You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What's annoying you today? V4

RE: What's annoying you today? V4
(04 Jan 2016, 6:18 am)Dan wrote First day back to work, and lo and behold... Delays systemwide on the the Tyne & Wear Metro network.

12 minutes late at 0615 in the morning is an absolute farce - technical fault or no technical fault!

Oh dear, that's typical!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(04 Jan 2016, 6:18 am)Dan wrote First day back to work, and lo and behold... Delays systemwide on the the Tyne & Wear Metro network.

12 minutes late at 0615 in the morning is an absolute farce - technical fault or no technical fault!

Nowt new there then
Been having some real issues with social anxiety the last few days, it has led to me doing things I regret and has left me feeling miserable the last few days and I have been losing sleep over sleep over it, couldn't sleep at all the other night so ended up doing some reading and taking quizzes on the matter at four in the morning which certainly confirmed the problem.

Honestly don't know what to do.
Marxista Fozzski
(04 Jan 2016, 4:40 pm)Jimmi wrote Been having some real issues with social anxiety the last few days, it has led to me doing things I regret and has left me feeling miserable the last few days and I have been losing sleep over sleep over it, couldn't sleep at all the other night so ended up doing some reading and taking quizzes on the matter at four in the morning which certainly confirmed the problem.

Honestly don't know what to do.
check ya PMs Jimbo
Drivers at a bus stop waiting time revving the engine so the enviro doesn't turn itself off.

27723 on e2 (21.40 from Chichester to Sunderland) if your interested in bad environmental issues.
Marxista Fozzski
Lifeline Project...

Pain in the arse

I phoned my recovery co-ordinator 3 weeks ago after my sister died to ask for a temporary change to my prescription on compassionate grounds, promised me he would sort it, never called me back...Strike 1

2 days later I goto pick my prescription in the hope that he sorted something out for me, but had not...Strike 2

When I got that prescription I was told it would cover me upto January 13th, I went to the Pharmacist yesterday as I am on a daily supervised pick up only to find out my prescription ran out and it was only for a week, when I try to sort it out, I get fobbed off and warned about missing days...Strike 3

I had no choice but to walk out of the clinic, I had to meet my mrs and could not get in touch, and I was not prepared to stand her and her daughter up...

So now I am looking to have my case transferred to Peterlee or Sunderland...

I can only take so much, and the best thing I can do is walk away, because I know if I cause a scene it will be me in trouble no matter what
Flaming typical.

Left my outing until now to let the worst of the rain pass.
Reassure myself that every bus has been roughly on time.
Not bothered checking the bus tracking because it never works
Activated my ticket at home in case signal is crap at bus stop
Idky checked the app at the bus stop, only to siscober the bus is being tracked and it's 21 minutes late and still in peterlee. Angry
(07 Jan 2016, 1:48 pm)Jimmi wrote Waiting for someone to contact you...

Go to the loo.

Most of my deliveries arrive when I'm on the loo. (Or they come to the back door while I'm busy with another one at the front door).
Site Administrator
(07 Jan 2016, 2:27 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Go to the loo.

Most of my deliveries arrive when I'm on the loo. (Or they come to the back door while I'm busy with another one at the front door).

There's a joke hidden in there somewhere!

They come to the back door while you're busy at the front, and they arrive while things are passing through your back doors too... Just typical, eh?
(07 Jan 2016, 3:55 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Talking of loos, currently at Boro, and all the cubicles were annoyingly locked!
It's good that them toilets now look nicer than they used to, although you now have plenty of time to check yourself out in the mirrors whilst you wait as there aren't as many toilets as there used to be.
(07 Jan 2016, 3:55 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Talking of loos, currently at Boro, and all the cubicles were annoyingly locked!

Welcome to my world Wink

I noticed the changing spaces loo was out of action, last time I was there. It's not like some of the people who need that can just go elsewhere. Hopefully, that's been fixed as part of the refurb, too.

Back to the topic of m late bus, earlier - it's occurred to me that it was the one that was 20 minutes late, just after 9 and, for some reason, it hadn't been replaced. The driver was taking his time, too - he spent ages reading one of those free ticketvouchers, when I got on. (He also needed a bath - maybe I should claim for that on the sapphire guarantee Wink

Anyhow, the next driver to get the bus, (as it went out again, about 17 minutes late, a little behind the 24) didn't waste any time. By the time it was coming back through from Sunderland, after 3pm, it was only 5 minutes late. That's a pretty good catch up.
Arriving home at 1900, originally planned when I was at Darlington to be between 1720 and 1740.

Supposed to be home by 1600, but I decided to go to Middlesbrough, the bus broke down in Stockton, I then missed the 1530 X10 due to me having to catch a 37. Then on arrival at Newcastle, some fucking tit decided to fanny around with his Subway order, so I had to wait 20 minutes.

Everything has gone tits up now. This bus I'm on will probably break down too.
(07 Jan 2016, 3:55 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Talking of loos, currently at Boro, and all the cubicles were annoyingly locked!

never use them in that town anyways i wait

my back really is knackered
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(07 Jan 2016, 10:23 pm)BusLoverMum wrote You'll end up with knackered kidneys, too, if you hold on for hours.

Actually I went to the loo about an hour ago I get back pain sometimes when in my last post I was saying to Tommy I would never use toilets in Middlesbrough as there crap
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Ordered something large on Wednesday from a well known store with an online and high street presence. Said company offers time slots, so even though I oculd have had it, yesterday, I arranged for it to come between 10-2, today because I could guarantee being around. Went out to the bin at 11:30, to find a very soggy card in the door. My delivery is with a neighbour, who is out. I have not been out of earshot of either my (steady, Dan) front or back door since 10am (and I've not even been to the loo!)

I've also not had my delivery notification email, so whoever delivered it probably delivered while I was on the school run and has left it until later to log so it doesn't come up wrong on the system.

It's all the more annoying because the item is 3 items and 2 of them are huge, so they're cluttering up the neighbours' house and, if the neighbour doesn't get hoe before the boys do, I'll not be able to go and retrieve them.

The only plus I can think of is that I'll be able to ask the neighbour exactly when they did arrive and who delivered them, if it wasn't our regular, usually reliable, guy. I had something just appear out of nowhere, the other day, too, from the same place for the same time slot. I was next to the back door at the time that was allegedly delivered.
The thugs who were just taking the p out of the guy selling the big issue at Haymarket bus station, getting right in his face. They've just been chased away from Eldon Square bus station by security for trying to force stand doors open from the outside. Their reaction to being challenged was less than polite. Angry
Annoys the fucking life out of me when people have pushchairs on the bus when they decide they want to take the child out and walk half way up the bus to sit and leave the pushchair in the pushchair area of the bus....

Drivers should have to tell them their child should be on the pushchair or to put it down....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Jan 2016, 12:48 pm)Michael wrote Annoys the fucking life out of me when people have pushchairs on the bus when they decide they want to take the child out and walk half way up the bus to sit and leave the pushchair in the pushchair area of the bus....

Drivers should have to tell them their child should be on the pushchair or to put it down....

Yup. They'd be first to complain when they can't get their pushchair on, because the bus already has 1 or 2 on.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(09 Jan 2016, 12:54 pm)Adrian wrote Yup. They'd be first to complain when they can't get their pushchair on, because the bus already has 1 or 2 on.

They will be, its annoying as out, it also blocks people wth wheelchairs getting on to... i see it a lot and it pisses me off haha.

Also...

I forgot my bank pin in the travel shop, so that meant i had to phone my mam haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I always ensure that my mother puts her pram in the pushchair bay. If unavailable, the wheelchair bay.

Prams should be classed as wheelchairs in my opinion, however pushchairs shouldn't and should be folded IF the child is able to walk.
(09 Jan 2016, 1:14 pm)GX03 SVC wrote I always ensure that my mother puts her pram in the pushchair bay. If unavailable, the wheelchair bay.

Prams should be classed as wheelchairs in my opinion, however pushchairs shouldn't and should be folded IF the child is able to walk.

I think we can say it depends on the child's needs... don't get me wrong, i'm not discriminating against anyone with special or specific needs... i work with children with Autism and who are Deaf etc.

But if the child can walk, pushchairs should be folded up, if the child isn't on it.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Jan 2016, 1:19 pm)Michael wrote I think we can say it depends on the child's needs... don't get me wrong, i'm not discriminating against anyone with special or specific needs... i work with children with Autism and who are Deaf etc.

But if the child can walk, pushchairs should be folded up, if the child isn't on it.

This.

Little'un can walk, but until 2 years ago, we often couldn't take him anywhere safely without his buggy. It was classed as a wheelchair but physically, it's a buggy on steroids.