North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 08 Jan 2016

Ordered something large on Wednesday from a well known store with an online and high street presence. Said company offers time slots, so even though I oculd have had it, yesterday, I arranged for it to come between 10-2, today because I could guarantee being around. Went out to the bin at 11:30, to find a very soggy card in the door. My delivery is with a neighbour, who is out. I have not been out of earshot of either my (steady, Dan) front or back door since 10am (and I've not even been to the loo!)

I've also not had my delivery notification email, so whoever delivered it probably delivered while I was on the school run and has left it until later to log so it doesn't come up wrong on the system.

It's all the more annoying because the item is 3 items and 2 of them are huge, so they're cluttering up the neighbours' house and, if the neighbour doesn't get hoe before the boys do, I'll not be able to go and retrieve them.

The only plus I can think of is that I'll be able to ask the neighbour exactly when they did arrive and who delivered them, if it wasn't our regular, usually reliable, guy. I had something just appear out of nowhere, the other day, too, from the same place for the same time slot. I was next to the back door at the time that was allegedly delivered.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 08 Jan 2016

Finding my car had its tracking rod bent from the pothole I hit yesterday. Though luckly it didn't take the suspension with it and it passed its MOT.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 09 Jan 2016

The thugs who were just taking the p out of the guy selling the big issue at Haymarket bus station, getting right in his face. They've just been chased away from Eldon Square bus station by security for trying to force stand doors open from the outside. Their reaction to being challenged was less than polite. Angry

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 09 Jan 2016

I'm being leaked on by 7415! There is a LOT of water coming from the ceiling.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 09 Jan 2016

Annoys the fucking life out of me when people have pushchairs on the bus when they decide they want to take the child out and walk half way up the bus to sit and leave the pushchair in the pushchair area of the bus....

Drivers should have to tell them their child should be on the pushchair or to put it down....

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 09 Jan 2016

(09 Jan 2016, 12:48 pm)Michael Annoys the fucking life out of me when people have pushchairs on the bus when they decide they want to take the child out and walk half way up the bus to sit and leave the pushchair in the pushchair area of the bus....

Drivers should have to tell them their child should be on the pushchair or to put it down....

Yup. They'd be first to complain when they can't get their pushchair on, because the bus already has 1 or 2 on.

(09 Jan 2016, 12:54 pm)Adrian Yup. They'd be first to complain when they can't get their pushchair on, because the bus already has 1 or 2 on.

They will be, its annoying as out, it also blocks people wth wheelchairs getting on to... i see it a lot and it pisses me off haha.

Also...

I forgot my bank pin in the travel shop, so that meant i had to phone my mam haha

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 09 Jan 2016

I always ensure that my mother puts her pram in the pushchair bay. If unavailable, the wheelchair bay.

Prams should be classed as wheelchairs in my opinion, however pushchairs shouldn't and should be folded IF the child is able to walk.

(09 Jan 2016, 1:14 pm)GX03 SVC I always ensure that my mother puts her pram in the pushchair bay. If unavailable, the wheelchair bay.

Prams should be classed as wheelchairs in my opinion, however pushchairs shouldn't and should be folded IF the child is able to walk.

I think we can say it depends on the child's needs... don't get me wrong, i'm not discriminating against anyone with special or specific needs... i work with children with Autism and who are Deaf etc.

But if the child can walk, pushchairs should be folded up, if the child isn't on it.

(09 Jan 2016, 1:19 pm)Michael I think we can say it depends on the child's needs... don't get me wrong, i'm not discriminating against anyone with special or specific needs... i work with children with Autism and who are Deaf etc.

But if the child can walk, pushchairs should be folded up, if the child isn't on it.

This.

Little'un can walk, but until 2 years ago, we often couldn't take him anywhere safely without his buggy. It was classed as a wheelchair but physically, it's a buggy on steroids.

(09 Jan 2016, 1:42 pm)BusLoverMum This.

Little'un can walk, but until 2 years ago, we often couldn't take him anywhere safely without his buggy. It was classed as a wheelchair but physically, it's a buggy on steroids.

Ye, i can't remember the pushchairs proper name, I've pushed them before, they are quite heavy. A child i worked with a few years back had one, i thought they were a nightmare to push.

I hope you didn't take offense, if so i do apologize.

(09 Jan 2016, 1:49 pm)Michael Ye, i can't remember the pushchairs proper name, I've pushed them before, they are quite heavy. A child i worked with a few years back had one, i thought they were a nightmare to push.

I hope you didn't take offense, if so i do apologize.

MaclaReN major.

Was a killer to push up hills and up and down kerbs with a 4 stone child leaning over the side to watch the wheels. We got through 3 of them, over the years. More of a killer to wrestle with said child to stop him from hurling himself in front of a van because he's remembered that he didn't touch a particular gate 100 yards back or scraping him off the floor because today's the day the surgery is closed so he can't run in, sit down and runbout, today.

Our life is too bonkers to be offended by honest observations

(09 Jan 2016, 2:28 pm)BusLoverMum MaclaReN major.

Was a killer to push up hills and up and down kerbs with a 4 stone child leaning over the side to watch the wheels. We got through 3 of them, over the years. More of a killer to wrestle with said child to stop him from hurling himself in front of a van because he's remembered that he didn't touch a particular gate 100 yards back or scraping him off the floor because today's the day the surgery is closed so he can't run in, sit down and runbout, today.

Our life is too bonkers to be offended by honest observations

Yes!, its a good name for them.

Oh dear, i can imagine that, i also hate when people stare and shake their heads. 

Seen many people do that!

(09 Jan 2016, 2:39 pm)Michael Yes!, its a good name for them.

Oh dear, i can imagine that, i also hate when people stare and shake their heads. 

Seen many people do that!

Or take offence wheN either of the boys don't return their greetings.

(09 Jan 2016, 3:21 pm)BusLoverMum Or take offence wheN either of the boys don't return their greetings.

Sad, that's harsh on them.

(09 Jan 2016, 3:25 pm)Michael Sad, that's harsh on them.

Usually pure ignorance. One couldn't talk at all until recently, the other is selectively mute. Explaining that he can't talk to strangers didn't stop a silly woman from going on and on at big'un before Christmas, mind, then going on at me about what a shame it was (told her quite plsinly that I don't regard our lives as a tragedy) and then she went on about how she brought a random autistic child out of their shell for the first time ever in asdas(sic).... I didn't ask her for a laying on of hands.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 09 Jan 2016

Some chavs in Sunderland kept giving me grief for photographing 5334 on the 35, the driver saw what happened so he came to see if I was ok. Once the bus left they started again saying I have "No life" and I'm a "retard." Then I went to find either someone who worked for Nexus or another bus driver, who kindly let me sit on 6099, until they'd buggered off. He then asked me if I wanted a bus home and I told him I wanted the 56 so he let me stay on.
My other annoyance is my mam's phone messed up my shot of 4955 on the 20A, so I tried a rear shot, but the rear blind wasn't working.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 09 Jan 2016

(09 Jan 2016, 5:08 pm)Davie Some chavs in Sunderland kept giving me grief for photographing 5334 on the 35, the driver saw what happened so he came to see if I was ok. Once the bus left they started again saying I have "No life" and I'm a "retard." Then I went to find either someone who worked for Nexus or another bus driver, who kindly let me sit on 6099, until they'd buggered off. He then asked me if I wanted a bus home and I told him I wanted the 56 so he let me stay on.
My other annoyance is my mam's phone messed up my shot of 4955 on the 20A, so I tried a rear shot, but the rear blind wasn't working.

Should of farted on them. Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 09 Jan 2016

(09 Jan 2016, 5:22 pm)DanPicken Should of farted on them.
To be honest mate, I was crapping myself, I honestly thought I was going to get stabbed.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 09 Jan 2016

Should have given them a gravely, deathly stare!