Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East - Recent Repaints

Go North East - Recent Repaints

Go North East - Recent Repaints

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (64) Previous 1 2 3 464 Next
17 Jun 2020, 7:50 pm #41
(17 Jun 2020, 7:47 pm)Big O Maybe TyneWear Link? Sorry for the poor effort lol.

I had that exact same thought. There's not really much you can do though without it sounding as tacky as Fab 56!
streetdeckfan
17 Jun 2020, 7:50 pm #41

I had that exact same thought. There's not really much you can do though without it sounding as tacky as Fab 56!

Michael

17 Jun 2020, 8:00 pm #42

Sounds good, but i would have it like "Tyne & Wear Links".

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Jun 2020, 8:00 pm #42

Sounds good, but i would have it like "Tyne & Wear Links".

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

17 Jun 2020, 8:21 pm #43
OK, done a bit more research, I don't think it can be one of the 56 B9s. If we look at the headlights, the 56s have some of the lights blanked out, but the one in for repaint clearly has lights there. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9417][Image: attachment.php?aid=9418]

On further inspection, it seems that there seems be similar damage on both the 'mystery' bus and 6050 that I couldn't see on any other possible vehicles. At least from photographs on Flickr! Although that could just be the angle of the cameras!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9420][Image: attachment.php?aid=9419]

.png
Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 21.05.21.png
Size 115.91 KB / Downloads 455
.png
Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 21.05.06.png
Size 280.76 KB / Downloads 486
.png
Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 21.17.04.png
Size 172.21 KB / Downloads 467
.png
Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 21.16.08.png
Size 70.73 KB / Downloads 447
streetdeckfan
17 Jun 2020, 8:21 pm #43

OK, done a bit more research, I don't think it can be one of the 56 B9s. If we look at the headlights, the 56s have some of the lights blanked out, but the one in for repaint clearly has lights there. 

On further inspection, it seems that there seems be similar damage on both the 'mystery' bus and 6050 that I couldn't see on any other possible vehicles. At least from photographs on Flickr! Although that could just be the angle of the cameras!

.png
Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 21.05.21.png
Size 115.91 KB / Downloads 455
.png
Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 21.05.06.png
Size 280.76 KB / Downloads 486
.png
Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 21.17.04.png
Size 172.21 KB / Downloads 467
.png
Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 21.16.08.png
Size 70.73 KB / Downloads 447

Michael

17 Jun 2020, 8:27 pm #44
(17 Jun 2020, 8:21 pm)streetdeckfan OK, done a bit more research, I don't think it can be one of the 56 B9s. If we look at the headlights, the 56s have some of the lights blanked out, but the one in for repaint clearly has lights there. 

I'm not shocked that you've done reasearch on what bus it could be ??

Alex Davies had a good suggestion on Dan's twitter post

"Silver and green, interesting combination"

----
Also from Dan:

Just wait ‘til you see the cab door - teamwork makes the dream work!?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Jun 2020, 8:27 pm #44

(17 Jun 2020, 8:21 pm)streetdeckfan OK, done a bit more research, I don't think it can be one of the 56 B9s. If we look at the headlights, the 56s have some of the lights blanked out, but the one in for repaint clearly has lights there. 

I'm not shocked that you've done reasearch on what bus it could be ??

----
Also from Dan:

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

JP6004

17 Jun 2020, 8:30 pm #45
(17 Jun 2020, 8:27 pm)Michael I'm not shocked that you've done reasearch on what bus it could be ??

----
Also from Dan:

Could be one of the red arrows or the ex london B9s. Both have additional lights in the cluster. I'd say one of the ex london B9s since Streetdecks arriving before E400
JP6004
17 Jun 2020, 8:30 pm #45

(17 Jun 2020, 8:27 pm)Michael I'm not shocked that you've done reasearch on what bus it could be ??

----
Also from Dan:

Could be one of the red arrows or the ex london B9s. Both have additional lights in the cluster. I'd say one of the ex london B9s since Streetdecks arriving before E400

17 Jun 2020, 8:32 pm #46

----
Also from Dan:

I've far too much time on my hands these days!

Looks like the grey on the front is just the primer though judging by one of MG's comments.

Although that colour combination would be nice, I doubt it'd be the case as it's been confirmed that future liveries will follow the same design as the corporate one, and the colour change would be too close to the front of the vehicle.
streetdeckfan
17 Jun 2020, 8:32 pm #46

----
Also from Dan:

I've far too much time on my hands these days!

Looks like the grey on the front is just the primer though judging by one of MG's comments.

Although that colour combination would be nice, I doubt it'd be the case as it's been confirmed that future liveries will follow the same design as the corporate one, and the colour change would be too close to the front of the vehicle.

Michael

17 Jun 2020, 8:33 pm #47
(17 Jun 2020, 8:30 pm)JP6004 Could be one of the red arrows or the ex london B9s. Both have additional lights in the cluster. I'd say one of the ex london B9s since Streetdecks arriving before E400

Aye it could be, as they were meant to go on the Loop.

I think its either the 56 or X1.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Jun 2020, 8:33 pm #47

(17 Jun 2020, 8:30 pm)JP6004 Could be one of the red arrows or the ex london B9s. Both have additional lights in the cluster. I'd say one of the ex london B9s since Streetdecks arriving before E400

Aye it could be, as they were meant to go on the Loop.

I think its either the 56 or X1.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

17 Jun 2020, 8:37 pm #48

According to Bus Times, there aren't any that are off the road today, plus it looks like they have the emergency buttons behind a flap
streetdeckfan
17 Jun 2020, 8:37 pm #48

According to Bus Times, there aren't any that are off the road today, plus it looks like they have the emergency buttons behind a flap

Michael

17 Jun 2020, 8:46 pm #49
(17 Jun 2020, 8:32 pm)streetdeckfan I've far too much time on my hands these days!

If the grey is an undercoat, the light green must be the livery.

I'm still going for one of the B9's on the Red Arrow or Fab 56

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Jun 2020, 8:46 pm #49

(17 Jun 2020, 8:32 pm)streetdeckfan I've far too much time on my hands these days!

If the grey is an undercoat, the light green must be the livery.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

17 Jun 2020, 8:52 pm #50
(17 Jun 2020, 8:46 pm)Michael If the grey is an undercoat, the light green must be the livery.

Assuming Bus Times is correct, the only 2 vehicles it could be are 6050 or 6064. 56 B9s are ruled out unless they add in the extra light (which is possible, but doubtful).

I doubt it's 6064 as they'd still need to run it alongside the other Coasters so it makes sense to keep it as it is, plus it's still a fairly recent paintjob.

My money would be on 6050 as they're due to be replaced fairly soon.

The big question is what can they do with a base green livery on a route it might move to?
streetdeckfan
17 Jun 2020, 8:52 pm #50

(17 Jun 2020, 8:46 pm)Michael If the grey is an undercoat, the light green must be the livery.

Assuming Bus Times is correct, the only 2 vehicles it could be are 6050 or 6064. 56 B9s are ruled out unless they add in the extra light (which is possible, but doubtful).

I doubt it's 6064 as they'd still need to run it alongside the other Coasters so it makes sense to keep it as it is, plus it's still a fairly recent paintjob.

The big question is what can they do with a base green livery on a route it might move to?

Storx

17 Jun 2020, 8:59 pm #51
Bit off topic but seen mentions of the rebranding of the 56. Am I the only one who hates the brands, there's some where are really crap and ones which don't make sense currently.

Black Cats and Fab 56 just both look rubbish.
Cobalt and Coast, imagine getting a bus branded that which doesn't go to Cobalt or the Coast...?
Little Coaster, most irrelvant bus route for the 19 and 42 considering they're the only bus in most the places they serve that doesn't go to the coast - confusing...
Indigo exists in two different places (which defeats the point of a brand imo - some may disagree).

Back on topic, the ex London deckers have curved windows like Arriva so can't be one of them whereas it's clearly a square window - there's words for them but I've forgot them.
Storx
17 Jun 2020, 8:59 pm #51

Bit off topic but seen mentions of the rebranding of the 56. Am I the only one who hates the brands, there's some where are really crap and ones which don't make sense currently.

Cobalt and Coast, imagine getting a bus branded that which doesn't go to Cobalt or the Coast...?
Little Coaster, most irrelvant bus route for the 19 and 42 considering they're the only bus in most the places they serve that doesn't go to the coast - confusing...
Indigo exists in two different places (which defeats the point of a brand imo - some may disagree).

Back on topic, the ex London deckers have curved windows like Arriva so can't be one of them whereas it's clearly a square window - there's words for them but I've forgot them.

cainebj

17 Jun 2020, 9:00 pm #52
Throwing a random thought out there, if it is a Red Arrows B9 then could it be a new livery for 6 to match in with the green X-Lines for other services to Stanley? (And with the green Coast & Country Streetlites). On the thinking that it's only been publicly said that they'll transfer to a service in Newcastle.
cainebj
17 Jun 2020, 9:00 pm #52

Throwing a random thought out there, if it is a Red Arrows B9 then could it be a new livery for 6 to match in with the green X-Lines for other services to Stanley? (And with the green Coast & Country Streetlites). On the thinking that it's only been publicly said that they'll transfer to a service in Newcastle.

Michael

17 Jun 2020, 9:07 pm #53
(17 Jun 2020, 8:52 pm)streetdeckfan Assuming Bus Times is correct, the only 2 vehicles it could be are 6050 or 6064. 56 B9s are ruled out unless they add in the extra light (which is possible, but doubtful).

The Red Arrow buses have to go on a Newcastle service due to the eco zone, as they got the eurp 6 upgrade, so it'll be a Newcastle based service.

Other buses are going for a refurb soon, Martjin confirmed that in one of his live video's, although he didn't say what,althought it was said a while back, it was some of the Versa's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Jun 2020, 9:07 pm #53

(17 Jun 2020, 8:52 pm)streetdeckfan Assuming Bus Times is correct, the only 2 vehicles it could be are 6050 or 6064. 56 B9s are ruled out unless they add in the extra light (which is possible, but doubtful).

The Red Arrow buses have to go on a Newcastle service due to the eco zone, as they got the eurp 6 upgrade, so it'll be a Newcastle based service.

Other buses are going for a refurb soon, Martjin confirmed that in one of his live video's, although he didn't say what,althought it was said a while back, it was some of the Versa's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

17 Jun 2020, 9:11 pm #54
(17 Jun 2020, 8:59 pm)Storx Bit off topic but seen mentions of the rebranding of the 56. Am I the only one who hates the brands, there's some where are really crap and ones which don't make sense currently.

I agree with you there about some of the routes being crap. I've always hated the Red Kite brand so I'm glad that's going away (It's those eyes!)
I genuinely like the Little Coasters branding, it looks pretty good on the solos. It'd be nice if it saw more use.

GNE's use bonded windows whereas the ex london ones are gasket windows (I think that's the correct terminology)

(17 Jun 2020, 9:00 pm)cainebj Throwing a random thought out there, if it is a Red Arrows B9 then could it be a new livery for 6 to match in with the green X-Lines for other services to Stanley? (And with the green Coast & Country Streetlites). On the thinking that it's only been publicly said that they'll transfer to a service in Newcastle.

That would work... although does the 6 really need an upgrade to deckers, other than peak times?
streetdeckfan
17 Jun 2020, 9:11 pm #54

(17 Jun 2020, 8:59 pm)Storx Bit off topic but seen mentions of the rebranding of the 56. Am I the only one who hates the brands, there's some where are really crap and ones which don't make sense currently.

I agree with you there about some of the routes being crap. I've always hated the Red Kite brand so I'm glad that's going away (It's those eyes!)
I genuinely like the Little Coasters branding, it looks pretty good on the solos. It'd be nice if it saw more use.

GNE's use bonded windows whereas the ex london ones are gasket windows (I think that's the correct terminology)

(17 Jun 2020, 9:00 pm)cainebj Throwing a random thought out there, if it is a Red Arrows B9 then could it be a new livery for 6 to match in with the green X-Lines for other services to Stanley? (And with the green Coast & Country Streetlites). On the thinking that it's only been publicly said that they'll transfer to a service in Newcastle.

That would work... although does the 6 really need an upgrade to deckers, other than peak times?

Big O

17 Jun 2020, 9:48 pm #55

The ex London Deckers have gasket glazing and the native GNE stock have bonded glazing Wink
Big O
17 Jun 2020, 9:48 pm #55

The ex London Deckers have gasket glazing and the native GNE stock have bonded glazing Wink

17 Jun 2020, 9:57 pm #56
(17 Jun 2020, 9:48 pm)Big O The ex London Deckers have gasket glazing and the native GNE stock have bonded glazing Wink

And their new ADL vehicles seem to use a bit of chewing gum in each corner going off how much they rattle and move about!
streetdeckfan
17 Jun 2020, 9:57 pm #56

(17 Jun 2020, 9:48 pm)Big O The ex London Deckers have gasket glazing and the native GNE stock have bonded glazing Wink

And their new ADL vehicles seem to use a bit of chewing gum in each corner going off how much they rattle and move about!

17 Jun 2020, 10:00 pm #57

I think route branding has gotten a lot better from about 10 year ago. Although there are still some cringey brands such as Connections4 and the Fab56, it’s far better from the days of Magic Roundabout, Pronto and Fast Cats which were utter rubbish (although I liked the light blue on the Magic Roundabout!).

Once most routes are branded in the ‘house style’ in about 6/ 7 years, everything will be a lot smarter.

Maybe the Cobalt and Coast brand references the Coast Road, which the 309, 310 and 311 all travel on...
Adtrainsam
17 Jun 2020, 10:00 pm #57

I think route branding has gotten a lot better from about 10 year ago. Although there are still some cringey brands such as Connections4 and the Fab56, it’s far better from the days of Magic Roundabout, Pronto and Fast Cats which were utter rubbish (although I liked the light blue on the Magic Roundabout!).

Once most routes are branded in the ‘house style’ in about 6/ 7 years, everything will be a lot smarter.

Maybe the Cobalt and Coast brand references the Coast Road, which the 309, 310 and 311 all travel on...

17 Jun 2020, 10:28 pm #58

I agree with you on some of the newer brands however some of the older brands, in my opinion, have been amazing:

"Cobalt & Coast" is plain and kind of boring; hate the landmark illustrations in particular.
"Little Coasters" is, again, boring.
"X-lines" is alright, but some of the brands it's replaced/replacing were better – "The Castles Express" and "Red Arrows" being prominent examples.
New "Green Arrow" livery is way better than the old version and fits in with the eco-friendly theme which is great for communicating that message to environment enthusiasts.

"Black Cats" is phenomenal and so detailed. It's probably my favourite StreetLite livery because of the way it wraps around the shape of the vehicles, not to mention how perfect it is for the areas it serves given its S.A.F.C colour scheme.
"indiGo" I've always took a liking to, even more so since the 'simplified' version was established. I don't think having it in two different locations defeats the point of the brand, as the idea of it is to outline the minibus services it provides in smaller/local communities, i.e. Concord, Washington etc.; Peterlee, Seaham, Dalton Park etc."
"Prince Bishops" is one I hope they don't get rid of because it's now one of the oldest brands and has a significant meaning to Durham.
Loved "The 9". Gutted it's been cut back to between Sunderland and Hebburn.
Miss "Wear Xpress" a lot, as that was by far my favourite brand.
BeachBoy99
17 Jun 2020, 10:28 pm #58

I agree with you on some of the newer brands however some of the older brands, in my opinion, have been amazing:

"Cobalt & Coast" is plain and kind of boring; hate the landmark illustrations in particular.
"X-lines" is alright, but some of the brands it's replaced/replacing were better – "The Castles Express" and "Red Arrows" being prominent examples.
New "Green Arrow" livery is way better than the old version and fits in with the eco-friendly theme which is great for communicating that message to environment enthusiasts.

"Black Cats" is phenomenal and so detailed. It's probably my favourite StreetLite livery because of the way it wraps around the shape of the vehicles, not to mention how perfect it is for the areas it serves given its S.A.F.C colour scheme.
"indiGo" I've always took a liking to, even more so since the 'simplified' version was established. I don't think having it in two different locations defeats the point of the brand, as the idea of it is to outline the minibus services it provides in smaller/local communities, i.e. Concord, Washington etc.; Peterlee, Seaham, Dalton Park etc."
"Prince Bishops" is one I hope they don't get rid of because it's now one of the oldest brands and has a significant meaning to Durham.

17 Jun 2020, 10:48 pm #59
(17 Jun 2020, 10:28 pm)BeachBoy99 I agree with you on some of the newer brands however some of the older brands, in my opinion, have been amazing:

Xlines is a good brand, it's just a shame they killed off The Castles Express (which is my favourite of all the brands)
Prince Bishops is a brand that could easily be updated to fit the new design (Might do a quick mock-up in Illustrator since I've nowt better to do!)

I've never particularly liked the 'Arrows' brands, they always seemed a bit half-arsed to me. Just like The 49 and The 9 (although with The 9 they did slightly more than stick a big number on the side).
I disagree about Little Coasters being boring, I think it's just right. Any more and it would have just turned tacky.
streetdeckfan
17 Jun 2020, 10:48 pm #59

(17 Jun 2020, 10:28 pm)BeachBoy99 I agree with you on some of the newer brands however some of the older brands, in my opinion, have been amazing:

Xlines is a good brand, it's just a shame they killed off The Castles Express (which is my favourite of all the brands)
Prince Bishops is a brand that could easily be updated to fit the new design (Might do a quick mock-up in Illustrator since I've nowt better to do!)

I've never particularly liked the 'Arrows' brands, they always seemed a bit half-arsed to me. Just like The 49 and The 9 (although with The 9 they did slightly more than stick a big number on the side).
I disagree about Little Coasters being boring, I think it's just right. Any more and it would have just turned tacky.

Michael

17 Jun 2020, 11:18 pm #60
Someone asked Dan when will we see it and he replyed
"next week"

https://twitter.com/phil12_/status/12733...45349?s=19

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Jun 2020, 11:18 pm #60

Someone asked Dan when will we see it and he replyed
"next week"

https://twitter.com/phil12_/status/12733...45349?s=19

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.