North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 20 Feb 2015

(20 Feb 2015, 2:39 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, thought there may have been a couple - which ties in with what Kuyoyo has said below.

Do you mean the college at Fram?

It was more to do with the marketing/branding perspective as well as improving timings.
Appreciate there are short runs, but wondered if it would be better if they were split completely.

No, the University free travel extends upto Framwellgate Moor on the X12/X2 so when looking to split it, Arriva choose that as the point (and at that time, the X1 registration was Middlesbrough to Framwellgate Moor).

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - John_R - 20 Feb 2015

(20 Feb 2015, 12:44 pm)Jimmi I never really use or see the 75/76 but I think it's one of them services that are busy at peak times but quieter during the daytime.

Also reverting back to its original route will increase passenger numbers

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 20 Feb 2015

(20 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm)Kuyoyo No, the University free travel extends upto Framwellgate Moor on the X12/X2 so when looking to split it, Arriva choose that as the point (and at that time, the X1 registration was Middlesbrough to Framwellgate Moor).

Not quite, the university passes are valid to the stop before at Aykley Heads.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - palatine3833 - 21 Feb 2015

There are quite a few people use it for cross-city links, especially on Friday/Saturday evenings, when I have dropped quite a few people off in Elvet after coming through from Chester-le-Street etc.  Hopefully, when the service goes MAX they can think of a way of improving the later X2s as I think half past 5 for the last Newcastle is a bit too early, could possibly extend one or two of our Chester-le-Street terminators.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 21 Feb 2015

(21 Feb 2015, 1:12 pm)palatine3833 There are quite a few people use it for cross-city links, especially on Friday/Saturday evenings, when I have dropped quite a few people off in Elvet after coming through from Chester-le-Street etc.  Hopefully, when the service goes MAX they can think of a way of improving the later X2s as I think half past 5 for the last Newcastle is a bit too early, could possibly extend one or two of our Chester-le-Street terminators.

Cheers.
Would you reckon on extending it all the way through until late on or gradually reduce some of the services to the Angel or Chester?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 21 Feb 2015

(21 Feb 2015, 5:01 pm)Andreos1 Cheers.
Would you reckon on extending it all the way through until late on or gradually reduce some of the services to the Angel or Chester?
I've no idea of what the loadings are like or if it would even be possible to do based on driving hours, but the roundabout just before the Angel may be a good turning point.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 21 Feb 2015

(21 Feb 2015, 5:04 pm)Dan I've no idea of what the loadings are like or if it would even be possible to do based on driving hours, but the roundabout just before the Angel may be a good turning point.

The X12 journey time from Middlesbrough to Durham is 1hr 5mins in both directions so it would probably be a struggle to do it all the way to Newcastle in under 2 hours. Could probably fit Durham to Chester-le-Street though as there is currently a 45 minute gap in Durham between the X12 arriving and the X12 leaving Durham again and I'd say about 20 minutes to get to Chester from Durham.

Not sure what numbers would be like or how driving hours would especially on Friday / Saturday nights.

Would love to see the X2 run on a Sunday as the only bus I can get to Newcastle on a Sunday is the 21 which takes over an hour and to make matters worse for me one 21 leaves 1 minute after the 7 is due to arrive in Durham so I'm stuck waiting just under half an hour for one to Newcastle. See why I rarely do Sunday bus outings!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 23 Feb 2015

PB0002717/390 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Whitby Park & Ride and Whitby Park & Ride given service number P1/P2 effective from 01-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 24 Feb 2015

PB0002717/306 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between New Marske and Stokesley given service number 81/81a effective from 09-Mar-2015. To amend Route.

PB0002717/309 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Middlesbrough and Easington given service number X4 effective from 09-Mar-2015. To amend Route.

For these diversions in Redcar

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 26 Feb 2015

PB0002717/280 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Durham and Ushaw College given service number U1 effective from 20-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/302 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Middlesbrough and Lingdale given service number 747/746 effective from 09-Mar-2015. To amend Route.

PB0002717/389 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Whitby and Scarborough given service number X93 effective from 29-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 26 Feb 2015

They tweeted a link to a survey about services in Darlington earlier.
Imagine it is on their fb page too.

(26 Feb 2015, 7:32 pm)Andreos1 They tweeted a link to a survey about services in Darlington earlier.
Imagine it is on their fb page too.

There was - I posted a link to the survey from there earlier, probably should have posted here instead of the latest thread - oh well!

Link to the survey: http://bit.ly/1zKpu3C

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 26 Feb 2015

(26 Feb 2015, 7:36 pm)Jimmi There was - I posted a link to the survey from there earlier, probably should have posted here instead of the latest thread - oh well!

Link to the survey: http://bit.ly/1zKpu3C

Just going through the unread posts and saw mention of it elsewhere.
Came to this one before the 'latest' thread.

Nevermind

(26 Feb 2015, 7:37 pm)Andreos1 Just going through the unread posts and saw mention of it elsewhere.
Came to this one before the 'latest' thread.

Nevermind

Yeah I wasn't sure where to put it, I wasn't sure about putting it here because it is a survey and these changes may not happen (although they probably will), thought about the service suggestions thread but it wasn't really suggestions as such so I decided to put it in the latest thread.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 28 Feb 2015

Time for the OK1 to return to restore the link to the College!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - John_R - 28 Feb 2015

(28 Feb 2015, 10:00 am)Cock Robin Time for the OK1 to return to restore the link to the College!

Hardly anyone uses it to the Darlington College. Most students from the Bishop and Shildon areas will either go to QE or Bishop Auckland College

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 04 Mar 2015

Just noticed that the additional peak summer journeys on service X93 will now start on Sunday 29th March and will run until Sunday 1st November. The registrations will be split at Guisborough and Whitby from the same date.

Wonder what they'll use alongside the MAX branded B9TL's.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 04 Mar 2015

(04 Mar 2015, 8:47 pm)Jimmi Just noticed that the additional peak summer journeys on service X93 will now start on Sunday 29th March and will run until Sunday 1st November. The registrations will be split at Guisborough and Whitby from the same date.

Wonder what they'll use alongside the MAX branded B9TL's.

MAX-livered B7TLs - 7485/6 due to be painted up and WiFi'd ready for the start of the summer timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 05 Mar 2015

(04 Mar 2015, 8:57 pm)Kuyoyo MAX-livered B7TLs - 7485/6 due to be painted up and WiFi'd ready for the start of the summer timetable.

WTF?

That will be the most absurd thing that Arriva has done, ever!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 05 Mar 2015

Should use 2 of the best out of 7453 - 7456 for the X93. With a bit of TLC, they'd be good powerful workhorses.