North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 26 Jan 2016

(26 Jan 2016, 7:32 am)S813 FVK Its been said over and over that the route number being on the right is best practise rather than a 'must do'. Therefore, the vehicle is DDA compliant now and dosen't need anything doing to it.

That's what I told him.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 26 Jan 2016

(26 Jan 2016, 4:10 pm)Jimmi No idea why but sometimes I can't seem to press the letter 'P' on my phones screen, I'm pressing it and it thinks I'm pressing the letter 'O' instead.

Mine jumps all over the place. I have a particular tendency to miss the space bar and I'm not sure it's because I'm not actually touching it.

The spelling suggestions are the most annoying. They stay there for just as long as it takes for me to notice them and choose one, then all move around and change just as my finger hits them.

The other annoyance, which I've mentioned before (apart from the parrot on my shoulder, reading as I type, as if my laptop was substituting o for p) is when I click shift because I want a number or some punctuation and it jumps straight back to letters again.

Husband has suggested trying a different keyboard but I'm too much of a luddite for that.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - tyresmoke - 26 Jan 2016

(26 Jan 2016, 7:32 am)S813 FVK Its been said over and over that the route number being on the right is best practise rather than a 'must do'. Therefore, the vehicle is DDA compliant now and dosen't need anything doing to it.

Apart from the ultimate destination should be static and not scrolling...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 26 Jan 2016

(26 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm)tyresmoke Apart from the ultimate destination should be static and not scrolling...

Well, i suppose you have a point there but how much of an effect does that actually have to the customer given that it only scrolls when it is at either end?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/24625339255/in/photostream/

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 26 Jan 2016

(26 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm)tyresmoke Apart from the ultimate destination should be static and not scrolling...
Saw Scarlet Band's MX55WCZ's front display scrolling 'Darlington College' on the 84A yesterday morning.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 26 Jan 2016

(22 Jan 2016, 5:05 pm)DanPicken I slipped over on the school M.U.G.A and have badly sprained my ankle so I have crutches. This has annoyed me even more as I now cant go out over the weekend.
Get well soon mate.

My recent annoyance is I've cracked a bone in my knee.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 26 Jan 2016

(26 Jan 2016, 8:55 pm)S813 FVK Well, i suppose you have a point there but hoe much of an effect does that actually have to the customer given that it only scrolls when it is at either end?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/24625339255/in/photostream/
Think it's only displays the minutes until departure at Ripon, Harrogate and Leeds Bus Station's. In that photo you've linked to there, I think the bus should actually be displaying 'Ripon' like this photo https://flic.kr/p/DmusaL. The displays seem to be changed at Harrogate Bus Station, so from Ripon it should be 'Harrogate then Leeds' where it then be changed to 'Leeds' at Harrogate Bus Station then on the return it should be 'Harrogate then Ripon' where it then gets changed to 'Ripon' at Harrogate Bus Station. No idea why this is done.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 28 Jan 2016

First TransPennine Express' stupid mobile site.

Went through the booking process and when I got to the end it returned an error. So I have no idea whether it's gone through or taken any of my money although the site is saying I have no tickets.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 29 Jan 2016

North Road, Darlington.

It amazes how I looked at where service 5 was 5 minutes ago and it was on-time, 5 minutes later it's 17 minutes late! How is that even possible?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 29 Jan 2016

(29 Jan 2016, 3:56 pm)Jimmi North Road, Darlington.

It amazes how I looked at where service 5 was 5 minutes ago and it was on-time, 5 minutes later it's 17 minutes late! How is that even possible?

Maybe the wind opened up a wormhole.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 29 Jan 2016

I f###ed my already knakered knee!

(29 Jan 2016, 4:28 pm)Davie I f###ed my already knakered knee!

Ouch.

My joints simply hate this sort of weather. I'm clicking so much I'm like a walking one man band. My bones ache and I can hardly lift anything.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 29 Jan 2016

(29 Jan 2016, 4:30 pm)BusLoverMum Ouch.

My joints simply hate this sort of weather. I'm clicking so much I'm like a walking one man band. My bones ache and I can hardly lift anything.

I hope you are ok soon. I stupidly ran when I've cracked the bone in my knee....

(29 Jan 2016, 4:32 pm)Davie I hope you are ok soon. I stupidly ran when I've cracked the bone in my knee....

You deserve The Look for doing that.

Unfortunately, I'll never be completely better but I definitely have been better. I think I need to go and take some of the good drugs, now I've had my dinner.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 30 Jan 2016

Waiting in Newcastle airport for a severely delayed flight to Chambery

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 30 Jan 2016

When you get caught out in the Saturday timetables... Angry

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 30 Jan 2016

(30 Jan 2016, 6:03 am)NK53 TKT Waiting in Newcastle airport for a severely delayed flight to Chambery

Poor you Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Jan 2016

(30 Jan 2016, 9:16 am)GX03 SVC When you get caught out in the Saturday timetables... Angry
We've all done it, at least you're mistake isn't going to leave you stuck in Thirsk for over an hour and a half.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 30 Jan 2016

(30 Jan 2016, 9:19 am)BusLoverMum Poor you Wink

I'm in the hotel, my previously fairly inactive flicker account will now have French bus photos

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Jan 2016

Did not enjoy that bus tour I went on today.

Half of the things planned for the day got dropped and we got a pointless 15 minute break for Wetherspoons in Bedlington where we waited about 5 minutes before walking out as no-one got served, then then we got to spend over an hour lingering round the bleeding MetroCentre. I paid £15 for this displeasure, now on the X22 back to Durham.

I'm never doing another one of these trips again! Feel totally conned and felt like I have wasted my money and my day.