Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East App

Go North East App

Go North East App

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (7) Previous 1 2 37 Next
Rob44

12 May 2022, 9:10 am #21
was waiting for the 28b to Chester last night and was checking the app and i noticed the 28b from CLS was doing the 28a route through saltwell park and bensham. Doubt it would have effected anyone as I am sure its timed to hit low fell behind a 25 and a 21 both heading to town aswell
Rob44
12 May 2022, 9:10 am #21

was waiting for the 28b to Chester last night and was checking the app and i noticed the 28b from CLS was doing the 28a route through saltwell park and bensham. Doubt it would have effected anyone as I am sure its timed to hit low fell behind a 25 and a 21 both heading to town aswell

Rob44

27 May 2022, 10:24 am #22
Re the app

When you open it up and click on explore.... then select the bus stop your planning on boarding at you and see the departure times. Can anyone tell me if these are "real time" or are they just copied and pasted from the bus timetable?
Rob44
27 May 2022, 10:24 am #22

Re the app

When you open it up and click on explore.... then select the bus stop your planning on boarding at you and see the departure times. Can anyone tell me if these are "real time" or are they just copied and pasted from the bus timetable?

Ambassador

27 May 2022, 8:55 pm #23
(27 May 2022, 10:24 am)Rob44 Re the app

When you open it up and click on explore.... then select the bus stop your planning on boarding at you and see the departure times.  Can anyone tell me if these are "real time" or are they just copied and pasted from the bus timetable?
If it’s real time it normally has an icon flashing (like a gps Wi-Fi icon) under the minutes and also it’s normally green.

if it’s not got that or grey it’s not real time

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
27 May 2022, 8:55 pm #23

(27 May 2022, 10:24 am)Rob44 Re the app

When you open it up and click on explore.... then select the bus stop your planning on boarding at you and see the departure times.  Can anyone tell me if these are "real time" or are they just copied and pasted from the bus timetable?
If it’s real time it normally has an icon flashing (like a gps Wi-Fi icon) under the minutes and also it’s normally green.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Rob44

28 May 2022, 7:43 am #24
(27 May 2022, 8:55 pm)Ambassador If it’s real time it normally has an icon flashing (like a gps Wi-Fi icon) under the minutes and also it’s normally green.

Cheers Thats what i though.
Rob44
28 May 2022, 7:43 am #24

(27 May 2022, 8:55 pm)Ambassador If it’s real time it normally has an icon flashing (like a gps Wi-Fi icon) under the minutes and also it’s normally green.

Cheers Thats what i though.

22 Jun 2022, 12:35 pm #25
Are GNE having issues with the tracking today, I've noticed quite a few buses are not tracking on the app but are still running

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
22 Jun 2022, 12:35 pm #25

Are GNE having issues with the tracking today, I've noticed quite a few buses are not tracking on the app but are still running

busmanT

22 Jun 2022, 2:37 pm #26
(22 Jun 2022, 12:35 pm)streetdeckfan Are GNE having issues with the tracking today, I've noticed quite a few buses are not tracking on the app but are still running

Yes there do seem to be quite a few buses not tracking that are actually in service - very confusing when expected times are shown in black exactly the same as buses that aren’t running
busmanT
22 Jun 2022, 2:37 pm #26

(22 Jun 2022, 12:35 pm)streetdeckfan Are GNE having issues with the tracking today, I've noticed quite a few buses are not tracking on the app but are still running

Yes there do seem to be quite a few buses not tracking that are actually in service - very confusing when expected times are shown in black exactly the same as buses that aren’t running

citaro5284

22 Jun 2022, 2:40 pm #27
(22 Jun 2022, 2:37 pm)busmanT Yes there do seem to be quite a few buses not tracking that are actually in service - very confusing when expected times are shown in black exactly the same as buses that aren’t running

Looks like there are issues at EE this afternoon and the ticket machines use EE sim cards.

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/ee-eve...verywhere/
citaro5284
22 Jun 2022, 2:40 pm #27

(22 Jun 2022, 2:37 pm)busmanT Yes there do seem to be quite a few buses not tracking that are actually in service - very confusing when expected times are shown in black exactly the same as buses that aren’t running

Looks like there are issues at EE this afternoon and the ticket machines use EE sim cards.

Andreos1

22 Jun 2022, 2:52 pm #28
(22 Jun 2022, 2:40 pm)citaro5284 Looks like there are issues at EE this afternoon and the ticket machines use EE sim cards.

Hopefully they're not using EE to land planes today! https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/e...ad/1735511

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Jun 2022, 2:52 pm #28

(22 Jun 2022, 2:40 pm)citaro5284 Looks like there are issues at EE this afternoon and the ticket machines use EE sim cards.

Hopefully they're not using EE to land planes today! https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/e...ad/1735511

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

busmanT

22 Jun 2022, 2:56 pm #29

Intermittent fault? As some buses are tracking - 1 out of 4 that have just passed me.
busmanT
22 Jun 2022, 2:56 pm #29

Intermittent fault? As some buses are tracking - 1 out of 4 that have just passed me.

22 Jun 2022, 3:01 pm #30
(22 Jun 2022, 2:56 pm)busmanT Intermittent fault? As some buses are tracking - 1 out of 4 that have just passed me.
Seems like it, I got an X31 and X10 earlier, both weren't tracking while I was at the stop, but they were about 5 mins after I got on

streetdeckfan
22 Jun 2022, 3:01 pm #30

(22 Jun 2022, 2:56 pm)busmanT Intermittent fault? As some buses are tracking - 1 out of 4 that have just passed me.
Seems like it, I got an X31 and X10 earlier, both weren't tracking while I was at the stop, but they were about 5 mins after I got on

Unber43

22 Jun 2022, 3:26 pm #31
(22 Jun 2022, 3:01 pm)streetdeckfan Seems like it, I got an X31 and X10 earlier, both weren't tracking while I was at the stop, but they were about 5 mins after I got on

I was trying to get the 78 from Stanley, and only 3 were tracking and I thought oh Consett must be really bad, then I saw only 3 X20's where tracking and then I knew there was a problem with the trackers, could be the heat.

However there has only been 3 X10's tracking all week, so one bus mustn’t be tracking
Unber43
22 Jun 2022, 3:26 pm #31

(22 Jun 2022, 3:01 pm)streetdeckfan Seems like it, I got an X31 and X10 earlier, both weren't tracking while I was at the stop, but they were about 5 mins after I got on

I was trying to get the 78 from Stanley, and only 3 were tracking and I thought oh Consett must be really bad, then I saw only 3 X20's where tracking and then I knew there was a problem with the trackers, could be the heat.

However there has only been 3 X10's tracking all week, so one bus mustn’t be tracking

cbma06

03 Aug 2022, 11:42 am #32
Why is it since the bus changes that the pdf timetables have been removed , also DCC site used to have the pdfs as well but there taken on the same crappy format as GNE, looks like Nexus are the only ones still do the pdfs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
03 Aug 2022, 11:42 am #32

Why is it since the bus changes that the pdf timetables have been removed , also DCC site used to have the pdfs as well but there taken on the same crappy format as GNE, looks like Nexus are the only ones still do the pdfs

03 Aug 2022, 11:47 am #33
(03 Aug 2022, 11:42 am)cbma06 Why is it since the bus changes that the pdf timetables have been removed , also DCC site used to have the pdfs as well but there taken on the same crappy format as GNE, looks like Nexus are the only ones still do the pdfs

Probably because the timetables have to be manually made and uploaded, and with the speed that they're changing/cutting services, they probably can't keep up!
streetdeckfan
03 Aug 2022, 11:47 am #33

(03 Aug 2022, 11:42 am)cbma06 Why is it since the bus changes that the pdf timetables have been removed , also DCC site used to have the pdfs as well but there taken on the same crappy format as GNE, looks like Nexus are the only ones still do the pdfs

Probably because the timetables have to be manually made and uploaded, and with the speed that they're changing/cutting services, they probably can't keep up!

cbma06

03 Aug 2022, 11:56 am #34
(03 Aug 2022, 11:47 am)streetdeckfan Probably because the timetables have to be manually made and uploaded, and with the speed that they're changing/cutting services, they probably can't keep up!

I understand about pdfs as paper leaflets, but it’s no manually made for pdf online, better to view the timetable online as pdf rather than the ridiculous format that’s online, and there’s customers who can’t understand the format on there Facebook page.

cbma06
03 Aug 2022, 11:56 am #34

(03 Aug 2022, 11:47 am)streetdeckfan Probably because the timetables have to be manually made and uploaded, and with the speed that they're changing/cutting services, they probably can't keep up!

I understand about pdfs as paper leaflets, but it’s no manually made for pdf online, better to view the timetable online as pdf rather than the ridiculous format that’s online, and there’s customers who can’t understand the format on there Facebook page.

03 Aug 2022, 12:03 pm #35
(03 Aug 2022, 11:56 am)cbma06 I understand about pdfs as paper leaflets, but it’s no manually made for pdf online, better to view the timetable online as pdf rather than the ridiculous format that’s online, and there’s customers who can’t understand the format on there Facebook page.

I don't mean for this to come across rude, but how can people not understand the online format?
It's basically just a table!
streetdeckfan
03 Aug 2022, 12:03 pm #35

(03 Aug 2022, 11:56 am)cbma06 I understand about pdfs as paper leaflets, but it’s no manually made for pdf online, better to view the timetable online as pdf rather than the ridiculous format that’s online, and there’s customers who can’t understand the format on there Facebook page.

I don't mean for this to come across rude, but how can people not understand the online format?

cbma06

03 Aug 2022, 12:10 pm #36
(03 Aug 2022, 12:03 pm)streetdeckfan I don't mean for this to come across rude, but how can people not understand the online format?

About the amount of customers on gne Facebook page when there announced the bus changes for July, for around a month the customer couldn’t understand the online format and have the be explained from customer services to change the direction of travel and also to change the date , the simplified pdfs were better and easier

cbma06
03 Aug 2022, 12:10 pm #36

(03 Aug 2022, 12:03 pm)streetdeckfan I don't mean for this to come across rude, but how can people not understand the online format?

About the amount of customers on gne Facebook page when there announced the bus changes for July, for around a month the customer couldn’t understand the online format and have the be explained from customer services to change the direction of travel and also to change the date , the simplified pdfs were better and easier

03 Aug 2022, 12:12 pm #37
(03 Aug 2022, 12:10 pm)cbma06 About the amount of customers on gne Facebook page when there announced the bus changes for July, for around a month the customer couldn’t understand the online format and have the be explained from customer services to change the direction of travel and also to change the date , the simplified pdfs were better and easier

See, I find the online format quite easy and intuitive. Having to change the direction of travel is no different to having to look at a different area of the PDF in my view.

Having the ability to change the date also makes it easier when there's a timetable change as you don't have to worry about finding the right timetable that will be in use
streetdeckfan
03 Aug 2022, 12:12 pm #37

(03 Aug 2022, 12:10 pm)cbma06 About the amount of customers on gne Facebook page when there announced the bus changes for July, for around a month the customer couldn’t understand the online format and have the be explained from customer services to change the direction of travel and also to change the date , the simplified pdfs were better and easier

See, I find the online format quite easy and intuitive. Having to change the direction of travel is no different to having to look at a different area of the PDF in my view.

Having the ability to change the date also makes it easier when there's a timetable change as you don't have to worry about finding the right timetable that will be in use

F114TML

03 Aug 2022, 3:36 pm #38
It's annoying that you have to keep changing the date on it. It's just so much simpler to have a PDF. If they're continuing the PDFs, clearly they're waiting for them to be done with the fancy style. Remember when around service change time they just did a basic black-text-on-white-background one like this until a fancier one was made?
https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/asse...030917.pdf
F114TML
03 Aug 2022, 3:36 pm #38

It's annoying that you have to keep changing the date on it. It's just so much simpler to have a PDF. If they're continuing the PDFs, clearly they're waiting for them to be done with the fancy style. Remember when around service change time they just did a basic black-text-on-white-background one like this until a fancier one was made?

03 Aug 2022, 4:21 pm #39
I do find a traditional timetable easier to navigate than the website version. Having to remember to change the date and the direction is just a pain. Viewing the massive table on some mobile devices isnt easy either, whereas a pdf is pretty accessible on most. I think they were removed though because in the few weeks leading up to the cuts, they couldnt show both the old (then current) and new pdfs so even changing the date to post 25 July still showed the 'old' times.
stagecoachbusdepot
03 Aug 2022, 4:21 pm #39

I do find a traditional timetable easier to navigate than the website version. Having to remember to change the date and the direction is just a pain. Viewing the massive table on some mobile devices isnt easy either, whereas a pdf is pretty accessible on most. I think they were removed though because in the few weeks leading up to the cuts, they couldnt show both the old (then current) and new pdfs so even changing the date to post 25 July still showed the 'old' times.

cbma06

03 Aug 2022, 5:35 pm #40
(03 Aug 2022, 3:36 pm)F114TML It's annoying that you have to keep changing the date on it. It's just so much simpler to have a PDF. If they're continuing the PDFs, clearly they're waiting for them to be done with the fancy style. Remember when around service change time they just did a basic black-text-on-white-background one like this until a fancier one was made?

Even DCC used to have a list of services in pdf format in black and white, but now there gone the same way as GNE, only Arriva and nexus that still have the pdfs

cbma06
03 Aug 2022, 5:35 pm #40

(03 Aug 2022, 3:36 pm)F114TML It's annoying that you have to keep changing the date on it. It's just so much simpler to have a PDF. If they're continuing the PDFs, clearly they're waiting for them to be done with the fancy style. Remember when around service change time they just did a basic black-text-on-white-background one like this until a fancier one was made?

Even DCC used to have a list of services in pdf format in black and white, but now there gone the same way as GNE, only Arriva and nexus that still have the pdfs

Pages (7) Previous 1 2 37 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average