Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2018

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (9) Previous 13 4 59 Next
Michael

12 Aug 2018, 4:26 pm #61
8 days until Martijn Gilbert takes over at Go North East

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Aug 2018, 4:26 pm #61

8 days until Martijn Gilbert takes over at Go North East

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jamie M

Unregistered

13 Aug 2018, 10:35 am #62
Liking the Market Street / Eldon Square thing. Can see it being useful to those bording at Gateshead Interchange / Hills Street

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
13 Aug 2018, 10:35 am #62

Liking the Market Street / Eldon Square thing. Can see it being useful to those bording at Gateshead Interchange / Hills Street

Andreos1

13 Aug 2018, 11:38 am #63
(13 Aug 2018, 10:35 am)Jamie M Liking the Market Street / Eldon Square thing. Can see it being useful to those bording at Gateshead Interchange / Hills Street

Not much cop for those boarding for the previous 99% of the route though.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Aug 2018, 11:38 am #63

(13 Aug 2018, 10:35 am)Jamie M Liking the Market Street / Eldon Square thing. Can see it being useful to those bording at Gateshead Interchange / Hills Street

Not much cop for those boarding for the previous 99% of the route though.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Jamie M

Unregistered

13 Aug 2018, 11:41 am #64
(13 Aug 2018, 11:38 am)Andreos1 Not much cop for those boarding for the previous 99% of the route though.
Don't think it's especially helpful. Market Streets are everywhere. Maybe can get away with 'Eldon Square' but that's about it.

Jamie M
13 Aug 2018, 11:41 am #64

(13 Aug 2018, 11:38 am)Andreos1 Not much cop for those boarding for the previous 99% of the route though.
Don't think it's especially helpful. Market Streets are everywhere. Maybe can get away with 'Eldon Square' but that's about it.

13 Aug 2018, 7:25 pm #65
[Image: 30148710588_6014ec64e0_c.jpg]Go North East Quaylink 5387 / NL63 YAV by kieron mathews, on Flickr

anyone know what has happened with 5387, photographed it at Saltmeadows today with missing branding and a broken destination screen?
Edited 13 Aug 2018, 7:26 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
13 Aug 2018, 7:25 pm #65

[Image: 30148710588_6014ec64e0_c.jpg]Go North East Quaylink 5387 / NL63 YAV by kieron mathews, on Flickr

anyone know what has happened with 5387, photographed it at Saltmeadows today with missing branding and a broken destination screen?

pbjd

13 Aug 2018, 7:36 pm #66
(13 Aug 2018, 7:25 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 30148710588_6014ec64e0_c.jpg]Go North East Quaylink 5387 / NL63 YAV by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Was involved in an rtc last month.
pbjd
13 Aug 2018, 7:36 pm #66

(13 Aug 2018, 7:25 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 30148710588_6014ec64e0_c.jpg]Go North East Quaylink 5387 / NL63 YAV by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Was involved in an rtc last month.

ne14ne1

14 Aug 2018, 6:15 pm #67
Noticed a Crusader with the new 'Market Street' destination this morning heading towards Newcastle, however this evening I saw a Crusader travelling over the High Level (Gateshead bound obviously) & it still had 'Market Street' on.
I wondered if it should have updated itself ready for the return leg or had the driver forgot to change it?

Also noticed a Citaro on the 97 and it had the large final stop only destination on it, (well, 'Newcastle'), so hopefully we'll see the new style appear on the Solars soon.
Edited 14 Aug 2018, 6:17 pm by ne14ne1.
ne14ne1
14 Aug 2018, 6:15 pm #67

Noticed a Crusader with the new 'Market Street' destination this morning heading towards Newcastle, however this evening I saw a Crusader travelling over the High Level (Gateshead bound obviously) & it still had 'Market Street' on.
I wondered if it should have updated itself ready for the return leg or had the driver forgot to change it?

Also noticed a Citaro on the 97 and it had the large final stop only destination on it, (well, 'Newcastle'), so hopefully we'll see the new style appear on the Solars soon.

ne14ne1

15 Aug 2018, 4:28 pm #68
..And today I saw the Angels with 'Eldon Square' displayed.
Onboard do the NSAs change from Gateshead Interchange to say "This is the Angel 21 service to Eldon Square" too, or do they still say Newcastle?
Edited 15 Aug 2018, 4:30 pm by ne14ne1.
ne14ne1
15 Aug 2018, 4:28 pm #68

..And today I saw the Angels with 'Eldon Square' displayed.
Onboard do the NSAs change from Gateshead Interchange to say "This is the Angel 21 service to Eldon Square" too, or do they still say Newcastle?

Jamie M

Unregistered

15 Aug 2018, 7:30 pm #69
I like how the streetlites nsa now refers to 6A with the new program. Seems like somebody's been hard at work..

Jamie M
15 Aug 2018, 7:30 pm #69

I like how the streetlites nsa now refers to 6A with the new program. Seems like somebody's been hard at work..

16 Aug 2018, 8:17 pm #70
Optare Solo SR YA13AAE was parked in Saltmeadows Depot this afternoon. Ex Courtney.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
16 Aug 2018, 8:17 pm #70

Optare Solo SR YA13AAE was parked in Saltmeadows Depot this afternoon. Ex Courtney.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Michael

16 Aug 2018, 8:29 pm #71
(16 Aug 2018, 8:17 pm)Rapidsnap Optare Solo SR YA13AAE was parked in Saltmeadows Depot this afternoon. Ex Courtney.

That one is 725 by our fleet list.
Edited 16 Aug 2018, 8:32 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Aug 2018, 8:29 pm #71

(16 Aug 2018, 8:17 pm)Rapidsnap Optare Solo SR YA13AAE was parked in Saltmeadows Depot this afternoon. Ex Courtney.

That one is 725 by our fleet list.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Aug 2018, 6:26 am #72
(14 Aug 2018, 6:15 pm)ne14ne1 Noticed a Crusader with the new 'Market Street' destination this morning heading towards Newcastle, however this evening I saw a Crusader travelling over the High Level (Gateshead bound obviously) & it still had 'Market Street' on.

There was a glitch within the first few hours of it being rolled out on the 26/27 that if the driver tried to change the destination any earlier than the Market Street West stop, it would change the display back to 'Market Street'. This has since been corrected though, so any you saw at this point would have been drivers forgetting to change their destination.

At this stage it's impossible to set the destination for the return journey towards South Shields, as there's so many possibilities an inbound 26 or 27 can then go out as... A 26 to South Shields via Morrisons, omitting Morrisons, a short-terminating 26 to Jarrow or Gateshead, etc... So that responsibility currently remains with the driver. I believe Hanover and Ticketer are in discussions for their hardware to be linked so that a driver can input a trip number on his/her ticket machine which can automatically control the destination, but this has been an idea discussed for years so probably still a long way off yet.

Every service such have the large destination font from September, all being well, as every bus should be updated in line with the schools going back.

(15 Aug 2018, 4:28 pm)ne14ne1 ..And today I saw the Angels with 'Eldon Square' displayed.

A rather quick trial given it worked with few issues on the 26/27, so yes, promptly rolled out to everything else afterwards!

The Red Kites will start to receive new destination controllers from this Sunday, so these will also follow suit shortly with an 'Eldon Square' destination on approach to Newcastle too.

No, the announcements still say Newcastle at the moment. Bit more work involved to have the announcement changed too as it'd have to be set up differently and those announcements would have to be recorded... but it's on the list to do at some point!

(15 Aug 2018, 7:30 pm)Jamie M I like how the streetlites nsa now refers to 6A with the new program. Seems like somebody's been hard at work..

Haha, yes. They've been doing that for a few weeks now, so you're slacking if you've only just noticed!  Rolleyes

Most of the services regularly operated by buses with Next Stop Announcements (with LED screen) are now in the program. A bit of a stop-gap just until the announcements are actually programmed. The likes of the 28, 34, X22 at Chester-le-Street, and the 6, X30/X31, X70/X71 etc at Stanley.
Dan
17 Aug 2018, 6:26 am #72

(14 Aug 2018, 6:15 pm)ne14ne1 Noticed a Crusader with the new 'Market Street' destination this morning heading towards Newcastle, however this evening I saw a Crusader travelling over the High Level (Gateshead bound obviously) & it still had 'Market Street' on.

There was a glitch within the first few hours of it being rolled out on the 26/27 that if the driver tried to change the destination any earlier than the Market Street West stop, it would change the display back to 'Market Street'. This has since been corrected though, so any you saw at this point would have been drivers forgetting to change their destination.

At this stage it's impossible to set the destination for the return journey towards South Shields, as there's so many possibilities an inbound 26 or 27 can then go out as... A 26 to South Shields via Morrisons, omitting Morrisons, a short-terminating 26 to Jarrow or Gateshead, etc... So that responsibility currently remains with the driver. I believe Hanover and Ticketer are in discussions for their hardware to be linked so that a driver can input a trip number on his/her ticket machine which can automatically control the destination, but this has been an idea discussed for years so probably still a long way off yet.

Every service such have the large destination font from September, all being well, as every bus should be updated in line with the schools going back.

(15 Aug 2018, 4:28 pm)ne14ne1 ..And today I saw the Angels with 'Eldon Square' displayed.

A rather quick trial given it worked with few issues on the 26/27, so yes, promptly rolled out to everything else afterwards!

The Red Kites will start to receive new destination controllers from this Sunday, so these will also follow suit shortly with an 'Eldon Square' destination on approach to Newcastle too.

No, the announcements still say Newcastle at the moment. Bit more work involved to have the announcement changed too as it'd have to be set up differently and those announcements would have to be recorded... but it's on the list to do at some point!

(15 Aug 2018, 7:30 pm)Jamie M I like how the streetlites nsa now refers to 6A with the new program. Seems like somebody's been hard at work..

Haha, yes. They've been doing that for a few weeks now, so you're slacking if you've only just noticed!  Rolleyes

Most of the services regularly operated by buses with Next Stop Announcements (with LED screen) are now in the program. A bit of a stop-gap just until the announcements are actually programmed. The likes of the 28, 34, X22 at Chester-le-Street, and the 6, X30/X31, X70/X71 etc at Stanley.

Jamie M

Unregistered

17 Aug 2018, 8:42 am #73
(17 Aug 2018, 6:26 am)Dan There was a glitch within the first few hours of it being rolled out on the 26/27 that if the driver tried to change the destination any earlier than the Market Street West stop, it would change the display back to 'Market Street'. This has since been corrected though, so any you saw at this point would have been drivers forgetting to change their destination.

To be fair on my part, they were just on red kites for the past few weeks

Jamie M
17 Aug 2018, 8:42 am #73

(17 Aug 2018, 6:26 am)Dan There was a glitch within the first few hours of it being rolled out on the 26/27 that if the driver tried to change the destination any earlier than the Market Street West stop, it would change the display back to 'Market Street'. This has since been corrected though, so any you saw at this point would have been drivers forgetting to change their destination.

To be fair on my part, they were just on red kites for the past few weeks

Michael

17 Aug 2018, 11:23 am #74
Which depot will 725 be allocated too?

The official Go North Fleet allocation indicates the last Waggonway Scania (4958) has been withdrawn.
Edited 17 Aug 2018, 11:39 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Aug 2018, 11:23 am #74

Which depot will 725 be allocated too?

The official Go North Fleet allocation indicates the last Waggonway Scania (4958) has been withdrawn.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

G-CPTN

17 Aug 2018, 9:58 pm #75
Hexham Bus Station has a large paper chart in a cabinet at the east end with 'all' destinations with details of which services serve those destinations and the stands that they leave from.

There are some 'howlers' - such as 74 to Bellingham, 687 to Corbridge and 682 to Beaumont Park . . .

On the subject of timetables on bus stops (I know they aren't the responsibility of the bus operators but the County Council), the bus stop opposite the Angel Inn in Corbridge claims it is served by the TEN, but not the X84.
It's possible that the times are X84 times but the heading says TEN (or 10 to be precise).
Edited 17 Aug 2018, 10:04 pm by G-CPTN.
G-CPTN
17 Aug 2018, 9:58 pm #75

Hexham Bus Station has a large paper chart in a cabinet at the east end with 'all' destinations with details of which services serve those destinations and the stands that they leave from.

There are some 'howlers' - such as 74 to Bellingham, 687 to Corbridge and 682 to Beaumont Park . . .

On the subject of timetables on bus stops (I know they aren't the responsibility of the bus operators but the County Council), the bus stop opposite the Angel Inn in Corbridge claims it is served by the TEN, but not the X84.
It's possible that the times are X84 times but the heading says TEN (or 10 to be precise).

Jamie M

Unregistered

19 Aug 2018, 11:25 am #77
Seems like somebody has been busy with displays at Stanley today.

Red Kites all upgraded.

Going to get a reply saying this was actually done 3 weeks ago, I guarantee
Jamie M
19 Aug 2018, 11:25 am #77

Seems like somebody has been busy with displays at Stanley today.

Red Kites all upgraded.

Jamie M

Unregistered

19 Aug 2018, 12:21 pm #78
(19 Aug 2018, 11:25 am)Jamie M Seems like somebody has been busy with displays at Stanley today.

Red Kites all upgraded.

[Image: 29192620197_825c0312e4_o.jpg]NK15EOG / 5416 - Wright Streetlite by Jamie MP, on Flickr

Jamie M
19 Aug 2018, 12:21 pm #78

(19 Aug 2018, 11:25 am)Jamie M Seems like somebody has been busy with displays at Stanley today.

Red Kites all upgraded.

[Image: 29192620197_825c0312e4_o.jpg]NK15EOG / 5416 - Wright Streetlite by Jamie MP, on Flickr

S813 FVK

19 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm #79

Red Kites all upgraded.

Admittedly a couple did appear to have been updated a few weeks ago (5414 being one I believe), but all, including the aforementioned ones, will have been updated again today with the new controllers being fitted. 

What is the basic criteria that needs to be met in order to have the new controllers fitted? I'd probably guess WiFi given the connection that is needed but apart from that, I wouldn't be able to make any logical assumptions.
S813 FVK
19 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm #79

Red Kites all upgraded.

Admittedly a couple did appear to have been updated a few weeks ago (5414 being one I believe), but all, including the aforementioned ones, will have been updated again today with the new controllers being fitted. 

What is the basic criteria that needs to be met in order to have the new controllers fitted? I'd probably guess WiFi given the connection that is needed but apart from that, I wouldn't be able to make any logical assumptions.

Jamie M

Unregistered

19 Aug 2018, 12:47 pm #80
(19 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm)S813 FVK Admittedly a couple did appear to have been updated a few weeks ago (5414 being one I believe), but all, including the aforementioned ones, will have been updated again today with the new controllers being fitted. 

5414 had some mirror testing or something along the lines a few weeks ago so sounds like it was done then.

Jamie M
19 Aug 2018, 12:47 pm #80

(19 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm)S813 FVK Admittedly a couple did appear to have been updated a few weeks ago (5414 being one I believe), but all, including the aforementioned ones, will have been updated again today with the new controllers being fitted. 

5414 had some mirror testing or something along the lines a few weeks ago so sounds like it was done then.

Pages (9) Previous 13 4 59 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average