North East Buses
Politics (and other political stuff) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Politics (and other political stuff) (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 09 Mar 2017

(09 Mar 2017, 7:47 pm)Andreos1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39183717

And still it rumbles on...

Absolute farce and a blatant cover up.

You know what they say - Nothing to hide, and you've got nothing to worry about! 

Not the case for Thatcher and her cronies of course. The reputation of South Yorkshire police alone, should be more than enough reason for an inquiry.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 10 Mar 2017

(09 Mar 2017, 7:56 pm)Adrian You know what they say - Nothing to hide, and you've got nothing to worry about! 

Not the case for Thatcher and her cronies of course. The reputation of South Yorkshire police alone, should be more than enough reason for an inquiry.

It has been one big cover-up and stich-up from the beginning as far as I am concerned.

Whether it be the closure plans or the police behaviour.
The sooner they admit their behaviour, the better.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - S813 FVK - 15 Mar 2017

Trump's new travel ban blocked by US Judge days before coming into effect:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39287656?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Michael - 18 Apr 2017

Theresa May announces snap UK general election, to be held on June 8

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Andreos1 - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 11:00 am)Michael Theresa May announces snap UK general election, to be held on June 8

Just reading about it. Interesting times ahead. Hopefully the masses will see through the inevitable smears against certain people.

(18 Apr 2017, 11:03 am)Andreos1 Just reading about it. Interesting times ahead. Hopefully the masses will see through the inevitable smears against certain people.

It'll be either Labour or Tories who'll win, then will give us 4 years of cuts.

Going to be interesting how it has an effect on us leaving the EU.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MrFozz - 18 Apr 2017

The Tories will win and give Theresa May the mandate she needs to see Brexit through

(18 Apr 2017, 11:07 am)Michael It'll be either Labour or Tories who'll win, then will give us 4 years of cuts.

Interestingly, Labour have been promoting policies over the last few weeks promoting more public spending, such as free school meals.

I think we will see more of the same old with the tories. They have a historic reputation of forcing cuts through

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Jamie M - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 11:15 am)Andreos1 Interestingly, Labour have been promoting policies over the last few weeks promoting more public spending, such as free school meals.

I think we will see more of the same old with the tories. They have a historic reputation of forcing cuts through
I fear the letter "a" is going to be cut from the english alphabet due to excessive printing costs.
T lest we hve 25 others left.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - mb134 - 18 Apr 2017

Can't see anything other than a Tory landslide in this election.

Hopefully the Conservatives win seats from the SNP, as Labour sure as hell aren't going to. As much as I like Corbyn and his policies, there are too many people that believe absolutely everything certain newspapers print.

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - MurdnunoC - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 1:00 pm)mb134 Can't see anything other than a Tory landslide in this election.

Hopefully the Conservatives win seats from the SNP, as Labour sure as hell aren't going to. As much as I like Corbyn and his policies, there are too many people that believe absolutely everything certain newspapers print.

Regrettably, I have to agree with everything you've said here. I don't think Theresa May would have called an election unless she was sure of securing victory and, while I don't think it will be a massive landslide, I do think it will be an increase of the majority David Cameron secured back in 2015. As for Corbyn, I like both him and his policies, but reluctantly I do have to concede that his performances have been less than inspiring at the despatch box and in the media in general. While he may well be a victim of media-bias, public image is unfortunately important in how politics is presented in this country and I think he needs to be a lot more polished and media-savvy.

Also, Labour have not recovered from the infighting which has plagued the party for the last two years. I fear that some within the party may use this election to cement the justification of removing Corbyn rather than focussing on winning the election.

Would it be fair to say that

1. If Labour do really bad in Scotland again, the only outcome of the General Election is Tory win

2. If the SNP take the few remaining Westminster seats North of the Border that will put the Fishwife in a better position for a 2nd Referendum

Also could Brexit be scrapped if May is defeated at the polls or are we past the point of no return for stopping Brexit?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

(18 Apr 2017, 12:47 pm)Jamie M I fear the letter "a" is going to be cut from the english alphabet due to excessive printing costs.
T lest we hve 25 others left.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eh?

(18 Apr 2017, 1:00 pm)mb134 Can't see anything other than a Tory landslide in this election.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. It is a sad state of affairs when in an age of information, people struggle to read beyond the headlines or listen beyond the soundbites.

Please for the love of god, don't vote Michael Gove.

(18 Apr 2017, 4:33 pm)MrFozz Would it be fair to say that

1. If Labour do really bad in Scotland again, the only outcome of the General Election is Tory win

2. If the SNP take the few remaining Westminster seats North of the Border that will put the Fishwife in a better position for a 2nd Referendum

Also could Brexit be scrapped if May is defeated at the polls or are we past the point of no return for stopping Brexit?

Sent from my SM-G900F using

Tapatalk

If Labour play the game right and make concessions' or agreements with the Scottish voters, there may be a swing.

Quite how it is done, whilst appealing to voters this side of the border...

(18 Apr 2017, 6:16 pm)Michael Please for the love of god, don't vote Michael Gove.

I'm not sure we have many members living in Bagshott or other parts of Surrey Wink

Seriously though, vote tory and you get the likes of Gove having a say in how the country is run. Scary.

Saw this earlier. It made me chuckle.

https://twitter.com/ThePoke/status/854395358641782785

(18 Apr 2017, 6:24 pm)Andreos1 If Labour play the game right and make concessions' or agreements with the Scottish voters, there may be a swing.

Quite how it is done, whilst appealing to voters this side of the border...

I'm not sure we have many members living in Bagshott or other parts of Surrey Wink

Seriously though, vote tory and you get the likes of Gove having a say in how the country is run. Scary.

Saw this earlier. It made me chuckle.

https://twitter.com/ThePoke/status/854395358641782785

hahahaha, wonder what UKIP's would be?

Ye so please, those who live down south, don't vote Michael Gove... Tongue

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - Adrian - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 11:07 am)Michael It'll be either Labour or Tories who'll win, then will give us 4 years of cuts.

You would not get four years of cuts with a Corbyn led Labour. 

(18 Apr 2017, 11:15 am)Andreos1 Interestingly, Labour have been promoting policies over the last few weeks promoting more public spending, such as free school meals.

I think we will see more of the same old with the tories. They have a  historic reputation of forcing cuts through

If you add the Easter Policy blitz to the 10 point plan, then you have the foundations for a fantastic manifesto. The MSM however are not our friends, but as a party we've done fantastically well with the Easter breakthrough, and getting an extremely positive MSM and public reaction as a result of the policy blitz.

http://www.jeremyforlabour.com/pledges
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/jeremy-corbyn/news/85102/poll-shows-public-support-jeremy
[Image: 10_point.jpg]
[Image: C9sWZSWXkAE7DS-.png]

Where's all the money going to come from for all that?

RE: Politics (and other political stuff) - James101 - 18 Apr 2017

So Corbyn wants to stand up for small businesses, who are the single biggest support of the economy, by upping corporation tax and a £10 minimum wage? 

If nothing else, he's funny.

I would be interested to see what parties put in there manifestos to support small business, down to what help could be given to start up's as my Mrs wants to open up her own Nail Bar and Salon and would be interested to know if there is anything going to be outlined regarding helping new businessesas an election pledge

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk