North East Buses
Cameras - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Cameras (/showthread.php?tid=92)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Cameras - EL1TE - 31 Mar 2017

(31 Mar 2017, 8:59 pm)Jamie M The zoom is awesome on that. My zoom and focal length is awful. As you can see by my 6047 on 57 picture (https://flic.kr/p/TcjfjN), flaring also is an issue in very bright scenarios - in all fairness, gateshead high street is dark with a tonne of reflection. I love how easily I can take good quality nigjt pictures, though.

I'm even getting better during the day, as you can see with the growing number of likes (https://flic.kr/p/TcjfjN).

Here are some better east coast pictures:
https://flic.kr/p/TcTriA
https://flic.kr/p/T3ud56

You know, this is a decent quality on all pictures, even if they're not good. I love taking pictures and I take pride in the hobby. I'm not interested in spending money if it causes frustration and adds complication. What I love about the hobby is how I can walk out of the door, find a place to take pictures and do so. It's so simple.
Goes up to 40x zoom, but trying to focus the picture and holding still can be a nightmare for me..

I like to take pictures too, but confidence is an issue on my part. It's when people are watching me... it just makes me feel awkward for some reason. Another issue for me taking photos is when I get stared at by a driver, and just completely puts me off photographing the bus they're driving...

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 31 Mar 2017

(31 Mar 2017, 9:09 pm)EL1TE Goes up to 40x zoom, but trying to focus the picture and holding still can be a nightmare for me..

I like to take pictures too, but confidence is an issue on my part. It's when people are watching me... it just makes me feel awkward for some reason. Another issue for me taking photos is when I get stared at by a driver, and just completely puts me off photographing the bus they're driving...
Just literally do not give a . What are they going to do if they see you? If you have a passion that's sensible and doesn't harm others, just do it with pride. Don't waste time being anxious where you have the right to do what you want. People ask me why I'm taking pictures of buses, I just tell them I love taking pictures. It's not my problem if a nexus person, a driver or a random person has an issue with it. It feels great now I'm on this side of things - I was like you were as you can see in my created threads last year.

(31 Mar 2017, 9:14 pm)Jamie M Just literally do not give a . What are they going to do if they see you? If you have a passion that's sensible and doesn't harm others, just do it with pride. Don't waste time being anxious where you have the right to do what you want. People ask me why I'm taking pictures of buses, I just tell them I  love taking pictures. It's not my problem if a nexus person, a driver or a random person has an issue with it. It feels great now I'm on this side of things - I was like you were as you can see in my created threads last year.
Thanks for the advice Smile
I'll certainly keep that in mind for my day out tomorrow Smile

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 31 Mar 2017

(31 Mar 2017, 9:19 pm)EL1TE Thanks for the advice Smile
I'll certainly keep that in mind for my day out tomorrow Smile
Just don't stop it for anyone, there's nothing against it - most of all, enjoy it.

(31 Mar 2017, 9:33 pm)Jamie M Just don't stop it for anyone, there's nothing against it - most of all, enjoy it.

Cheers mate Smile

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 01 Apr 2017

(Wrong thread)

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 03 Apr 2017

[Image: 32978020984_4f3bead108_k.jpg]First bus pic / dSLR by Jamie MP, on Flickr

I found a Panasonic DMC-G10 lying under my bed that I haven't used in a while. I have a few lenses, and I'm just getting used to the settings. I keep forgetting how long distant the largest lens is. Not a bad start given how dark the street is. The bus was moving as well.
I will keep an update of how my pictures develop. Probably will take a trip to eldon and just stand and take a load of pictures of night, and just mess on for hours with the lens. I do like the camera a lot, but will take some getting used to after my phone!

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 03 Apr 2017

(03 Apr 2017, 7:31 pm)Jamie M [Image: 32978020984_4f3bead108_k.jpg]First bus pic / dSLR by Jamie MP, on Flickr

I found a Panasonic DMC-G10 lying under my bed that I haven't used in a while. I have a few lenses, and I'm just getting used to the settings. I keep forgetting how long distant the largest lens is. Not a bad start given how dark the street is. The bus was moving as well.
I will keep an update of how my pictures develop. Probably will take a trip to eldon and just stand and take a load of pictures of night, and just mess on for hours with the lens. I do like the camera a lot, but will take some getting used to after my phone!

[Image: 33824786925_3a21ba6f40_k.jpg]Second bus pic / dSLR by Jamie MP, on Flickr
This one too. Same issue, but a bit earlier on so more light.

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 05 Apr 2017

Extending, really impressed with daytime performance..

[Image: 33815642226_e99192c329_k.jpg](Go North East) NK56KJA / 5254 - Scania Omnicity by Jamie MP, on Flickr

This is from over 40 meters away.

RE: Cameras - northern156 - 06 Apr 2017

(05 Apr 2017, 2:51 pm)Jamie M Extending, really impressed with daytime performance..
(Go North East) NK56KJA / 5254 - Scania Omnicity by Jamie MP, on Flickr

This is from over 40 meters away.

Very nice Jamie!

RE: Cameras - Pulsar - 27 Apr 2017

.jpg
20170427_190043.jpg
Size: 575.66 KB / Downloads: 17
.jpg
20170427_190015.jpg
Size: 607.22 KB / Downloads: 18
Just got this now. Not set it up yet but should be using it for the first time at the rally on Sunday.

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 28 Apr 2017

Got a bit of a situation here. The shorter lens (14-44mm) has a bit of gain, whereas the longer lens (45-200) has next to none. I understand that the ISO is arbitrary in the sense that my camera has it's own ISO settings, but I'm thinking I need to upgrade the shorter lens.
Given the above information, how am I to go about finding a lens with less gain if the unit of measurement is indeed arbitrary?

[Image: 91bd383fa995344bd6a647881a4f758b_img-que...02-523.png]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: Cameras - Adrian - 29 Apr 2017

(28 Apr 2017, 9:43 pm)Jamie M [Image: 91bd383fa995344bd6a647881a4f758b_img-que...02-523.png]

Exactly how I feel after reading that post!!

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 29 Apr 2017

(29 Apr 2017, 7:09 pm)Adrian Exactly how I feel after reading that post!!

I think I accidentally polluted the world with nonsense, but behind the trash was a sensible question - how do I decide on which lens I should get (for those available to my dSLR) without physically being able to test the lens before purchase.

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 19 Oct 2017

https://www.mobicity.co.uk/products/olympus-m-zuiko-digital-ed-12-40mm-f-2-8-pro-lens?gclid=CjwKCAjwmqHPBRBQEiwAOvbR8_Cju7PgXW-x7oHyrxXerNQANu4I1oqjRIGe3DPoqrcRZJTU9q2kuhoCBNQQAvD_BwE

Does anybody in the community know if there are any people who've taken pictures with such a lens? (or have any thoughts). I'm considering buying it, because flickr's showcase pictures with it are amazing, but I don't know how it performs without pictures being touched up.

RE: Cameras - Dan - 19 Oct 2017

(19 Oct 2017, 2:15 pm)Jamie M https://www.mobicity.co.uk/products/olympus-m-zuiko-digital-ed-12-40mm-f-2-8-pro-lens?gclid=CjwKCAjwmqHPBRBQEiwAOvbR8_Cju7PgXW-x7oHyrxXerNQANu4I1oqjRIGe3DPoqrcRZJTU9q2kuhoCBNQQAvD_BwE

Does anybody in the community know if there are any people who've taken pictures with such a lens? (or have any thoughts). I'm considering buying it, because flickr's showcase pictures with it are amazing, but I don't know how it performs without pictures being touched up.

I personally don't think I could cope with a 12-40mm lens.

I have a 18-140 lens - provides me with a very good range of both zoomed out and zoomed in photographs.

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 19 Oct 2017

(19 Oct 2017, 2:54 pm)Dan I personally don't think I could cope with a 12-40mm lens.

I have a 18-140 lens - provides me with a very good range of both zoomed out and zoomed in photographs.

I current have two -
A 14-42 kit lens
A 45-200 pro lens

(Both are 4/3, as my body is a Lumix G10). There aren't many lenses at a sensible price (or quality) that cover the lower ranges that I generally prefer. I feel the larger lens is extremely clunky and I never really get the opportunity to use it. I can always take it with me, but normally shots at those ranges are ones you study and plan, rather than just spontaneously snap in a fairly unique scenario. I think I could easily swap them over if I needed to for that reason.

The kit lens is inferior. It's decent (a lot of my most recent photos use it). It's as good as my mobile phones unless there's sufficient lighting.

[Image: 34019373346_036f6d2ee3_o.jpg]Nightbuses: N21 & N56 by Jamie MP, on Flickr

[Image: 33654079844_44038b3326_o.jpg]N20 | NK62CYC / 6066 - Volvo B5LH by Jamie MP, on Flickr

[Image: 37667317732_241c11f06d_o.jpg]NK66EWM / 5461 - Wright Streetlite by Jamie MP, on Flickr

These are all taken with my kit lens. The quality can be decent if I get conditions right, but I think I'm really pushing the ability of it. It's a very small unit and dark pictures generally aren't amazing quality. My bigger lens is great but I can't ever get myself in a suitable position. I've managed it twice, and it's been great, both situations required planning - this gave me the ability to change lenses.

[Image: 33920985774_6cab34890d_o.jpg]NK15EMX / 5392 - Wright Streetlite by Jamie MP, on Flickr

My point (isn't to get flickr plugs... I promise), but I can't ever find a point-click situation with my larger lens, or any time I wish I had the larger lens on. Therefore, I only find it logical to save myself a boat load of cash (4/3 lenses really are anything but cheap, especially with larger range) where I can be getting an amazing quality in all situations (planned or point-click, low-light or day time). Perfection is not possible, but I see some of my point-click photos, and I know that I finally have outgrown my tools when I compare it to other people's pictures. I take night pictures because I'm never really satisfied with my daytime ones, with the decent quality point-click lens, rather than amazing. It's an expensive hobby, this, but it's one I want to pursue to a higher level on a day-by-day basis. 

TL;DR - For what I do and have, I just need to upgrade my day-to-day tool, rather than encapsulating both into one ($$$).

RE: Cameras - Jamie M - 01 Dec 2017

Finally decided - Going for the panny G80 with the kit lens tomorrow. A lot of money, but looks to be the best. I don't like the lack of digital VF for dslrs and the sensors are basically the same at mid-level. Look forward to taking my hobby of general/specific photography to the next stage.

Cameras - Jamie M - 02 Dec 2017

[Image: 37887239295_77b56f1564_o.jpg]NK62CKC / 6063 - Volvo B5LH by Jamie MP, on Flickr

[Image: 24900819848_83d9af3e2b_o.jpg]NK07KPU / 5283 - Mercedes Citaro by Jamie MP, on Flickr

[Image: 37887243035_88250d1e86_o.jpg]NK56KKE / 5269 - Scania Omnicity by Jamie MP, on Flickr

[Image: 24900823258_c4e9138e97_o.jpg]NK07KPJ / 5276 - Mercedes Citaro by Jamie MP, on Flickr

This camera works an absolute charm in low-light. I love it to pieces, these were quick snaps, not even fine tuning colour balance and as you can see for exposure times, all within a second. Cannot wait for daylight tomorrow. I have other general photos of around the area that I can upload if others are interested. It's really helping me to enjoy my hobby even more.

Amazing from a 4/3 camera. For those non-technical, it's not an slr (though it looks like one), and this technology has been massively revamped over the past few years to put it on par with the renowned, more expensive optical-electric systems.

RE: Cameras - EL1TE - 02 Feb 2018

Anyone got any recommendations for cameras that do really well in low light? Tried some with my B500 tonight but most were just a complete failure.