Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Northern Coaching

Northern Coaching

Northern Coaching

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

L469 YVK

10 Mar 2021, 6:07 pm #1
Just an idea. I don't know what JH coaches do (I think Regent Centre & Four Lane Ends) on Plate Day but if we're likely to get "normality", would a shuttle from Gosforth Park to Newcastle after racing not be an idea? Obviously pricing would need to be competitive against a taxi but would save a walk to Great North Rd for the 43/44/45 as well as offering better links.
L469 YVK
10 Mar 2021, 6:07 pm #1

Just an idea. I don't know what JH coaches do (I think Regent Centre & Four Lane Ends) on Plate Day but if we're likely to get "normality", would a shuttle from Gosforth Park to Newcastle after racing not be an idea? Obviously pricing would need to be competitive against a taxi but would save a walk to Great North Rd for the 43/44/45 as well as offering better links.

10 Mar 2021, 6:32 pm #2
JH did do a shuttle on race days previously. Stagecoach and Classic have done it in the past too. It's up to the racecourse to see if the demand is there for a bus shuttle.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
10 Mar 2021, 6:32 pm #2

JH did do a shuttle on race days previously. Stagecoach and Classic have done it in the past too. It's up to the racecourse to see if the demand is there for a bus shuttle.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

10 Mar 2021, 6:34 pm #3
Depends if what JH do is free or not. If you've got a free or very cheap shuttle into Metro stations then it's not really worth trying to compete with it.

If people want to pay for taxis then they'll get a taxi, especially if it works out cheaper in a group.
omnicity4659
10 Mar 2021, 6:34 pm #3

Depends if what JH do is free or not. If you've got a free or very cheap shuttle into Metro stations then it's not really worth trying to compete with it.

If people want to pay for taxis then they'll get a taxi, especially if it works out cheaper in a group.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average