my card is on the Key lifestyle pay monthly. Having multiple tickets stored on my card means the driver gets a confirmation screen on their ticket machine, and 9 times out of 10 they don't know what it means. :s

I must admit that I preferred the "Friday Feeling" competition though. It wasn't a matter of complete luck, and rather, knowledge.
I mean, I didn't win then either and was often miles out on "How many miles does a typical xxx vehicle do per week?" competitions, but I preferred those.

Cheers nevertheless.
Dan
05 Apr 2013, 5:13 pm #48

(05 Apr 2013, 4:56 pm)aureolin Congrats! It's a good competition for them to run really, as it'll be costing them nothing to provide. I never enter myself, as my card is on the Key lifestyle pay monthly. Having multiple tickets stored on my card means the driver gets a confirmation screen on their ticket machine, and 9 times out of 10 they don't know what it means. :s

I must admit that I preferred the "Friday Feeling" competition though. It wasn't a matter of complete luck, and rather, knowledge.
I mean, I didn't win then either and was often miles out on "How many miles does a typical xxx vehicle do per week?" competitions, but I preferred those.

Cheers nevertheless.

cbma06

05 Apr 2013, 5:32 pm #49
Did 4606-9 had any reliability issues when there used to be on the 27's?, Yesterday there was one broken down and in the past hour another one has broken down, maybe GNE should of used more upto date buses on the X7 service.

cbma06
05 Apr 2013, 5:32 pm #49

Did 4606-9 had any reliability issues when there used to be on the 27's?, Yesterday there was one broken down and in the past hour another one has broken down, maybe GNE should of used more upto date buses on the X7 service.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

05 Apr 2013, 6:02 pm #50
re: Sea Front Services

Here's the links, they've been added to the TWPTE thread too

Sea Front Services (May 1980) Part 1
Sea Front Services (May 1980) Part 2

Cheers Smile
NEB Admin Team
05 Apr 2013, 6:02 pm #50

re: Sea Front Services

Here's the links, they've been added to the TWPTE thread too

Sea Front Services (May 1980) Part 1
Sea Front Services (May 1980) Part 2

Cheers Smile

gtom

Banned

05 Apr 2013, 7:04 pm #51
(Not sure if this is the right place so feel free to move mods)

I'm clearing out my loft and found a bunch of bus models from my mid 90s collecting days that I may be looking to offload if anyone is interested.

I've added them to my flickr account (apologies for quality, just with my phone and I'm no photographer...and to be fair, had a few sherries Big Grin)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74563573@N02/

I've just added the North East related ones (mainly GNE) but I've also got a heap from when I lived in Blackpool and 3 from a trip to New York if anyone is interested in those

The NE collection includes

VFM Dennis Dart Plaxton on X22
Leyland Olympian ECW in Go Coastline livery on the 310
Limited Ed Northumbria Northern Counties Palatine II livery branded 602
Newcastle Busways Metrobus (a Fenwick edition)
Northern Plaxton Paramount fleet num 7038 in Voyager colours
X66 Supershuttle Optare Delta
OK Travel Van-Hool Elize Coach
Go Coastline Palatine on 527
Dick Kerr Newcastle Corporation Tram on Fenham Route
Leyland National dual door long body in yellow Northern colours on 316
Go Ahead Gateshead Leyland Olympian on 610
MCW Metrobus in Northern Superliner Livery on the X1

Happy Weekends Folks
gtom
05 Apr 2013, 7:04 pm #51

(Not sure if this is the right place so feel free to move mods)

I'm clearing out my loft and found a bunch of bus models from my mid 90s collecting days that I may be looking to offload if anyone is interested.

I've added them to my flickr account (apologies for quality, just with my phone and I'm no photographer...and to be fair, had a few sherries Big Grin)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74563573@N02/

I've just added the North East related ones (mainly GNE) but I've also got a heap from when I lived in Blackpool and 3 from a trip to New York if anyone is interested in those

The NE collection includes

VFM Dennis Dart Plaxton on X22
Leyland Olympian ECW in Go Coastline livery on the 310
Limited Ed Northumbria Northern Counties Palatine II livery branded 602
Newcastle Busways Metrobus (a Fenwick edition)
Northern Plaxton Paramount fleet num 7038 in Voyager colours
X66 Supershuttle Optare Delta
OK Travel Van-Hool Elize Coach
Go Coastline Palatine on 527
Dick Kerr Newcastle Corporation Tram on Fenham Route
Leyland National dual door long body in yellow Northern colours on 316
Go Ahead Gateshead Leyland Olympian on 610
MCW Metrobus in Northern Superliner Livery on the X1

Happy Weekends Folks

tyresmoke

05 Apr 2013, 8:34 pm #52
(05 Apr 2013, 5:32 pm)cbma06 Did 4606-9 had any reliability issues when there used to be on the 27's?, Yesterday there was one broken down and in the past hour another one has broken down, maybe GNE should of used more upto date buses on the X7 service.

I'm informed by one of my colleagues there was one parked up in Peterlee yesterday afternoon with a noticeable dent in the side Smile Seem to be pretty reliable though in that I've not seen anything else in Middlesbrough yet. Managed to pinch passengers in Peterlee for Wingate and Station Town while on 21A today!
tyresmoke
05 Apr 2013, 8:34 pm #52

(05 Apr 2013, 5:32 pm)cbma06 Did 4606-9 had any reliability issues when there used to be on the 27's?, Yesterday there was one broken down and in the past hour another one has broken down, maybe GNE should of used more upto date buses on the X7 service.

I'm informed by one of my colleagues there was one parked up in Peterlee yesterday afternoon with a noticeable dent in the side Smile Seem to be pretty reliable though in that I've not seen anything else in Middlesbrough yet. Managed to pinch passengers in Peterlee for Wingate and Station Town while on 21A today!

Adrian

05 Apr 2013, 8:37 pm #53
Silver Arrows 5325 on the X3 today at Heworth, heading towards Newcastle. Albeit broken down. Undecided

Adrian
05 Apr 2013, 8:37 pm #53

Silver Arrows 5325 on the X3 today at Heworth, heading towards Newcastle. Albeit broken down. Undecided

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Apr 2013, 8:56 pm #54
(05 Apr 2013, 8:34 pm)tyresmoke

A wrong turn was taken in Middlesbrough, I hear from my mum who was on the service at the time. She was the only passenger and had to reverse, so my mum had to guide her.
I won't give direct quotes because they're offensive to a particular ethnic group, but the driver wasn't too keen on some people who were 'gorping', 'awaiting a crash'.
Dan
05 Apr 2013, 8:56 pm #54

A wrong turn was taken in Middlesbrough, I hear from my mum who was on the service at the time. She was the only passenger and had to reverse, so my mum had to guide her.
I won't give direct quotes because they're offensive to a particular ethnic group, but the driver wasn't too keen on some people who were 'gorping', 'awaiting a crash'.

Adrian

05 Apr 2013, 9:17 pm #55
(05 Apr 2013, 8:56 pm)Daniel

Surely GNE are starting to find it embarrassing the amount of problems this service has had in it's short life. It seems that every time I glance over their Facebook page there's been a breakdown.

The X25 is having similar issues. The Tridents seem to be clapping out (when they're not hitting bridges that is!) and just struggling in general. I used it for the first time in a while on Wednesday, and it kept packing out all the way from Gateshead to Wrekenton. The driver had to keep shutting it down and firing it back up. It continued past Wrekenton as a change-over couldn't be done, but clapped out completely at Eighton Banks. Ended up waiting 45 mins for a replacement though, as the one due after had broken down as well.

Adrian
05 Apr 2013, 9:17 pm #55

(05 Apr 2013, 8:56 pm)Daniel

Surely GNE are starting to find it embarrassing the amount of problems this service has had in it's short life. It seems that every time I glance over their Facebook page there's been a breakdown.

The X25 is having similar issues. The Tridents seem to be clapping out (when they're not hitting bridges that is!) and just struggling in general. I used it for the first time in a while on Wednesday, and it kept packing out all the way from Gateshead to Wrekenton. The driver had to keep shutting it down and firing it back up. It continued past Wrekenton as a change-over couldn't be done, but clapped out completely at Eighton Banks. Ended up waiting 45 mins for a replacement though, as the one due after had broken down as well.

Kuyoyo

06 Apr 2013, 11:08 am #56
East Durham MPD 510 is currently in Middlesbrough on the 1210 X7.
Kuyoyo
06 Apr 2013, 11:08 am #56

East Durham MPD 510 is currently in Middlesbrough on the 1210 X7.

cbma06

06 Apr 2013, 11:21 am #57
suggestion on service 56 X3 etc... in Sunderland, Since Sunderland Council have taken the traffic islands away from bottom of Fawcett Street and traffic coming down Burdon Road can gain access straight onto Fawcett Steet, Since service 56 to Sunderland goes via Empire area would it not be best to terminate service 56 on the otherside of Interchange where the service 60/61 starts from and when the bus leaves the Interchange it could go via Stockton Road and Burdon Road straight onto Fawcett Street, missing out the congestion run between Interchange and Fawcett Street via Holmside where theres alot of congestion of buses and traffic lights and it should improve the reliability of the service leaving city centre area.

Any thoughts?.

cbma06
06 Apr 2013, 11:21 am #57

suggestion on service 56 X3 etc... in Sunderland, Since Sunderland Council have taken the traffic islands away from bottom of Fawcett Street and traffic coming down Burdon Road can gain access straight onto Fawcett Steet, Since service 56 to Sunderland goes via Empire area would it not be best to terminate service 56 on the otherside of Interchange where the service 60/61 starts from and when the bus leaves the Interchange it could go via Stockton Road and Burdon Road straight onto Fawcett Street, missing out the congestion run between Interchange and Fawcett Street via Holmside where theres alot of congestion of buses and traffic lights and it should improve the reliability of the service leaving city centre area.

Any thoughts?.

Michael

06 Apr 2013, 11:32 am #58
(06 Apr 2013, 11:21 am)cbma06 suggestion on service 56 X3 etc... in Sunderland, Since Sunderland Council have taken the traffic islands away from bottom of Fawcett Street and traffic coming down Burdon Road can gain access straight onto Fawcett Steet, Since service 56 to Sunderland goes via Empire area would it not be best to terminate service 56 on the otherside of Interchange where the service 60/61 starts from and when the bus leaves the Interchange it could go via Stockton Road and Burdon Road straight onto Fawcett Street, missing out the congestion run between Interchange and Fawcett Street via Holmside where theres alot of congestion of buses and traffic lights and it should improve the reliability of the service leaving city centre area.

Any thoughts?.

Good idea, Homeside does get conjested and atm the temp traffic lights isnt helping at all, i waited ages thier yesterday, sometimes there's quite a few people who get on the 56 at Homeside, it does seem a better idea, GNE might work around the new road layout, when its fully done... when dioes it get completed?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Apr 2013, 11:32 am #58

(06 Apr 2013, 11:21 am)cbma06 suggestion on service 56 X3 etc... in Sunderland, Since Sunderland Council have taken the traffic islands away from bottom of Fawcett Street and traffic coming down Burdon Road can gain access straight onto Fawcett Steet, Since service 56 to Sunderland goes via Empire area would it not be best to terminate service 56 on the otherside of Interchange where the service 60/61 starts from and when the bus leaves the Interchange it could go via Stockton Road and Burdon Road straight onto Fawcett Street, missing out the congestion run between Interchange and Fawcett Street via Holmside where theres alot of congestion of buses and traffic lights and it should improve the reliability of the service leaving city centre area.

Any thoughts?.

Good idea, Homeside does get conjested and atm the temp traffic lights isnt helping at all, i waited ages thier yesterday, sometimes there's quite a few people who get on the 56 at Homeside, it does seem a better idea, GNE might work around the new road layout, when its fully done... when dioes it get completed?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

06 Apr 2013, 11:37 am #59
(06 Apr 2013, 11:32 am)Michael

Any thoughts?.

Does the 56 stop on Holmside?, thought after Interchange the next stop was Fawcett Street.

cbma06
06 Apr 2013, 11:37 am #59

(06 Apr 2013, 11:32 am)Michael

Any thoughts?.

Does the 56 stop on Holmside?, thought after Interchange the next stop was Fawcett Street.

Michael

06 Apr 2013, 11:41 am #60
[/quote]

Im sure it does, think it stops at the same stop as 26/36 etc.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Apr 2013, 11:41 am #60

[/quote]

Im sure it does, think it stops at the same stop as 26/36 etc.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (22) Previous 1 2 3 422 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average