Menu

northern156   27 Dec 2013, 9:18 pm
Hi all,

I was just wondering. At Gateshead Interchange (and also nearby to it) where are there good vantage points that give good photos of the vehicles, both stationary and moving?
Having only been there for a proper photo session for an hour before, I found a couple of good places but I was wondering if there any other good ones please?

Note I'm not after places that the General Public isn't allowed to go; obviously not in the middle of the tarmac for example... Wink
The quieter the place is, the better it would be too. Just for future reference when I go again at some point.

Thanks
Sean

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Andreos1   27 Dec 2013, 9:28 pm
(27 Dec 2013, 9:18 pm)northern156 wrote Hi all,

I was just wondering. At Gateshead Interchange (and also nearby to it) where are there good vantage points that give good photos of the vehicles, both stationary and moving?
Having only been there for a proper photo session for an hour before, I found a couple of good places but I was wondering if there any other good ones please?

Note I'm not after places that the General Public isn't allowed to go; obviously not in the middle of the tarmac for example... Wink
The quieter the place is, the better it would be too. Just for future reference when I go again at some point.

Thanks
Sean

Don't take photos of buses, but I imagine the road coming from the High Level Bridge before merging onto Prince Consort Road would be a good spot.
Similarly on the approaches to Gateshead around the Civic Centre/Jackson Street

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan   27 Dec 2013, 9:46 pm
(27 Dec 2013, 9:28 pm)andreos1 wrote Don't take photos of buses, but I imagine the road coming from the High Level Bridge before merging onto Prince Consort Road would be a good spot.
Similarly on the approaches to Gateshead around the Civic Centre/Jackson Street

Don't forget Gateshead's beautiful clock which is used and abused by enthusiasts who stand there for about an hour......! Tongue

Too controversial.. I best stop.
Andreos1   27 Dec 2013, 10:01 pm
(27 Dec 2013, 9:46 pm)Dan wrote Don't forget Gateshead's beautiful clock which is used and abused by enthusiasts who stand there for about an hour......! Tongue

Too controversial.. I best stop.

haha, lost me...
Dread to think what happens by the clock

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rapidsnap   28 Dec 2013, 12:33 am
I usually get the buses as they come off the High Level Bridge, but you miss out on a handful of southbound services plus anything heading north.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
northern156   28 Dec 2013, 9:02 pm
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll see what Streetview has to offer Smile

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Rapidsnap   28 Dec 2013, 10:39 pm
Here are some photos of buses that I took as they came off the High Level Bridge - http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=53115167@N03&q=Wellington%20Street

NOTE: There are photos taken on Wellington Street in North Shields and Liverpool that have creeped in on the search.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.