North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Go North East - CatsFast101 - 29 May 2013

Interesting going on's RE 8258 and 61, I do hope the Versa's from simplicity are going to 61, Cadets to 39 or 26/36/36A. I hope to see Deckers on X3/X36 personally.

On another matter do the 17/307 interwork at Benton Asda? As I thought they did at one time and I'm sure I heard it on here a few weeks back, but it doesn't really make sense. With the 17 now branded do they still interwork, to me it seems strange to judging on the timetable.

RE: Go North East - gtom - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 9:05 am)Andreos1 So the funding is going to hit a smaller proportion of passengers than I initially thought?

*climbs down off soapbox Smile
Hope everyone has a nice day!

(sorry I haven't deliberately cut out your points, just to make it a little bit more reader-friendly)

I'm happy to see GNE future proofing, the next generation of your older passengers will have grown up with a mobile and this technology. Aside to that, the technology will benefit users as a whole as it will support the current destination boards at major bus stations and the digital 'gps ready' stops that Nexus have placed along key routes (take Durham Road for example) and of course there are a few across Durham also. So it's not just for your Android/Apple phone users.

Manchester, Leeds, London all have these bus countdown GPS features and I think you know our region, especially Newcastle and Gateshead can benefit from this.

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 29 May 2013

29/05/2013

Prince Bishops 5217 on the 56
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8878108653/

4912 Northern Wright Renown on the X1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8878109997/in/photostream/

6027 on the W5 for about the millionth time
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8878106273/in/photostream/

542 on the 73 - after about 6 or 7 failed attempts I have managed to capture this working.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8878110773/in/photostream/

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 29 May 2013

I totally agree, if used correctly, then it can benefit passengers - however it should be regionwide thing overseen by Nexus, rather than us as taxpayers funding a specific bus organisation which makes millions of pounds and could afford to pay for it from their own pocket.

If GNE take it on board and run with it at Nexus stops on Durham Road, what happens to the Arriva service? Im guessing if they dont apply for the system, then they wont appear on the information

Wear Tees Xpress X7 service promotion on GNE Facebook Page

Tomorrow (Thursday 30th May) we'll be at Castle Dene Shopping Centre in Peterlee outside Market Cross Jewellers between 10am and 3pm.

Pop along and see us! We'll be providing information about our East Durham services and the X7, plus you'll have the chance to win some free travel with the new superb X7 scratchcard!

Someone explain to me why GNE didn't do this with the X7 when it was first introduced, The Scratchcard Idea is pretty cool I think.

And also I've picked up the updated Washington Street Shuttle W5/W6 Timetable in the new format and it has a Street Shuttle MPD on the front, so it's looks like the W5/W6 will be keeping the MPD's judging by the front of the Timetable. Haven't seen the Updated M2/M3 Timetables, probs won't be updated until the Versas are on the Service.

RE: Go North East - gtom - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 1:32 pm)Andreos1 I totally agree, if used correctly, then it can benefit passengers - however it should be regionwide thing overseen by Nexus, rather than us as taxpayers funding a specific bus organisation which makes millions of pounds and could afford to pay for it from their own pocket.

If GNE take it on board and run with it at Nexus stops on Durham Road, what happens to the Arriva service? Im guessing if they dont apply for the system, then they wont appear on the information

I'd imagine they'll appear as they do at the normal, just to timetable information

RE: Go North East - Dan - 29 May 2013

Gold standard treatment for commuters on the X9/X10 today - 3833 has the pleasure of stretching her legs.
Has been out of service all day, but is on the X9 heading towards Middlesbrough now.

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 29 May 2013

So surely that makes it more viable for a Nexus backed scheme, rather than this attempt.

Re timetables - the 56 timetable I saw today on a 21 had a Scania with current branding, but we have been told these are being replaced.
To be honest, how often a services ammended?
These timetables are likely to be out of date before any replacement vehicles are out of the factory gates anyway

RE: Go North East - CatsFast101 - 29 May 2013

Free wifi on 3833?!
On another note, does any know what's on the 61 today? (I'm not feeling too well so haven't been out the house)

RE: Go North East - BJ10VUS - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 10:41 am)CatsFast101 Interesting going on's RE 8258 and 61, I do hope the Versa's from simplicity are going to 61, Cadets to 39 or 26/36/36A. I hope to see Deckers on X3/X36 personally.

On another matter do the 17/307 interwork at Benton Asda? As I thought they did at one time and I'm sure I heard it on here a few weeks back, but it doesn't really make sense. With the 17 now branded do they still interwork, to me it seems strange to judging on the timetable.

It's school half term, so I don't think they will interwork this week. They still do usually, I think?

(29 May 2013, 3:55 pm)CatsFast101 Free wifi on 3833?!
On another note, does any know what's on the 61 today? (I'm not feeling too well so haven't been out the house)

Plug sockets, luxury seating and free WiFi. Typical treatment on a "Yellow Bus" branded Olympian, didn't you know? Wink

To my memory (I didn't photo them all), 2x Northern Cadets, 1x Drifter Cadet, and I didn't account for anything else because I didn't stay around too long.
Drifter Cadet 8271 on 38s today. Not sure what the other vehicle working the 61 was - again, didn't stick around too long.

RE: Go North East - Kuyoyo - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 4:42 pm)BJ10VUS
(29 May 2013, 10:41 am)CatsFast101 Interesting going on's RE 8258 and 61, I do hope the Versa's from simplicity are going to 61, Cadets to 39 or 26/36/36A. I hope to see Deckers on X3/X36 personally.

It's school half term, so I don't think they will interwork this week. They still do usually, I think?

They interwork at all times, not just on school days.

Just had a thought regarding the 51reg Presidents that are at Chester le Street and due to transfer to Depford as mentioned on another page.

So here is my thought

Would it be possible that these deckers will be used to temporarily replace Wright Solars on the 56/20 until the new deckers arrive later in the year. I don't think they'll be used on the X3/X36 as I don't see the need for them on the X3, the Renowns cope fine with the service.

I can't think of anything else other than a straight swap with the Vykings.

RE: Go North East - Michael - 29 May 2013

That's a good idea, Didn't think of that, the Vyking's are shit, They won't cope on the 20/56 for most of the day, Hopefully if so the scania's will be used on other deptford services.

(29 May 2013, 5:42 pm)Adam Malarkey Just had a thought regarding the 51reg Presidents that are at Chester le Street and due to transfer to Depford as mentioned on another page.

So here is my thought

Would it be possible that these deckers will be used to temporarily replace Wright Solars on the 56/20 until the new deckers arrive later in the year. I don't think they'll be used on the X3/X36 as I don't see the need for them on the X3, the Renowns cope fine with the service.

I can't think of anything else other than a straight swap with the Vykings.

It was mentioned by me on here and on a Facebook group actually. :p

Passenger numbers on the X3 has increased massively since the announcement of the service being partially cut, in my opinion. From personal observation alone, I firmly believe that on a fair amount of journeys, Renowns can no longer cope with the demand set by the X3's passengers. Of course, as with all services, lower passenger numbers are set at specific times of day, and this is when the Renowns are more suitable once more.
A minimum of one Vyking has been allocated to the X3 for the past week or so now, which to me, certainly suggests that Deptford are considering other options for the X3 - besides Renowns. The X3 has actually had quite a few allocations as of late repeatedly occurring on the same board and then moving onto a different board for a few days which makes you wonder what Deptford have planned for the service(s) - if anything. A few other services have also had the same treatment, and I don't believe that this is just Deptford up to their usual allocation antics.

Having ridden the X3 late afternoon from Heworth to Sunderland earlier today on a Vyking allocation where the lower saloon was full and the upper saloon was about half full too, I can say that a double decker would be justifiable on this service now, and if they're going spare at Chester-le-Street, I see no reason why this couldn't happen.

Conversely, we must consider that the X3's competitor (the 56), undoubtedly has occasions where passenger numbers are excessive and double deckers would also be justifiable. I understand that - so speculation suggests - double decker vehicles are to be purchased for the service, but how long has the service waited for those? If I recall correctly, Deptford did introduce briefly a few months ago an allocation of one or two Presidents/Vykings on the boards that required higher capacity vehicles at some point during the day, but I don't believe this happens anymore.
The amount of times I've seen Solars on the 56 at full capacity (seating and standees) is unreal, and that certainly hasn't happened on the X3 yet - and I'm fairly certain it won't happen any time in the future either... So with that in mind, I could be totally wrong thinking that these Presidents are indeed to help out with the X3 and its variants that the service will be interworking with.

(29 May 2013, 6:14 pm)Michael That's a good idea, Didn't think of that, the Vyking's are shit, They won't cope on the 20/56 for most of the day, Hopefully if so the scania's will be used on other deptford services.

I was thinking the scanias go to Chester/Stanley for the 8/78, freeing up more renowns for the 34/34A for example, which would lead to the withdrawal of the DAF's.

It would seem very logical.

RE: Go North East - Michael - 29 May 2013

Yeh and a few more SPD, The 28/28A needs better buses, its time for the current DAF's on thier and the 34/34A to go.

Hopefully we hear news soon about the order for the 20/56 or can anyone confirm on here, if its true?

GNE posted this earlier about the 23/73 on thier FB page.

Nexus Services 37N and 73N

With effect from 2 June 2013 a full range of Go North East tickets will be available to buy and use on Nexus service 37N, including key and M-Tickets.

From the same date some journeys on Nexus service 73N will be operated by another bus company. However, all Go North East tickets will be available to use on these journeys.

RE: Go North East - stagecoachbusdepot - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 2:49 pm)Adam Malarkey And also I've picked up the updated Washington Street Shuttle W5/W6 Timetable in the new format and it has a Street Shuttle MPD on the front, so it's looks like the W5/W6 will be keeping the MPD's judging by the front of the Timetable. Haven't seen the Updated M2/M3 Timetables, probs won't be updated until the Versas are on the Service.

The revised M2/M3 leaflet is already available online - with an MPD on the front:
http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/51757.68

Go North East - Part 10 - CatsFast101 - 29 May 2013

To be perfectly honest there seems to be a few vehicles that could do with replacing. The SPD's are terrible, DAF's on Lambton Worm & Waggonway, Certain MPD's.
The 'East Durham' MPD's at Peterlee aren't in good nic! I was on the 202 just the other day and it had terrible noises on the brakes, aswell as rattling, and really loud stretching noises you can bearly hear yourself think! The bus actually broke down temporaily at Dawdon and the driver tried a couple of times before he got it back on the road. And with the current interworking with 202/265/259/260 I dread to think if the bus made it Durham okay! So I'd like to hope Versas could be planned soon for the East Durham services.

RE: 56/20 Solars
It was strongly hinted by Rob earlier in the thread that 20 & 56 would both be getting deckers some time in the not so distance future. And I think the general consensus on here is that it can't come soon enough with a vast amount of journeys on both services running near or to capacity. So that will eventually lead to displacing 28 Solars.
I would like to see
13 go to Lime routes, the Renowns can then go to Doxford Clipper.
11 go to Lambton Worm/ Waggonway/71.
The rest can go Northern.

(29 May 2013, 8:01 pm)CatsFast101 To be perfectly honest there seems to be a few vehicles that could do with replacing. The SPD's are terrible, DAF's on Lambton Worm & Waggonway, Certain MPD's.
The 'East Durham' MPD's at Peterlee aren't in good nic! I was on the 202 just the other day and it had terrible noises on the brakes, aswell as rattling, and really loud stretching noises you can bearly hear yourself think! The bus actually broke down temporaily at Dawdon and the driver tried a couple of times before he got it back on the road. And with the current interworking with 202/265/259/260 I dread to think if the bus made it Durham okay! So I'd like to hope Versas could be planned soon for the East Durham services.

RE: 56/20 Solars
It was strongly hinted by Rob earlier in the thread that 20 & 56 would both be getting deckers some time in the not so distance future. And I think the general consensus on here is that it can't come soon enough with a vast amount of journeys on both services running near or to capacity. So that will eventually lead to displacing 28 Solars.
I would like to see
13 go to Lime routes, the Renowns can then go to Doxford Clipper.
11 go to Lambton Worm/ Waggonway/71.
The rest can go Northern.

Plus you have the Metrolink Solars and WSS MPD's on top of that, the 52/53/54reg examples a good little runners, the East Durham has a few 52/53reg examples but is mainly made up of 2000/01 examples hence why they are so poor.

I can see once all the changes happen, some MPD's replacing Older MPD's on the East Durham Network and some SPD's also, and not forgetting there is a few on the Venture that are 2000/01 batch I believe that could be replaced.

(29 May 2013, 7:56 pm)stagecoachbusdepot
(29 May 2013, 2:49 pm)Adam Malarkey And also I've picked up the updated Washington Street Shuttle W5/W6 Timetable in the new format and it has a Street Shuttle MPD on the front, so it's looks like the W5/W6 will be keeping the MPD's judging by the front of the Timetable. Haven't seen the Updated M2/M3 Timetables, probs won't be updated until the Versas are on the Service.

The revised M2/M3 leaflet is already available online - with an MPD on the front:
http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/51757.68

Cheers looks like I could be wrong about the W5/W6 keeping MPD's then, i'll lookout for the Timetable on the M2/M3 tomorrow as i'm collecting them all