Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East North Tyneside service changes - March 2020

North Tyneside service changes - March 2020

North Tyneside service changes - March 2020

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (7) Previous 14 5 6 7 Next
V514DFT

28 Feb 2020, 11:09 pm #81
Dont know if its been noted,but theres a consultation running from 24th February- 6th April about the upcoming North Tyneside service changes, surely you'd think they would of done the consultation before the changes were registered?

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
28 Feb 2020, 11:09 pm #81

Dont know if its been noted,but theres a consultation running from 24th February- 6th April about the upcoming North Tyneside service changes, surely you'd think they would of done the consultation before the changes were registered?

Kind Regards
Tez

Michael

28 Feb 2020, 11:42 pm #82
(28 Feb 2020, 11:09 pm)V514DFT Dont know if its been noted,but theres a consultation running from 24th February- 6th April about the upcoming North Tyneside service changes, surely you'd think they would of done the consultation before the changes were registered?

Just for those trying to find it, its on the NEXUS site not the GNE site.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/consultation/it...2a-and-335

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Feb 2020, 11:42 pm #82

(28 Feb 2020, 11:09 pm)V514DFT Dont know if its been noted,but theres a consultation running from 24th February- 6th April about the upcoming North Tyneside service changes, surely you'd think they would of done the consultation before the changes were registered?

Just for those trying to find it, its on the NEXUS site not the GNE site.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

29 Feb 2020, 12:47 am #83
The 22 was extended from Wallsend to Cobalt thanks to funding from Cobalt Business Park, same goes for the 1 extension from Coach Lane to Cobalt, and the 10/11 from Jarrow to Cobalt.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
29 Feb 2020, 12:47 am #83

The 22 was extended from Wallsend to Cobalt thanks to funding from Cobalt Business Park, same goes for the 1 extension from Coach Lane to Cobalt, and the 10/11 from Jarrow to Cobalt.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Mar 2020, 4:27 pm #84
(28 Feb 2020, 11:42 pm)Michael Just for those trying to find it, its on the NEXUS site not the GNE site.

These changes have now formally been announced by Go North East:
http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/s...rch-395926

Note no confirmation on service 19 just yet.
Dan
03 Mar 2020, 4:27 pm #84

(28 Feb 2020, 11:42 pm)Michael Just for those trying to find it, its on the NEXUS site not the GNE site.

These changes have now formally been announced by Go North East:

V514DFT

03 Mar 2020, 4:54 pm #85
Absolutely laughable

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
03 Mar 2020, 4:54 pm #85

Absolutely laughable

Kind Regards
Tez

03 Mar 2020, 5:25 pm #86
(03 Mar 2020, 4:27 pm)Dan These changes have now formally been announced by Go North East:

Service 19 is subject to change – we're working in partnership with Cobalt and Northumberland County Council to confirm final details, with full information to be announced on Monday 9 March.

What on earth does that even mean. Why even mention it if the details aren't finalised

Also, it says "Evening and Sunday journeys will no longer be operated by Go North East, following a change in contract by Nexus, however pre-purchased Go North East tickets will be valid on Nexus buses at these times." Does that include using tickets purchased on The Key or only paper tickets?
streetdeckfan
03 Mar 2020, 5:25 pm #86

(03 Mar 2020, 4:27 pm)Dan These changes have now formally been announced by Go North East:

Service 19 is subject to change – we're working in partnership with Cobalt and Northumberland County Council to confirm final details, with full information to be announced on Monday 9 March.

What on earth does that even mean. Why even mention it if the details aren't finalised

Also, it says "Evening and Sunday journeys will no longer be operated by Go North East, following a change in contract by Nexus, however pre-purchased Go North East tickets will be valid on Nexus buses at these times." Does that include using tickets purchased on The Key or only paper tickets?

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Mar 2020, 5:32 pm #87
(03 Mar 2020, 5:25 pm)streetdeckfan What on earth does that even mean. Why even mention it if the details aren't finalised

Because some details are already online elsewhere, which are now subject to change following further discussions with Cobalt & Northumberland City Council.

All tickets are valid.
Dan
03 Mar 2020, 5:32 pm #87

(03 Mar 2020, 5:25 pm)streetdeckfan What on earth does that even mean. Why even mention it if the details aren't finalised

Because some details are already online elsewhere, which are now subject to change following further discussions with Cobalt & Northumberland City Council.

All tickets are valid.

03 Mar 2020, 5:35 pm #88
(03 Mar 2020, 5:32 pm)Dan Because some details are already online elsewhere, which are now subject to change following further discussions with Cobalt & Northumberland City Council.

All tickets are valid.
Makes sense I suppose.

So I'll just be able to tap my key card on their reader and it should pick up my ticket?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
03 Mar 2020, 5:35 pm #88

(03 Mar 2020, 5:32 pm)Dan Because some details are already online elsewhere, which are now subject to change following further discussions with Cobalt & Northumberland City Council.

All tickets are valid.
Makes sense I suppose.

So I'll just be able to tap my key card on their reader and it should pick up my ticket?

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Mar 2020, 5:43 pm #89
(03 Mar 2020, 5:35 pm)streetdeckfan Makes sense I suppose.

Doubtful that their ticket machine would read it - probably just a flash pass, and the driver manually logs its use.
Dan
03 Mar 2020, 5:43 pm #89

(03 Mar 2020, 5:35 pm)streetdeckfan Makes sense I suppose.

Doubtful that their ticket machine would read it - probably just a flash pass, and the driver manually logs its use.

03 Mar 2020, 8:19 pm #90
(03 Mar 2020, 5:43 pm)Dan Doubtful that their ticket machine would read it - probably just a flash pass, and the driver manually logs its use.
So is it a case of GCT just telling GNE how many passengers used a GNE ticket, then GNE paying GCT a certain amount per ticket, similar to the ENCTS? Or is GCT not receiving anything from GNE for those passengers?

Because if it's the former I guess they'd have no problem taking my word that I have a valid ticket on my Key, or if it's the latter I'd guess they'd be reluctant

streetdeckfan
03 Mar 2020, 8:19 pm #90

(03 Mar 2020, 5:43 pm)Dan Doubtful that their ticket machine would read it - probably just a flash pass, and the driver manually logs its use.
So is it a case of GCT just telling GNE how many passengers used a GNE ticket, then GNE paying GCT a certain amount per ticket, similar to the ENCTS? Or is GCT not receiving anything from GNE for those passengers?

Because if it's the former I guess they'd have no problem taking my word that I have a valid ticket on my Key, or if it's the latter I'd guess they'd be reluctant

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Mar 2020, 8:57 pm #91
(03 Mar 2020, 8:19 pm)streetdeckfan So is it a case of GCT just telling GNE how many passengers used a GNE ticket, then GNE paying GCT a certain amount per ticket, similar to the ENCTS? Or is GCT not receiving anything from GNE for those passengers?

I don’t think you’ll ever be privy to the details of the ticket acceptance agreement between the operators and Nexus, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
03 Mar 2020, 8:57 pm #91

(03 Mar 2020, 8:19 pm)streetdeckfan So is it a case of GCT just telling GNE how many passengers used a GNE ticket, then GNE paying GCT a certain amount per ticket, similar to the ENCTS? Or is GCT not receiving anything from GNE for those passengers?

I don’t think you’ll ever be privy to the details of the ticket acceptance agreement between the operators and Nexus, sorry.

peter

09 Mar 2020, 11:12 am #92

Details of the 19 have now been confirmed:
  • There will be some changes to peak time journeys.

• There will be additional weekday evening journeys to Cramlington.

• Evening and Sunday journeys will no longer be operated by Go North East, following a change in contract by Nexus, however pre-purchased Go North East tickets will be valid on Nexus buses at these times.

• View new timetable
peter
09 Mar 2020, 11:12 am #92

Details of the 19 have now been confirmed:
  • There will be some changes to peak time journeys.

• There will be additional weekday evening journeys to Cramlington.

• Evening and Sunday journeys will no longer be operated by Go North East, following a change in contract by Nexus, however pre-purchased Go North East tickets will be valid on Nexus buses at these times.

• View new timetable

Michael

10 Mar 2020, 2:22 pm #93
AD122 has appeared on VOSA:

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/545103/

-------------

Metro replacement: St James Metro to Lonbenton Metro Via North Shields, Monkseaton

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/544685/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Mar 2020, 2:22 pm #93

AD122 has appeared on VOSA:

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/545103/

-------------

Metro replacement: St James Metro to Lonbenton Metro Via North Shields, Monkseaton

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/544685/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

L469 YVK

10 Mar 2020, 9:53 pm #94
What has warranted the later 19 journeys to Cramlington? I thought GNE tried these back in 2014 / 15 unless there is data showing demand?
L469 YVK
10 Mar 2020, 9:53 pm #94

What has warranted the later 19 journeys to Cramlington? I thought GNE tried these back in 2014 / 15 unless there is data showing demand?

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Mar 2020, 6:11 am #95
(10 Mar 2020, 9:53 pm)L469 YVK What has warranted the later 19 journeys to Cramlington? I thought GNE tried these back in 2014 / 15 unless there is data showing demand?

A partnership between Go North East, Cobalt and Northumberland County Council. It’s a good thing!

Dan
11 Mar 2020, 6:11 am #95

(10 Mar 2020, 9:53 pm)L469 YVK What has warranted the later 19 journeys to Cramlington? I thought GNE tried these back in 2014 / 15 unless there is data showing demand?

A partnership between Go North East, Cobalt and Northumberland County Council. It’s a good thing!

L469 YVK

11 Mar 2020, 8:13 pm #96
(11 Mar 2020, 6:11 am)Dan A partnership between Go North East, Cobalt and Northumberland County Council. It’s a good thing!

Absolutely, it's a very good thing indeed! 

Will Cobalt & Coast B9s be used like the last time or will it just be Solos?
L469 YVK
11 Mar 2020, 8:13 pm #96

(11 Mar 2020, 6:11 am)Dan A partnership between Go North East, Cobalt and Northumberland County Council. It’s a good thing!

Absolutely, it's a very good thing indeed! 

Will Cobalt & Coast B9s be used like the last time or will it just be Solos?

12 Mar 2020, 2:17 am #97
I'm not usually one to be cynical, but this whole situation with the 19 just seems so fishy to me.

Obviously I don't know any of the finances involved or what goes on behind the scenes, but the way it all played out makes it seem to me like the reason it was withdrawn completely was to cause a bit of drama with the hopes of getting the same, if not more funding back to keep it running.
streetdeckfan
12 Mar 2020, 2:17 am #97

I'm not usually one to be cynical, but this whole situation with the 19 just seems so fishy to me.

Obviously I don't know any of the finances involved or what goes on behind the scenes, but the way it all played out makes it seem to me like the reason it was withdrawn completely was to cause a bit of drama with the hopes of getting the same, if not more funding back to keep it running.

Storx

12 Mar 2020, 9:24 am #98
(12 Mar 2020, 2:17 am)streetdeckfan I'm not usually one to be cynical, but this whole situation with the 19 just seems so fishy to me.

Seriously... More likely there was a lot of people moaning from Cobalt to both Cobalt and NCC who have realised that they need to do something. Fair play for GNE actually being active in trying to keep it running some companies wouldn't (and that isn't a dig at Arriva for those who hate them as they were active at keeping the 57 at nights).

Surprised at NCC subsidising something that runs 5 minutes in front of the 57 through Seaton Delaval and then 12 minutes through High Pit mind though seems a bit stupid of them especially when they couldn't afford to subsidise it at all until the local council and Arriva got onto them. Hope it doesn't end up like last time where they end up scrapping both at the same time.

Wonder if over time the 19 will be replace the 58 can't see them subsidising 2 bus routes between the hospital and Cramlington and the 58 is dead constantly anyway.
Storx
12 Mar 2020, 9:24 am #98

(12 Mar 2020, 2:17 am)streetdeckfan I'm not usually one to be cynical, but this whole situation with the 19 just seems so fishy to me.

Seriously... More likely there was a lot of people moaning from Cobalt to both Cobalt and NCC who have realised that they need to do something. Fair play for GNE actually being active in trying to keep it running some companies wouldn't (and that isn't a dig at Arriva for those who hate them as they were active at keeping the 57 at nights).

Surprised at NCC subsidising something that runs 5 minutes in front of the 57 through Seaton Delaval and then 12 minutes through High Pit mind though seems a bit stupid of them especially when they couldn't afford to subsidise it at all until the local council and Arriva got onto them. Hope it doesn't end up like last time where they end up scrapping both at the same time.

Wonder if over time the 19 will be replace the 58 can't see them subsidising 2 bus routes between the hospital and Cramlington and the 58 is dead constantly anyway.

busmanT

12 Mar 2020, 9:28 am #99

I expect the reason that it was withdrawn by Go North East was that the income from fares, passes etc. was significantly less than the cost of running from Northumberland Park to Ashington. 

Cobalt and the County Council must have taken the decision that the link was worthwhile saving and must have, as with other services, decided to make funding available to keep it going.

Nothing fishy at all, it happens all the time across the whole country - indeed, just recently, Nexus has decided to pay Stagecoach extra money to keep the 18 & 32/32A running
https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/have-...-and-3232a
busmanT
12 Mar 2020, 9:28 am #99

I expect the reason that it was withdrawn by Go North East was that the income from fares, passes etc. was significantly less than the cost of running from Northumberland Park to Ashington. 

Cobalt and the County Council must have taken the decision that the link was worthwhile saving and must have, as with other services, decided to make funding available to keep it going.

Nothing fishy at all, it happens all the time across the whole country - indeed, just recently, Nexus has decided to pay Stagecoach extra money to keep the 18 & 32/32A running
https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/have-...-and-3232a

V514DFT

12 Mar 2020, 10:43 am #100
If the secured a deal like that for the 19,why couldnt they of done that for the 42/42A

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
12 Mar 2020, 10:43 am #100

If the secured a deal like that for the 19,why couldnt they of done that for the 42/42A

Kind Regards
Tez

Pages (7) Previous 14 5 6 7 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average