North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 19 Jun 2023

I always think it's a shame they can't work with existing routes as extensions - just to pick a few out of the bag:

X75 and X76, plus 95 and 96
56 and 8 (Weardale)
6 and 85
1 and 84 to Stanley (Crook)
X46 and 84, other half (Crook)
113, 8A (Arriva)

They'd all arguably offer better services offering longer routes, rather that infrequent short routes to places where people don't want to be.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 19 Jun 2023

Decided to work out the PVR changes for July - a total of 22 buses being released. Prime candidates will presumably be Durham's Volvo's (8), Darlington/Durham's Solos (13), Ashington's Solos (6), the Centro's (2) and if they are indeed going, the Ecocitys (14) - presumably whatever's not seen off by these changes will be by the withdrawal of the 51-55 and the new electric buses - though ideally the latter would start seeing off the 57 plate E400's. 

1/X1/5 -3 = PVR 12
3/19 -2 = PVR 3
12 -2 = PVR 0
X21 -3 = PVR 0
X66/67 +1 = PVR 7
5A -1 = PVR 2
17 -1 = PVR 3
28/28A -1 = PVR 4
29 -1 = PVR 2
62 -2 = PVR 4
X2/3/64 -1 = PVR 10
X22 +1 = PVR 4
56 -2 = PVR 3
22/23/24 -3 = PVR 16
6 -2 = PVR 8

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ryland - 19 Jun 2023

In terms of the X2/3/64 wouldn't be more ideal if the X2 and X3 were stand alone services
64 InterWorked with 62

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Countydurhambuses - 19 Jun 2023

(19 Jun 2023, 7:08 pm)Storx I always think it's a shame they can't work with existing routes as extensions - just to pick a few out of the bag:

56 and 8 (Weardale)
6 and 85
113, 8A (Arriva)

They'd all arguably offer better services offering longer routes, rather that infrequent short routes to places where people don't want to be.

I wish the x46 went to stanhope again, an hourly from Stanhope to Durham would be great

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 23 Jun 2023

PB0002717/592 Registered
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
Route: Whitby to Egton
Service number: 193
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 23 Aug 2023

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ryland - 23 Jun 2023

(19 Jun 2023, 8:30 pm)peter Decided to work out the PVR changes for July - a total of 22 buses being released. Prime candidates will presumably be Durham's Volvo's (8), Darlington/Durham's Solos (13), Ashington's Solos (6), the Centro's (2) and if they are indeed going, the Ecocitys (14) - presumably whatever's not seen off by these changes will be by the withdrawal of the 51-55 and the new electric buses - though ideally the latter would start seeing off the 57 plate E400's. 

1/X1/5 -3 = PVR 12
3/19 -2 = PVR 3
12 -2 = PVR 0
X21 -3 = PVR 0
X66/67 +1 = PVR 7
5A -1 = PVR 2
17 -1 = PVR 3
28/28A -1 = PVR 4
29 -1 = PVR 2
62 -2 = PVR 4
X2/3/64 -1 = PVR 10
X22 +1 = PVR 4
56 -2 = PVR 3
22/23/24 -3 = PVR 16
6 -2 = PVR 8

(23 Jun 2023, 3:39 pm)Michael PB0002717/592 Registered
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
Route: Whitby to Egton
Service number: 193
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 23 Aug 2023
193 will be for Egton show. Last year they used streetlites on this

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 26 Jun 2023

PB0002032/153 Cancelled
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
Route: Newcastle to Forest Hall
Service number: 55 (55)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 03 Sep 2023

PB0002032/457 Cancelled
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
Route: Newcastle to Whitley Bay
Service number: 54

PB0002032/458 Cancelled
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
Route: Newcastle to Whitley Bay via via Holystone
Service number: 51 (51)

PB0002032/476
Variation ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD 553 (553) Regent Centre Freeman Hospital

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 26 Jun 2023

(26 Jun 2023, 6:39 pm)Michael PB0002032/153 Cancelled
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
Route: Newcastle to Forest Hall
Service number: 55 (55)

PB0002032/457 Cancelled
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
Route: Newcastle to Whitley Bay
Service number: 54

PB0002032/458 Cancelled
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
Route: Newcastle to Whitley Bay via via Holystone
Service number: 51 (51)

PB0002032/476
Variation ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD 553 (553) Regent Centre Freeman Hospital

Wow there keeping the 553 that's shocking. That'll be some dead milage for the solos unless they get rid of the solos and swap it for a long bus. The variation will be the Freeman to Wallsend ish section I'm guessing

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 26 Jun 2023

(26 Jun 2023, 8:59 pm)Busu284 Wow there keeping the 553 that's shocking. That'll be some dead milage for the solos unless they get rid of the solos and swap it for a long bus. The variation will be the Freeman to Wallsend ish section I'm guessing

Battle Hill- Freeman is cancelled

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Shrek - 26 Jun 2023

(26 Jun 2023, 8:59 pm)Busu284 Wow there keeping the 553 that's shocking. That'll be some dead milage for the solos unless they get rid of the solos and swap it for a long bus. The variation will be the Freeman to Wallsend ish section I'm guessing

I believe they have a contract with the hospital trust to run between Regent Centre and Freeman. They are cancelling the rest of the route. Lots of dead mileage, but assume it'll still make them money.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 28 Jun 2023

Some more revisions to the originally announced set of changes taking place next weekend following discussions with councillors and begging bowls.

Some aren't quite clear in this post circulating, 19 isn't withdrawn but revised to no longer serve West Park and is unclear which 5/5A they're referring to (presumably the one on Teesside).

There's also suggestions about some form of combination with services 12 & 17 at some stage in the future.    

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 8:33 pm)Jimmi Some more revisions to the originally announced set of changes taking place next weekend following discussions with councillors and begging bowls.

Some aren't quite clear in this post circulating, 19 isn't withdrawn but revised to no longer serve West Park and is unclear which 5/5A they're referring to (presumably the one on Teesside).

There's also suggestions about some form of combination with services 12 & 17 at some stage in the future.

X3 series fully retained?!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 9:32 pm)Andreos1 X3 series fully retained?!

Just a Sunday service.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 9:40 pm)Jimmi Just a Sunday service.

Yeah they were tendering for two of the current three buses… the 81 got dropped so just an hourly Redcar-Lingdale service 3 (or X3 maybe?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Countydurhambuses - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 8:33 pm)Jimmi Some more revisions to the originally announced set of changes taking place next weekend following discussions with councillors and begging bowls.

It's likely the teesside 5/5a because the cuts for the darlington one where mostly just merging the 5 and 5a into a single 5, the sunday services on that aren't too badly affected

(19 Jun 2023, 7:08 pm)Storx I always think it's a shame they can't work with existing routes as extensions - just to pick a few out of the bag:

56 and 8 (Weardale)
6 and 85
113, 8A (Arriva)

the 1 to tow law already does the 84 route to stanley, for x46 i think tow law and stanhope would be the best extensions as the crook estates don't need full arriva double deckers, with the 113 and 8a it likely wouldn't work because the 8 and 8a are interworked so there wouldn't be a way to add in the 113.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - XQ Zero - 29 Jun 2023

The following has appeared on the Northern Echo's website.

Crucial' Arriva Darlington services saved from cuts
Several “crucial” bus services connecting North East residents have been saved from cuts after a "last-minute agreement".
The number 12 service in Hurworth, Darlington has been saved after facing the axe after five local authorities "stepped in" to keep a number of key services for residents.
The 29 route, which serves Cypress Road in Marton, on Teesside, will now also be saved as both an evening and daytime service after lobbying, and the local authorities reaching agreements with service operators.
The 28 service will also continue to serve Nunthorpe Village, subject to Middlesbrough Council tackling road safety concerns.
Darlington's number 4 service has also been saved for Sunday and evenings, along with the D3 and 3A service for between Monday to Saturday.
It comes after residents feared their village could become isolated if plans to withdraw the "lifeline" number 12 service went ahead.
Passengers said dozens of people use the 12 each day for supermarket shopping, dental and hospital appointments and social engagements in Darlington and further afield.
Mayor Houchen said: “Cutting services was a commercial decision by Arriva after we gave them a fair and equitable offer based on Government guidelines and previous calculations.
“This decision was entirely out of our hands – and it was an incredibly disappointing one given all the support they’ve received in the past.
“But we’ve listened to local people’s concerns and know how important these vital services are, so have worked extremely hard behind the scenes to find a way forward. The solution has come with new Government funding, which we’re part-using to bolster these routes.
“I’m pleased the number 12 will keep running given its importance to Hurworth, and the number 17 will continue to ferry pupils to school in Eaglescliffe and Ingleby before the summer break.
We’re also protecting the number 29 in Middlesbrough and fighting to do whatever we can to support other services.”
A continued Sunday bus service for Saltburn, Skelton and Lingdale will also be maintained as part of the X3 service through to Middlesbrough.
Sadly, agreement could not be reached on the 5 service continuing to serve Skinningrove.
The new Stagecoach 2 service, however, will serve the village with a final service departing from the village at 10.15pm, Monday to Saturday.
Owing to Arriva's internal operational restrictions and trade union rules, there will be a gap in services between July 9 and early September subject to authorisation from the traffic commissioner. 
Simon Clarke, Conservative MP for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland, said: “I welcome the news that our councils are largely stepping up to the plate with support from Tees Valley Mayor, Ben Houchen, in order to save the great majority of key services which were at risk.
Having spoken to hundreds of local people over recent weeks, I know exactly how vital these bus connections are for communities ranging from Marton all the way to the East Cleveland villages and this is what I've been emphasising to both our councils and Arriva.
I'm disappointed that Arriva and the trade unions are unable to find a way to avoid a gap in services over the summer, but this is a big improvement on where we were.
“I can commit that, as we move forward, I will be pressing the case for better services to those villages - North Skelton, New Skelton, Skelton Green and Boosbeck - which do not currently benefit from the new 1 and 2 services starting in July.
I will also make sure that the works required to ensure the 28 service continues to serve Nunthorpe Village are conducted by Middlesbrough Council.
“One thing it is really worth emphasising in East Cleveland is the excellent Teesflex service which can be booked online, on the app or by calling or by calling 0330 678 1545.”

Agreements have been reached on the following routes:
Service 12 – Darlington
Service 4 (Sunday and evenings) – Darlington
Service X3/X3A/3 (Sunday) – Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland
Service D3/3A (Monday to Saturday) – Darlington
Service 17/17A/X17 – Middlesbrough and Stockton
Service 12 & 17 combined (exploring new future service)
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/23620756.crucial-arriva-darlington-services-saved-cuts/

A similar announcement has been made on the Tees Valley Combined Authority's website.
Council Agree Compromise Over Key Bus Services To Be Retained After Eleventh Hour Talks - Tees Valley (teesvalley-ca.gov.uk)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Countydurhambuses - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 12:12 am)XQ Zero The following has appeared on the Northern Echo's website.

Crucial' Arriva Darlington services saved from cuts
Several “crucial” bus services connecting North East residents have been saved from cuts after a "last-minute agreement".
The number 12 service in Hurworth, Darlington has been saved after facing the axe after five local authorities "stepped in" to keep a number of key services for residents.
The 29 route, which serves Cypress Road in Marton, on Teesside, will now also be saved as both an evening and daytime service after lobbying, and the local authorities reaching agreements with service operators.
The 28 service will also continue to serve Nunthorpe Village, subject to Middlesbrough Council tackling road safety concerns.
Darlington's number 4 service has also been saved for Sunday and evenings, along with the D3 and 3A service for between Monday to Saturday.
It comes after residents feared their village could become isolated if plans to withdraw the "lifeline" number 12 service went ahead.
Passengers said dozens of people use the 12 each day for supermarket shopping, dental and hospital appointments and social engagements in Darlington and further afield.
Mayor Houchen said: “Cutting services was a commercial decision by Arriva after we gave them a fair and equitable offer based on Government guidelines and previous calculations.
“This decision was entirely out of our hands – and it was an incredibly disappointing one given all the support they’ve received in the past.
“But we’ve listened to local people’s concerns and know how important these vital services are, so have worked extremely hard behind the scenes to find a way forward. The solution has come with new Government funding, which we’re part-using to bolster these routes.
“I’m pleased the number 12 will keep running given its importance to Hurworth, and the number 17 will continue to ferry pupils to school in Eaglescliffe and Ingleby before the summer break.
We’re also protecting the number 29 in Middlesbrough and fighting to do whatever we can to support other services.”
A continued Sunday bus service for Saltburn, Skelton and Lingdale will also be maintained as part of the X3 service through to Middlesbrough.
Sadly, agreement could not be reached on the 5 service continuing to serve Skinningrove.
The new Stagecoach 2 service, however, will serve the village with a final service departing from the village at 10.15pm, Monday to Saturday.
Owing to Arriva's internal operational restrictions and trade union rules, there will be a gap in services between July 9 and early September subject to authorisation from the traffic commissioner. 
Simon Clarke, Conservative MP for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland, said: “I welcome the news that our councils are largely stepping up to the plate with support from Tees Valley Mayor, Ben Houchen, in order to save the great majority of key services which were at risk.
Having spoken to hundreds of local people over recent weeks, I know exactly how vital these bus connections are for communities ranging from Marton all the way to the East Cleveland villages and this is what I've been emphasising to both our councils and Arriva.
I'm disappointed that Arriva and the trade unions are unable to find a way to avoid a gap in services over the summer, but this is a big improvement on where we were.
“I can commit that, as we move forward, I will be pressing the case for better services to those villages - North Skelton, New Skelton, Skelton Green and Boosbeck - which do not currently benefit from the new 1 and 2 services starting in July.
I will also make sure that the works required to ensure the 28 service continues to serve Nunthorpe Village are conducted by Middlesbrough Council.
“One thing it is really worth emphasising in East Cleveland is the excellent Teesflex service which can be booked online, on the app or by calling or by calling 0330 678 1545.”

Agreements have been reached on the following routes:
Service 12 – Darlington
Service 4 (Sunday and evenings) – Darlington
Service X3/X3A/3 (Sunday) – Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland
Service D3/3A (Monday to Saturday) – Darlington
Service 17/17A/X17 – Middlesbrough and Stockton
Service 12 & 17 combined (exploring new future service)
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/23620756.crucial-arriva-darlington-services-saved-cuts/

A similar announcement has been made on the Tees Valley Combined Authority's website.
Council Agree Compromise Over Key Bus Services To Be Retained After Eleventh Hour Talks - Tees Valley (teesvalley-ca.gov.uk)

If the 12 and 17 combine it would be an interesting service and maybe long newton would be served by a bus.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 12:20 am)Countydurhambuses If the 12 and 17 combine it would be an interesting service and maybe long newton would be served by a bus.

The reason for it will be so the loon in charge of Tees Valley can brag about linking his fantasy project (the airport) with a bus as it currently doesn't have one.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Stuartphin1639 - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 7:34 am)Storx The reason for it will be so the loon in charge of Tees Valley can brag about linking his fantasy project (the airport) with a bus as it currently doesn't have one.

I’m pretty sure Arriva have tried numerous times to link the airport and eaglescliffe/ Stockton/ Middlesbrough together, and it’s failed on all occasions in the shape of the 12/20

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 12:29 pm)Stuartphin1639 I’m pretty sure Arriva have tried numerous times to link the airport and eaglescliffe/ Stockton/ Middlesbrough together, and it’s failed on all occasions in the shape of the 12/20

Aye, sure they were subsidised at one point aswell as they got the MPD's which had the luggage racks for them, not sure on the numbers though.

Edit: Yeah, 737 see: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/98/242402832_0c5d34515f.jpg